271 Pages V  « < 111 112 113 114 115 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
CanCan
post Jan 15 2008, 03:47 PM
Post #2241

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(guitarhero @ Jan 15 2008, 10:26 AM) *
Anyways a few months ago a friend of mine suggested I try vitamin B6. I did, I also started taking golden root seal and echinacea.
So, the combination of a multi vitamin tablet, an echinacea tablet and a golden root seal have cleared it up. I also put a clove of garlic up there overnight but to be honest I'm not sure that had anything to do with it, I just heard garlic is a natural healer.
I was clear for over a month and it was amazing, nothing at all, no smell or discharge. I didnt have to wear panty liners, something I've had to do for 5 years everyday!

However, I thought I'd risk it and stopped taking the tablets last week, I'm sorry to say 2 days ago it all came back. I'm so annoyed but have started my tablets again in high doses hoping they'll work again!

I'm doing one multivitamin, one B-6, and one B-Complex every day. And one folic acid tablet every other day. And one goldenseal caplet whenever I happen to remember, I guess every other day. I still have the BV, doesn't seem as bad, but I feel like it is at least under control right now.

I find it a bit of a drag to always be remembering to take these supplements. Now I keep a pill box in my handbag so I rememeber. I know no one has said that the Vitamin B has cured their infection other than Jason's wife, but with all the reading I have done on this stuff, I really think that it is helping us in the long run. Out of all the vitamins, I find that Vitamin B is the one that seems to make me feel the best - and I feel it working right away. I actually feel myself calm down when I take it. So I know it is doing something beneficial! It's good for your nerves.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 15 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #2242

BUSTie

Hi Bella glad u had fun on your trip. I started to get the metallic taste from the metro so unfortunately I wasn't able to dodge it like I thought. I am all out of metro yet I still have the BV so back to the doctor I go. I called the nurse and asked if the doctor could give me the tindazole she said she didn't know if I would have to come in to be re-examined and she would get back with me to see if the doctor will approve it. I hope so, its my money and my body so whats the big deal, I still have the BV so why not honor my request. Anyway I will keep everyone posted on whats to come, also my pap results should be on the way, I hope it is good news. Bye for now everyone. Be good.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jan 15 2008, 10:01 AM
Post #2243

Hardcore BUSTie

Guitarhero: Someone else reccommended B6 and a lot of girls tried it, although I don't think it worked for many people. I've tried it and the folic acid with zero results, unfortunately. I hope your BV goes away again!

+Quote Post
guitarhero
post Jan 15 2008, 09:09 AM
Post #2244

hi there all, I wanted to add some words of wisdom to the bacterial vaginosis hell discussion. I have been suffering on and off for about 4/5 years now.
I slept with two guys around the same time and that's when I first noticed the symptoms, it was unprotected sex, I'm a fool I know. I'm not sure if this infection is completely to do wuith men but mine seems linked to their semen. Anyways I had it treated (for what I thought was thrush) with metrodizanole. The stuff worked but it came back with my next period. This seems to have been a trend with me. I have read so much info about it though and semen and blood appear to be the key triggers.
Anyways the next time I again got metrodizanole and the next time and the next time, but as it disappeared half way through the anti bios I stopped taking them. Stupid mistake. My doctor later told me this probably made the bad bacteria's double - god knows why! Metrodizanol also gived me terrible thrush as it kills the good bacteria too.
Next course of action was aci-gel, now discontinued, worked well but not a permanent solution, also wasn't very practical.
I tried live yoghurt on both tampons and put up vagina via syringes, useless
I changed my pants twice a day, started wearing big lose cotton underwear, bought brand new stuff, still no change - used different washing powders and never used soap down there or put my shower head around area - still no change in vaginosis. Sound familiar?!
I've tried vinegar soaked tampons - useless
So until recently I was starting to think that the only thing that worked was metrodizanole but I'd always have to wait for the inevitable reoccurence and thrush.
Anyways a few months ago a friend of mine suggested I try vitamin B6. I did, I also started taking golden root seal and echinacea.
So, the combination of a multi vitamin tablet, an echinacea tablet and a golden root seal have cleared it up. I also put a clove of garlic up there overnight but to be honest I'm not sure that had anything to do with it, I just heard garlic is a natural healer.
I was clear for over a month and it was amazing, nothing at all, no smell or discharge. I didnt have to wear panty liners, something I've had to do for 5 years everyday!

