Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Feb 18 2009, 08:33 AM
Post #841

QUOTE(nik7121 @ Feb 18 2009, 05:15 AM) *
" I just gotten my period and the smell seem to have got worst(stronger). Im tired of people
looking at me like i'm some dirty girl that don't wash up in that area. i'm tired of all the sound
effects people give me when they walk by. I JUST WANNA BE BV FREE. DO ANYBODY HAVE SUGGESTION
ON WHAT TO USE WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR PERIOD TO ATLEAST CALM THE SMELL DOWN THERE?
THIS BV IS A BITCH SOMETIMES IT SMELL LIKE FISH THEN LIKE A MUSTY ONION TYPE OF SMELL OMG
myself esteem is dead."

Im so sorry horror! I didn't know what to do to make the smell go away by itself, I drank 1 1/2 liters of water a day hoping it would help dilute the smell, sometimes it was there, sometimes it wasnt, I couldnt figure it out. Maybe you should go the Dr and get another opinion? And take care of yourself!
And thank you to everyone for support and hearing me rant through all this crap; I finished my antibiotics two days ago, and havent felt any UTI symptoms (yay!). Not suprisingly though, from all the antibiotics, I seemed to have developed a yeast infection. Grr. Oh well, ill take it over all the other crap. Crossing my fingers and hoping this is almost the end.

I saw a box of Pro-B in the store today, said it was good for neutralizing. Anyone have experience with that?

Hi Nik!

Hmm ... diluting the smell by drinking water. That's one method that I've never heard of. tongue.gif

I'm currently taking Rephresh Pro-B. It works pretty well. Then again, I take it as a preventative along with another expensive probiotic. I've been taking probiotics for so long, my results have plateaued. You should try it though, even though it's kind of pricey.

I hope your infection clears up,
Sweaty in Social Studies
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nik7121
post Feb 18 2009, 05:15 AM
Post #842

BUSTie

" I just gotten my period and the smell seem to have got worst(stronger). Im tired of people
looking at me like i'm some dirty girl that don't wash up in that area. i'm tired of all the sound
effects people give me when they walk by. I JUST WANNA BE BV FREE. DO ANYBODY HAVE SUGGESTION
THIS BV IS A BITCH SOMETIMES IT SMELL LIKE FISH THEN LIKE A MUSTY ONION TYPE OF SMELL OMG
myself esteem is dead."

Im so sorry horror! I didn't know what to do to make the smell go away by itself, I drank 1 1/2 liters of water a day hoping it would help dilute the smell, sometimes it was there, sometimes it wasnt, I couldnt figure it out. Maybe you should go the Dr and get another opinion? And take care of yourself!

And thank you to everyone for support and hearing me rant through all this crap; I finished my antibiotics two days ago, and havent felt any UTI symptoms (yay!). Not suprisingly though, from all the antibiotics, I seemed to have developed a yeast infection. Grr. Oh well, ill take it over all the other crap. Crossing my fingers and hoping this is almost the end.

I saw a box of Pro-B in the store today, said it was good for neutralizing. Anyone have experience with that?

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 17 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #843

BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Feb 17 2009, 12:04 PM) *
As bad as the odor can get, there isn't much you can do to successfully get rid of it. There are products that will cover up the odor, but those are the same products that can aggravate it, and make the infection worse. It's kind of like spraying a trash barrel down with deodorizer, while the trash is still in it. That's a silly analogy but, you get the picture, right?

I really wish I could be more of a help in that area. Speaking from my own experience, I've been desperate enough to use certain methods to attempt to get rid of the odor, but at the end of the day, it was still there. This series of trials and errors made me come to the conclusion that the infection would have to clear up entirely in order for the odor to go away. That's a bitter pill to swallow, but unfortunately it's the truth.

--
Sweaty in Social Studies

Awwwww ouch my kitty is being compare to a trash can dang that hurt!!!
I'm not mad at you. I guess it was just a metaphor.

+Quote Post
lori
post Feb 17 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #844

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Feb 17 2009, 09:04 AM) *
As bad as the odor can get, there isn't much you can do to successfully get rid of it. There are products that will cover up the odor, but those are the same products that can aggravate it, and make the infection worse. It's kind of like spraying a trash barrel down with deodorizer, while the trash is still in it. That's a silly analogy but, you get the picture, right?

