The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

20 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dreams - why did I dream of so and so...naked?
go_kayte
post Dec 18 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #301

Hardcore BUSTie

There are always animals in my dreams every night, different kinds but often bunnies. The only animal I have (besides my boyfriend, HA!) is my hedgehog. I don't know where all these sleep bunnies are coming from, but I like it. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Dec 18 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #302

Heheee...that's a silly/cute dream!

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Dec 11 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #303

It's Calamity Jenn

I must have been really tired today. I took a nap around noon and sank right in to one of those bizarre REM dreams. I had discovered a new room in my house. I peeked in the doorway and was confronted by a strange sight. This really heavy old guy in a black suit was dancing around flamboyantly to some techno song. I walked into the room and just watched him for a moment. I noticed some switches on the wall and started fiddling with them. The heavy guy turned into a heavy younger woman with short black hair, wearing a black suit. She was also dancing around. I looked around the room and noticed a skinny cat slinking about. I was delighted to find I had another kitty!
I had a really sweet one a couple nights ago: I had just woken up (in the dream) and saw my cat laying at the end of the bed (she does this in real life). I put my face against hers and she turned into a baby! It was so adorable, I always call her my baby girl IRL and this dream reflected that.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Dec 6 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #304

Awww!

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Nov 30 2006, 01:14 PM
Post #305

It's Calamity Jenn

It's been a while since I had a cute dream, but last night I finally had one.
I was walking into a car dealership, and when I got to the doorway I saw a bird just inside. It had an injured wing and was flapping and running around. I tried to pick it up but it ran from me. Somehow it managed to get airborne, but not very high and not for very long. It fell and I caught it. I was expecting it to struggle, but it just sat there in my hands. I walked out of the dealership and ended up in my bedroom. I looked down at my hands and found that the bird had turned into a somewhat large butterfly. It was about as wide as my palm, and as long. I did a double take when I saw this butterfly: it didn't have the insect head and body I was expecting. Instead it was a miniscule black kitten. It was so adorable! A tiny black kitten with big butterfly wings! It was rolling around on it's back and flexing it's little paws and looking at me in that searching way that kittens do. How cute is that!

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Nov 28 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #306

It's Calamity Jenn

Hm... maybe you're worried about your potential for doing something (not necessarily sexual) you'd end up regretting? Just an idea I'm throwing out there.
I had a strange dream this morning. I was sitting at my kitchen table and there was this little 7 or 8 year old girl running around in my living room. She ran by the doorway and I realized it was me when I was 7 or 8. I wasn't shocked by this. I called her/me over and took a good look. Yep, it was definitely me. I felt her/my hair and thought "My hair was certainly thicker back then..."

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 27 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #307

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Hmm, interesting, jsmith- I think that what bothers me is that there's a part of me that is aroused by what happens in the dreams (since I wake up that way, but the feeling doesn't last), and I'm the teensiest-eensiest bit afraid that I may act on it IRL. It's an irrational fear, since I don't really think I would, but there's that "what if?" part, too. There isn't anything that happens in each dream, other than what is involved. I feel like there's something I need to purge from my subconscious to get this to stop; like you said sometimes we have these dreams that shock us for a reason. I don't know if I need to take the mystery out of this or what. I don't really want to investigate it, though.

Has anyone ever dreamt in black and white? It's so strange. I had a b&w dream a few years ago where I was with this teenager-version of a friend at work (I only knew her as an adult) and it was something like we had to go tell her parents that she was pregnant. Nothing was in color, it was like a film and it was so eerie.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Nov 27 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #308