However, I thought I'd risk it and stopped taking the tablets last week, I'm sorry to say 2 days ago it all came back. I'm so annoyed but have started my tablets again in high doses hoping they'll work again!
I've heard a hydrogen peroxide douche is good and folic acid also, things I may try if the tablets dont work for me again.

Good luck to us all

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 15 2008, 05:14 AM
Post #2245

BUSTie

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! My happy beer is showing!!! I'm posting so that I can see it again. I had no clue what the hell an avatar was but since my happy beer wasn't showing up through my personal photo (I thought that was how everyone else's picture showed up) I decided to try out the avatar thing.

So I guess I should give a BV update seeing as this IS all about BV. Ok well after reading that a lot of you ladies here have an "ammonia" smell I was like.............what the hell is that? So then I googled it and was totally embarrassed to realize that ammonia is basically pee. I guess it's the adult version of saying pee. WELL damn I'm just a walking bathroom then because I get the ammonia smell too! Oh ok I was talking about my update. Well I am on my 4th day of my metrogel and it's working awesome. All the smells have completely gone away except for the "ammonia" smell. It is very light, hardly recognizable until WHAm! and then ten minutes later it is completely gone again.

Has anyone here ever tried any of those over the counter energy pills? You'd think my energy would have been soaring today due to the fact that I don't smell like shit, fish, sewage, McDonald french fries (ironic because I don't even eat McDonald's) or plain funk but strangely my energy was even lower than it's usual low.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jan 14 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #2246

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jan 15 2008, 12:11 AM) *
Hey you all I'm doing my externs at a women's clinic...I didn't want to become a nag the first day..but i will get to see how the doctors handle recurrent bv/yeast. They say it's becoming more common to see atropic vaginitis in pre-teen's, nursing mother's, and after pregnancy, and of course those who have or are using some types of birthcontrol....

Neverending do you still have to use the estriol, or have you stopped preventive maintenance?

Take care you all...

I don't use anything but the nuvaring now. I think I only used the Estroil for 3 mos., then I stopped all together .

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jan 14 2008, 04:54 PM
Post #2247

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey you all I'm doing my externs at a women's clinic...I didn't want to become a nag the first day..but i will get to see how the doctors handle recurrent bv/yeast. They say it's becoming more common to see atropic vaginitis in pre-teen's, nursing mother's, and after pregnancy, and of course those who have or are using some types of birthcontrol....

Neverending do you still have to use the estriol, or have you stopped preventive maintenance?

Take care you all...

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jan 14 2008, 04:36 PM
Post #2248

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Bella10 @ Jan 14 2008, 09:07 PM) *
Thank you for the research on that. I am back from skiing and had fun and barely thought about BV the whole time until the ride home last night. I am going to Victoria Secret tonight to get some new underwear and then I will boil my old ones and put some white distilled vinegar in the pot. Thats great you don't get that metallic taste in your mouth or the nausea. I don't think you are developing a tolerance to it. Are you taking the two pills of acidopoulous with them everyday? Maybe that is the difference. Also always take the metro with food to ease the harshness on your stomach also. I am starting my metro tomorrow and the avc suppositories. I stopped drinking saturday so I will start them tomorrow night and I am drinking a lot of water now and until them to flush out any remaining alcohol since I had a bad reaction to listerine the last time. I just hope I don't get a reaction with the supp since it is the first time I am taking it. If the metro doesn't work and you go back to your Dr ask about Tindazole. The FDA approved it for bacterial vaginitis last Aug. It is similar to Flagyl (Metro) but it is a diff med so if you feel you are getting a tolerance to metro ask for this drug and maybe your body will act more to the tindazole becasue it is a new drug being introduced to your body.

