The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

294 Pages V  « < 96 97 98 99 100 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
kittenb
post Mar 19 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #1941

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I don't think the idea of any version of a "Names We Hate" thread is a good idea. Someone is going to get her/his feelings hurt. Even if that person isn't a current Bustie, what if some random visitor was checking out the community and then saw her name on our list? And, as Apple Paltrow will be reminding herself thru her teen years, it isn't the child's fault what the parents name them.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Mar 19 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #1942

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

QUOTE(stargazer @ Mar 19 2009, 07:12 PM) *
bunnyb, you know, that is a line from the breakfast club. wink.gif

oh, i so want to start a list of names we don't like!

Oh I know, I was watching it last night and had forgotten that quote! I huffed a little.

We should start a thread: "If we were going to reproduce this is what we would and would NOT call our spawn" (not intended to alienate those BUSTies with little darlings).

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Mar 19 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #1943

beachcomber

[quote name='stargazer' date='Mar 19 2009, 02:06 PM' post='236528']
i wil say that i don't understand all the hype and competition to come up with an original name for a baby or having a name no one else will have. i will say that i was fond of the idea of having a naming ceremony for a baby. one of my friends whom i admire (her family is vegetarian, they don't have a microwave in their home, they are phenomenonally open with each other, hippie ideals, gave birth at home) waited a week to get a sense of her daughters spirit to name them. so, instead of having a name imposed, the name is created with the child's own self. i know this idea is SO out there, but i totally love it 'cause i'm weird like that.

we did that w/ frecklette; she was 2-3 days old before we settled on a name for her, bc I wanted to get a good sense of who she is outside the womb.
and then yes, we choose a somewhat traditonal (strong female) name for her.. there were at least 3 or 4 other of the same name on the delivery floor when she ws born, but I am quite certain we were the only ones who cut the name in 1/2 & used the back part of it. (Ryne(Ren). we called her Baby Ryne /Ryne/Rynnie til she was old enough to start deciding for herself what to go by around age 8 or so. now at near 15 she tends to go by the more formal version of her name, which suits us fine. it's Her Name. it's exactly as I had hoped, that as she matures and gets a sense of herself, she adapts or adjusts her name to which version she most identifies with.
so see Star? you are not the slightest bit weird at all. I'm only sorry I didn't think to have a Naming Ceremony too - I love that idea!

confession: I really want that vehical now.

noelly: I think of santana which is a tremendously high compliment.

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Mar 19 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #1944

the moistiest

I have also come to accept that no name is going to please everyone; it's all a matter of taste or "well I knew a girl called that who I didn't like ... or that's the name of my ex ... or why would you call your child after an actor/celeb/surname of the reclusive author of your favourite book/vegetable?"

corollary confession: i HATED the first name of my ex. it was very awkward to... um, yell.

confession 1: i had one of those days today where i felt like giving up on life all together and calling it a day. like, what's the point?

star, YOU are NOT allowed to do that today, because that was my plan. And we can't be twinsies, now can we? wink.gif

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Mar 19 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #1945

brown delicious

QUOTE(kittenb @ Mar 19 2009, 01:19 PM) *
I remember in I Know This Much Is True, the little girl ends up being named Tyfanni. Everytime I saw that name I tasted hairspray.

omg. so funny. i definitely needed that laugh today. laugh.gif

bunnyb, you know, that is a line from the breakfast club. wink.gif

oh, i so want to start a list of names we don't like!

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Mar 19 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #1946

As I said in the movies thread pt 1: my name (which I like) is the "name of a fat girl"!

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Mar 19 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #1947

new highs in personal lows daily!

i acutally like the idea of waiting days after the baby arrives to name it. that makes total sense to me, but then i don't want any children, so it's a moot point.

yeah tiffany is not a good name. it's right up there with lexus, or any other car names. i say that with a friend whose name is tiffany. she hates it, and people regularly tell her it's a horrible name. she agrees and tells stories about all the tiffanys she's met that she can't stand. then that's the end of the subject. it's kind of funny.

i so want people to post other horrible names, but i'm sure lots of our names would be on it, infact i would bet my first name is probably one of them...(which is why i don't go by that name)...

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Mar 19 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #1948

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Mar 19 2009, 06:09 AM) *
We ran out of toilet paper and have no money until tomorrow, so I had to pilfer a roll from work. I'll replace it on Monday, but it's pretty pathetic.

No judgement here. I did that a lot last semester.

I remember in I Know This Much Is True, the little girl ends up being named Tyfanni. Everytime I saw that name I tasted hairspray.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Mar 19 2009, 01:11 PM
Post #1949

Cats are so therapeutic (((star))).

I am direct and honest, to a fault wink.gif. I didn't want to inadvertently offend anyone. Hmmm, actually by not posting and building up suspense did I come across as seeking attention?

I think it's nigh on impossible to find a name that's original nowadays and I don't hold with attempting to put your stamp on your child's name by spelling it differently as that's just going to make their life difficult. I have also come to accept that no name is going to please everyone; it's all a matter of taste or "well I knew a girl called that who I didn't like ... or that's the name of my ex ... or why would you call your child after an actor/celeb/surname of the reclusive author of your favourite book/vegetable?"

