The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 62 63 64 65 66 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
lykafishouttawat...
post Sep 18 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #1261

Hello ladies....I am new to not only this site but this whole form thing also. I have been suffering from BV and yeast infections for 6 years now.
I thought I was the only one to think this was not normal..unlike so many doctors I have visited. I had my first battle with BV when I got an IUD...though I am now rid of the IUD unfortunately the BV didn't go with it.
I just found you so I haven't read all...let alone tried any of your remedies yet. Anyone want to throw a starting suggestion my way?

Thanx in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kegom
post Sep 18 2008, 07:19 AM
Post #1262

BUSTie

Hi Y'all

You are never going to beleive me when I say that I have been BV free for 5 weeks now! Remember when i claimed that I was bv free the last time when i was using Vit C tablet (inserting them vaginally)? But now I have not douched, no intravaginal capsules. Just a lifestyle change. And sometimes its dificullt but my vagina has been feeling good, if not great. I got to find out that I was lactose intolerant 6-7 weeks ago.I cut out all milk and milk products and I also cut out bread (white flour) and all sugar. However the thing about sugar is that I think that If I have limited amounts I still am fine just have to limit it. i exercise (even though sometimes I lapse- like my first two weeks fo the experiment). I also sometimes crave sweet stuff. I am now taking a different probiotic (Probiflora strain 4) twice daily and the funny thing about this is that I have been BV free for 5 weeks and have been taking this probiotic for 5 weeks as well. I dont know whether this probiotic alone works, then i can eat sweets and other junk. As for my lactose intolerance Im not sure how it fits here. I have this theory: I do not posess enough Lactase to digest lactose so my good bacteria (lactobacillus) spends most of its time trying to break down this tough sugar (lactose) and then the bad bacteria then takes over, colonising my interstines and ultimately my vagina resulting in all the bad smells. Also I'm still using protex to shower and bath but once the current stock is finished Illl start using dove (has the correct ph) for my daily bath/shower. So we'll see what happens. So far so good and I plan to lead a lifestyle that will get rid of this monster after 9 years!

+Quote Post
LoveStinks
post Sep 16 2008, 10:12 PM
Post #1263

Hello Everybody :D

This is my first time posting and it's been really hard trying to get on here. There is some really good information on this site the "Best" one so far. I'm glad I find you guys. I have had BV for about a year now and my BIGGEST problem is odor, no bad discharge, itch, redness, or nothing just "ODOR". It get bad a night about 6 or 7 p.m. it's weird. At night the whole house smells like funk...or something dead. I have to burn candles and spray the house all the times this BV is serious and I'm seriously trying to get rid of this odor. Does anyone else have to use candle or sprays to help with the odor in your place?

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Sep 16 2008, 09:17 PM
Post #1264

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Italianwife88 @ Sep 16 2008, 09:20 PM) *
wait... hold on... so guys can carry this? i dindt find the response to the question about if your guy got treated, did he?

sorry i haven't been on in a while... still battling this. just did metrogel and doing a diflucan for what i guess is yeast ill let you know what happens. im about to get my period too, it sucks. I hope i can clear this up for a while, my husband just got his green card and were planning for italy smile.gif

yes, my boyfriend got treated and since he's been treated we've been VERY careful about using condoms because i'm still not bv free yet. btw...don't use condoms that have spermicide, very bad, bad for the vagina!! i recommend trojan ultrathin condoms, they're are super duper thin, feels like you're not even using one.... tongue.gif i don't want it to be passed back and forth. bv can survive and live at the tip of the penis cause it's dark and moist. i was totally shocked when the results came in huh.gif i noticed that before he was treated my bv would be really bad....full blown when we didn't use condoms. however, since he's been treated and we're using condoms it hasn't been as bad but i think it's still there not to sure. i finished a round of antibiotics a couple of weeks ago and since then i've been doing boric acid every night. i plan on doing this til the end of the week then i'm gonna do boric acid every other day for about a few weeks then probably down to 2-3 times a week. still gonna use condoms until i'm 100% sure this bv crap is gone for good.

hope this helps!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Sep 16 2008, 08:20 PM
Post #1265

BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Sep 12 2008, 09:14 PM) *
Thanks for sharing that, sooo sad.

