271 Pages V  « < 66 67 68 69 70 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
lori
post Aug 22 2008, 12:41 PM
Post #1341

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(catwalk @ Aug 22 2008, 10:20 AM) *
Wow, I thought I had looked everywhere...... but finally found this forum!

I've only had BV for 2 years now, which is long enough but I was almost in tears thinking of how long others have had it. HUGE hugs to all of you!

I'm 28, been with my bf for 6 years. I live in Canada, & doctors look at me like I'm crazy when I BEG them to help me. They keep testing me for STD's.... which is getting insulting. The smell...... gawd, I had a cat die in my garage and I swear my own 'kitty' smells worse than the cat did 3 days after dying. I'm embarrassed at work & feel like EVERYONE can tell/smell. I can still have sex but not often & I hate the discharge sad.gif

I've tried the acidophilus, vit C (orally), vitex, douching, vit B complex, etc and those didn't work. I tried anti-b's, flagyl, monistat & Terazol which didn't work. I jump from BV to yeast infections to UTI's & back again.

I'm about to try everything else. I started on the first pages (there's 205 so it will take a while!) & already have some ideas. I'm going to try Boric Acid (which I bought but didn't try yet, need empty capsules), & vit C vaginally if I can find time release ones in 250mg. I even bought one of those Jamu sticks.

When my STD tests come back all negative (again) & they are scratching their heads, I'll do what I usually do & ask for stuff myself, this time metro gel. I no longer care about side effects, nothing could be worse than what's going on in my va-jay-jay.

I'm glad I'm not alone, but just so that I can find out how to treat this damn thing! I can't believe doctors are still sitting on their butts & doing nothing for any of us. I'm frustrated, upset, and smell bad. ARGH!!!!!!
mad.gif

Read my blog (link is in my sig). It contains a compendium of most of the stuff that's been tried in this thread. Also, read The V Book by Dr. Stewart. A good foundation of info. for women's health. Also, if you have time, read the thread.

Quickly: Thumbs down on the jamu stick. Thumbs up on Fem-dophilus.

I've experienced exactly the same thing you have with the doctors - just kept testing me for every STD for 3 years. Crying and begging for them to help me? Yeah, I've been there. It still pisses me off when I think about it.

Anyway, welcome to thread, and hope you find something here that helps you!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
catwalk
post Aug 22 2008, 12:20 PM
Post #1342

BUSTie

Wow, I thought I had looked everywhere...... but finally found this forum!

I've only had BV for 2 years now, which is long enough but I was almost in tears thinking of how long others have had it. HUGE hugs to all of you!

I'm 28, been with my bf for 6 years. I live in Canada, & doctors look at me like I'm crazy when I BEG them to help me. They keep testing me for STD's.... which is getting insulting. The smell...... gawd, I had a cat die in my garage and I swear my own 'kitty' smells worse than the cat did 3 days after dying. I'm embarrassed at work & feel like EVERYONE can tell/smell. I can still have sex but not often & I hate the discharge sad.gif

I've tried the acidophilus, vit C (orally), vitex, douching, vit B complex, etc and those didn't work. I tried anti-b's, flagyl, monistat & Terazol which didn't work. I jump from BV to yeast infections to UTI's & back again.

I'm about to try everything else. I started on the first pages (there's 205 so it will take a while!) & already have some ideas. I'm going to try Boric Acid (which I bought but didn't try yet, need empty capsules), & vit C vaginally if I can find time release ones in 250mg. I even bought one of those Jamu sticks.

When my STD tests come back all negative (again) & they are scratching their heads, I'll do what I usually do & ask for stuff myself, this time metro gel. I no longer care about side effects, nothing could be worse than what's going on in my va-jay-jay.

I'm glad I'm not alone, but just so that I can find out how to treat this damn thing! I can't believe doctors are still sitting on their butts & doing nothing for any of us. I'm frustrated, upset, and smell bad. ARGH!!!!!!
mad.gif

--------------------
Thanks everyone on Bust Lounge!!! Fem-D changed my life! BV be gone! Try from Iherb (cheapest) with code LAZ615 & save another $5! :D

+Quote Post
lori
post Aug 22 2008, 01:59 AM
Post #1343

Hardcore BUSTie

Also wanted to add that if you have BV and you douche, that can also push the germs up into your upper genital tract, which can also cause PID.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post Aug 21 2008, 01:28 PM
Post #1344

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(kegom @ Aug 19 2008, 07:41 AM) *
Will this thing affect my fertility?Has anyone had problems falling pregnant?Iv had this for 9 years now.

