The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

144 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> is it called a crush because that's what it does to you?
anna k
post Oct 6 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #21

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks jade! I haven't posted much here anymore. Lately I've been busy with two part-time jobs, working on writing assignments, hanging with friends, all that stuff. I haven't had any crushes to post here. I have passing crushes, but nothing that is really big or interesting. I went out on a pretty good date lately, where me and the guy saw a play and hung out and talked. We may see each other again later this week.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jade
post Oct 5 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #22

Hardcore BUSTie

anna--your posts have been missed

--------------------
Its a fine mess you've gotten us into this time Stanley(G. W.?)

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Oct 4 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

anna_k!!! Girl, where have you been? It's so good to see you on here again!

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
anna k
post Oct 4 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

Yay epinephrine!!! I like reading your updates about life in China, and I am really impressed that you've picked up Chinese so quickly and meeting such interesting people. You're just living such an amazing life, I'm proud of you.

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Oct 4 2010, 10:41 AM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

I totally have a best friend crush on my adorable new Chinese gay boy friend, B. He's just such a sweetheart. We've been hanging out pretty frequently and seem to be building a really nice friendship. He gave me my birthday present today, because he was too shy to give it to me yesterday in front of my other friends - he made me a seal with my Chinese name on it, the kind you use to stamp your name in red on calligraphy scrolls and stuff. He's been teaching me calligraphy in his classroom after hours - I'm horrible at it, but he's very patient and we always have a laugh at my diseased-looking characters. He's also great to practice my Chinese with. We basically speak to each other in Chinglish - I try to speak Chinese with him, but I frequently have to use English to ask questions and explain things that aren't in my vocabulary, and he usually speaks to me in English but answers my language-related questions in Chinese. The other night we spoke almost exclusively in Chinese, which was awesome. Some of his classmates were there when we went to the classroom today to practice a bit, and I had a little thrill when I heard one of them say to him (in Chinese) "oh, this is your good friend you told me about?" Awww, it just made me feel so special...

He's so awesome. I wish you could all meet him.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Sep 17 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #26

brown delicious

Yay for epi! It sounds like you are doing fine in China. Also, like you can get still post here on the interwebs. wink.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Sep 17 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #27

Hardcore BUSTie

Bah. Long-distance crush. I've been thinking about R lots since I came to China. Wonder what it'll be like when we finally see each other again. I want to stay friends, nothing romantic, but...time has proved that that sexual tension isn't going to go away on its own!

On the other hand, several guys here seem to have crushes on me. It's actually a little weird. Three different guys, all older, all from Africa, all very forward, all living in my dorm, have been pursuing me since I got here. Two of them are roommates, which is even weirder. All the foreign students give their numbers to everyone here - networking is how we get by in a foreign country - so I didn't think much of giving them my number, but all three of these guys have called and/or texted me to see what I'm up to and if I want to hang out. One keeps calling and texting me late at night to ask if I want to come over and "watch movies" in his bedroom. His roommate just told me today that he wants to take me out to the club. The other is a little more shy and reserved in his approach and told me the other day that "he had something to say to me but he was afraid it was too soon." I gave him a smile and told him politely that maybe it was. And the other day a bunch of Chinese students volunteered to take the foreign students on an orientation around the campus. I ended up in a group with my roommate and four volunteers - two guys and two girls - and my roommate overheard the girls talking about how the guys both really liked me and wanted to date me. Although I seriously doubt their judgement on one guy - I've hung out with him a few times since and I'm convinced he's gay.

Anyway, it's just a bit overwhelming. I don't really have the same feelings for any of the guys. There is this one girl in my dorm, though...she's Thai and doesn't speak English, so we can only communicate in our broken Chinese, but I just get a vibe off of her. I like her and I don't even know her.

--------------------

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Aug 31 2010, 02:32 AM
Post #28

new highs in personal lows daily!

yay! epi, that sounds like the perfect outcome! although i'm wondering why you didn't just grab him and have more fun. like you said, you're leaving soon....

{le sigh} ran into a summer crush on the bus today. i think she's pretty awesome, but i think she can take or leave me. i feel like such a geek/dork lately. i hate it. tomorrow i go to the zoo with another crush, c. who is a lot of fun. we kissed last time we hung out, but it didn't seem like she was into it. meh. it seems like love just ain't in the cards for me right now....oh, and kitty is back in contact. just when i think i'm over her, i hear her voice and i'm convinced she really is the love of my life. sheesh.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Aug 31 2010, 01:59 AM
Post #29

Hardcore BUSTie

Woooo epi! That sounds nice in evey possible way.

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Aug 30 2010, 01:29 AM
Post #30

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, my crush on R is back, and last week the ever-present sexual tension between us boiled over and we hooked up. It was so funny, I think we were both subconsciously planning on it. In the day or two before we hooked up, he'd shaved and I'd waxed. I think we both knew it was going to have to happen eventually, and I'm moving to China in less than a week, so that kind of pushed us into action.

Anyway, I hung out with him again last night, just as friends like usual, and it was fine! We didn't talk about our encounter at all, but I don't think that's anything to worry about. I'd like to be sure that he's ok with it, but his behaviour was reassuring enough that I'm not too concerned. In any case, even if it did get awkward, the large, life-changing events of the coming week are more than enough to eclipse it, and by the time we see each other again I'm sure any awkwardness would all be forgotten.