I took Tindazole. My side effects were, massive metalic taste in my mouth, and very bad headaches. Took BV away, just like the Flagyl did, but it returned as usual.

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Jan 14 2008, 02:50 PM
Post #2249

BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Jan 11 2008, 12:09 AM) *
Laundry should be sanitized by washing in the hottest possible water and then adding a cup of white distilled vinegar to the final rinse. Because it would take a gallon of bleach in a standard washer to kill yeast spores (which would shred your clothing), boiling clothing and other items of close contact (such as underwear and sheets) for five minutes is suggested. Microwaving on the high setting for five minutes will also kill yeast spores; freezing, however, will not.
Hi Bella I copied and pasted the above from a website I found concerning yeast. I dont know how true the above statements are. I personally have always washed my panties in hot water and I also remember watching the local news here in my hometown and they said that if you place your clothes in the dryer on the hottest setting it almost kills all the germs lurking in your laundry. But we all cant do that because some of our clothes require special care. Anyway I hope this helps I will do more research on it though.

Also I have been taking the Metro for 1 1/2 days now but I dont get the metallic taste I am use to getting also I dont feel sick to my stomach either, why all of a sudden no more side effects, could it be I developed a tolerance for the Metro, I hope not.

Thank you for the research on that. I am back from skiing and had fun and barely thought about BV the whole time until the ride home last night. I am going to Victoria Secret tonight to get some new underwear and then I will boil my old ones and put some white distilled vinegar in the pot. Thats great you don't get that metallic taste in your mouth or the nausea. I don't think you are developing a tolerance to it. Are you taking the two pills of acidopoulous with them everyday? Maybe that is the difference. Also always take the metro with food to ease the harshness on your stomach also. I am starting my metro tomorrow and the avc suppositories. I stopped drinking saturday so I will start them tomorrow night and I am drinking a lot of water now and until them to flush out any remaining alcohol since I had a bad reaction to listerine the last time. I just hope I don't get a reaction with the supp since it is the first time I am taking it. If the metro doesn't work and you go back to your Dr ask about Tindazole. The FDA approved it for bacterial vaginitis last Aug. It is similar to Flagyl (Metro) but it is a diff med so if you feel you are getting a tolerance to metro ask for this drug and maybe your body will act more to the tindazole becasue it is a new drug being introduced to your body.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jan 14 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #2250

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Jan 14 2008, 12:14 PM) *
Hi Neverending! Thanks so much for the link but I noticed the description mentioned that the suppositories help with vaginal dryness. That’s not really my problem at all unfortunately so if I did buy the Estriol (that’s the way they spelled it) would that make me excessively wet? Or is it mainly for the Estrogen because the Estrogen I think is what I am now hoping to experiment with.

Ladies: Have any of you ever noticed a small little box labeled Estrogen and another labeled Progesterone at CVS and all the other Drug stores? I saw it on a shelf in the health section a few weeks ago when I had an unexpected midnight run ( I have come to realize that your kids now rule your life) and if I remember correctly it was only about $10 or $12. I’m thinking of trying the Estrogen one but it is so cheap that I’m thinking it could be a flop. I mean you get what you pay for you know. But has anyone ever seen it? Or tried it?

Hey, I don't think the estroil will make you extra wet but then again everybody's body is different. I am still struggling with vagina dryness even though I took the estroil, so I guess it depends on you.
I hope everything works out for you.