Hi kegom,

Not to alarm you or depress you, but I have found research that says it may affect your fertility.

Basically:

- PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) can damage the upper genital tract and cause infertility
- untreated gonorrhea or chlamydia causes PID

How BV is involved:

- if you have gonorrhea or chlamydia AND BV, there is a higher chance of it developing into PID

But I found one medical journal article that says BV alone (without gonorrhea or chlamydia) may result in PID. (I don't have the link here, but I'll cite the article later.)

I'm not sure if that means untreated BV will give you PID and make you infertile, because the article said that they did not find a causal link. But it's alarming.

So does BV cause infertility? I don't know. But we do know that BV + other STD's can accelerate damage. So the one thing I know for sure is that BV is not just a nuisance problem - i.e., it's not just the smell and discomfort that we need to worry about. It's potentially damaging our upper genital tracts.

This is why I'm such a nazi about everyone in here not just relying on "deodorant" or "maintenance" solutions. The goal is not to just smell fresh, the goal is to get healthy. (Then the nasty smell will go away, too.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
hopeless425
post Aug 19 2008, 11:22 AM
Post #1345

hi kegom

[size="2"][/size]i would get it constantly also, it would go away and come right back, my problem was my boyfriends semen was messing up my ph. as soon as he stopped doing that in me i never got it. once i got a new boyfriend (my one now of 5 months) it never happened. i was on BC and he would do that in me but no BV for months and then i got off BC and BAM! back just like that. idk if it was because of BC, having vag dryness, and a combination of many other things..i just cant pinpoint it but im so upset. i went out and bought FemD bcause so many people were raving about it on here, also folic acid, and the smell seems to be gone, and my discharge is less lotion like and more normal..idk im sure it will come back, i have a dr appoint next monday, but i forgot im suppose to start on saturday. ugh.

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Aug 19 2008, 11:14 AM
Post #1346

Hardcore BUSTie

greeneyes

hey hon!!!! i was wondering what kind of antibiotics did you use last? metrogel? flagyl oral? i did metrogel for 20days and i thought it would do the trick but when i didn't do the biofem for 1 day, i could feel it coming back. i'm soo disappointed. i've done oral flagyl and it made it go away because the dr did an affirm test on me and it was negative for bv, but i always had a discharge. maybe i need to do oral flagyl?

thanks in advance............. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

+Quote Post
kegom
post Aug 19 2008, 09:41 AM
Post #1347

BUSTie

sad.gif Hi ya'll. i see that this is a neverending battle. Today, BV back. After swearing by Vitamin C tablets for bout two months. It actuall came back on friday. Was really depressed and was not sleeping well. So for me ity has to manifest in BV. I dont know what to do now. Accept that I smell?for life? God this is not fair.What have we done to deserve this? sad.gif

Will this thing affect my fertility?Has anyone had problems falling pregnant?Iv had this for 9 years now.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 19 2008, 12:16 AM
Post #1348

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello Ladies,

Long time no see! How is everyone? I've had to have time to settle in and have not had time to check in with you guys but I'm back. Well, I took Renew Internal Cleasing which I think started this but I think It's now gone away after stopping. I did not realize the detox was that strong. On the box it said it helps keep hormones in check but I think it threw mine off again. Anyway, I hope everything goes great for you guys and I will be checking in to see you all more often.
Bye

HEY JEWELS! wink.gif

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Aug 18 2008, 05:06 PM
Post #1349

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Aug 16 2008, 04:55 AM) *
Just a little side note on the aci-gel/bio-fem. A while back I e-mailed the bustie who began this thread and she is BV free today because she used the aci-gel to keep her BV at bay. I think eventually she found a diet/routine that worked for her so maybe she stopped using the aci-gel, but I do know that is what really helped her. I tried to find it online but they had discontinued it. It's good to know I can order it as bio-fem now. I'm going to check into that right away. Thanks guys!

sassy
do you know if she uses it every day? every other day? i'm using biofem now and i skipped one day and i felt it coming back, so since i've been using it everyday. i wonder if i have to do this everyday for the rest off my life? i've been taking femd everyday since april and i've done it vaginally about 5-8 times in the past 2 weeks. but thank god for the bio fem, never felt better but, i thought the metrogel would kill the bv since i did it for 20 days then i started the biofem right afterwards. when i felt the bv coming back when i skipped that one day i was very disappointed but hopefully the biofem will eventually kill the bv for good by keeping the vagina at the right ph.

