The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 109 110 111 112 113 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
starship
post Jun 30 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #2201

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(edie52 @ Jun 30 2009, 10:40 PM) *
For many of us I'm sure it's the opposite- for example, the few "real" bras I own are 34A, because A cups are about a bajillion times easier to find that AAs. So I'm wearing a cup size too big and a band size too small. The cups fit okay, but the band is tight and uncomfortable even on the largest hook. Explains why I really never wear those bras.

....Ditto.

& I'm also a bra whipper upon arriving home

again, padding, its not so much that i deliberately seek padding, but i like buying pretty underwear and the whole size issue means i have to either go for an uncomfortable 32a, or a 34a which is slightly too big in the cup unless its a padded/moulded style. As for 34aa, if i can find one in that size, in a nice style, that doesnt cos the earth then I'm buying whether it's padded or not. I think never wearing a bra at all would probably add to the insecurity i get sometimes about not feeling a 'real woman'. Sad but true.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could put our knowledge together and create a decent line of bras for small boobs. one that's possible to buy without advanced google skills and a huge overdraft..

This is kind-of weird but I'm slightly intimidated by my new love-interest's mom's breasts. They are HUGE. and she is tiny. I vaguely remember hearing something about guys going for girls with similar breast size to their mothers. Please someone tell me I made that up. It does sound pretty ridiculous. And I think he had a thing for Paris Hilton which is a good sign (in a weird sorta way). Why does every woman that comes into my life seem to bring an amazing huge pair of breasts with her.

Beesknees, your friend still sounds like a rude bitch

"but some of us do actually need them" ouch.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
edie52
post Jun 30 2009, 04:40 PM
Post #2202

Hardcore BUSTie

Some of you may have seen this posted in the large breast support group. I already knew about the "secret" (that cup size is relative to band size, duh), but I was still surprised that one of the bras in the 1st photo is an A cup! Also interesting is that she said that many women who are wearing the wrong size are wearing "a band too big and a cup size too small." For many of us I'm sure it's the opposite- for example, the few "real" bras I own are 34A, because A cups are about a bajillion times easier to find that AAs. So I'm wearing a cup size too big and a band size too small. The cups fit okay, but the band is tight and uncomfortable even on the largest hook. Explains why I really never wear those bras.

Sometimes I'll jump at a bra in the store because the cups actually look small enough to fit me, but it turns out to be a 30B or something. Where's my 36AA?!

I'm wearing a tube top today- a black cotton one with a built-in shelf bra. It's tucked into a grey summer skirt with a wide waistband and pockets. And topped with a few necklaces. I feel pretty hot!

+Quote Post
TheBeesKnees
post Jun 30 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #2203

BUSTie

...although there's definitely days I wouldn't mind be a B-cup...

And now this thread had me thinking about all the other times my small boobs are referenced. Hmpf. Shit. On the bright side: my boyfriend loves them. That probably doesn't hurt my confidence too much. I'm lucky I've never really come across jerky guys...just jerky girls biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
TheBeesKnees
post Jun 30 2009, 04:35 PM
Post #2204

BUSTie

I think I should amend my statement! That's just how she is. She's not like, my BFF by any means, but I've come to accept that she means nearly nothing that she says. I really should have made that more clear sad.gif I just thought it was sort of funny, for similar reasons pointed out [i.e. pointing out imaginary physical flaws], but I should have clarified that she's not some uber-asshole. Just really, really inappropriate. And a D-cup. So...has no idea what it's like to be an A-cup [it's pretty awesome actually wink.gif

+Quote Post
ailurophile
post Jun 30 2009, 03:46 PM
Post #2205

BUSTie

Well said Strongirl!

They may have had "falsies" around for a very long time BUT never almost every bra in the store. It's difficult to find them without even a lining nowadays. I remember going many, many, many years without padding. When they started carrying padded bras in stores, I was in heaven. Thought it'd be great looking bigger until all sizes came in padding. Duh! Who's the dope that thought of that?? Anyway, looking bigger is not heaven. Loving my tiny tits is.