It's Calamity Jenn

I've had icky dreams too, pollystyrene.
Think about them. Is there anything that happens in every one of them? In mine, I'm not actually doing the act, I'm remembering it. And I'm thinking to myself "What the hell was I thinking? That was really stupid and disgusting! I can't believe I did that!" Then I realize that that is something I would never do given a choice, and that when I did it (in the dream) I recognize that I was literally outside my own control. Dreams that shock us, in my opinion, are indicators of what bothers us. I'm often bothered by what I've said/done to people in the past. While I realize that I did have control when I said/did these things, the fact is I can't change anything: the deed is done, and all I can do is make sure it never happens again.
This tends to manifest not only in sexual dreams, but in violent ones. I once dreamt that I'd kidnapped somebody and demanded ransom. I came to myself in the middle of the situation and thought "Wait.... how did this happen? Did I really do this?" I realize that I did indeed do it, and I'm overcome with remorse. But I can't change it, I have to face up to it.
I read some article somewhere saying that when we dream about nasty sexual things that we wouldn't even want to do in real life, we're actually struggling with some aspect of ourselves that we don't like.
Okay, I had a strange dream last night. I mentioned eons ago that I have many, many dreams about tornados. Last night I dreamt I was at the hospital where my grandmother works, and there was a violent storm outside. I was standing in the hall chatting with some girl and watching the clouds. Suddenly everything calmed down, and the girl and I stepped outside to look. I looked to the east and saw the moon, but due to some bizarre optical illusion having to do with the eaves, I saw two moons. The girl and I started walking along the sidewalk which followed the turns of the building. I looked to my right and saw a tornado forming. I yelled "Hey, look!" to the girl, and she kind of panicked. I looked straight ahead and saw another one forming. The sidewalk had led us to a door, and the girl bolted inside as I noticed yet another tornado forming very close by. The wind was pulling me away from the building, so I had to fight to get to the door. The door was glass, and I saw that the girl had slammed it shut and locked it, so I was kind of stuck outside. However another door appeared beside the other one, and I went toward it (as best as I could). I glanced over at the girl through the glass door, and something wierd happened with the air pressure. The glass blew out of the door, and the girl was almost sucked through the frame. She was just slightly too big, though. So, she was kind of stuck there, and little pieces of glass left in the frame were cutting into her so the scene was kind of bloody. The dream went on from there, but I don't remember exactly what happened.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 26 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #309

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I dream of high school and elementary school pretty regularly, jsmith. What's interesting is that most people say they have those anxiety dreams where they're back in college and have a final for a class they never went to, but I get those about high school and I never dream of college. My theory is that because I never finished college, I don't have that pressure and so my anxiety dreams are about high school.

I cross-posted this in the General Sex thread, but I thought I'd ask here, too. Every once in awhile, I have sexual dreams about something I have no interest in doing IRL, and in fact, I consider it to be pretty immoral (there's not much sexual stuff I consider to be flat-out immoral for anyone, so you know it's bad.) I wake up feeling turned on, though, and then gross and icky. Any suggestions on how to not have dreams about it anymore? I used to think I only dreamt about it when it had been awhile since I got any, so my brain was getting desperate, but last night I dreamt about it after just getting some. WTF? I also occasionally have dreams about the woman who used to be my best friend and was Le Boy's girlfriend, and I'd really like to stop having those cause I always feel pissed off for the rest of the day.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
speedy
post Nov 22 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #310

Hardcore BUSTie

This dream has had me skeeved out all day.

You know that stupid supposed Britney Spears sex tape?

I dreamed last night that it was on my phone. She had him on his back and she was impaling him with this grotesque gigantic white strap-on. It was very blobby, and she was trying to get the testicles into him. Gah.
Two especially awful things: the image resolution was phenomenal (I think dreams have built-in algorithms).

And I was so sure it was real that this morning I immediately went online expecting to find the video on YouTube or something.

I will say this for Kevin: he wasn't doing too much complaining.

Sorry for this moment of squick. Please return to your regularly scheduled dreams.

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Nov 18 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #311

Fascinating, jsmith!

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Nov 17 2006, 11:32 PM
Post #312

