271 Pages V  « < 116 117 118 119 120 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
fbgirl987
post Dec 29 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #2341

BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 29 2007, 12:16 AM) *
Hi Neverending! When I ordered from the easy-md site I got my meds in about 10 days just as the website promised. I figured it would take several weeks for it to arrive considering it was being shipped from overseas, so I was very surprised when it actually came on time.

Are the meds just like what we get with a prescription- or are they different? I ask because I remember someone saying their Flagyl was yellow...and they werent sure it was the right med.
I am thinking of ordering another round of Flagyl from the site to keep here as backup.

--------------------
"Insanity is the only sane reaction to an insane society. -Thomas Szas
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
yme30
post Dec 29 2007, 08:34 AM
Post #2342

BUSTie

Hi members, I just found out via email from easy.md.com that my order for flagyl didn't process for the 8th time so maybe its a sign, so I made the dreaded decision to go to the doctor soon after all the new years hoopla. I am still waiting on my tea tree oil from vitacost though, and I hope that helps. Going to the doctor yet again to get all poked and prodded. Forget the war in Iraq theres an on-going battle thats raging inside of me right now, HELP!!! I know, TMI. Bye for now.

+Quote Post
fotogal
post Dec 29 2007, 08:09 AM
Post #2343

QUOTE(CanCan @ Dec 28 2007, 07:13 PM) *
Have you ever had your progesterone levels tested? My OB/GYN gave me a prescription for progesterone vaginal gel - it helps prevent miscarriages. It also helps with estrogen dominant BV.

I have almost all of my records from the 3 Dr's I've seen about this. I will go back and look to see if those blood tests are in with any of them. I'm sure the RN I saw did those tests b/c she did a lot of blood work checking folic acid, iron, thyroid, etc. She seemed very thorough on the blood, but something to check into! Thanks! Reading on this forum, I seem to recall that I had a lot less trouble when I was on the pill....I may need to do a little checking on my dates, but something to check also! Right now, it just seems that the boric acid, tee trea oil, and HP treatments are not something I need to explore with the pregnancy.....just wondered if anyone else had experienced this with pregnancy and what they did to get through it!

+Quote Post
glitzz
post Dec 29 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #2344

oh and i also went to gnc and purchased some organic soap , they had a couple to choose from but i preferred lavender, i found out when i used regular scented soaps my symptoms got kinda worse , so to make sure i keep my bv at bay i only use organic all natural soap and only 100% cotton under wear victoria secret pink has some really cute ones (so u wont feel forced to wear the granny panties from hanes at wallmart sad.gif ) i guess some of us are more sensitive than others so we have to take extra precautions and try to make the best out of our bad situations

+Quote Post
glitzz
post Dec 29 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #2345

QUOTE(mg86 @ Dec 28 2007, 11:07 PM) *
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie and thankful to have found this forum. Obviously I am suffering from chronic/recurrent BV, but just to give you a little background...I first noticed symptoms after a long course of antibiotics, and, thinking it was a yeast infection tried to treat myself with over the counter treatments...I eventually made a doctor's visit which began the first of many treatments with Flagyl. I have been to 4 different doctors, 2 of which were OBGYNs. I have been on Flagyl, Metro Gel, and Clindenesse (seems to help the most.)

It is almost always there...except for like one or two days after my period. I have not been to the doctor in several months as I am no longer sexually active and was hoping it would clear up on its own. I recently tried a box of rePHresh which seemed to help a little, but didn't do much. I tried taking some L. Acidopholus capsules orally, which also did not help at all. Someone on another forum, which you may want to check out if you haven't (http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=7675) suggested inserting Stonyfield Farms Organic Plain yogurt (supposed to contain a certain kind of culture), I tried this, which didn't really seem to help, but it is worth a shot.

The biggest culprit for me is the odor. The discharge has DRASTICALLY improved since I first had it a year ago. There is some itching/redness present.

