Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> (Still) Your Daily Dose Of Outrage
voodoo_princess
post May 31 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #41

Hardcore BUSTie

free public transit makes so much sense anyway.... high smog or not..... just think about the long term ramifications and savings! it would be amazing BUT it is hard to get the "powers that be" to see long term anything... all they look at, it seems, is how much it would cost them NOW..... BOO BOO BOO on the "powers that be"!!!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
snafooey
post May 30 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #42

I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom

thanks, voodo. :-)

actually, i think the free public transit is an option in a few places already - i'll try to find links. i know a lot of environmentalists advocate that at the very least it should be free on high smog alert days - i think they were going to do that here, but it hasn't passed yet.

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 30 2006, 06:45 PM
Post #43

and free train travel for all! hoo, ha! that's the best line of the whole article. funny.

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 30 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #44

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh my cod.... is to be expected, I suppose....
snafooey - HA HA HA HA HA HEE HEE HEE HEE HA HA HA HA HA HEE HEE HEE HEE..... you make me laugh :-)

+Quote Post
snafooey
post May 30 2006, 04:20 PM
Post #45

Heh - I knew it (see new thread).

Next time I see some gal smoking a spliff and making out with her girlfriend, I'll warn her that not only she is on the path to hell, but she'll probably end up fucking the horse she rode in on. . .

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 30 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #46

Hardcore BUSTie

well, unfortunately that will be the reaction of the conservatives HOWEVER in my opinion the legalized "soft drugs" and legalized prostitution are ok and have proven themselves not to be a HUGE out of control problem in that region BUT just because SOME areas of law are "relaxed", it should not be looked at as an open door invitation to every sick freak out there to try to "legalize" or "ligitamize" their heinously criminal activity. So really, liberals (and I do mean QUITE liberal) also "latch onto" say, the openess of a region, as is the case here, and uses that regions relaxed attitudes to try to justify and/or legalize something TRUELY criminal. I think that's frustrating too. Why ruin a good thing by trying to see how far you can push the envelope? I think that actions like this may backfire and cause the more open minded and forward thinking countries to re-think things and maybe start enacting more restrictive laws and regulations.... you know? That would only serve to set back the progress (and yes, I see it as progress) that those free thinking countries have made. There always has to be a party pooper hey? Be it the super conservative do-gooder or the super sick weirdo..... can't we just find an "in between" and be happy? You know? Like... pot = good BUT sex with 12 year olds = BAD..... Oh well....

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post May 30 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #47

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

so um..if they want sex with animals legal, but animal cruelty illegal....does that mean the sex with animals is consensual?

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post May 30 2006, 10:51 AM
Post #48

(o)(o)

OH.MY.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
snafooey
post May 30 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #49

Well, the "free train travel" aspect of their platform is a good idea at least.

It's frustrating b/c conservatives will just latch onto this shit and say, "See what happens when a society becomes too free and too open? Legalize pot and prostitution and then it all goes to hell!"

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post May 30 2006, 10:42 AM
Post #50

WTF???!!!!

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 30 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #51

Hardcore BUSTie

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060530/od_nm/dutch_pedophiles_dc

OK.... I'm not sure whether to be outraged, enraged or just dumfounded. I read this article and then read it again to make sure it wasn't a joke.... are these people serious????

+Quote Post
livelyupurself
post May 30 2006, 02:49 AM
Post #52

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh goodie. DHS pays another small business/website a visit.

Well, at least they didn't shut them down, yet, like they did to Pajiba.

/sarcasm

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post May 29 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #53

What the heck do they need an occupancy permit for anyway? I've never had to do anythign like that. The city actually gets to say whether you can live there or not?!! Oh heck no..I'd be taking my tax dollars to another town in the first place. That is insane! I smell a Supreme Court case coming out of this one!

--------------------

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 29 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #54

voodoo, i don't think the government should have a say even if they Were paying for that family to live. like they've bought that family's rights with money or something? ah, that's just gross.

+Quote Post
efilorp4
post May 29 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #55

voodoo princes:

I am just wondering- why did you get married to someone only to get a divorce then end up still living with that same person? Wouldn't it have been much easier to stay married or just not have gotten married at all in the first place?

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 29 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #56

Hardcore BUSTie

pepper - again, I agree..... I'm not sure if it violates "human rights" exactly but PLEASE! It violates SOMETHING that's damn sure! I mean, I know that the government CAN put housing regulations on SUBSIDIZED (sp?) housing, but that's cause they (the gov.) is paying for that housing.... BUT, private housing? NOT subsidized? Please! AND, it's not like they said it was a "community" standard, like one of those "home owner associations" thingys where there are rules and regulations in a particular subdivision or whatever, that could actually govern things like this.... I STRONGLY disagree with those "home owner associations" too by the way..... but this was reported as a city regulation (or state maybe, but I think it was at the city level) AND from what I understood of reading the story, the regulation didn't come right out and say "NO UNMARRIED COUPLES MAY LIVE TOGETHER" but it was worded in a way so that conclusion or interpretation could be made.....
bullshit if you asked me.... total bullshit....
like I mentioned, I live with my ex husband and children and we pay our taxes blah blah blah and I'll be damned if someone is gonna tell us we can't live in the place WE PAY FOR.... I think NOT! It's like I tell my family and anyone else who thinks they have an opinion on my life.... "when you start paying my bills and supporting me, then you can have a say in what I do".... the same goes for this poor family and the city they live in.... if the city wants to pay for a home for them and support them, then alrighty BUT until then, the city should have no say at all in their living situation.

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 29 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #57

it's gotten really easy to only read the applicable posts in these threads. i just want to say thanks girls for not getting distracted by the flotsam and jetsom and to tell you that your words are appreciated.
voodoo, i agree with the lawsuit. like i said that HAS to be a violation of human rights, deciding how many people can reside together is a bit too big brother-ish to me. where's the logic in that at all eh? what about a live in nanny or housekeeper, is that illegal too? maybe she can hire her man as a nanny and he can hire her as a housekeeper (or vice versa, or whatever) and they can pay each other exactly the same wages. ha ha. truly idiotic.

+Quote Post
efilorp4
post May 29 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #58

HOLY BIBLE Romans 1:26-28
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 29 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #59

Hardcore BUSTie

pepper - One more thought.... I think the MAN and the WOMAN in question, in this situation, should consider suing the city, state, whatever..... I don't usually condone lawsuits and such but in the case of this MAN and WOMAN and their children, I think something should certainly be done..... I hope someone takes up their case and fights for them....

+Quote Post
efilorp4
post May 29 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #60

HOLY BIBLE Romans 1:26-28
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 25, 2014 - 07:17 PM