The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 85 86 87 88 89 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
auralpoison
post Sep 5 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #1721

Big Fat Bitch

I hate wacky tie guy. Wacky tie = LAMER.

I think when a newsboy cap gets too big it is no longer a newsboy cap. It becomes an "applejack" hat. Maybe that girl was a locker (Popping & locking preceding break dancing. Think Rerun style.)? That sounds like a locker look, especially with the knickers.

Wombat, I have a *single* chin hair that I have to pluck off & on. I do the strays on my brow. I also have one that grows out of my right breast. There are a few stragglers on my toes/feet. But I pluck. I take a perverse joy in the plucking of weird body hair.

I don't shave my pits, but I did used to wax my cooch. HB prefers that I have a bush, so who am I to complain? I save money/time on not waxing & it turns him on.

When I didn't hate my mom, I used to pluck her copious face hairs. She can look like ZZTop & I still won't pluck her facial hair. The hair is blonde & very fine & difficult to see. It was weird. It took almost a half an hour to get them all & since I didn't see her but every few weeks I was plucking inch long hairs out of her face.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Sep 5 2006, 04:56 PM
Post #1722

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

quietmadness, she sounds like a reject from a psychedelic production of Oliver!

I saw a man with a black necktie, single broken white line down the middle, and a micro-machine car stitched to the fabric in such a way as to be driving up his tie. He looked like Sigmund Freud, too. So dignified, with his car tie.

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Sep 5 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #1723

Hardcore BUSTie

blink.gif ohmy.gif

She had on, from the bottom up:

Chunky black combat-like boots, with seriously THICK soles.
Blue-pink tie-dyed style socks--scrunched.
Those "pantaloon-ish" knicker pants-blue.
White t-shirt---wife beater style.
BIG OL' PAPERBOY HAT---BIG. sad.gif

WTF?

+Quote Post
curioushair
post Sep 5 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #1724

Hardcore BUSTie

Before I forget these:

Male. Mid-sixties, maybe. Rock-star skinny, tee, cut-offs, BLACK SOCKS PULLED UP TO THE KNEES WORN WITH SANDALS, cowboy hat--not on his head, sitting atop his briefcase (?) which was next to his sandal shod, black-socked feet.

Whew....

Deuce

Youngish (I'd say 26, 27) woman, black top, knee-length black skirt slit to the thigh, chunky black boots. That doesn't sound sooo bad, but as I spied those clunky boots I could hear Stacy London screaming all the way from the What Not To Wear studios in New York. She looked European, boot-girl, I mean. With a sexy accent, she may have pulled it off.

--------------------
Standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Sep 4 2006, 09:23 AM
Post #1725

Hardcore BUSTie

saw some jackass actor from Desperate Housewives on some tv interview, He was in a white polo shirt, black and white plaid sports jacket, jeans, and FLIP FLOPS! wtf. why oh why ?

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Sep 3 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #1726

Hardcore BUSTie

xing fingers for hammer-pants to come back in vogue too.

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Sep 2 2006, 05:16 PM
Post #1727

Hardcore BUSTie

You're in St. Louis, too? So am I, and so is Pagangrrl.

I'd still rather see the Madonna Wannabe look than Ashley Olsen Threw Up.

+Quote Post
curioushair
post Sep 1 2006, 10:34 AM
Post #1728

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh the Madonna look is in full swing. I just saw someone --young enough to still be crapping her shorts in 1987--rocking the leggings under the mini + big hair look. And St. Louis isn't exactly a mecca of high fashion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wombat
post Sep 1 2006, 08:34 AM
Post #1729

Dragon Velocity

I'm so glad I didn't throw my pointy-toed, ankle-high, lace up boots away! They are my only remaining all leather shoes, besides my job interview shoes. I take them to the shoemaker to be reheeled regularly and I treat them with Lexol.

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
pepper
post Aug 31 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #1730

what the hell indeed my friend. scary beyond reason.

mullet + scrunchie = the worst

blech.

+Quote Post
kelkello
post Aug 31 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #1731

The rest is gravy...

Mullet + Scrunchie = The worst.

When did the Madonna circa "Dress You Up in My Love" look come back? I was in Target last night and there was a woman wearing the following ensemble: brown calf length leggings, acid washed denim mini skirt, ankle books with pointy heels, brown lace tank, strands upon strands of jangly necklaces, earrings the size of dinner plates and huge hair that looked like a bear had been chewing on it. What the hell?

--------------------
The greatest instance of serendipity since penicillin.

+Quote Post
curioushair
post Aug 31 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #1732

Hardcore BUSTie

It's a gallimaufry of bad fashion! Vote for your fav:

a. Guy whose fashion sense recalls Marky Mark circa 1991
b. Mega-mullet man
c. Mega-mullet woman with scrunchie
d. Woman in ankle-length, leopard-print skirt and diaphanous floral-print peasant blouse

(Wanna hear something really embarrassing? I seem to be suffering some kind of reverse dyslexia. I, for the life of me, could not remember how to spell scrunchie, and I typoed length--twice, yet I correctly spelled gallimaufry and diaphanous.)

I think.

Edit: Arrrrghhh!

--------------------

+Quote Post
wombat
post Aug 31 2006, 07:27 AM
Post #1733

Dragon Velocity

Now, now, notice I said "CONTRASTY" of dark hair on pale skin. I'm not putting down people with darker skin, obviously darker hair on darker skin would not be contrasty.