I, too, "whip" off my bra as soon as I come home. Cannot stand the pressure.

--------------------
I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult. It's not. Mine had me trained in two days. ~Bill Dana

Sat Nam...

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Jun 30 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #2206

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(angie_21 @ Jun 30 2009, 05:03 PM) *
I mean, they look damn fine, I don't know if the boys could handle it!

laugh.gif You go, girl!!!

QUOTE(angie_21 @ Jun 30 2009, 05:03 PM) *
-So the "Trust me, they've been disappointed." chic can kiss my tiny tits.

Love it!!!!!! Bwahahahaha!

angie_21, Yup, totally right on about the A-cup bras just being scaled-down C's. I never thought of it that way, but you're right. Explains why supposed "A" cups still don't fricking fit, and why I shop in the teen bra dept--it's all about different PROPORTIONS, you dumbass bra-making people. I can't tell you all how many times I've tried on A-cup bras only to find the cups were more like large B's but they were, like, practically touching in the middle. At least the way I'm built, being small doesn't mean I have 2 B-cups that look like this: (o|o) instead of this: (o) (o)

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Jun 30 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #2207

Hardcore BUSTie

I forgot to comment on BeeKnees story earlier - I'm pretty much completely astounded that anyone would be that blatantly weird (physically grabbing you? jebus) and rude. As if I would go up to someone and pat their belly and say, "wow, I bet that causes you some problems in the sack." WTF? It still upsets me that girls are so mean to eachother about imaginary body problems. I know it can be hard when you don't like your own body, and I know sometimes girls like to express pride when they do feel good about how they look, but to do those things by telling other girls they're ugly? To me, that's unconscionable. There's no excuse for being that much of a bitch.

ailurophile - 2 mirrors? nice. We only have one smile.gif I find acting confident is the fastest route to becoming truly confident, especially because I usually get good feedback to boost my ego! Kiss my tiny tits indeed! I love it!

I like the "padding" they had way back in the day that was just layers of ruffled fabric added to the bra or petticoat. Neat-o. and so much easier on the boobies.

Hey strongirl and AP, I can totally see what both of you are getting at. yes, it's annoying when people say "we" as women did such-and-such in protest when most people never did more than cheer from the sidelines while watching it on the news. I feel the same way about people who complain about politics now but can't even work up the passion to go out and put a ballot in a box. And I really didn't know that about "bra-burning". Funny that bra-burning is now a more famous concept than draft-card burning (which I've actually never heard of until now. don't judge me, I wasn't born for over a decade after all this happened!). I do imagine there were a lot of backyard bra-burnings after the original protest was publicized, though. I thought for sure I might even have seen footage on a documentary at some point in my life. Maybe not.

But anyways, strongirl, you are so right about all of those things, and actually have given me a lot to think about. My boyfriend truly loves that I whip off the bra the minute I get home, and prefer to walk around without it in the privacy of my own backyard, and occasionally on vacation. But I've always been far too shy to go out in public without a bra simply because I do feel that I am being stared at, and that people will judge me for indecency. How sad is that? It just seems like it would be too "slutty," it's not about hating the size or shape of my chest. But then again, maybe that feeling of being stared at all the time is what girls with bigger boobs have to put up with all the time. Either way, I think I will give it a try. I just can't imagine having my nips sticking out while typing away on my keyboard at work. I mean, they look damn fine, I don't know if the boys could handle it!

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Jun 29 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #2208

Hardcore BUSTie

I usually shut up in here once anyone disagrees with my points because I don't care for conflict and I think it's better to just let people air their views. But in this case I have to speak up to defend my own credibility which I feel you unfairly questioned, AuralPoison.