It's Calamity Jenn

I've had a lot of dreams about elementary, jr high, and high school. I don't remember too much about them, only that when I dream about high school, I'm always going to or coming from English, and I'm always mounting or descending a very tall, steep staircase. When I'm ascending and reach the top, I have to squeeze through a small trap-door-like thingy. When I'm descending, I have to squeeze through the trap-door and I'm always hauling ass to my next class (usually math) and having to fight the crowd.
When I'm dreaming about jr high, it's always the end of the day and I'm thinking "When the hell did I come back to jr high??". There's always masses of students. I mean they are EVERYWHERE. A lot of them are sitting on the curb chatting and waiting for their parents to pick them up. There are many more (I'm talking hoardes) walking down the street going home. I'm always walking really fast to get to my car/get home.
When I dream about elementary school, it's almost always with a feeling of nostalgia. But the thing is I'm not a student there, I'm just walking around and looking at what has stayed the same and what has changed. Usually when I'm discovered by a teacher they insist that I leave. Sometimes they are very nice and just start chatting. The other night I dreamt that my 21 year old brother was taking classes at our old elementary school (BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!) and I had to go and pick him up.
I remember another elementary dream in particular. I was at the school and looking around really closely. I discovered a BIG store in one of the buildings that was apparently for teachers to buy supplies. BUT, this store had some really COOL stuff in it. I don't remember what, but I remember thinking "DANG, this is neat!!"
Speaking of dreams involving academic stuff, last night I dreamt about one of my professors........... mmmmmm...

--------------------

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Nov 14 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #313

It's Calamity Jenn

Har, I'm surprised the troll hasn't barged in and said something stupid yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mr_falljackets
post Nov 14 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #314

Hardcore BUSTie

Laugh all you want. I saved the world from Christianity. That's worth free macaroni for life.

--------------------
Nine!

+Quote Post
falljackets
post Nov 14 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #315

crush groovin'

bwahahah! nice one, mouse! tongue.gif

--------------------
to love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides - Viscott

+Quote Post
mouse
post Nov 14 2006, 11:57 AM
Post #316

Most Likely Procrastinating

aww, someone's caught the christmas spirit! tongue.gif

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
mr_falljackets
post Nov 14 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #317

Hardcore BUSTie

I dreamed I was walking up to a wire fence surrounding an expansive remote hilltop pasture. Suddenly there was a throng of frenzied people all along the fenceline shaking their fists and yelling at a figure on a cross at the top of the hill. I jumped the fence and trotted up to the foot of the cross where Jesus was freshly crucified and the mob mad and shouting on all sides. I scrambled up the cross and pulled the spikes out of Jesus's wrists and feet, pulled him down off the cross, threw his limp body over my shoulder and turned for the fence where I supposed he would be safe. The mob then started shooting little quasar-like laser discs at me as I ran that seared me wherever they hit but I kept running and when I got to the fence I heaved Jesus over to the other side at which point the crowd vanished and I was standing all alone again, no cross, no Jesus, no mad crowd.

--------------------
Nine!

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Nov 14 2006, 11:26 AM
Post #318

bump

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Nov 6 2006, 08:01 AM
Post #319

I had a strange one this morning.

I think this one is recurrant. I was at the university and there was this huge ocean surrounding it. The waves were crashing against rocks (ok, strange, since the university I go to is in the middle of a city with no body of water in sight). My husband and I were given this kitchen towel that was hanging on this plastic rod that was green (like the towel) and said "Green Bay Packers" on it. I tried to throw it away, but when I got back to the university I spoke to the president and he said, "How could you even THINK about throwing that away! It's the Green Bay Packers!" Then I didn't throw it away. Every class I went to, the professors were praising this new president because he came from (forgot the state) and his home team was the Green Bay Packers. Because of this, we were supposed to worship them. I was in a tower (kind of like the one in the big hotel at the conference I went to last week) and the waves were crashing underneath us. I was telling my husband about what happened, and as I did, I jumped down into the water, but it was just like jumping onto the floor. dry.gif

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Nov 3 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #320

It's Calamity Jenn

Last night I dreamt that I was sitting in a big office building. It was a building where telemarketers worked, and I used to work there (in the dream). I walked into this guy's office and he handed me this form asking me if I wanted to renew my work contract or just let it go and end my employment with the company. Completely forgetting that I had only worked at the place for about a week (and didn't do a good job at that) a year ago, I was like, "Oh, I'll renew my work contract. This is a great place to work." Then I remembered that I hadn't done a damn thing there for such a long time, and decided to just let it go. The guy who handed me the form had been my boss, and he didn't seem to realize that I hadn't been on the job for quite a long time.
That dream was wierd to me because it isn't the only dream I've had where I'd been employed at some place and only did a half-ass job for a very short time, but eons later was still considered a valuable employee. I think I've had 2 or 3 others. I wonder if it means I'm leaving a lot of things undone, but what these things might be I don't really know.

--------------------

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 25, 2014 - 09:28 AM