I have been suffering with this condition for a little over a year now. I am 21 years old. Reading other posts and seeing people have suffered for DECADES scares me!

I was wondering if someone could type up a little list of some alternative treatments, I have been doing some reading for months now but I am confused on how/how long to use certain treatments, etc.

Also, can anyone give any advice as to starting a new relationship? I am single at the moment, but I fear for the day when I will have to explain it to someone. The BV surfaced during a relationship that has since ended, and he was very understanding about it.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can provide.

hi im also 21 and very new to this whole bv thing i first realized i had it about a month ago when i had shocking smell and some weird discharge i thought i had a yeast infection too but the yeast meds didnt work, i also tried the yogurt soaked tampon bit and that didn't work either anywho long story short i did some research on the net and found out alot of women recommended boric acid i tried it and it worked amazingly, the symptom i wanted to get rid of most was that horrid and embarrassing smell and that was gone after the first night i used the boric acid. its definately worth a try

+Quote Post
glitzz
post Dec 29 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #2346

QUOTE(mg86 @ Dec 28 2007, 11:07 PM) *
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie and thankful to have found this forum. Obviously I am suffering from chronic/recurrent BV, but just to give you a little background...I first noticed symptoms after a long course of antibiotics, and, thinking it was a yeast infection tried to treat myself with over the counter treatments...I eventually made a doctor's visit which began the first of many treatments with Flagyl. I have been to 4 different doctors, 2 of which were OBGYNs. I have been on Flagyl, Metro Gel, and Clindenesse (seems to help the most.)

It is almost always there...except for like one or two days after my period. I have not been to the doctor in several months as I am no longer sexually active and was hoping it would clear up on its own. I recently tried a box of rePHresh which seemed to help a little, but didn't do much. I tried taking some L. Acidopholus capsules orally, which also did not help at all. Someone on another forum, which you may want to check out if you haven't (http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=7675) suggested inserting Stonyfield Farms Organic Plain yogurt (supposed to contain a certain kind of culture), I tried this, which didn't really seem to help, but it is worth a shot.

The biggest culprit for me is the odor. The discharge has DRASTICALLY improved since I first had it a year ago. There is some itching/redness present.

I have been suffering with this condition for a little over a year now. I am 21 years old. Reading other posts and seeing people have suffered for DECADES scares me!

I was wondering if someone could type up a little list of some alternative treatments, I have been doing some reading for months now but I am confused on how/how long to use certain treatments, etc.

Also, can anyone give any advice as to starting a new relationship? I am single at the moment, but I fear for the day when I will have to explain it to someone. The BV surfaced during a relationship that has since ended, and he was very understanding about it.

hi im also 21 and very new to this whole bv thing i first realized i had it about a month ago when i had shocking smell and some weird discharge i thought i had a yeast infection too but the yeast meds didnt work, i also tried the yogurt soaked tampon bit and that didn't work either anywho long story short i did some research on the net and found out alot of women recommended boric acid i tried it and it worked amazingly, the symptom i wanted to get rid of most was that horrid and embarrassing smell and that was gone after the first night i used the boric acid. its definately worth a try

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 28 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #2347

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Dec 29 2007, 12:04 AM) *
Is easy-md a good place to order stuff from? I don't want to pay and not receive the product. I see they have depression meds and you don't need a prescription.Thanx

Hi Neverending! When I ordered from the easy-md site I got my meds in about 10 days just as the website promised. I figured it would take several weeks for it to arrive considering it was being shipped from overseas, so I was very surprised when it actually came on time.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 28 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #2348

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 28 2007, 09:25 PM) *
Hi Jularee, I just ordered mine from easy-md yesterday and I ordered the tea tree oil too. I am hoping that this will solve my BV. Thanks for the info now I have an idea about how to take the flagyl, man I really hope this works!!!