A small group of my women friends and I actually DID burn our bra's by throwing them into a campfire in the Colorado Rockies in the early '80s. (OK, technically not the '70s but close). We all worked on a rape crisis hotline, most of us didn't shave our legs or armpits or wear makeup, we had heated discussions about social politics, we read Jill Johnston and Susan Brownmiller and Rita Mae Brown and Marilyn French, and hey, we really did burn our bra's in an alcohol and politics-fueled celebration of breast freedom. At the time we weren't tracking on the media distortion of "bra burning" as you describe but we were aware of the idea of bra-burning and gave serious thought to the social implications of it. No reporters were there and neither were you, so it seems presumptuous for you to flatly state "No, you didn't." just because you "hate that tired old chestnut". You can slam me for being a walking stereotype, LOL, but to question my personal experience seems unnecessarily hostile in a forum that exists for women to offer each other support. You could have asked "Did you really burn your bra? I didn't think anyone actually did that based on what I've read."

I apologize if I reinforced a misconception that "bra-burning" was a widespread phenomenon when it wasn't. However, "going braless" was a widespread phenomenon then and it was associated with feminism, body acceptance, and sexual freedom. I celebrated that then and I'd love to see the pendulum swing back that way now.

I appreciate the fact that some people physically benefit from bra's like others benefit from orthopedic shoes and I respect that it's an individual decision based on physical and psychological comfort and can vary every time we get dressed, depending on the day and situation. I felt I stated that clearly in my original post on this; I tried to. I wear bra's sometimes; I even have a push-up bra and like others in here mentioned, enjoy wearing it when I want to woof up my stuff in a low-cut dress. I'm not "anti-bra" per se any more than I'm anti-socks, though I usually wear neither.

But when so many of my small-breasted sisters in here voice distress about their dependence on padding in order to look and feel "normal", when they feel anxiety about dates learning the truth about their breast size, when they wish more small-breasted women would go public unaltered so that the bar stops ratcheting up and up (but they're not sure they can be the ones to do it), when it's gotten hard to find a bra in any size that doesn't have hardware and padding and excessive "enhancement"...I think something needed to be said about the cultural pressure around bra's and how it hasn't always been quite this oppressive and doesn't have to be in the future. And to encourage women to make their own decisions about what to wear or not wear based on comfort, personal preference, and self-expression rather than fear of social disapproval or rejection. That's what I was trying to do and I stand by what I said.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 29 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #2209

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(strongirl @ Jun 29 2009, 01:51 PM) *
Ya know, as an old feminist, I gotta tell you young'uns that in the 1970's we burned our bra's for a reason! They're tools of oppression! They restrain our femininity, they distort our natural shape, they present a part of our body as if it exists solely for public consumption, they make women look more alike and less unique, and now with all the padding and underwires and chicken'frickin'cutlet inserts (which weren't even around in the '70s) they disguise the numbers of small-breasted hotties and warp public perception of real boob sizes and shapes. Bah. We've regressed.

A quick history lesson because I hate that tired old chestnut of "We burned our bras!". No, no you didn't. What actually happened is that two different protests from the late sixties somehow how got blended into the American mind as being one.

The infamous so-called "bra burning" incident took place in 1968 at the Miss America pageant in Atlantic City. A small group of feminists picketed & tossed various forms of female accoutrement like girdles, bras, make-up, & high heels into a "freedom" trashbin. There was absolutely no fire at all. Not a lick. They also crowned a sheep. The story was propagated by a young reporter from the NYP named Lindsy van Gelder & was perverted by a headline writer. It's been debunked time & time again.

And I quote Susan Brownmiller, "That's a myth. It was the time of draft-card burning, & some smart headline writer decided to call it a "bra-burning" because it sounded insulting to the then-new woman's movement. We only threw a bra into a trashcan."

Also, in an issue or few back of Bust they did a history piece on the falsie; they may not have had "chicken cutlets" as we have them today, but falsies have been around for a very long time. The article even cited a patent filed in 1858 for a conical wire false bosom & I'm sure they were around before that in some form or another.