I really wish I could be more of a help in that area. Speaking from my own experience, I've been desperate enough to use certain methods to attempt to get rid of the odor, but at the end of the day, it was still there. This series of trials and errors made me come to the conclusion that the infection would have to clear up entirely in order for the odor to go away. That's a bitter pill to swallow, but unfortunately it's the truth.

--
Sweaty in Social Studies

You are officially creepy now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Feb 17 2009, 12:04 PM
Post #845

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Feb 16 2009, 03:32 AM) *
sad.gif I just gotten my period and the smell seem to have got worst(stronger). Im tired of people
myself esteem is dead.

--
Sweaty in Social Studies

+Quote Post
lori
post Feb 16 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #846

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neptune @ Feb 16 2009, 09:25 AM) *
Thanks for the link Lori. I really felt frustrated when I read about your struggle to get diagnosed. Seeing as bv is supposed to be so common, you'd think doctors would be more educated about it.

Sad we have to fight to be listened to. Being dismissed and misdiagnosed happens such a lot. And it's true, we know our own bodies.

Yeah, I don't think all doctors are stupid or anything. But sometimes they just have a blind spot when it comes to some things. If they don't get it, you have to push them. Or you have to find a doctor who does get it. It's a struggle.

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Feb 16 2009, 12:32 AM) *
sad.gif I just gotten my period and the smell seem to have got worst(stronger). Im tired of people
myself esteem is dead.

Horror movie, you need to get to a doctor to sort out your hemorrhoid & anal leakage issues. Until you do, there's really not much you can do about the BV.

Best of luck to you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
neptune
post Feb 16 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #847

BUSTie

QUOTE(Grace08 @ Feb 15 2009, 04:54 PM) *
Hey Neptune-

Just wondered how you're using the Goldenseal, I mean like what's your method?

I'm trying my second round of Balance Activ along with taking a lot of acidophilus pills - there's a definite improvement, but I totally know how you feel when you say you don't want to get excited because it might come back when you stop the course.

But just wondered about the Goldenseal.

Cheers,
Grace.

Glad you're noticing some improvement! I do think Balance Activ is quite a good product, and I keep a supply at home. If I'm ever lucky enough to get laid again it'll be a great thing to use a couple of days before to get rid of the symptoms for a bit!

Well I decided to try Goldenseal as I'd never used it before, but couldn't find it anywhere. Then one day I walked into a health shop and there was one random pot left. It's by Bio-Health and is 125mg capsules of powered root to be taken orally twice a day.

I started a couple of weeks ago and got relief from the onion smell straight away, although the capsules STINK and over the last couple of days my vagina has started to smell like the goldenroot itself, even though I haven't inserted them vaginally (not sure whether people do this or not). I do get some abnormal discharge occasionally, so something is still not quite right, but no onion smell at all since I've been on them.

I'm not sure how long to use the goldenseal for though. I know it can only be used for a matter of weeks, but I keep reading different things. Does anyone know?

I don't know why I've bothered to take it, as like any antibiotic type thing it's a temporary fix. Part of me is secretly hoping it'll be a cure, but I know it won't be!

Are you thinking of trying this Grace? Anyone else used it?

+Quote Post
neptune
post Feb 16 2009, 12:25 PM
Post #848

BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Feb 14 2009, 02:04 AM) *
Holy shit. That is terrible.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. But thanks for sharing. I think it's important for everyone to pursue their medical care vigorously. Get second opinions, and never give up! Here's my blog entry about the topic:

http://allaboutbv.blogspot.com/2008/12/you...ppointment.html

In it, I cite the story of a woman who had ovarian cancer for years, and her doctor kept telling her she had gas. Here's what she said:

"Women need to trust their own bodies. If you're feeling that something is wrong, don't assume anything. Be persistent. And don't wait."

A good reminder for us all.

Thanks for the link Lori. I really felt frustrated when I read about your struggle to get diagnosed. Seeing as bv is supposed to be so common, you'd think doctors would be more educated about it.

