Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

19 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The New Lounge -- Problems, Suggestions & Stuff
vixen_within
post Aug 14 2008, 12:55 AM
Post #81

Hardcore BUSTie

hah, I came all the way to this thread because I was about to say that I really like the changing backgrounds. I guess I'm a little out of date.

--------------------
you cannot erase the reality of me
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Aug 11 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #82

Hardcore BUSTie

The background is no longer changing. I kind of liked the different backgrounds because now it's just black with horizontal stripes. wtf?

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Aug 5 2008, 01:31 PM
Post #83

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I'm having the log-in problem, too, but only at work. At home, I'm on a Mac, using Firefox 2.0. At work, I'm on a PC, using Internet Explorer 7.0.

Every other website that I log into at work, whether it's just when I open the browser in the morning or if I open a new tab, it automatically logs me in. With Bust, I always have to log in. Now, once I start typing, it fills in my name and password, but it won't just keep me logged in like it does with other websites or at home. Even if I'm already logged into Bust, and open another tab and pull it up there, it still doesn't remember me.

That makes me think it's the site, combined with my browser and not just my browser settings. The weird thing is that it must *sort of* remember me because if I log in by clicking on "Log In" rather than just using the username/password fields on the main Lounge page, it switches to work-safe made when it goes to the next page where I enter my username & password.

It doesn't bother me that much, but I just wanted to let someone know about the bugs.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Aug 4 2008, 08:46 AM
Post #84

new highs in personal lows daily!

hey sidecar, pepper was saying the same thing here about having to log on a lot, do you have the lounge open in more than one tab or window? i was having the same problem, and i think that might be the thing...

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Aug 4 2008, 07:07 AM
Post #85

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I was unable to access the lounge between Friday and Sunday (late pm, UK time) and thought the lounge was down until I tried again last night and saw that other people had been able to log on and post. The page would not load and I'm using a Mac and Firefox 3.0.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
sidecar
post Aug 3 2008, 11:29 PM
Post #86

Queen of the underground

I also have to log in every time I visit the site. I've saved my username and password in my browser and asked the site to remember me, but it doesn't. I'm using Firefox 3.

+Quote Post
tesao
post Aug 3 2008, 08:51 AM
Post #87

olha, que coisa mais linda.....

cool! treehugger, i never knew that! muito thank you!

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Aug 3 2008, 07:35 AM
Post #88

cryostat bitch

Actually, I am WAY late in responding to this...I just read the questions from the newbies who are having trouble with the "backwards" order our pages go...

I found this out when I was having serious internet connectivity issues. It'd work for reading a large thread start to finish, if you aren't intending to post....check out at the bottom of the page and click "lo-fi Version". You can't post under that format, but you'll be able to read all the posts from start to finish.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 30 2008, 09:55 AM
Post #89

yay for sock munky! *does a faerie toast flip*

yeah it seems none of the info on the profile page works. none of the threads they've started, none of their posts, etc, etc...

ach! ist der poopenstein!

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jul 30 2008, 09:36 AM
Post #90

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I think I was having the same problem trying to upload a profile photo (per GT's request the sock monkey will be back!)...I tried all the tricks (running it through Photoshop ImageReady- for some reason that always worked)

Also, do we have to use a URL for the picture or can it be a file on the computer?

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jul 30 2008, 09:06 AM
Post #91

(o)(o)

I'm trying to upload a new avi but I keep on getting an error message saying it wasn't able to upload...

or if I try to load directly from the web, it says the file name is invalid.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
kissmeducky
post Jul 28 2008, 01:29 AM
Post #92

BUSTie

I'm wondering why we can't search for things that are less than 4 characters. For example, if I try searching for "Sex and the City" I get the error message that one or more of my keywords was less than 4 characters. What am I supposed to do? Search for City and hope it leads me to a discussion about the show?

--------------------
www.audreymonroe.blogspot.com

www.kissmeducky.etsy.com

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jun 29 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #93

Hardcore BUSTie

Posted for my own reference:

IPS Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jun 29 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #94

Hardcore BUSTie

Hmmm, clarification: For the rest of the summer, I'm going to stick to this account unless there is something I think would be toootally inappropriate to post on the official account (or I get excited about single word association and forget to switch back to LL). LL needs as much visibility as she can get. Plus, I want to stay on top of PMs and such.

I'll move over to my personal account once I've been relieved of official LL duties. That account's profile has more info and stuffs on me too, since I don't want to change too many settings on the official account.

Just didn't want people to get confused with my being in two places at once. blink.gif

~ LL Lysa

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jun 29 2008, 06:06 PM
Post #95

Hardcore BUSTie

I think I'm healing, even if part of me doesn't want to. Does that make sense?

I didn't want to post about my issues on the board, mostly since I feel uncomfortable doing that on the admin account. But I just made myself a separate account because there is one thread I do want to post in. It might explain a little bit...

~ LL Lysa

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jun 29 2008, 05:20 PM
Post #96

(o)(o)

LL mostly by your doing!! YAY!!!

a little OT, but how are you doing? You were kind of in a funk earlier this week...

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jun 29 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #97

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey, everybody... this isn't related to problems or suggestions, but it is "stuff."

The LL account has finally broken the 3-digit mark in posts! ohmy.gif (Only took us several years?) Yay!

~ LL Lysa

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jun 28 2008, 04:13 PM
Post #98

i'm afraid LLL is right kpasa. it seems freaky at first, but after a while all the other fora seem backwords. but it's like that for a reason. we rarely start threads in the lounge, rather we have overarching topics, and we post in those, since the lounge is largely self modded. so where other threads on other forums may go on for say 5 pages, or 11 pages, we have ones that go on for say, 290 or 1072... usually you don't need to go back more than 1 or two pages, since there are lots of digressions.

do give it a sec, start with the newbies thread, and then just kind of lurk. you'll get a sense of who people are and how things work in the lounge, which is a good thing. people who just jump in often get in trouble, so take your time, k?

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jun 28 2008, 03:40 PM
Post #99

Hardcore BUSTie

Don't worry! You get used to it. happy.gif Just takes a little while.

~ LL Lysa

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
Kpasa
post Jun 28 2008, 12:39 PM
Post #100

BUSTie

sad.gif

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 18, 2014 - 07:11 AM