The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

38 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> large breast support group (cuz we actually need it!)
anna k
post Jun 19 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #581

Hardcore BUSTie

At this moment, I love my breasts. They're full and lovely and suit my body well. I feel like a petulant little dame with my Victorian looks, full bust, and nice waist and hips. I feel very good right now, and feel very ladylike.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Jun 11 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #582

Hardcore BUSTie

it was something i'd always considered, but not until my general dr. suggested the surgery, and i started investigating everything, did i really want to pursue. when you learn all the facts and risks, then you can decide better if and when you want to do it.

one big risk is possible not being able to breastfeed. if you are certain you want to have children and want to breastfeed them, then maybe it's best to wait until you're done having babies.

+Quote Post
Flagpole_Sitta
post Jun 10 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #583

QUOTE(nickclick @ Apr 9 2007, 01:17 PM) *
i had breast reduction surgery two 1/2 years ago, so any questions... fire away!

What made you decide to have a reduction...was there a point where you knew that this was what you had to do or wanted to do? I'm not at that point yet im only 21 but i wonder down the line what i may have to deal with my grandmother wears a size g bra i beileve...i dont think i can handle that.

--------------------
Another stone rolls over The republic is just one more year older But way out in the distance We see you draw your pistols and aim at us

+Quote Post
nickclick
post May 25 2007, 07:48 AM
Post #584

Hardcore BUSTie

how 'bout, don't be so goddamn repulsive, and maybe a real girl will want to come near you with a 10-foot pole.

+Quote Post
dolor
post May 24 2007, 05:27 PM
Post #585

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, one thing that women have to worry about is the perpetual obnoxiousness of eattre & co.

--------------------
mostly to all over

+Quote Post
erinjane
post May 22 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #586

Hardcore BUSTie

Seems like everyone is different in terms of losing/gaining breast weight and size. Mine have never changed with weight gain or loss, not even in the slightest. But then you look at someone like Renee Zellwegger and she seemed to gain and lose a good portion of her weight in her breasts.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post May 21 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #587

Hardcore BUSTie

When I lost weight I went down a cup size. All I lost was like 7 pounds, but I grew an inch taller at the same time (that must have been why I lost weight) so I looked a lot skinnier. My weight has normalized itself by now but it seems to have come back on my stomach and thighs, not the boobs... not that I really mind. They are firmer now and I don't think they'll ever get smaller but I have these weird inverted stretch marks from the shrinkage.

+Quote Post
anna k
post May 21 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #588

Hardcore BUSTie

I exercise a lot and manage my diet, but my breasts still remain the same size. It's more a natural size than just fat, I haven't been able to go down a cup size.

+Quote Post
waves_of_splendo...
post May 21 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #589

BUSTie

QUOTE(p_176 @ May 21 2007, 11:34 AM) *
does exercise make the boobs smaller? i think weight loss does....i'm hoping there's an alternative other than simply having a reduction done - trying to avoid surgery if possible.

Exercise and weight loss will both make your boobs smaller. I lost a cup size when I went on Weight Watchers. But I think it also depends how your body responds to weight loss--mine was quick to lose in the breast department, not so much in the stomach. Your body could work in the opposite way, but in general you'll likely see some boob-loss. Good luck, and I hope you find a way to avoid surgery smile.gif

--------------------
My idea of feminism is self-determination, and it's very open-ended: every woman has the right to become herself, and do whatever she needs to do --Ani Difranco

+Quote Post
nickclick
post May 21 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #590

Hardcore BUSTie

hellot, i agree with waves, i think you're dressing to flatter, not fake it.

p, whenever i've lost weight (the most i've ever lost at once was 25 lbs), my boobs stayed exactly the same. but i have a friend that lost MOST of her weight in her boobs (much to her dismay). i've also heard of women losing/gaining boobs after childbirth. i guess exercise can work to firm 'em up, but i'm not that into exercise to know for sure.

before my breast reduction surgery, my dr. examined my boobs and determined that they were mostly boob-stuff and hardly fat (although i had/have lots of fat in other places!). maybe you could ask the same of your gyno.

+Quote Post
p_176
post May 21 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #591

Hardcore BUSTie

bras that fit apparently lift everything so when someone is looking at you, you seem slimmer. however, in my opinion (and my opinion only) it also makes the boobs look like cannons.....
does exercise make the boobs smaller? i think weight loss does....i'm hoping there's an alternative other than simply having a reduction done - trying to avoid surgery if possible.