So guys can carry BV. This is definitely interesting.

So did your guy get treatment? Any improvement afterwards?

wait... hold on... so guys can carry this? i dindt find the response to the question about if your guy got treated, did he?

sorry i haven't been on in a while... still battling this. just did metrogel and doing a diflucan for what i guess is yeast ill let you know what happens. im about to get my period too, it sucks. I hope i can clear this up for a while, my husband just got his green card and were planning for italy smile.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 16 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #1266

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm glad to see the old busties still come around.

CONGRATS JEWELS!

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Sep 16 2008, 03:17 AM
Post #1267

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Sep 15 2008, 11:52 PM) *
It's possible to have both.
I'm not sure that's a good idea, to just use it for a few days until the symptoms are gone. That might be why it recurs all the time. You should use it for two weeks straight, and make sure you kill the sucker once and for all. Have you tried that?
(I know that you never really kill off all the yeast, but you know what I mean.)

Sorry for the derailment ladies smile.gif I know all too well about the cycle of BV/yeast - take the antibiotics, yeast infection comes after, and so on.

Thanks for the suggestion Lori, never thought of it that way. I think the longest I've ever used it was a week straight. And I was good for a while after that. I hope you don't have to deal with this sh** anymore Lori!!

(((Jewels))) YAYYYY!!! *does happy dance for Jewels*

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Sep 16 2008, 02:18 AM
Post #1268

Hardcore BUSTie

DID I HEAR SOMEONE MENTION MY NAME????? HAHAHAHAH

HELLO FRIENDS!!!

I'm still around... just not a Bustie anymore!! I read just a few threads, and thought, wow, things just don't ever change now do they? hahaha tongue.gif

Hence the reason why I do not come here very often anymore. STRESS IS A BV NIGHTMARE for me!! (I do not even lurk... I just stop by every few months to say hello)

I'm still BV FREE... and to agree with Lori.. THERE ARE WOMEN ON HERE WHO HAVE HAD SUCCESS... Me being 1 of them. I suffered from BV for MANY YEARS, and found my cure in a couple of areas:

#1. Left the cheating boyfriend
#2. Stopped stressing
#3. Most Importantly: Tea Tree Oil Suppositories (Vaginally)

I no longer suffer from BV, however, I don't think I will ever completely feel 100% confident, regardless of how long I go without BV. Once you have it, and especially, as long as alot of us have, it's always somewhere in the back of your mind, hoping it won't present itself!

I still Smoke, I still drink coffee, and eat sugar... However, the 3 things above, is what I changed.

I still have not used another TTO, in forever, because I do not need to. I have rid myself of it, and I will continue to have positive thoughts, because I truly believe, that the negativity, played a huge roll, in my BV.

Anyways.... I just wanted to say Hello to everyone.. Lori.. Neverending.. Sassy...

And I will continue to support Lori, and her blogs, and whatever it is that she says... She may come across "Rude" or "Condenscending" (however you spell it! haha) but LORI KNOWS WHAT SHE'S TALKING ABOUT. She has spent more hours, then anyone I know, getting her facts straight, and she is MOST concerned about people taking matters into their own hands, and hurting themselves (like I did with Boric Acid)!!

Good luck Ladies.. and I will see you all again with an update in a few months!!!

+Quote Post
lori
post Sep 15 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #1269

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Sep 15 2008, 07:58 PM) *
Heyyyy Neverending! (((to the bv busties))) - I'm still around, just dealing with a different pain in the butt now. Recurrent yeast. So unless my docs were misdiagnosing me with the BV before, my problem has changed.

It's possible to have both.

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Sep 15 2008, 07:58 PM) *
I just use the boric acid for a few days and I'm good till the next go round.

I'm not sure that's a good idea, to just use it for a few days until the symptoms are gone. That might be why it recurs all the time. You should use it for two weeks straight, and make sure you kill the sucker once and for all. Have you tried that?