In many respects brassieres & such are a tool of the patriarchy, but some of us do actually need them just like some people need orthopedic shoes.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
ailurophile
post Jun 29 2009, 04:08 PM
Post #2210

BUSTie

TheBeesKnees: What a loser! I feel for you. Girls acted like that when I was in middle school.

Karategrrl: Ha! I used to order over the phone all the time. I’m so relieved to have the internet now.

Angie: Call me crazy but yes, I have two mirrors. I like to watch us. He’s funny. He’ll ask me if I can see okay. Hehe! Maybe that’s for another thread though. But anyway, even when I’m feeling …um…inadequate, I do try to act confident (ie: keeping myself out in the open, being on top, etc.) He hasn’t dumped me yet so I’m doing something right. - - -So the "Trust me, they've been disappointed." chic can kiss my tiny tits.

Strongirl: I often wonder if the style will ever go back to thin fabric bras. Bell bottoms, halter tops and other clothing styles from that era came back. So I always wonder if bras will ever evolve back to the natural look.

--------------------
I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult. It's not. Mine had me trained in two days. ~Bill Dana

Sat Nam...

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Jun 29 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #2211

Hardcore BUSTie

Ya know, as an old feminist, I gotta tell you young'uns that in the 1970's we burned our bra's for a reason! They're tools of oppression! They restrain our femininity, they distort our natural shape, they present a part of our body as if it exists solely for public consumption, they make women look more alike and less unique, and now with all the padding and underwires and chicken'frickin'cutlet inserts (which weren't even around in the '70s) they disguise the numbers of small-breasted hotties and warp public perception of real boob sizes and shapes. Bah. We've regressed.

Which again, is not to diss people for wearing bra's, padded or un-padded - everyone has to decide what's comfortable for them, physically and psychologically. But still. The cultural phenomenon is what bugs me. The fact that a normal, natural body part has to be disguised and contorted in order to even be considered socially acceptable.

Farrah Fawcett died last week, so that got me thinking about her legacy. I still love that hot poster of hers - perky B cup tits with big nips poking out. Smokin'! There was a quote of hers that made me laugh. I can't find it right now so this is not exact but it was something like "When Charlie's Angels went to Number 3 in the ratings, I thought it was because of our acting. But when it went to Number 1, I realized it was because none of us wears a bra." I loved that. Hotness, humility, and a sense of humor. RIP, Farrah.

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Jun 29 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #2212

Hardcore BUSTie

karategrrl, it's so true! the other thing that drive me nuts is that when they do make A cup bras, a lot of them are the exact same design as a C, but with scaled-down cups. Umm, no actually that just doesn't fit the same way on my body, thanks. The straps don't fit the same way, the cups are never in the right spot, the underwire is too rounded and doesn't really conform to my ribcage at all. I hate that BS about how 90% of girls are walking around in bras that don't fit. No kidding, idiots, it's because they're cheaply made to a single template that doesn't account for any variation, and they actually don't make bras that fit us. I don't care how many times I measure myself, if the bra doesn't exist, I can't buy it! grrr.

ailurophile, that story about how you feel looking the mirror made me sad! don't feel that way! Being sexy is not all about being voluptuous, not at all! I know that one thing guys have always thought was sexy, in my experience, is being 100% confident in bed, not hiding my body by turning off the lights or keeping clothes or the sheets over my body. They just want to be able to see the girl they love having an awesome time and being all turned on, that's sexy.

But hey, nicely done for having a mirror there in the first place. wink.gif

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Jun 29 2009, 08:23 AM
Post #2213

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(TheBeesKnees @ Jun 29 2009, 12:39 AM) *
One of my big gripes is though, why does Victoria's Secret make so many cute bras, and NOT offer them in a-cups? You dicks!