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 14 2008, 10:41 AM
Post #2251

BUSTie

Sprinkles you make me feel like having BV isn't so bad you are so comical about it and I love reading your post. Since joining this forum I don't stress out like I use to, all I can do is take it one day at a time and pray to God that my battle with BV will soon be over.

ljames I hope that everything works out okay, keep us posted. Bye for now everyone I have to run a few errands. Later

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Jan 14 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #2252

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Jan 14 2008, 06:10 AM) *
.......Anyway that’s really interesting that the doctor would say a sea water smell is normal because before my sewage attack I had a very distinct salty sea watery smell and I was very pleased (for lack of a better word) that my BV didn’t smell like fish or poop (*snicker* One of these days I will grow up! ) but I had no idea that was the normal smell!! You know of a vagina. Before I got BV “she” didn’t actually smell like anything. Then of course you know if I got………..well I don’t want to get all graphic but when I got “excited” in bed………………….ok whatever I’m trying to be nice and all PG. Forget it. When I got wet it was like when you get out of the shower. Just like all fresh smelling and……..like out of the shower. So that wasn’t normal? Because that is soooooooooo what I am aiming for again..........

Hey Sprinkles! rolleyes.gif

No, your questions don't bother me AT all...we are all girls here (except for the jerking off tr~lls who love to read about our antics)! I think your "fresh smelling/showery" type of thing is what you should go for.

But if you think about it, you know that smell like when you're driving TO the beach? You know how you'll smell the ocean way before you actually SEE it? I always like to think that's what he meant. Just that clean, watery scent, I reckon. I would venture to say that they're all a bit different and have varying levels of whatever kind of musk, etc.

I would also venture to say that---if ANY smell is strong enough so that either you or anyone else smells it just being around you---then yeah...something's going on that needs to be checked. It might have something to do with anatomy, too, though. Like---with belly buttons? I'm an "innie." Well, same goes for "Ms. Petunia." She's an "innie" too, so odors might not be as pronounced as they would if she were an "outie."

Does all that make sense, even??? blink.gif

As for the TTO and boric, what I'm doing is putting a few drops of TTO into the douche water and using that every other day. Then the boric capsules on the opposite days. One day: boric---One day: TTO douche---Two days: Nothing, then start again. Works like a charm.

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
ljames
post Jan 14 2008, 07:33 AM
Post #2253

Happy Monday Everyone! I dragged my fiance to the clinic this weekend hoping that we can both go on flagyl and beat this maybe. After explaining all to the doc and stressing that I never had this problem before I met my fiance and that I would like for us both to go on flagyl.........he looked at me and said:

"Well, that is not at all unreasonable. In fact I work at the STD clinic and that is what we do. Although BV is not an STD....it is an STD and you keep getting it because your fiance is harboring it and giving it back to you." He also said "When you first got BV it was caused by a change in your vaginal environment and if your fiance had the anerobes it caused an outbreak and continues to because you never had him treated to remove the anerobes." That makes sense too me.

So he put us both on 7 days x 2 500mg flagyl per day along with some diflucan for me in case of a yeast outbreak from the flagyl and sent us on our way.

Cross your fingers guys I really hope this works. Yesterday was only day two and I still had the fishy smell but this time it's more about him than I and I'm hoping that my theory and the doctor co-signing my theory is the solution. The only way to be sure is to wait on the pills to take their course and then have sex w/o a condom and wait and see if it comes back or not so I'll have to update when that happens.

I'll say one thing though I felt ecstatic that the doc said that my fiance had something to do with it because he has always gotten defensive when I have eluded to the fact that he may be the source of my problem. Now he can't get defensive because it was a doctor NOT ME that said it.

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 14 2008, 04:57 AM
Post #2254

BUSTie

Hi Neverending! Thanks so much for the link but I noticed the description mentioned that the suppositories help with vaginal dryness. That’s not really my problem at all unfortunately so if I did buy the Estriol (that’s the way they spelled it) would that make me excessively wet? Or is it mainly for the Estrogen because the Estrogen I think is what I am now hoping to experiment with.

Ladies: Have any of you ever noticed a small little box labeled Estrogen and another labeled Progesterone at CVS and all the other Drug stores? I saw it on a shelf in the health section a few weeks ago when I had an unexpected midnight run ( I have come to realize that your kids now rule your life) and if I remember correctly it was only about $10 or $12. I’m thinking of trying the Estrogen one but it is so cheap that I’m thinking it could be a flop. I mean you get what you pay for you know. But has anyone ever seen it? Or tried it?