+Quote Post
hopeless425
post Aug 18 2008, 01:09 PM
Post #1350

I used to get BV constantly, i was finally rid of it for a couple months, and i started taking BC and everything seems to be doing fine, i had never been so happy. (I completely believe that my bf semen was the cause) Anyways, i got a new bf for 5 months now, and i quit taking BC about a month or two ago, and now its back. with a vengence sad.gif I was trying to piece things together as to why i would get it now after this time..(he did cum in me and it was all good) and the only thing that i can think of is that I got off the BC (during the BC i didnt have a period) and now without the BC i am all out of whack, with the period and now i can't handle him to cum in me because it makes it worse--the only way i see it is by taking the BC and not having period it for some reason just didn't make me get it...now thats its back i guess im going to start takin my BC again...but as to get rid of it..i dont have insurance and antibiotics never worked for me, it always came back,
i see a lot of ppl are having success with FemD? is it worth buying? i really need something, i started taking folic acid n probiotics and rephresh, but its not working that well...any help grately appreciated... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

+Quote Post
sassy
post Aug 16 2008, 03:55 AM
Post #1351

Hardcore BUSTie

Just a little side note on the aci-gel/bio-fem. A while back I e-mailed the bustie who began this thread and she is BV free today because she used the aci-gel to keep her BV at bay. I think eventually she found a diet/routine that worked for her so maybe she stopped using the aci-gel, but I do know that is what really helped her. I tried to find it online but they had discontinued it. It's good to know I can order it as bio-fem now. I'm going to check into that right away. Thanks guys!

+Quote Post
greeneyyes
post Aug 15 2008, 09:52 AM
Post #1352

BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Aug 12 2008, 02:19 PM) *
How long do you think that will last you? Any idea - meaning $37.00 isn't a drop in the bucket, will it last a while? Will a little dab do ya? Also, I've never bought anything from the UK. How do they do the transaction? Can I use a credit card? Thanks for answering!

Damsel- I have barely made a dent in over three weeks. It comes in a tube with an applicator and I think that it will last me at least 2 months. I have never gone 3 days without using it just as the insert suggests. I am not sure if I will ever be completely free without using anything at all, but bio-fem is working for me and I feel so "normal" that it is worth the cost. I did get mine through expresschemist. com. I started with one tube, but next time I am going to order 3 since my credit card company froze my credit card due to suspicious activity LOL. I had to jump through hoops to prove that I made the charges (gotta love Bank of America).

It does not take that much, just a little squirt and you feel the sting and I am good for a couple of days. I will note that the stinging when using after sex will bring you to your KNEES, but it only lasts for 30 seconds!

+Quote Post
JJ27
post Aug 14 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #1353

BUSTie

Thank you for your input but not crazy about antibiotics. I like herbal remedies and now that the FEM D kicked in I'm good for now.. wink.gif What I'm thinking of doing (I read this below) is using it vaginally after sex to keep the PH balanced. I'll let you know how it goes.

QUOTE(bianca black @ Aug 8 2008, 02:37 AM) *
hey jj27-

I had recurrent bv for about a year. I tried many kinds of antibiotics, yogurt, acv, etc, etc. It would always come back. Then I got a sinus infection and was prescribed Avelox by my ear, nose and throat doc. It was very expensive (about $120 for seven pills, no generic available) and it made me nauseous as hell. At the end of the treatment, my sinus infection was cured and my bv was also gone, never to be seen again (it has been 7 months)!!! I told my gyno about this and he said he didn't know about Avelox, so go figure. I also did not take any preventative steps toward possible yeast infection, and Avelox did not give me one. Hope this info helps.

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Aug 13 2008, 09:18 AM
Post #1354

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Aug 12 2008, 03:04 PM) *
hi damselindistress

go to these websites to purchase and yes you can purchase with a creditcard....http://www.biofem.co.uk/ or http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/Bio-Fem_Actigel_50ml.html. i bought mine from the second website but i've also known some ladies that have used the first one too. with the expresschemist website you get a little discount when you purchase 3 tubes. shipping is expensive but it is well worth it. hope this helps....

good luck to you honnie!!!!!

BTW, the tea tree seems to be doin' its thing. I went to the doctor yesterday, no bacteria, no excess discharge, urine clean. Soooo, I've found a cheap way to manage the BV, but I'd sure like to find a way to keep it from comin' around at all, ya know? That's why I'm asking about the actigel. Keep me posted on how well it helps. When I get some funds, I might give it a try. Thanks, so happy and good luck to you too!