God, he's just too cute though. I was trying to play it cool when we were hanging out last night, not give the impression that our friendship had changed, but really all I wanted to do was grab him and make out with him and grope his heavily tattooed little body. I'm gonna miss him.

--------------------

+Quote Post
thepointybird
post Jul 11 2010, 09:47 AM
Post #31

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok, I'm a little worried. I spoke to Le Crush last night for almost 3 hours. I'm starting to know where I stand with him a little better, he says he likes me a lot and can't wait to see me in August. He was so sweet and lovely last night and I can feel myself really starting to fall for him. It's pretty scary, he's so far away, he's ten years younger than me and I whilst I know he likes me and is interested, I don't know if he's interested in a fling or a relationship or what. It's been a really long time since I met someone that I had a mutual attraction with, and he also totally gets me, but I'm just so unsure..... I can't even think about him without grinning like a maniac, I woke up this morning to a really sweet text from him and my tummy just flipped. Arrrrggh! Ah well, keeps life interesting I suppose.

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Jul 9 2010, 01:40 AM
Post #32

Hardcore BUSTie

Cute, cute boy in my Linguistics class who flirted with me on the LAST DAY!!! Jeez, boy. Couldn't you have worked up the nerve a little sooner? I wasn't about to just throw myself at you after one conversation, but...damn, I hope we cross paths again next semester.

--------------------

+Quote Post
futura
post Jul 7 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #33

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't understand why guys want to hold your hand one moment and act all uninterested the next.

I met an interesting guy. I saw him again last night at a party. We talked all night. And then he just took off, just 'bye' and that was it. Dammit, he brought up Aristotle and all other kinds of smartypants stuff.

It's probably my hormones.

--------------------
"It was when I found out I could make mistakes that I knew I was on to something"- Ornette Coleman

+Quote Post
sageykins
post Jul 7 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #34

Hardcore BUSTie

Hahahaha! Pointybird that is awesome! smile.gif I hope it all goes well! I'm about to post in the mooving on- but the guy I've been seeing is the same way- hot then cold, in then out, yada yada. I think I'm giving it up. Because as much as I'm crushing, I need someone who is more in this than he's been. Acts like he wants me around more than just sometimes, holds my hand and generally is sweet on me. He is... when we're getting on our own horizontal mambo... and thats about it. Blehs.
I may not post there. I'm crushing. And he's kind crushing me. Jerk pants.

+Quote Post
thepointybird
post Jul 7 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #35

Hardcore BUSTie

My crush boy is doing my loaf in. He's hot then he's cold. He's yes then he's no. He's making me quote Katy Perry, dammit. However, he's a 6' 1" slice of brown-eyed, snake-hipped, heavily-tattooed heaven, so you can see my dilemma. He does come with the added bonus of living 300 miles away so it's not like I have to deal with him all the time, however I will be seeing him the first week of August and if I don't get at least get a horizontal tango for my trouble there's gonna be a tantrum.

+Quote Post
sageykins
post Jul 2 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #36

Hardcore BUSTie

AP why has it been several weeks since that post and NO further explanations or details have been brought forth? Come on!!!! We're waiting!

+Quote Post
futura
post Jun 28 2010, 01:43 PM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

That sounds intriguing! Yes, details please!

The date with the guy i posted about below was ok. We had sex and that was...weird. He's just...weird. He was considerate, we had good converstaion and as soon as we started the sex thing it was all out of the window (insert Kramer-like hand gesture).
I went to Barcelona for three days and i met such a hot guy, but being there only two nights was too little time.

Then there was three weeks ago, i wrote about that in the 'send a letter' thread, which made me realise how gigantic assholes some guys i've hooked up with really are. I did some cleaning among my FB friends in that respect and boy does that feel good!

I got a text from the weid guy again. After two months he wants to get together again. Methinks he hasn't had something in a while and that's the reason i hear from him. And that doesn't matter. But i let him know that i'm not interested in a second hookup.

Situation with the guy from work is still ongoing. In six weeks my contract will end. If there's going to be any move, he has to make it. I'm not gaga enough to throw my cards on the table. If something happens, it happens. If not, not.

--------------------
"It was when I found out I could make mistakes that I knew I was on to something"- Ornette Coleman

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Jun 21 2010, 06:22 PM
Post #38

Hardcore BUSTie

Nice. Details please!

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 21 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #39

Big Fat Bitch

OMG. I have the CRUSH. THAT. WON'T. DIE! Seriously. I am plotzing at the sheer ferocity with which my feelings have returned after all this time. Fifteen years might as well have been fifteen seconds. The rhythm is exactly the same, the only difference is that the flirting is more grown up.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Jun 21 2010, 08:11 AM
Post #40

Hardcore BUSTie

Reviving the crushness...

There's a cute man working in one of the shops near my office that I pop into about once a week, and every time I see him he makes shy, lingering eye-contact.

If I was single I would definitely ask him out!

--------------------

+Quote Post

144 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 22, 2014 - 03:02 PM