I have some chin hairs that I didn't get until I passed 35 or so. I don't see a problem with shaving them. I guess I'm lucky that shaving doesn't bother me, I just use a thick moisturizing hippie moisturizer and a really good sharp Sensor razor.

I also shave a few on nipples and above belly button. Pits. Arms if they get out of hand. Legs. If I do cooch or get boyfriend to do cooch, great sex will follow, but stubble on those lips that fold in against the very most tender parts - aaagh! I'd have to balance the amount of masochism I have -- not much -- against the sex, and I can still have sex when still hairy, so the cooch stays furry.

I have one small mole on my chin and very carefully shave off two hairs that grow out. Gross. I am getting my teeth whitened and the next step is to get rid of the little mole. It makes me feel like Broomhilda. However, until I don't have more fun, more pressing things to spend money on, I put it out of my mind.

There is a famous spa near where I work that does a great, painless, not grotesquely obvious-china-doll-cartoon-character job on waxing the brows. I should go every, like, two months or so. I'm a little overdue.

The woman I was talking about was on the subway, white, redheaded, very pale skin, very dark arm hair very copious -- again, I don't feel like condemning women for hair. It just seemed easy to fix. Maybe it isn't. It's not something Id be nasty to her about.

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
kelkello
post Aug 30 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #1734

The rest is gravy...

My mom had this zit-like thing on her face for a while and one day she went to squeezin' at it. It popped and out unfurled this long curly face hair. It was absolutely foul. I don't care if someone plucks, shaves, waxes or not. I don't pluck my eyebrows even though they are crooked as hell. But if my face starts producing fully formed curls, I will draw the damned line. I will be a plucker.

--------------------
The greatest instance of serendipity since penicillin.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Aug 30 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #1735

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

I have always lived in communities with lots of Indo-Canadians, Italian-Canadians, Greek-Canadians, etc., and find that dark arm hair (and other body hair) is just as normal as no visible hair or light-coloured hair. (Also, I think women with visible body hair are more "normal" in British Columbia, b/c this is where all the hippies congregate.) Honestly, I don't really notice people's body hair, and I do see the expectation that women have to lighten and/or get rid of it as being not only sexist, but sometimes racist, because blonde is considered more acceptable than dark body hair. I've also dated some very hairy women, and found them quite sexy! Hair is normal! We're supposed to have it!

When I was 13, I experimented and shaved my arms, and it grew back thicker and darker. It's light-coloured now, and though it's visible, it doesn't bother me. As my stepmother once said, as we compared arm hair when I was about 15, "Thank god we don't have to do our arms, too, eh?"

When I was in my early '20s, I had this little patch of about 5 thick, dark hairs on the underside of my jaw. I started with plucking, but then I moved on to waxing and shaving it, because it always grew back worse (more and darker - and, as I would often accidentally shaved too far out, it grew in a wider and wider patch). Now I just Nair the whole underside of my jaw. I am very self-conscious about it, even though it's not that visible - mainly I get rid of it because I don't like the way it FEELS when it grows back! I am thinking about laser treatment.

I also have a facial mole that I pluck as soon as I see even the tiniest hair growth, b/c when I was an overly-insecure 18-year old waitress, I always had to serve this woman who had long, dark curly hairs growing out of a facial mole, and I thought it looked really, really creepy...I've always been paranoid, ever since. And I do eyebrows, but I doubt anyone would notice if I didn't do them. I do it because Carmindy says it makes your eyes look bigger. smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
pepper
post Aug 30 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #1736

ditto to the chinny-chin-chin hairs, which i also pluck, and the dratted sproutlets in the breastage area too, not my favourite. i have a friend who obviously has to shave spots here and there where women generally don't grow hair, i know it bothers her though she's never discussed it outright with me.
meh, whatever. if it were my arms i wouldn't shave them either. shaving and other hair removal is Never not painful for me so even though i still do my legs and bikini i'd draw the line at the rest of my body. it may be "easy to shave" but i pay for it with weeks of ingrowns and rashes. why the heck bother?

i'm calling a CoF on myself again. i went out in jammies. green terry fleece pants, sloppy ancient t-shirt, black zip front sweater covered with icky sweater pills, and bright orange socks. atrocious.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Aug 30 2006, 05:26 PM
Post #1737

Hardcore BUSTie

as a hirsute jewess I have nothing but mad love for people who are comfortable with their hairy selves.

I do tend to get a moustache and just get too lazy to remove it but now I am starting to get a few coarse chin hairs that I pluck religously. I would have the frieda monobrow but I pluck. I do dress up like her for special occasions and I will stop plucking my eyebrows and leave my lip for about a month then I still have to draw more hair in.

my father was given the nickname silver back gorilla, he is covered head to toe in hair. the hairest man I have ever seen. compared to him . I call my husband the hair less wonder.

a friend of mine was showing me her husbands back hair, and to me it was nothing. Not even fazed by the back hair.

+Quote Post
wombat
post Aug 30 2006, 12:48 PM
Post #1738

Dragon Velocity

I'm talking about large amounts of very contrasty hair on somethng that's easy to shave... I'm not bugging about little girls with hair. also, I refuse to pluck my eyebrows.

I'm not sure anyone should remove hair in such a place/way that it causes them pain.

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Aug 30 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #1739

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I wonder if fina saw that? she has a thing for hairy men ... or, maybe that's just their chests?

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
dusty
post Aug 30 2006, 12:38 PM
Post #1740

Hardcore BUSTie

Glamour magazine went to town last month on men with hairy backs. So unnecessary, so mean.

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 85 86 87 88 89 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 26, 2014 - 12:19 AM