+Quote Post
waves_of_splendo...
post May 21 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #592

BUSTie

hellotampon--
That's not dumb at all. I definitely know how you feel, although some of my bras actually do have some padding, so I feel even more like a fraud! I've thought about this a little bit, and I figure that it's not really false advertising anymore than any smaller-breasted girl wearing a wonderbra is, you know? Just as a good pair of jeans makes your butt look rounder/smaller/narrower or your thighs looks thinner/longer/whatever, a good bra simply arranges what you already have into something that you might like a little more. Don't feel bad smile.gif

--------------------
My idea of feminism is self-determination, and it's very open-ended: every woman has the right to become herself, and do whatever she needs to do --Ani Difranco

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post May 11 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #593

Hardcore BUSTie

I just found a 32DD bra at TJ Maxx that fits great, is actually pretty, and it was only $7. I could have died. I can't believe I found a nice bra AND my broke ass could afford it!

Anyway. Do anyone else's boobs look smaller naked? I don't wear padded bras but my boobs are kind of saggy (I guess not anymore than you'd expect for their size though) and wearing a bra makes them look bigger or something. So sometimes I feel like I did back in 10th grade when I had no boobs and worried that my padded bras were false advertising. I know it's stupid but it bothers me to "trick" people- I don't wear makeup or dye my hair or anything so... I don't know. It's dumb.

+Quote Post
erinjane
post May 11 2007, 12:09 PM
Post #594

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't know about fantasie's bathing suits, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my bras from there. I've bought the same one 3 times now because it is so freaking comfortable. Plain black, underwire, non-moulded cups, and 32E. Expensive but worth it. See if any of the specialty lingerie shops in your area have bathing suits. I know that the ones around here do.

I actually found a bikini top I quite liked at Old Navy. I think the top was a large, and I just tied the straps really tight. There's no underwire, but it works well for my body type. The only problem is that because it's a halter style and ties around my neck, after a few hours of continuous wear it can start to hurt my neck from the pressure of trying to hold up my breasts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MelBell
post May 10 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #595

QUOTE(deegurl654 @ Mar 22 2007, 10:57 AM) *
Hey Everyone!! I'm so glad I found this site smile.gif ! I was recently measure a 36DDD and am having a hard time finding both bras as well as bathing suites. I'm getting a pool this summer and will definatly need one. I normaly just where a t-shirt and shorts but this year I am determined to find a great fitting bathing suite....any suggestions? Thanks so much for the help!

I just received a suit from Figleaves. I was so excited to find bra sized suits online. I ordered a Freya suit sized 34DDD which is 34E European, I believe. (I did actually find a site with conversions.) What a disappointment! It had "mesh" cups which basically means fabric with no padding so beware as soon as you hit water. Like someone with big boobs really ALSO wants to show nipple. The fabric looked like it was sized for a C, but was REAL stretchy, so it stretches a mile further than it should, and then has no padding. What a waste of time. I'd do better smashed into a Speedo. I found another company, Fantasia(?), but when i saw the same "soft cups" description, I'm afraid to try it. I think that is European code for sheer double fabric with no padding. Please post if you have any luck in your quest. I am quite discouraged. BTW as for bras, try Moving Comfort Mia. Not bad. technically it is a sports bra, but it is not the flattening kind. Initially I found mine at REI, and then online through ebay.

+Quote Post
hcbeck
post May 9 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #596

BUSTie

QUOTE(hcbeck @ Apr 6 2007, 01:54 AM) *
Just caught a pretty good documentary on BBC3 here in the UK.
My Big Breasts and Me
Documentary following three women who are naturally well endowed and exploring how they feel about having big breasts.

Jodie (Age 22, 28K) is terrified of having breast reduction surgery but with her breasts causing her chronic back pain she knows it may be her only option. Vicky (Age 26, 34H) hopes that alternative therapies and an exercise regime will downsize her chest, and Maddie (Age 21, 32G), a fashion student, struggles to be taken seriously in a world where she feels only women with small boobs can look attractive.

It has all the usual scenes - including the visit to Rigby and Peller to discover that 80% of women are walking around wearing the wrong size bra. Two of Jodie's friends measure out almost 8 pounds of sugar and strap it to their chests and go out and about in town to see how much extra weight Jodie is carrying and how people treat her differently. Jodie also vists a friend to discover what breast reduction scars look like four years after surgury.

Catch it if you can.