Is easy-md a good place to order stuff from? I don't want to pay and not receive the product. I see they have depression meds and you don't need a prescription.Thanx

+Quote Post
mg86
post Dec 28 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #2349

BUSTie

Hi everyone,

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Dec 28 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #2350

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(fotogal @ Dec 28 2007, 12:50 PM) *
Hello All! I stumbled upon this site by accident and am sooooo glad I did! I have had BV on and off for years....probably dating back to my teens when the term was coined "Gardnerella". Never really had chronic BV until right after I had my second child 5 years ago when I (yes, I know, very stupid!) started taking a breast enhancement pill which consisted of nothing but Bovine ovary. So after the intitial BV diagnosis....you guessed it....chronic BV/yeast infection ping pong! My OB/Gyn is an old-schooler, but the very best in pregnancy and ultrasounds which is why I am still with him. Needless to say, I found a local RN (woman) that was well versed in treating BV, so I saw her behind my OB's back. We tried several things including the antibiotic treatments which (as you all know) work for a while and then it all just creeps back. She finally convinced me to use Relagard on a daily basis for a month or so and then just a few times a week or after sexual intercourse. While all this was going on, I was also having abnormal paps which also lasted until last year and my OB (remember, old-school) kept wanting to treat with freezing and ultimately wanted to do a very invasive conization, which I would absolutely not let him do since I was only diagnosed with mild dysplasia once out of the whole 3 years of "abnormal" paps and did a lot of research on women who had conizations and tried to concieve afterwards (not a good combo). I have 2 children right now and we wanted a third, but in the midst of all these problems did not seem like a good plan. After the Relagard treatment, things got a lot better and I have not had BV for about 2 years. Last Dec(2006), I got pregnant and got my first normal Pap in 3 years. I have gotten normal paps every 3 months since and so far, so good on that issue! I had a miscarriage in Feb. when I was 9.5 weeks pregnant, but have not had any BV issues. I am now thankfully 15 weeks pregnant and at my 12 week appt. was diagnosed with BV at my appt. I was itching and had a mild odor which I was sure was BV, but was so scared to have this during pregnancy. I have not used the Relagard in about 1 year b/c I got used to not having it and with the pregnancies, didn't even think about it. I know that my husband's semen and oral sex are what triggers my BV...which is a good thing to know. But my dilemma is what do I do now that I'm pregnant and have BV? I have read almost all of the posts, and have not run across anything that discusses BV and pregnancy. My Dr. was at odds b/c the trusty Metronidizol is not safe during the first trimester, so he put me on Clindamyacin cream for 5 days (1/2 dose at bedtime). I did this 3 weeks ago and I am still itching, but don't know if it is BV or yeast....I suspect BV. My next appt. is Jan. 3. I also have totally scared myself silly about the risk of BV in the first trimester by reading all of the studies and such on the internet. Basically, late miscarriage and Preterm labor are HUGE risks with BV in the first trimester. And after having a miscarriage with the last pregnancy.......I am scared as ever to go through that again! And, of course, my husband has been patient, but does NOT understand all this (and doesn't want to). He just knows that it means no intercourse, and that doesn't go over very well. I know he thinks I'm over-reacting, but I know that if we have intercourse......here we go again! Condoms are in our future, but until this BV is cleared up, I am so miserable....I don't want to have sex! My first priority is getting this baby to full term and I am hoping someone here can give me some insight to anything during pregnancy that is safe and will help!
Thanks for the great resources here! smile.gif

Have you ever had your progesterone levels tested? My OB/GYN gave me a prescription for progesterone vaginal gel - it helps prevent miscarriages. It also helps with estrogen dominant BV.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Dec 28 2007, 06:47 PM
Post #2351

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Italianwife88 @ Dec 26 2007, 08:03 PM) *
I just went to the doctor today, I was peeing blood...another kidney infection. The doctor things its from taking a tub bath... could be right. I havent had a UTI in a while and now I got one, four days after taking a pretty long tub bath with bubbles and oil in it. I started cipro today and I'll finish with a difulcan for yeast (if i get yeast) and I'll be upping my pro-biotics to keep my good bacteria up. I would love to try those tea tree oil suppositories those look great.

congrats to all those who are in BV free!