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Mar 19 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #1950

brown delicious

bunny, it did surprise that you didn't just say what the name was earlier. you all about being direct and honest. wink.gif i wil say that i don't understand all the hype and competition to come up with an original name for a baby or having a name no one else will have. i will say that i was fond of the idea of having a naming ceremony for a baby. one of my friends whom i admire (her family is vegetarian, they don't have a microwave in their home, they are phenomenonally open with each other, hippie ideals, gave birth at home) waited a week to get a sense of her daughters spirit to name them. so, instead of having a name imposed, the name is created with the child's own self. i know this idea is SO out there, but i totally love it 'cause i'm weird like that.

confession 1: i had one of those days today where i felt like giving up on life all together and calling it a day. like, what's the point?

confession 2: the kitty has helped me snap out of my depression today. i played with him for awhile and i feel a little better.

confession 3: my stepdad likes watching the "hot topic" segment of the view.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Mar 19 2009, 12:59 PM
Post #1951

Pacifism kicks ass!

Yes, it could be worse, but now that I know it (and the last name that goes with it) I can see why it made your nose wrinkle!

One of my cousins named his daughter Tiffani. With an "i". The poor thing is 15 now & tends to dress all in black. I love her to bits, but her name does not suit her at all.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Mar 19 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #1952

done and done!

I've built it up now when really I think it's just plain and outdated.

eta: okay, people are chomping at the bit with guesses so I'm just putting it out there, it's the same name as the Lohan has. Not as ugly as some of the guesses have been (ugh), which were definitely crimes of the eighties (and not helped by re-runs of Bewitched and that famous jewellery store where Holly Golightly has breakfast) but not one I like. I have to say that it's not a name that is pronounced well in the city I'm from so my dislike may stem slightly from that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Mar 19 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #1953

new highs in personal lows daily!

put me on your mailing list bunny... what's the name?

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Mar 19 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #1954

Pacifism kicks ass!

I'm curious about the name, too!

I'm scared that when/if I ever have a baby, I will give it a name that isn't trendy at the time, but will become trendy a few years later. This has happened with every baby name I've picked out so far for my potential future children. Just think of those people who named their kids Jackson on Ava a decade ago. those names are EVERYWHERE now.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Mar 19 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #1955

Sure thing, polly!

I don't like the feel of cheap toilet paper against my ass - what did my ass ever do to deserve that?

I am a rich girl trapped in a poor girl's body; I have such expensive tastes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Mar 19 2009, 09:38 AM
Post #1956

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

What happened was that we buy those huge packs of like 30 rolls (and it's like $18 for that, unless it's on sale, because we buy the better quality brand.) It's too big to store in the bathroom, so we keep them in the bedroom closet. He took the last roll a couple days ago and didn't tell me, and since it's out of sight, out of mind.... We're floating a check right now until he get paid tomorrow (by direct deposit, thank cod, so it will be available immediately) and hoping it doesn't cash before then. I'm too stubborn to go buy cheap stuff, so I swiped one from work, where they also buy good stuff.

LeBoy is guilty of using too much paper. He can literally go through an entire roll in one sitting. It pisses me off because we spend so much money on the good stuff and you shouldn't have to use as much. I've tried explaining this to him, but it hasn't sunk in. One thing I do, and it's cheaper than buying those wipes, and won't clog the plumbing- I have spray bottle in the bathroom with diluted witch hazel (what they use on a lot of those wipes) and I spray the wad of paper. Clean as a whistle, I tell ya!

Bunny, PM me the name!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Mar 19 2009, 08:56 AM
Post #1957

it's cards on the table time

Pollyv--totally been there, and more than once.

I have also been accused of using too much loo roll, and from several different sources. I probably do use too much, but, I mean, how else can you be thorough?? Understandably this argument doesn't carry much weight with the mister and former flatmates, who then feel I am maligning their bathroom hygeine. blink.gif
Now I just buy loo roll for the house so I don't feel bad.

Confession: I am overreacting to every little thing. I need to get this thesis in so I can stop being an obsessive control freak.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Mar 19 2009, 08:27 AM
Post #1958

freckle, if I post the name then karma will bite me - it'll be the name of a bustie or what they chose to name their child! I'm not that stupid wink.gif.

ENID?! I am all for using traditional names; I particularly like some biblical names but there's classic and then there's old fashioned or just plain boring.

eta: I PMd you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Mar 19 2009, 06:52 AM
Post #1959

beachcomber

drat double post, sorry!

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Mar 19 2009, 06:51 AM
Post #1960

beachcomber

bunnyb: don't keep us in suspense- what is the name?!
as I had a sort of non-normal name growing up, names are of particular interest to me, and the mr wanted to name frecklette ENID when she was born (seriously. dude) !

polly: so been there. are you also out of kleenex too?

misslady: bahahaha. I was so shocked to see an ex that had gone gray & gained a lot of weight!
no wonder my ex's there all think I still look good wink.gif

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 96 97 98 99 100 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 20, 2014 - 02:09 AM