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 14 2008, 04:53 AM
Post #2255

BUSTie

QUOTE(quietmadness @ Jan 12 2008, 07:10 PM) *
As for how she's SUPPOSED to smell (in good health), I got up the gumption one day and asked my OB. He said (and I quote):

--------"Well, they all have a different musk, of course. But for the most part, it should smell like SEA WATER. It should have a lightly vinegary-sea-water kind of smell. Slightly sweet. Most women have actually forgotten their normal ph vaginal odor, and what it should smell like."-------

That's what he said. Which is why I'm very happy to report that between using the TTO and BA regularly---that's what she currently smells like.

--Quiet--

Hi QuietMadness! I love your name btw. Ha and the picture’s great. I attached a picture of a happy beer for my pic but it never showed up. Congratulations on your progress! Anyway that’s really interesting that the doctor would say a sea water smell is normal because before my sewage attack I had a very distinct salty sea watery smell and I was very pleased (for lack of a better word) that my BV didn’t smell like fish or poop (*snicker* One of these days I will grow up! ) but I had no idea that was the normal smell!! You know of a vagina. Before I got BV “she” didn’t actually smell like anything. Then of course you know if I got………..well I don’t want to get all graphic but when I got “excited” in bed………………….ok whatever I’m trying to be nice and all PG. Forget it. When I got wet it was like when you get out of the shower. Just like all fresh smelling and……..like out of the shower. So that wasn’t normal? Because that is soooooooooo what I am aiming for again.

Ok so how STRONG of sea water did he emphasize? Heh, I mean do you think he just thinks his wife’s “she” is normal? Then again he sticks his head down there on a bunch of women everyday but I mean………………..ok I just don’t get it! I think my sea water/salty episode must have been stronger than what your doc is talking about. Or what you are experiencing. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to but is yours really strong or just faint? The boric acid never worked on me but how are you doing the TTO? I don’t shop online, I don’t have the patience to wait, I prefer to go out and buy it that night so I don’t have a problem finding the tea tree oil but the gel caps are becoming a real pain. I cannot find the correct ones that can be safely inserted. My metrogel is working really well already and I’m not even halfway through using it but I definitely want plan B and C ready. I am a traumatized girl after all.

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 14 2008, 04:46 AM
Post #2256

BUSTie

Vacationing just isn’t the same when you stink. Totally takes the fun out of it. Well I just got back from my lil mini vacay back home with a stop at my old doctors for some metro gel and the weirdest thing happened to me. I smelled like the beach! The funny thing…I was at the beach! It was all seaweed-like, sea water, salty smelling and I was like, well hot damn!! This is the best BV smell EVER! Alright, oh yeah! *doin a little dance* and then the humiliation stepped in. After about 5 hours my BV beachy odor turned into a sewage smell. So this is quite a spectrum of odors I’ve got going on. I was all thinking that the sewage smell is ironic because that’s where dead fish would decide to lay. You know for death. So basically I smell like a place where you die.

Oh and the greatest of all was when I was shopping. The salesgirls were all like shocked when they came up to greet me and the look on their faces! PRICELESS!! This was when the sewage rott came into effect so their mouths turned into O’s. I’m all thinking Ha! If you think that’s bad you ain’t smelt NOTHIN yet. Sometimes you get to a point in the day when you become numb to all the snickers and girls gossiping right in front of you as if you are a totally retard that you can’t hear a damn thing they are saying. So the upside to all this would be no more damn sales vultures. Only the brave persist but pretty soon even those start to dwindle. They must really need the commission.