Ya, I think that anyone of us that wants to take a bath is taking a chance down there. I always do showers, I took a bath the other day, and two days later had a yeast infection! I haven't had a yeast infection in a very long time. I was on the phone bitching to a girlfriend about it and she told me she had one too! And that she thinks she got it because she was in a jacuzzi the other day! No shit.

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 28 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #2352

BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 28 2007, 03:04 PM) *
Welcome! I've ordered from easy.md also. Great site actually. I took flagyl twice a day for 10 days and so far so good.

Glad things are going well for you too hun. smile.gif You got the Flagyl from that site? Will make a note of that juuust in case;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
yme30
post Dec 28 2007, 02:08 PM
Post #2353

BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 28 2007, 04:04 PM) *
Welcome! I've ordered from easy.md also. Great site actually. I took flagyl twice a day for 10 days and so far so good.

Hi Jularee, I just ordered mine from easy-md yesterday and I ordered the tea tree oil too. I am hoping that this will solve my BV. Thanks for the info now I have an idea about how to take the flagyl, man I really hope this works!!!

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 28 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #2354

BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 28 2007, 01:29 PM) *
hi my friends,
hope you all had a great holiday. I wanted to update you all and say- so far so good (knock on wood). I took the Flagyl and have been loading up on probiotics and other vitamins and also using the Rephresh every 3 days. Seems to have kept it at bay for now....
Have any of you had success with Rephresh? I read somewhere online it is the approved treatment for BV in Europe. Dont know if this is true as their website aims more at odor control and 'non-infectious itching'...but it seems to have worked for me. The only side effect is the discharge after the first day or so when it solidifies but anything up there has to come out somehow i guess.

glad to hear things are going well for you! i used rephresh last year and it actually kept my odor away for a few months after using a couple of tubes. but sadly i think my body got immuned to it or something because i tried it again this past summer and it did nothing for my symptoms. good luck with everything!

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 28 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #2355

BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 28 2007, 10:45 AM) *
Anyway just needed to get these things off my chest and I have a question for Bella, you said you ordered your flagyl from easy-md right? How often did you take it? Congrats on being BV free, oh how I envy you.

+Quote Post
fotogal
post Dec 28 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #2356

