The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

294 Pages V  « < 115 116 117 118 119 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
bunnyb
post Jan 15 2009, 06:55 AM
Post #2321

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

QUOTE(lilacwine13 @ Jan 14 2009, 10:27 PM) *
Confession: I keep on buying used books, despite money being very tight and my ever-increasing list of books to be read. It seems like for every book I finish, two more spring up in its place. I love books and I love to read (obviously); I just need to sit down and read what I have before I visit Amazon or the local used book stores again.

lilacwine, it's as if you have reached into my soul and phrased the essence of and yet detriment to my being. Really, it's that bad. Money isn't very tight here, it's practically non-existent and yet I still manage to purchase more books (yesterday I majorly splurged on some pretty yet expensive Persephones and I'm going to have to hide them from the boy and that puts pressure on our relationship and the white lies are piling up...) I am a bibliophile and now consider myself a collector as I am building up a nice little collection of out of print green Viragoes and new, pretty, dove-grey Persephones. I am addicted to buying them; I covet them all and have no self-restraint or willpower to stop myself doing it. I have unread books on the bookshelves that could easily keep me occupied for five years and yet I can't resist the temptation of new books.

I love owning books so the library doesn't help (my visit to the library, back in Glasgow, was to borrow books that I actually owned but couldn't find amongst the books piled up around the house). I get it into my head to read a particular book and I MUST own that book and then I get distracted by the cover or synopsis of something else, read that and it reminds me of another book so I go buy/read that and it goes on and on and on.

As for the dvds: I've had Hard Candy for seven months, haven't watched it yet, and really need to cancel my dvd rental account to save money but won't until I've watched it and sent it back. I could have bought the dvd ten times over by now with the cost of the rental fee.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 15 2009, 04:06 AM
Post #2322

Hardcore BUSTie

Confession: I just spent alot of money on shirts and earrings. What was I thinking. i'll probably take most of it back. DAmn

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
ketto
post Jan 14 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #2323

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(missladyj @ Jan 14 2009, 09:04 PM) *
I confess that I watched American Idol last night , I hope the whore in the bikini who can't really sing totally flops in Hollywood.

Was calling her a 'whore' really necessary?

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Jan 14 2009, 09:30 PM
Post #2324

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

Gt, the nearest library is very tiny (I don't even think they have DVDs), but thanks to interlibrary loan, I wouldn't have a problem finding stuff to check out. I just have to get my ass in gear and apply for a card the next time I'm in town and, when I have some more money, make a donation. I just got out of the habit of using them because I would forget to return books on time and end up being fined.

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jan 14 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #2325

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

QUOTE(girltrouble @ Jan 14 2009, 06:22 PM) *

confession: i've had the same movie from netflix for the last 8 mos. it's a movie i really wanted to see, but i'm never in the mood for. and most times i forget i have it. add to that i have a dozen movies to watch from the library at any one time.

I've got you beat- next month it will be a year since we got Planet Terror in the mail. I don't know if LeBoy even watched it. So, we've been paying $8/month for one movie for the last year. At least we got an Xbox for Xmas (ha ha) so we can watch movies instantly over that even with the movie out. I think at this point, we can't find the movie. I should probably just report it missing.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jan 14 2009, 08:04 PM
Post #2326

Hardcore BUSTie

I confess that I watched American Idol last night , I hope the whore in the bikini who can't really sing totally flops in Hollywood.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jan 14 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #2327

new highs in personal lows daily!

star/wine :i email a list of my passwords to myself (and all of my phone numbers) so i know i can always access them.

lilac:
as for the books, have you tried the libraries? seattle has a fantastic library system, for music and movies too. i keep thinking i should get rid of my netflix acct... (speaking of which)

confession: i've had the same movie from netflix for the last 8 mos. it's a movie i really wanted to see, but i'm never in the mood for. and most times i forget i have it. add to that i have a dozen movies to watch from the library at any one time.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Jan 14 2009, 05:27 PM
Post #2328

I have the same issue, stargazer, only it's with Firefox remembering all my passwords. I need to write them all down too and stop relying on my computer to remember them for me.

Confession: I keep on buying used books, despite money being very tight and my ever-increasing list of books to be read. It seems like for every book I finish, two more spring up in its place. I love books and I love to read (obviously); I just need to sit down and read what I have before I visit Amazon or the local used book stores again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jan 14 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #2329

brown delicious

confession: i don't remember all of my passwords on various sites because mac has enabled me not to think. not good. i think i need to write them down like i used to..pre-mac. curse you steve jobs! wink.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
zoya
post Jan 14 2009, 10:25 AM
Post #2330

uh huh.