(I know that you never really kill off all the yeast, but you know what I mean.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Sep 15 2008, 09:58 PM
Post #1270

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Sep 15 2008, 08:13 PM) *
SweetSimplicity? Girl, where have you been? Happy to see you back. Where is Sassy and Jewels and Konphusion and the list goes on and on right? LOL......I hope all is well.
Peace!

Heyyyy Neverending! (((to the bv busties))) - I'm still around, just dealing with a different pain in the butt now. Recurrent yeast. So unless my docs were misdiagnosing me with the BV before, my problem has changed. I still check in on you gals even if I don't post. My heart really goes out to all of you! I remember trying everything and getting no results. The doctors pretty much gave up too. Thankfully (if one could be thankful for one over the other) I just use the boric acid for a few days and I'm good till the next go round.

I don't know why this crap happens to us, I just wish I had a magic potion to make it all go away. Or at least had a rewind button to go back to the times when our vaginas were problem free!

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Sep 15 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #1271

BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Sep 15 2008, 05:57 PM) *
I had actually been on this forum for a while but I forgot my password and had to create a new account.
Sweaty in Social Studies aka SweetSimplicity

Remember?

Hah I remember you too! I too forgot my password and had to create a new account. I've been here since forever too. phew, i feel so old now, time goes flying by!

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Sep 15 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #1272

BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Sep 12 2008, 03:55 PM) *
I've been reading up on Bacterial Vaginosis and Yeast Infections and I heard that it's mainly caused by unhealthy eating habits, drinking/smoking, several sex partners, poor immune system, pollution and so on. And from that blog there have been several people that say they're infections went away on their own when they changed their lifestyle. Which I think could be true.

Can be true in some cases, but not in all of them. I'm 99.9999% sure my BV was triggered when I started having sex with my ex. God knows why, maybe cause he was smoking pot 24/7 and my hoohah didn't like pot-infused-spunk? who knows. anyways, it's definitely not drinking/smoking, for i've been doing both since I was 15 (we are early starters in my country :-p) .
I really have no idea what else to do to fight this BV...if it IS BV...I'm going to the doctor next week and we'll see what she has to say. Fem-d doesn't seem to be working for me...but maybe because flagyl didn't do anything to my BV. I might have to ask for the metrogel this time.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 15 2008, 07:13 PM
Post #1273

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Sep 15 2008, 10:57 PM) *
I actually do know what's going on in this forum. I've read through most of the posts starting on the 207 page. Boric Acid isn't a holistic treatment. You seem to be very sure of what will and won't work. You've probably tried everything yourself and got no results ... or did you ...
I had actually been on this forum for a while but I forgot my password and had to create a new account.

Remember?

SweetSimplicity? Girl, where have you been? Happy to see you back. Where is Sassy and Jewels and Konphusion and the list goes on and on right? LOL......I hope all is well.
Peace!

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Sep 15 2008, 04:57 PM
Post #1274

QUOTE(lori @ Sep 14 2008, 03:35 PM) *
Yes, there are people in here who have rid themselves of BV.

You don't know what's going on in this group, you don't know what it's like to have BV - basically, you don't know what you're talking about. But you have had problems with symptoms "similar to BV," so that means you can give us advice about BV? And what you think causes it?

Your presumptuousness is pretty incredible.
I do agree with this part (although, isn't boric acid a kind of "holistic" treatment?) A lot of people in here rely on what I call "deodorant" or "maintenance" solutions, and all they do is control the symptoms. I'm constantly advising everyone to not waste their time with shoving all manners of potions up their vaginas, and focus on the proven approaches, but there's only so much one person can do. But I do put the information out there, and plenty of lurkers seem to appreciate it, so as long as it's helping people who want to know it, I guess it's worth it.

The analogy I've used multiples times is: if you have bad breath because of a health problem, thoroughly brushing your teeth and gargling with mouthwash - will make the smell go away for a little while. But it will keep coming back until you do something about the health problem that's causing it. (And BV really is a health problem!)
That's not new information for any of us in here. Most of us know how to google. Your superficial research efforts are not welcome or useful.