It's on again tonight in the UK at 1:25 am - VIDEO Plus+ code: 2834300

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Apr 29 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #597

Hardcore BUSTie

So I learned something new when buying a bra recently. I was always under the impression that a DD/E were the same (and DDD/F, etc) but apparently the difference is in the width of the cup. I'm an E because my breasts aren't very wide, so DD's don't fit me very often because they have a wider cup.

I always finally found a sports bra at Mountain Equipment Co-op. It was $45 and doesn't have an underwire (good for me) and was labelled as 32D/DD. Fits perfect and is super comfortable. Perfect for exercising and lounging around.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Apr 29 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #598

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

newyorknoize/amber - consider going to a special bathing suit store. I bet you could find a nice two=peice/tankini set that would work. A sturdier top with wide straps and a seperate bottom. You'll find something that will flatter your figure but it may come down to custom sizing and make.
Good Luck!

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Apr 23 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #599

Hardcore BUSTie

bv, good luck with your appt. is it with a female dr? she may be more sympathetic! my pcp is female and she's the one who initially suggested the surgery and signed her approval for the insurance co. but the insurance co had the final say. i had to first have an x-ray to rule out any possible spinal issue, and then go to physical therapy to try to strenghten my back muscles, which was fine, but weird when therapists would ask - what was your injury? uh, i carry around these things all day! after going back to my dr. to examine for any improvement, she recommended a plastic surgeon, who sent photos (!) and his assessment to the insurance co. probably more than 6 months total. finally they approved.

yeah, i always suggested to my (now ex) boyfriend, who didn't see the need for the surgery, to tie a pair of sacks of potatoes together and hang them from his neck. all day. in bed, in the shower, working out, under clothes.

after two weeks i did have the energy, but had little upper body strength for any exercising of my arms or chest. so walking would be okay. and yes, i can jog now! not that i do it so much....

let us know how the dr appt goes.

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Apr 20 2007, 08:11 AM
Post #600

BUSTie

QUOTE(nickclick @ Apr 16 2007, 09:11 AM) *
hi bv, i went from triple d (or so, or whatever the real bra size is, since i was wearing a dd quite ill-fitting-ly) to a c. i love them and so happy i did it.

the surgery itself was a few hours and i stayed at the hospital overnight, but i've heard many are same-day surgeries. i planned for 2 weeks out of work to recover, although after a week i was feeling fine, except for muscle weakness and general soreness. i also planned and luckily received much help from my bf and my mom, with things like changing the dressing, washing my hair, driving me around, bringing things down off high shelves, much more.

i'm left with some pretty intense scarring, and the possibility of not being able to breastfeed, but being a playboy model and/or a nursing mom weren't ever in my plans anyway. in some places the scars are thicker than others, and sometimes they itch, but mostly they don't bother me or my bf a bit. i was also afraid to lose nipple sensitivity, but it's there, just as great as before! although that is also a possibility to consider.

overall, the two weeks of recovery uncomfort and pain was insignificant compared to the years of the same associated with carrying those things around all day and sleeping with them at night.

i can certainly share any more specific and gorey details by pm if you wish. otherwise, i'll spare the board of stories of stitches and drainage!

Hello Nickclick..
Thank you for responding to my question. I am really nervous right about now. I have an appointment on May 4 and although I am anxious to talk with the doctor I hope my insurance will pay for it. I have already seen one doctor and he says that they were not heavy enough and that my insurance would probably not pay. What a joke!! He said that I need a breast lift (why would I need a lift when I need these puppies reduced) Well anyway,I was so upset because of the fact that I am carrying around these puppies all day and dealing with back pain.I had a near fatal accident a couple of years back and suffered extreme back pain as a result and my puppies make it worse. I would love to see him carry these around. So I believe I am more anxious about the fact that I was already let down with the first doctor. I complained of back, neck and shoulder pain. Is there something else you can suggest that I do to get my insurance company to pay(if you have gone the same route). The surgery is so expensive but I need relief. If, it does not happen with my insurance company well then I will have to save up for it. Also, I read where you stated that for two weeks things were kind of hard but I would also like to know that since I have been working out can I resume my walking program after two weeks after surgery or do I have to wait longer? I just started walking and I would like to know what restrictions do they put on you and how long would I have to wait in order to resume my exercise program. I would also like to start running after I get these triple d's down to a d. A size d sounds reasonable to me. I would like a c cup but I would be very much content with a d cup( I have to be realistic)
and I know I should be asking these question to my doctor when I see him and I will but I just wanted to ask an actual patient because afterall you actually went through it...
Thank you in advance

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 25, 2014 - 05:08 PM