+Quote Post
SBlade
post Aug 12 2008, 03:53 PM
Post #1355

Hello Ladies,
I have only just found this site and i can say that i thought i was alone in the battle against BV-had is nearly every month for 10 years and at my wits end. I used to use AciJel which kept it at bay, they when i went to get some more i was told it was discontinued mad.gif , but this other product sounds promising, i am now going to search for it and get some!!
THanks you all
S

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Aug 12 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #1356

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(greeneyyes @ Aug 12 2008, 12:57 PM) *
I am working on my third week, but I just feel different. There is no burning, DEFINITELY no odor which was a big concern for me. Now I just have this smell-not bad, just my smell. I do not use condoms-but I do use it after sex. I wanted to keep my regimine as simple as possible so I said that I would start small and add on as I go. I do not take fem-d everyday like I should. I am so mobile that I forget it sometimes, but I take it when I remember rolleyes.gif I cried tears of joy-I sat indian style in a room full of people with no fear.

greeneyyes

i'm so happy for you. i'm working on my 2nd week. i'm not feeling "100% normal" but no more smell, burning, and the discharge is 95% gone. this bio fem is wonderful!!! keep us updated and i will do the same. i hope i'm on my way to better health!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Aug 12 2008, 02:04 PM
Post #1357

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Aug 12 2008, 02:19 PM) *
How long do you think that will last you? Any idea - meaning $37.00 isn't a drop in the bucket, will it last a while? Will a little dab do ya? Also, I've never bought anything from the UK. How do they do the transaction? Can I use a credit card? Thanks for answering!

hi damselindistress

go to these websites to purchase and yes you can purchase with a creditcard....http://www.biofem.co.uk/ or http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/Bio-Fem_Actigel_50ml.html. i bought mine from the second website but i've also known some ladies that have used the first one too. with the expresschemist website you get a little discount when you purchase 3 tubes. shipping is expensive but it is well worth it. hope this helps....

good luck to you honnie!!!!!

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Aug 12 2008, 01:19 PM
Post #1358

BUSTie

QUOTE(greeneyyes @ Aug 9 2008, 01:47 PM) *
Hey,
I have not posted in a while but wanted to share my progess. I have suffered with bv for at least 10 years and I FINALLY found something that is working for me - I convinced my doctor to give me one last round of antibiotics since they tend to work for me for at least 3 days after I finish the prescription. I continued to take one fem-dolph once a day even though it did not work for me alone. I ordered bio-fem from the UK (kinda like aci-jel, I read about it here) and I use it after sex and I am free. Including shipping the bio-fem costs me around 37.00.
I just wanted to share what is working for me and I will be sure to update. Be strong ladies and find what will work for you

+Quote Post
greeneyyes
post Aug 12 2008, 11:57 AM
Post #1359

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Aug 11 2008, 12:06 PM) *
hi greeneyyes

that's wonderful that you are bv free!!!! YAY!!!! how long have you been bv free? i've been using the aci-gel/bio fem for about 2-3 weeks now and i think i am bv free too. but i've also been using femd vaginally with the gel. i would do 2-3 days gel then 2-3 days femd vaginally. oh, i'm also taking it orally.

mg86,

i don't know much about the odor thing, but i do know that all of us ladies do have some kind of odor. hope this helps......have you done femd vaginally yet? let me know hon. hopefully we are on our way to NO MORE BV!!!!!

sooo sad

I am working on my third week, but I just feel different. There is no burning, DEFINITELY no odor which was a big concern for me. Now I just have this smell-not bad, just my smell. I do not use condoms-but I do use it after sex. I wanted to keep my regimine as simple as possible so I said that I would start small and add on as I go. I do not take fem-d everyday like I should. I am so mobile that I forget it sometimes, but I take it when I remember rolleyes.gif I cried tears of joy-I sat indian style in a room full of people with no fear.

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Aug 11 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #1360

Hardcore BUSTie

ladies

hi,
i just wanted to give a little update. last month i did 20, YES 20 days of metrogel. then after that i did a aci-gel/biofem(ordered from uk). for 2-3 days then femd vaginally for 2-3 days. i just finished my period 2 days ago and i was soooo terrified that the bv would come back but so far still good. i think i'm gonna continue to do the aci gel and vaginal femd, alternating between the 2. oh, still taking femd orally, EVERYDAY!!! i also do acigel after sex and i am using a condom too. i'm gonna stick with condoms for about 2-3 months to make sure my vagina is strong enough to handle sex without it....lol! no weird, smelly discharge, no burning laugh.gif . i'm sooo happy! hopefully this is my cure. i will keep everyone updated.

sooo sad...aka "sooo happy"

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 66 67 68 69 70 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 29, 2014 - 03:33 AM