Sad we have to fight to be listened to. Being dismissed and misdiagnosed happens such a lot. And it's true, we know our own bodies.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 16 2009, 03:32 AM
Post #849

BUSTie

myself esteem is dead.

+Quote Post
Grace08
post Feb 15 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #850

BUSTie

I randomly tried goldenseal (instead of using the balance activ) which I've never bothered with before, and it's reduced the discharge and taken the onion smell away completely. It's nice while it lasts, but I'm not excited because I know it'll come back as soon as I stop the course.

Hey Neptune-

Just wondered how you're using the Goldenseal, I mean like what's your method?

I'm trying my second round of Balance Activ along with taking a lot of acidophilus pills - there's a definite improvement, but I totally know how you feel when you say you don't want to get excited because it might come back when you stop the course.

But just wondered about the Goldenseal.

Cheers,
Grace.

+Quote Post
lori
post Feb 13 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #851

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neptune @ Feb 13 2009, 11:34 AM) *
Nik7121, I can understand why you're so irritated. I suffered over a year of severe kidney infections which were treated as UTIs, and my other symptoms such as temperature of 105, constant vomiting, backache and being too dizzy to stand or walk were dismissed as "exam stress." I was almost dead by the time they bothered to scan my kidneys, and I've now got a mass of scar tissue for a kidney, and it's ruined forever. That's the arrogance of some doctors for you.

Sigh. Just my little rant of the day.

Holy shit. That is terrible.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. But thanks for sharing. I think it's important for everyone to pursue their medical care vigorously. Get second opinions, and never give up! Here's my blog entry about the topic:

http://allaboutbv.blogspot.com/2008/12/you...ppointment.html

In it, I cite the story of a woman who had ovarian cancer for years, and her doctor kept telling her she had gas. Here's what she said:

"Women need to trust their own bodies. If you're feeling that something is wrong, don't assume anything. Be persistent. And don't wait."

A good reminder for us all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tweety11
post Feb 13 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #852

QUOTE(Grace08 @ Feb 10 2009, 07:39 AM) *
I believe it's a dud product - not that I've tried it, I almost ordered it, but some ladies in here have tried it and it didn't work - and I think the company were pretty reluctant to give refunds as they claim they will on their website.

It seems like a money-spinner, cashing on our vulnerability and desperation to cure BV.

So I wouldn't order a six month supply if I were you. If you live in the US there's a product called Fem Dophilus which appears to be the most effective way of home treating BV. It's a pro biotic and the strains in it are especially good for populating healthy bacteria in your vagina, which is really the aim in getting rid of BV, rather than masking the odour.

There's a lady who posts in here called Lori - take a look at her blog (the link for it can be found at the end of her posts) it's a good guide to home treating methods that have been tried and tested by BV sufferers.

Good luck.

+Quote Post
neptune
post Feb 13 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #853

BUSTie

Nik7121, I can understand why you're so irritated. I suffered over a year of severe kidney infections which were treated as UTIs, and my other symptoms such as temperature of 105, constant vomiting, backache and being too dizzy to stand or walk were dismissed as "exam stress." I was almost dead by the time they bothered to scan my kidneys, and I've now got a mass of scar tissue for a kidney, and it's ruined forever. That's the arrogance of some doctors for you.

Sigh. Just my little rant of the day.

Glad to hear you're feeling almost back to normal! It'll take a little while to pick up because kidney/bladder/ut infections can be quite nasty.

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Feb 13 2009, 05:56 AM) *
I guess i'm the only person that don't have a life bcuz I'm always on the lounge.
WHERE IS EVERYONE? DID EVERYONE GET CURED BUT ME!!!!!!

Nope. Not cured. Still lurking every spare moment wink.gif Actually, saying that, I randomly tried goldenseal (instead of using the balance activ) which I've never bothered with before, and it's reduced the discharge and taken the onion smell away completely. It's nice while it lasts, but I'm not excited because I know it'll come back as soon as I stop the course.

+Quote Post
lori
post Feb 13 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #854

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Feb 12 2009, 09:56 PM) *
I guess i'm the only person that don't have a life bcuz I'm always on the lounge.

laugh.gif

Hope things go well with you at the doctor.