I agree! Years ago (before Internet shopping...yes, I am dating myself....) I was putting in a VS order over the phone. The sales girl was trying to get me interested in adding bras to my order. "What about the Madeline bra," she'd say. "That's not in my size," I'd say. "What about the XYZ bra," she'd say. "Not in my size," I'd say. This went on about four times and she would NOT get the fricking hint. Finally, I was like, "Look, I wear an A cup, and you have practically nothing in my size, and what is in my size just doesn't fit, okay?" Amazing how people larger than a B jut have no fricking clue.) No offense...just venting.

ailuophile, that girl at work is in serous denial. Email her a link to this forum. wink.gif And I hear ya about the bra requirements. I'm the same way.

+Quote Post
TheBeesKnees
post Jun 28 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #2214

BUSTie

Small boobs are hot! I've never really had any complaints on mine [that I've listened to], but about two weeks ago, my sister's female friend grabbed one of mine and saw "Awww, really?" in disappointment. When I laughed it off and said no one's ever complained before, she said "Trust me, they've been disappointed." Nice girl!

One of my big gripes is though, why does Victoria's Secret make so many cute bras, and NOT offer them in a-cups? You dicks! Yes, I know, they're the final word on what's sexy: 19 year olds with big boobs. How hard is it to make that sexy? Come on...I could do that, and I have no background in marketing.

But I do love my Betsey Johnson bra...it actually makes me look sorta busty...no pun intended.

+Quote Post
ailurophile
post Jun 28 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #2215

BUSTie

I have mixed feeling about padded bras. Yes, I wear one. But I don't really want to anymore ...more or less for the reasons Strongirl suggests. I wear the Very Sexy style by Victoria's Secret. I wear tight shirts especially in the summer and it bothers me to look in the mirror because I know it's not me. But I'm always the smallest girl wherever I go. And that bothers me. If all the other smallies went padless, I'd feel more confident going padless or even braless. And I can tell who wears padding and how much. I'm like an expert. How sad, I know. I have tried to look for bras without padding. I have two but they are so uncomfortable as I've said. I'm very picky about bras. They have to have an underwire but no or little padding. Very difficult to find one without any lace ...and racerback is a must! You think I'm high maintenance? I find bras very uncomfortable as it is. I think I was supposed to be a boy. Anyway, the few places I do go without a bra, I like when my nipples show. I know a lot of you like the light padding to cover your nipples. When I can have a moment alone, I will pinch them so they show. Is that weird? I just got a triangle bra swim suit from Vickie's and I took out the padding. I'm so small that if my nipples don't show, I feel even less feminine.

That article was weird to read. I agree that it was strange to see what is written here somewhere else without permission. A lot of good feedback though. You gotta love Tarvold. I am trying to be comfortable in my own skin. Sometimes I feel sexy. And then I don't. Sometimes I am so horny with bf, I feel volumptuous and then look in the mirror and reality hits. It makes me feel so bad. But look at these models how hot they look. This Sessilee girl. How hot is she?!?! I know it's a confidence thing and I am working on it. But I keep being reminded of how small I am.

Complaints: This girl at work who is on the small side wears a lot of padding. You can see where her chest ends and the bra begins. It’s big bump. She denies wearing any padding at all. Says it’s all her. Burns me up. I feel obsessed with this. Like I want everyone to know the truth. Especially when someone says how nice her boobs are. Funny thing is she and I have worked there a long time and she used to not wear padding. Did no one notice her boobs suddenly grew? But she also talks about how small her sister is. Her sister who is significantly bigger than I …and does not wear padding. Anyway, she talks about her sister’s small boobs and then says, “Poor thing”. Here I am trying to tell myself that small tits are hot and I have to hear what a poor thing her sister is, when she has bigger breasts than I do? .............I'm just babbling now because I’m annoyed.

--------------------

Sat Nam...

+Quote Post
Allison-Shine
post Jun 27 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #2216

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(KeraBear @ May 31 2009, 04:38 PM) *
Sadly, I have seen some 11 year olds who have out boobed me. MEH. huh.gif

Hey it just happened to me too and I'm 23 unsure.gif My friends 11-year old daughter went all of a sudden from AA-A to a 34B. ?? She's still only an inch taller than me but that will change for sure. What a difference a month makes. MEH!