Hello All! I stumbled upon this site by accident and am sooooo glad I did! I have had BV on and off for years....probably dating back to my teens when the term was coined "Gardnerella". Never really had chronic BV until right after I had my second child 5 years ago when I (yes, I know, very stupid!) started taking a breast enhancement pill which consisted of nothing but Bovine ovary. So after the intitial BV diagnosis....you guessed it....chronic BV/yeast infection ping pong! My OB/Gyn is an old-schooler, but the very best in pregnancy and ultrasounds which is why I am still with him. Needless to say, I found a local RN (woman) that was well versed in treating BV, so I saw her behind my OB's back. We tried several things including the antibiotic treatments which (as you all know) work for a while and then it all just creeps back. She finally convinced me to use Relagard on a daily basis for a month or so and then just a few times a week or after sexual intercourse. While all this was going on, I was also having abnormal paps which also lasted until last year and my OB (remember, old-school) kept wanting to treat with freezing and ultimately wanted to do a very invasive conization, which I would absolutely not let him do since I was only diagnosed with mild dysplasia once out of the whole 3 years of "abnormal" paps and did a lot of research on women who had conizations and tried to concieve afterwards (not a good combo). I have 2 children right now and we wanted a third, but in the midst of all these problems did not seem like a good plan. After the Relagard treatment, things got a lot better and I have not had BV for about 2 years. Last Dec(2006), I got pregnant and got my first normal Pap in 3 years. I have gotten normal paps every 3 months since and so far, so good on that issue! I had a miscarriage in Feb. when I was 9.5 weeks pregnant, but have not had any BV issues. I am now thankfully 15 weeks pregnant and at my 12 week appt. was diagnosed with BV at my appt. I was itching and had a mild odor which I was sure was BV, but was so scared to have this during pregnancy. I have not used the Relagard in about 1 year b/c I got used to not having it and with the pregnancies, didn't even think about it. I know that my husband's semen and oral sex are what triggers my BV...which is a good thing to know. But my dilemma is what do I do now that I'm pregnant and have BV? I have read almost all of the posts, and have not run across anything that discusses BV and pregnancy. My Dr. was at odds b/c the trusty Metronidizol is not safe during the first trimester, so he put me on Clindamyacin cream for 5 days (1/2 dose at bedtime). I did this 3 weeks ago and I am still itching, but don't know if it is BV or yeast....I suspect BV. My next appt. is Jan. 3. I also have totally scared myself silly about the risk of BV in the first trimester by reading all of the studies and such on the internet. Basically, late miscarriage and Preterm labor are HUGE risks with BV in the first trimester. And after having a miscarriage with the last pregnancy.......I am scared as ever to go through that again! And, of course, my husband has been patient, but does NOT understand all this (and doesn't want to). He just knows that it means no intercourse, and that doesn't go over very well. I know he thinks I'm over-reacting, but I know that if we have intercourse......here we go again! Condoms are in our future, but until this BV is cleared up, I am so miserable....I don't want to have sex! My first priority is getting this baby to full term and I am hoping someone here can give me some insight to anything during pregnancy that is safe and will help!
Thanks for the great resources here! smile.gif

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 28 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #2357

BUSTie

hi my friends,
hope you all had a great holiday. I wanted to update you all and say- so far so good (knock on wood). I took the Flagyl and have been loading up on probiotics and other vitamins and also using the Rephresh every 3 days. Seems to have kept it at bay for now....
Have any of you had success with Rephresh? I read somewhere online it is the approved treatment for BV in Europe. Dont know if this is true as their website aims more at odor control and 'non-infectious itching'...but it seems to have worked for me. The only side effect is the discharge after the first day or so when it solidifies but anything up there has to come out somehow i guess.

--------------------

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Dec 28 2007, 08:51 AM
Post #2358

Hardcore BUSTie

for those of you allergic to sulfas (i'm one of them) i've used a natural anti-fungal capsule called 'pau d arco'... may want to try that instead. but do please do your research, as not all natural products are completely safe either.

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
yme30
post Dec 28 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #2359

BUSTie

Hi all, I am Yme30, I have been reading here for a little over a month now and I am anxious to post my story. I have had BV since I was a 14 year old virgin, I never thought that one day I would wake up and be plague by BV for the rest of my life, its as if all my innocence was ripped from me yet on the outside I was innocent. I made decent grades, wasn't into boys, and obeyed my parents. It hurts when you have to re-arrange your life as a young teen around a foul smelling odor. Now here I am almost 30, afraid to have sex with anyone afraid to get too close to anyone. Why did this happen to me? Why is there not a strong cure for this BV? Why do women even get this s--t?

Anyway just needed to get these things off my chest and I have a question for Bella, you said you ordered your flagyl from easy-md right? How often did you take it? Congrats on being BV free, oh how I envy you.

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 27 2007, 11:52 PM
Post #2360

BUSTie

QUOTE(holly @ Dec 28 2007, 01:53 AM) *
thanks! and no, i have not. i havent gone about BV. I thought it was a yeast infection all those times..plus it cleared up on its own. so figured that was it..but since its reoccuring + theres no itchiness..im thinking this is it.

if you're able to, you might wanna get a 'formal diagnosis' from your doc just to be sure it's BV. after that you can try some of the things mentioned in the previous posts to see what works for you if you decide not to go the antibiotic route. good luck!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 116 117 118 119 120 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 30, 2014 - 09:40 AM