I actually do know what's going on in this forum. I've read through most of the posts starting on the 207 page. Boric Acid isn't a holistic treatment. You seem to be very sure of what will and won't work. You've probably tried everything yourself and got no results ... or did you ...

Remember?

+Quote Post
DiceKitten
post Sep 14 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #1275

Ok my period just ended and I have that familier buring sensation again!
I hate being a freakin female!

I have been fighting this since I gave birth on June 25th, 2007 I havnt had sex since may 7th, 2008 and I am separated by miles from my fiancee by choice...His sperm has ph balance problem cause he make his own kids. it may be a problem for my vagina. he may be causing this! He wont go for help to the dr tho! GRRRRRR!
(I'm going to end it with him, but he doesnt know it yet)

I've been a good girl under tremendous amout of stress no sex

I even called the famous Dr Laura Berman in Beverly Hills and spoke with her about my problem
if by the 1st of theyear if this does not go away, Im flying to L.A. to see her to get rid of this

--------------------
I MET MR. RIGHT BUT I GAVE HIM THE WRONG FINGER!

+Quote Post
lori
post Sep 14 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #1276

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Sep 14 2008, 01:05 AM) *
Please Lori, don't assume I'm accusing everybody on this forum of being promiscuous just because I said,"it's mainly caused by unhealthy eating habits, drinking/smoking, several sex partners, poor immune system, pollution and so on" . That's what I read from an educational forum. Just relax. And no, Dr.Stewart did not diagnose me with Bacterial Vaginosis, which is why we never talked about it in the first place. But from what I've read on this forum nobody has rid themselves of Bacterial Vaginosis.

Yes, there are people in here who have rid themselves of BV.

You don't know what's going on in this group, you don't know what it's like to have BV - basically, you don't know what you're talking about. But you have had problems with symptoms "similar to BV," so that means you can give us advice about BV? And what you think causes it?

Your presumptuousness is pretty incredible.

Maybe things to hide the odor or reduce the symptoms. In the end, holistic treatments don't put up much of a fight against bacteria.

I do agree with this part (although, isn't boric acid a kind of "holistic" treatment?) A lot of people in here rely on what I call "deodorant" or "maintenance" solutions, and all they do is control the symptoms. I'm constantly advising everyone to not waste their time with shoving all manners of potions up their vaginas, and focus on the proven approaches, but there's only so much one person can do. But I do put the information out there, and plenty of lurkers seem to appreciate it, so as long as it's helping people who want to know it, I guess it's worth it.

The analogy I've used multiples times is: if you have bad breath because of a health problem, thoroughly brushing your teeth and gargling with mouthwash - will make the smell go away for a little while. But it will keep coming back until you do something about the health problem that's causing it. (And BV really is a health problem!)

That's not new information for any of us in here. Most of us know how to google. Your superficial research efforts are not welcome or useful.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Sep 14 2008, 03:05 AM
Post #1277

QUOTE(lori @ Sep 13 2008, 10:52 PM) *
And ... you're just talking about YEAST.

Boric acid is a cure for YEAST. That is well-known and no one has disputed it.

Dr. Stewart should have told you that regular acidophilus doesn't have any effect on BV - because that's what she wrote in her book.

Did she diagnose you with BV? Just because you had symptoms similar to BV, it doesn't mean that you had BV.

And none of us have continuing BV problems because we sleep around and don't take care of ourselves, as you previously alleged.

This is a BV group. There is a separate yeast group if you want to share your experiences there.