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Jun 27 2009, 11:47 AM
Post #2217

Hardcore BUSTie

According to my ethics training, anything said in a public locale or situation is fair game for anyone to quote. We never discussed what kind of stuff on the internet counts as "public," and academically I think it would be borderline for someone to quote this forum without at least warning us. For a blog, I don't think it metters thoug, I mean, anyone can come in here and read this stuff without signing up, so it's pretty public. The news stations post people's facebook profiles all the time, which kind of weirds me out. All kinds of stuff that's in poor taste is also apparently fair game - I remember last year when a girl in Alberta was murdered who had been somehow involved in the porn industry, the Sun splashed promotional photos of her working in a bikini car wash all over their front page. Sure those photos were already semi-public, but to then post them all over the province after she died? No respect whatsoever.

It does seem like bigger boobs have been in style for the last few years, I think it was a backlash against the rail thin, crack addict look that was popular in the 90s. Something in between would be nice. Or, if I'm lucky, maybe back flab and knee fat will be the next new look this summer?

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Jun 27 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #2218

Hardcore BUSTie

girl logic, I agree about the icky feel of loose fabric against my nips and areolas. It's waay too sensitive for me, and another reason why I usually wear a bra. And busty girls with padding does piss me off royally, though I relaize that's just the way they make many bras nowadays. Look in the Victoria's Secret catalogue and they have these at least C-cup women modeling the push-up bras, which pushes the boobs practically up under the chin. Looks retarded.

And I agree about that other blog. Since half of it is really quotes from this group, it IS a tad strange. You'd think we would have been asked or at least given a heads-up. But yes, then again, this is the Internet.

Oh, I almost forgot--with the coming of summer here, it's brought magazine covers of women wearing low-cut tops/dresses. There's one of Holly Hunter on the cover of More, and I saw Michele Pfeiffer on the cover of another mag. Yet another was a small-B woman in a bikini on a fitness mag. There was no cleavage, no boob-edges, no airbrushed enhancement in sight and, you know, I was like, "Dang, that's a great look." biggrin.gif Trying not to get my hopes up too much, but it's awesome to see some representation.

+Quote Post
starship
post Jun 27 2009, 08:21 AM
Post #2219

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah the blog thing was kinda weird. I know it's a public forum & everything but it seems odd to me that people come and read all we write without contributing and then go discuss it elsewhere.

loved the agyness pics:)

i wear padded bras quite often but don't necessarily see it as some great travesty. The shops are full of all sorts of shape-altering underwear nowadays- everyone's at it. And even some women with big boobs wear padded/push-up bras to get the shape/look they want so i dont necessarily see it as purely small-breast territory. Plus personally i find it so hard to find properly fitting unpadded bras that it's just an easier option most of the time

Please feel free to slap my mum karategrrl (never thought id say that). I already feel inferior around my perfectly proportioned family members. i dont understand why she's so insensitive about it when she was small (36a) when she was younger too. Maybe because she's got fat now (i can be blunt too) and has been welcomed into the booby world. anyway, i didnt mention anything at the time because i didnt want everyone to see i was bothered by or self-conscious about my size but if she does it again i definately will do.

Ive been working of some upper body exercises that some of you guys mentioned before and i think its actually starting to make a difference:). not to the size but to the sahpe and definition which is all good by me

+Quote Post
girl_logic
post Jun 26 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #2220

Hardcore BUSTie

I do wear lined bras sometimes and sometimes go braless just depending on what I'm wearing and the type of shape I want that day. I actually see it as a benefit of being small chested, I have a choice about how I want my shape to look.

Also, I can't stand the way loose fabric feels against my areola and nipples and mine are both very prominent and sensitive.

That's wild about the blog. Kind of makes me re-evaluate my anonymity around here though, I sometimes forget that this is the Internets.

--------------------
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. - zora neale hurston

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 109 110 111 112 113 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 27, 2014 - 08:31 AM