--------------------

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 13 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #855

BUSTie

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 12 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #856

BUSTie

excuse my typing error im on this website on my phone.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 12 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #857

BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Feb 11 2009, 03:47 PM) *
Hi Horror!

I have hope that things will get better for you. My subconscious is telling me, “Once her hemorrhoid is healed, her bacterial vaginosis symptoms will be alleviated.” By the way, is your hemorrhoid healing?

I’m glad you’ve started taking the Femdophilus again. When you continue to take it orally, on a regular basis, the bad anaerobic bacteria will eventually be outnumbered. Even taking it once a day will help as to not taking it at all. Your money is better spent on the Femdophilus than any over the counter product that I know of, considering all of the research done on the strains contained in it.

Don’t feel embarrassed to talk to anyone because of the odor. Your amazing personality will shine through and they won’t even care whether you have an odor or not.

Shine on,
Sweaty in Social Studies

The fish return!!! I guess I got too happy. Femdo is a great
Product for anyone who have bv. The smell was gone for
An hour or two then came back. I néed to go to the doctor.
Thank sweaty social studies for he advice. I really appreciate it because it's hard
Trying to someone who thinks you smell perfectly fine and that having
Illusion That people reacting to me.

+Quote Post
Lolasaurus
post Feb 11 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #858

BUSTie

QUOTE(wanabfresh @ Feb 10 2009, 06:37 PM) *
Hey, i was just wondring if ur husband is circumsized because i think that that play a major part n vaginal odor. My bf of 9 years isnt circumsized an i never had this problem until i met him.

I'm sorry to butt in, here, but this is misleading.

Foreskin does not cause BV, and to suggest so is kind of insulting to the millions of perfectly healthy uncut men in this world, not to mention the millions of perfectly healthy women who fuck them. either kind of penis is perfectly fine-- so long as it's kept healthy, clean, and sufficiently lubed.

Wanabfresh, it is possible that your boyfriend introduced you to your symptoms, and I feel your pain/suspicion, there, but it's not fair to accuse the natural state of the penis of causing disease.

...ok, that's all!

/soapbox unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Feb 11 2009, 03:47 PM
Post #859

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Feb 11 2009, 02:33 PM) *
I FORGOT TO TELL YALL THIS HAPPEN THREE DAYS AGO I AT WORK THE WORST THE DAY EVER THIS IS EHEN I TOOK THE FEMDO FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS. I WAS WOEKING THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I FELT HOT HEAT AIR COMING OUT FROM DOWN THERE. IT WAS LIKE CAR THAT BEING RUN TO MUCH THEN THE ENGINE START TO SMOKE. THE WEIRD THING ABOUT IT I WASN'T WORKING HARD. EVERYTIME SOMEONE COME NEAR ME TO TALK TO ME I GO THROUGH AN ANIXETY ATTACK WHICH FEEL LIKE HOT FLASHES. WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????
I USE ONE FEMDO PILL AND REPHERSH IN VAGINALLY AT THE SAME TIME. ONE FEMDO ORALLY AND TWO VITAMIN C BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM PILLS GUESS WHAT I DON'T SMELL FISH ANYMORE IF IT IS A FISHY SMELL STILL THEN IT VERY LIGHT

Hi Horror!

I have hope that things will get better for you. My subconscious is telling me, “Once her hemorrhoid is healed, her bacterial vaginosis symptoms will be alleviated.” By the way, is your hemorrhoid healing?

I’m glad you’ve started taking the Femdophilus again. When you continue to take it orally, on a regular basis, the bad anaerobic bacteria will eventually be outnumbered. Even taking it once a day will help as to not taking it at all. Your money is better spent on the Femdophilus than any over the counter product that I know of, considering all of the research done on the strains contained in it.

Don’t feel embarrassed to talk to anyone because of the odor. Your amazing personality will shine through and they won’t even care whether you have an odor or not.

Shine on,
Sweaty in Social Studies

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Feb 11 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #860

BUSTie

IM GOING TO WORK TODAY IM GOING CHECK ON PEOPLE RESPONSE TO ME LET YALL HOW THAT GOES

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 19, 2014 - 02:49 PM