The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
lux
post Sep 13 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #841

BUSTie

i guess the bridesmaids are there to make the bride look better, or something..

but going to the lecture today in front of me walks a girl i a bright yellow sweater, waist lenght, black thights, purple suede boots and a white knitted wool hat. why the hell would you wear a knitted hat in 20 degrees? to hold her brain when it starts to melt from all the colour? and if you're wearing thights, you should wear a shirt that covers a bit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Callani
post Sep 13 2007, 09:41 AM
Post #842

BUSTie

Oh dear, that site is truly awful. I however have a hair-crime to report. Today I saw a woman who had short hair (as in shorter than a bob) and she had two clip in plaits like 8 year olds wear. The worst thing? The clips were bright yellow and the hair turned blue towards the end of the plait...

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Sep 13 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #843

(o)(o)

Janeinane, that sight fucking rocks! I have tears in my eyes from it!

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
janeinane
post Sep 13 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #844

Hardcore BUSTie

*delurk* -- gotta stay with the classics!: http://www.uglydress.com

*relurk*

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Sep 13 2007, 06:45 AM
Post #845

(o)(o)

I wonder if some brides do COF's for their bridesmaides on purpose? Most bridesmaides dresses make me throw up a little in my mouth.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
Callani
post Sep 13 2007, 01:37 AM
Post #846

BUSTie

I think it's a rule with weddings that bridesmaids have to wear awful things. The worst I've suffered was when at age 17 I was put in the same cute-sy fluffed up dress as my 2 year old cousin. It was awful... I actually looked like a loo roll holder. But my aunt has been stuck in the worst part of 80s fashion as long as I can remember. Ick.
If I ever get married I'm gonna tell people the colour theme and let them choose their own dress.

+Quote Post
octobersky
post Sep 12 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #847

Hardcore BUSTie

A few years ago I was in a friend's wedding - our families are really close, we grew up together, blah, blah. I always thought she had good taste until I saw the bridesmaid's dress I was expected to wear. It was a horrible bluish/purplish color that looked good on absolutely no one - not to mention the dress was strapless and made for Amazon Barbie dolls. I'm a D to DD cup and my mom had to take in the top for me!!! To add insult to injury I had to pay $250 for the piece of crap.

Then to top off the whole mess it was arranged that all us bridesmaid's were getting our hair done for the occasion - paid for by the bride's family so I really couldn't say no. Suffice to say I left the salon looking like someone had plopped a giant mushroom cap on my head with these strange tendril curl thingys hanging down. This was the hairstylist's interpretation of the "sleek updo" I asked for - I had even specified "something like Phoebe or Rachel from Friend's" (not that i'm a huge fan, just figured it would be a safe point of reference) - not even close. I then had to dash to my grandpa's and refix my hair. Gah. What a day. Several close friends commented on how the dress was not my style, so it did make me feel somewhat better - so yeah Nickclick don't worry about the giant purple people eater you have to wear - you have my utmost sympathies.

Taking full advantage of the open bar at the reception did help me forget how bad the dress was though!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Sep 11 2007, 07:14 AM
Post #848

Hardcore BUSTie

nope, no wedding planner, but thanks for the well wishes. my only consolation is that the only people who will see me in the giant satin purple beaded dress and undoubtedly overdone hair will be people who know her and her 'style.'

+Quote Post
shinyx3
post Sep 10 2007, 09:47 AM
Post #849

go ahead . . . push the button!

oh, nickclick, cross your fingers for a wedding planner to help her choose.

--------------------
"Razors pain you; rivers are damp; acids stain you; and drugs cause cramp. Guns aren't lawful; nooses give; gas smells awful; you might as well live."

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Sep 10 2007, 07:10 AM
Post #850

Hardcore BUSTie

i hate to admit it because i love her, but my boyfriend's future sister-in-law was a COF at her bridal shower yesterday. the shower was not a surprise, she's 33 years old, and she arrived wearing a walmart junior's dept tank top, tucked into a mini jean skirt, sheer but white panty house, black square-toed pumps. and this is the woman choosing what i'm going to wear and how i'm to do my hair in a few weeks. ick.

+Quote Post
LilPinkElectricC...
post Sep 9 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #851

Hardcore BUSTie

Has anyone seen those crocs that look like your grandfather's loafers mated with a croc? Those are my least favorite.

--------------------
Barack the Kasbah

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Sep 9 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #852

Hardcore BUSTie

Two croc sightings: First lady, wearing a great pinstriped suit and crocs. Which just made no sense at all. Then I at the store I saw a pair of multi-color pink and lime green sort of tie dyed looking crocs, very pukey.

Also at the store, there was a lady wearing a one piece jumper style denim dress down to her ankles, with big buttons. She might as well have been wearing a moomoo.

Then later, I saw a girl about my age wearing an ill fitting polo shirt, it looked stretched out and baggy for some reason. And she definately need a better fitting bra. She was wearing a strange black khaki pencil skirt with pockets and big buttonson the back. And strappy wedge shoes which looked to dressy for the casual outfit. Maybe even things had fit right it would have been okay, but it just didn't look right.

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Sep 9 2007, 08:26 AM
Post #853

(o)(o)

I was driving past a funeral home the other day, and walking out was a woman who was wearing tacky bright green crocs. To a funeral! Wha the hell is that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Sep 9 2007, 07:36 AM
Post #854

Hardcore BUSTie

yesterday was my second spotting of the pastel sweater tied around some douche bags neck. This time it was a hideous pastel green/turquoise. Ugh

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Sep 7 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #855

Hardcore BUSTie

William Sledd is my new favorite person

+Quote Post
lux
post Sep 7 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #856

BUSTie

that was hilarious, Dusty!
I'm doing a semester at Queen's University. A lot of time to spot fashion victims in a small town...

+Quote Post
dayglowpink
post Sep 6 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #857

Hardcore BUSTie

Turquoise Croc flip flops with big fake gemstones glued all over them. Need I say more?

+Quote Post
dusty
post Sep 6 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #858

Hardcore BUSTie

Dude, just stay away from the mall:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd1Ggd4L4_8

What university are you at, Lux?

+Quote Post
lux
post Sep 5 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #859

BUSTie

Getting to know the Canadian university life, and yeah, you don't need pants for that.

The other night I saw a girl wearing a mens shirt with a belt as a dress. I think the worst part was that the shirt was see trough, so now everyone knows what kind of knickers she wears. And the belt was not pretty either.

I guess I'm the only person who hates shorts. The shorter, the better seems to be the theme here. It's not even warm!

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Sep 5 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #860

Hardcore BUSTie

Apparently, pants are optional on my campus.

I saw several young ladies sporting those tunics that are so popular. As dresses. I promise, ladies, those are meant to be worn as tops. With pants. Stop showing me your ass, please.

I ran into Miss ghetto-fab hairdo today, apparently we have the same bus route. Today she was wearing a black bra. I know this because it was made extremely visible by the silver metallic imitation leather tube top she wore. With leggings. NOT knit black pants, no, hosiery-style leggings. I was very thankful for her unfortunately visible thong, I'm not sure I can deal with full frontal nudity at 8 am.

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 22, 2014 - 06:33 AM