Anyway my doctor wasn’t there, he had a little emergency and I was totally pissed off but at the same time all I really wanted was the prescription so I went ahead to see the doc’s replacement. I thought she was totally cool and had that smart look to her until she opened her mouth and then I thought, Shit she’s stupid. She refused to test my hormones because she feels the real problem is that I had a baby. She thinks I have postpartum depression and I just KNEW the doctors would say this. Again. Like every other time I list my symptoms. She wrote out my metrogel prescription, some kind of birth control which horribly I haven’t even looked at the name yet I’m just poppin the pills, and Paxil for my depression so I’m not on suicide watch. Yes that is right. She thinks I am going to kill myself. Oh but she thinks the fact that I had overexcessive sweating of my pits and irregular periods as a teenager to be totally fine. “It’s normal for teenage hormones to get a little imbalanced from time to time.” Um, no. Four periods a year is not normal when you are 15 years old. Although I would gladly go back to that. She looked horrified when I talked about taking progesterone but seemed to say that estrogen might be ok and that is what is in the birth control. She wouldn’t admit that she admitted I had a hormone imbalance. I know that according to them I am a categorical new mom with the normal issues so it looks like I am going to have to fix my hormones myself. The birth control might take a while to become effective in helping my hormones so I might try the Estroil and I pray that it works. I am in a new place and I would really like to make some new friends and be my old self again.

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Jan 12 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #2257

Hardcore BUSTie

As for how she's SUPPOSED to smell (in good health), I got up the gumption one day and asked my OB. He said (and I quote):

--------"Well, they all have a different musk, of course. But for the most part, it should smell like SEA WATER. It should have a lightly vinegary-sea-water kind of smell. Slightly sweet. Most women have actually forgotten their normal ph vaginal odor, and what it should smell like."-------

That's what he said. Which is why I'm very happy to report that between using the TTO and BA regularly---that's what she currently smells like.

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jan 12 2008, 01:46 PM
Post #2258

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ljames @ Jan 11 2008, 03:34 PM) *
Hello everyone, I posted here once in May of 2007 but trust me I've been reading and absorbing this at least once a month because that's how often I am sitting at my desk feeling the telltale bubbles from the discharge and stressing out that this s*#t is back. I have done oral flagyl it comes back, so the last prescription I got I just inserted one vaginally everytime I had symptoms and it took it away until I had sex w/o a condom or my period. This is absolute hell and I am going insane with it, AAAAAAAAAH! Had sex w/o condom and period right after so sitting here 2 days after period with the nastyness again! I'm out of flagyl and don't think that that was a long term solution anyways. Has anybody other than Jewels tried the TTO suppositories?? I tried TTO on a tampon before but it didn't do anything....think it made the smell worse 'cause it was TTO covered fish, lol. I am so sick of this, I take vitamin supplements everyday and it hasn't put a dent in the BV but at least I never catch a cold or a flu. At this point I would rather have a cold every day and a healthy vagina, it is ruining my life. I am getting married this year and want to have babies but how am I supposed to have babies when my kitty is sick. Sorry for the vent but I know you guys more than anybody understand smile.gif

I'm so sorry you all are getting frustrated!! Trust me, I've been dealing with BV NON STOP for 7yrs. As I said in my last post, from being on this board as long as I have, what works for me, may or may not work for you, and VICE VERSA!! The vitamins that some of you take, that help with your BV, do absolutely nothing for me. Boric Acid, I'm highly alergic too, and broke out in a bleeding rash on my arms and face. Everybodies body's are different. What triggers BV for me, might not trigger it for you. I have had a hysterectomy, and have NO periods. I only have my ovaries left. So, it's really hard to say why some things work for some and not others. I'm also a smoker, which I know is a trigger for BV.

The Flagyl vaginally worked and kept mine away for 3 months. That's long, for us in the BV world. However when I ran out, I ordered online, and I truly do not believe it was the real stuff, because it did nothing for me the second time I tried it. The Flagyl vaginally is not a cure. In fact, I truly don't believe we have a cure for this right now. We can only learn to maintain it, until a scientist gets off their ass, and finds us a cure. In regards to the Flagyl vaginally, there's a process in how to do it. Here's what I did, when it worked. Used 1 500mg two nights in a row. Then stopped. Then, every time after sex, I would use one the following evening. This kept the BV away for me for at least 3 months.