Please Lori, don't assume I'm accusing everybody on this forum of being promiscuous just because I said,"it's mainly caused by unhealthy eating habits, drinking/smoking, several sex partners, poor immune system, pollution and so on" . That's what I read from an educational forum. Just relax. And no, Dr.Stewart did not diagnose me with Bacterial Vaginosis, which is why we never talked about it in the first place. But from what I've read on this forum nobody has rid themselves of Bacterial Vaginosis. Maybe things to hide the odor or reduce the symptoms. In the end, holistic treatments don't put up much of a fight against bacteria.

http://www.cdc.gov/STD/BV/STDFact-Bacterial-Vaginosis.htm

+Quote Post
lori
post Sep 13 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #1278

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Sep 13 2008, 02:15 PM) *
But ... keep in mind everybody is different. What may work for one person won't work for another. And I have spoken to Dr.Stewart myself. She is the one that diagnosed me with 3 different non-albican yeast infections. How I got it, I don't know. I narrowed it down to two factors ... continous use of a really strong topical steroidal cream for my eczema and wearing a swimsuit with underwear underneath for too long. In my case Boric acid worked like a charm. My yeast infection(s) had very similar symptoms to BV, strong smell and yellowish whitish discharge. I found some things that helped me on this forum but in the end what really worked was the Boric Acid that I took at bed time for 14 days.

Non-albican yeast infections are more stubborn than regular yeast infections. And some do have an odor, not really fishy but like a ripe yeasty smell that lingers in the air even after you leave a room.

And ... you're just talking about YEAST.

Boric acid is a cure for YEAST. That is well-known and no one has disputed it.

Dr. Stewart should have told you that regular acidophilus doesn't have any effect on BV - because that's what she wrote in her book.

Did she diagnose you with BV? Just because you had symptoms similar to BV, it doesn't mean that you had BV.

And none of us have continuing BV problems because we sleep around and don't take care of ourselves, as you previously alleged.

This is a BV group. There is a separate yeast group if you want to share your experiences there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Sep 13 2008, 04:15 PM
Post #1279

QUOTE(lori @ Sep 12 2008, 09:13 PM) *
There are ladies in here who have had BV when they were virgins. So several sex partners is not always a cause.

And while I'm sure that healthy living and strong immune systems is a factor, simple lifestyle changes really isn't a magic bullet.

So I don't think either of them are "main" causes of BV or yeast.
We're getting into been-there-done-that territory. Regular acidophilus (taken orally or vaginally) has not, and does not work for BV.

And boric acid is a maintenance solution, not a cure for BV. (It is a known cure for yeast, however.) People should be careful with it, because it should not be used during pregnancy, and at least one person was allergic to it and got severe rashes that left scars.

Bottom line: your suggestions have been discussed. And then hashed, and re-hashed.

If you're interested in doing further research on this matter, please read The V Book, written by Dr. Stewart. It contains a good foundation of knowledge about women's health.

But ... keep in mind everybody is different. What may work for one person won't work for another. And I have spoken to Dr.Stewart myself. She is the one that diagnosed me with 3 different non-albican yeast infections. How I got it, I don't know. I narrowed it down to two factors ... continous use of a really strong topical steroidal cream for my eczema and wearing a swimsuit with underwear underneath for too long. In my case Boric acid worked like a charm. My yeast infection(s) had very similar symptoms to BV, strong smell and yellowish whitish discharge. I found some things that helped me on this forum but in the end what really worked was the Boric Acid that I took at bed time for 14 days.

Non-albican yeast infections are more stubborn than regular yeast infections. And some do have an odor, not really fishy but like a ripe yeasty smell that lingers in the air even after you leave a room.

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Sep 13 2008, 09:14 AM
Post #1280

Hardcore BUSTie

LORI

hi hon wink.gif .........

yes, he got treatment. then after that we've just been having sex with a condom because i can't even get rid of the bv in the first place. i've been on flagyl about 4-5 times, one time it went away but came back in about 2-3 weeks. then i found this site and did flagyl + femd, it came back again. we've been using a condoms cause i don't want to pass it back and forth....again. but i did notice that before he was treated, the bv was FULL BLOWN, especially after we had sex, but now with the condom it's not as bad, no itching, burning, or pain....just annoying discharge, but not that much since i've been on femd. i hope this information helps ladies in battling bv!!!

sooo sad

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 62 63 64 65 66 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 20, 2014 - 12:44 PM