I kept my appt to get an IUD today. Even though we'd talked about options so we could put the condoms away, I never got the chance to tell R I'd made the appt. It was a bit weird that last time I was in and made the appt for it, I told them I had a regular partner; and this time when they actually were inserting it, I had to tell them I don't.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jan 14 2009, 06:34 AM
Post #2331

Hardcore BUSTie

Remember when you were in school and you thought if only Mrs. So and So would just get laid already she'd relax.
guess what?

you were right

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jan 13 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #2332

Hardcore BUSTie

confession- I have to call hubby and have him explain to me over the phone how to get the turntable to work and the music to come out of the speakers( which have to be turned on) this requires using two patch bays, and a mixing board then I find out that the power amp is out and I can't even crank the speakers in the room where I am busting. It makes me feel retarded.

confession_ I have discovered the sirius radio station on our satelite tv which can be cranked because the power amp is apparently working in that room and there are four count em four speakers. this is way more awesome than fucking around with the turntables. The only down side is now I can't be the deejay. Dammit!!!!

confession_ if these are my biggest problems , life is pretty good.

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jan 13 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #2333

bunnyb - see Committed Thread for reply

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jan 13 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #2334

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

QUOTE(LoveMyPugs @ Jan 13 2009, 12:52 PM) *
confession: if he stays he stays if he goes he goes. i'll heal either way.

confession: i'm nervous about getting married in february. is that normal?

Is it Mr Pugs you are planning to marry? It's just that in the previous confession you write about him potentially leaving you... maybe that's why you're nervous about getting married. Obviously I don't know what's going on in your life and relationship but I know that I wouldn't be getting married if the relationship wasn't sound and if I thought he was going to leave me.

I'm sorry if that comes across as brash and insensitive, pugs, but your post confused me; in one part you write about the possible demise of your relationship and the next part is about your impending nuptials, which is somewhat incongruous.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jan 13 2009, 07:52 AM
Post #2335

confession: although mr. pugs has made his share of mistakes these past six months i have really not been a good fiance to him and i'm paying the price. however, i have turned over a new leaf and i am not going to beat myself up. i'm going to work hard to show him i love him. if he stays he stays if he goes he goes. i'll heal either way.

confession: i'm nervous about getting married in february. is that normal?

confession: i've seriously missed bust and i'm planning on posting like i used to from now on.

+Quote Post
zoya
post Jan 13 2009, 06:38 AM
Post #2336

uh huh.

freckle -

don't sweat the sleeping thing. I've barely gotten out of bed all week so far, and I can't stop sleeping. I didn't even get out of bed until 5 pm yesterday. I left the house for the first time in over 36 hours today - and prior to that, I'd been out for about an hour, after being in 24 hours. I know that it will pass, but at the moment, I don't even care. I could sleep forever.

+Quote Post
mouse
post Jan 13 2009, 02:32 AM
Post #2337

Most Likely Procrastinating

this one's real bad.................................

i secretly like robin williams

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Jan 13 2009, 12:37 AM
Post #2338

((((Freckle))))) It's tough to let stuff like that go, even if it did happen twenty years ago.

Confession: I have been on antidepressants for a month and I've noticed a definite shift in my mood for the better. This is scaring me a little since I haven't felt this way in a very long time and I've forgotten how to handle it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Jan 13 2009, 12:19 AM
Post #2339

beachcomber

confession: have decided to let it go. the anger of the new info on my high school rep. it's 20 years ago, no sense in going retroactive on something that cannot be changed anyway.

confession: I feel myself sinking into a depression. things w/ the mr are erratically shitty and all I want to do lately is sleep. I'm seeing my therapist weekly still, but feel this is stuff that just has to work itself out in time..that or my psyche is actively Avoiding dealing w/ it completely which is also fine w/ me.

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
ketto
post Jan 12 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #2340

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(raisingirl @ Jan 12 2009, 12:38 AM) *
I confess I cried while watching the end of Tess of the d'Urbervilles on PBS. Sometimes I think I'm too sensitive.

Whatever, that's a super depressing story. Lately I find myself crying at something on TV every couple of days.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 115 116 117 118 119 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 23, 2014 - 02:08 PM