Also, during this time period, I had broken up with my boyfriend, and I truly believed his sperm was the cause of my BV hell. There is something in his sperm, that my vagina did not agree with, and therefore, caused my BV. I too had him take the prescription Metro...whatever it's called, and he also took achidophilus pills. THAT DID NOT WORK. But, when I stopped having sex with him, my BV subsided.

As far as the Tea Tree Oil. Again, I can't tell you why it's working for me. But it truly is. I think what alot of us do, is use something, and the smell goes away, so we think it's gone. Tea Tree Oil IS NOT A CURE. I have to use it, after sex, or my BV will come back. All the tea tree oil does is balance things out down there. Why? I couldn't tell ya. But it's doing that for me. I haven't used one for 2 weeks, but then again, I haven't had sex for two weeks either. So, right now, my bv is not presenting itself, but, I'm not having sex, and I REFUSE to stress. MAINTAINING is the name of the game. You have to find something that works for you, that you can use to keep your BV under control. I know you all are looking for a cure, but there just is not one out there right now. So, instead of spending all your energy on trying to make it stay away forever, focus your energy on keeping it maintained, UNTIL, we find a cure. One day, God willing, we will have a cure!! Trust me, I pray for it daily. But I'm also a realist, and I realize, this is a pain in the ass, but, I have to still go on... and keep it under control.

AGAIN, Read LORI'S BLOG. Try some of the things she suggest, but GIVE IT A CHANCE TO WORK. Don't set yourself up for disappointment. You can't stuff 10 things up your cooch, and then try to figure out what worked. Give each one a chance to do what it's meant to do.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jan 12 2008, 09:18 AM
Post #2259

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Jan 11 2008, 11:23 PM) *
Yep, my funk alternates between fish, mustiness, buttermilk/sour milk, and ammonia. I havent figured out whats up with that, and its pretty embarrasing!!! YUCK.

Funny, I was just going to post now to ask the same question! Right now, I don't seem to have a bad smell at all, but a weird smell. Everytime I eat yogurt, it makes the discharge less watery, thicker, and smell sweet. Like yogurt. It's not normal. And the flow is medium to heavy of this stuff. I am scared to eat yogurt now, even though they say it is good for us. It happens every single time. Then again, as long as it doesn't smell fishy, I should probably feel relieved.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 11 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #2260

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mg86 @ Jan 11 2008, 10:37 PM) *
Hi everyone,

I have a question about discharge and odor. I haven't posted much on here at all, I've mostly been doing some reading. When I first had BV, the itching was unbearable and there was a HUGE amount of discharge. It was really disgusting. Since that time (a little over a year ago) - the amount of discharge is usually much, much less. I don't mean to be very graphic but it is white and thick (but not like a yeast infection). Sometimes it is a lot, sometimes not. A lot of you here and other websites describe the odor as "fishy". Try as I may, I wouldn't describe my odor like that...it's more of a sour smell. I never really payed much attention to my smell or discharge before I first got BV, so I'm not sure what it was like then..lol.

I have been to the doctor many times and was diagnosed with BV, but I am wondering why the smell is different?

I was doing some reading here: http://www.vagisil.com/stewart_article.shtml, which says a sour milk/yogurt smell can be normal.

I haven't tried many alternative treatments besides oral acidopholus and yogurt (internally). Yesterday I started Fem Dopholus, so wish me luck with that.

Anyway, could it be something different? It's been several months since I've been to the doctor...maybe this is a new smell and I just don't realize it.

Thanks girls

Yep, my funk alternates between fish, mustiness, buttermilk/sour milk, and ammonia. I havent figured out whats up with that, and its pretty embarrasing!!! YUCK.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 111 112 113 114 115 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 27, 2014 - 01:49 AM