The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vodka Is A Bustie: The Bustie Guide To Vodka And Other Nectar, The Hooch thread
hellotampon
post Jul 7 2009, 07:55 AM
Post #21

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ May 30 2009, 12:26 AM) *
Why not have some Pussy with your vodka?

oh my god. I worked at a gas station a few years ago and this guy came in trying to get us to sell that. His pitch was really pathetic. My boss kicked him out. I can't believe it's still around.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Jul 6 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #22

Hardcore BUSTie

I was just looking up Soho recipes online and found one almost exactly like the cranberry/lime one I made the other night but without the soda. It's called a red lotus.

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 6 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #23

Big Fat Bitch

The Webtender has a bunch of recipes, but they all aound basic (Tequila & tonic, bourbon & tonic), regular cocktails just with tonic added, or foofoo stuff (Something called a Dark Pussy?).

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Jul 5 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #24

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

Does anyone know what else I can mix tonic water with besides gin or vodka? I have a couple of bottles and would like some ideas on how to use it.

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Jul 5 2009, 02:33 AM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

Made a super yummy drink tonight. I was trying to figure out a good mix for Soho lychee liqueur. In a pint glass with lots of ice, mix two oz vodka, a splash of Soho, a squeeze of lime, and equal parts cranberry juice and club soda. Mmm.

--------------------

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Jun 21 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #26

the moistiest

i lurrrrve sangria.
i lurve white sangria even more. i've been waiting to try these.

and, for the frat boy in your life: skittles vodka

Just Vodka, sugar, instant coffee and maybe some caramel flavouring or something. I should try that.

might have to try that one soon, too. although.. is it more of a winter thing? i've been drinking a lot of hot cider lately and am wondering if there's a rule in the liquor world akin to "don't wear white after labor day"...

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Jun 21 2009, 03:07 PM
Post #27

Hardcore BUSTie

Mmmm. I love fresh fruit in drinks. I made a really simple drink awhile back that was just fresh grapefuit juice and vodka with a sugar rim that was super good, especially because I love the bitterness of grapefruit and the sugar rim really brings it out. Also made a pina colada with fresh pineapple, ice, rum and canned coconut milk, which was really awesome and thick and also incredibly fattening.

I'm staying with my aunts for the summer and they're martini enthusiasts, so they have a very respectable liquor cabinet. They've got stuff I've never heard of, like Godiva's white chocolate liqueur (which tastes like ass, unfortunately) and blood orange vodka from Austria. They're really into the the new coffee flavoured Patron tequila, which is super expensive here in Canada at $60/bottle, but which is absolutely divine. So warming and luxurious. I was really bored the other day so I started poking around and decided to make a white russian. Three white russians, actually. With kahlua, not the fancy Patron. I was sitting there playing Lebowski quotes in my head all night. "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man!"

Apparently Kahlua is a snap to make. My mom used to make bottles of it as Christmas gifts. Just Vodka, sugar, instant coffee and maybe some caramel flavouring or something. I should try that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
yuefie
post Jun 21 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #28

Lip Balm Aficionado

Candy, Malibu is good in any sort of daquiri mixer as well. I especially like it in Strawberry.

My sis and I have been drinking this fruity vodka concoction that is so summery and delicious. You mix vodka, some limoncello, lemonade and crushed fresh fruit of your choice. So far we've tried three Stoli and fresh berry combos (Blackberi & blackberries, Blueberi & blueberries, Raspberi & raspberries) and also Absolut Mango & very ripe mango.

--------------------
~I'm so tired of being tired
As sure as night will follow day
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway~

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jun 20 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #29

new highs in personal lows daily!

see... that is ezzakly what i was thinking, z. bacon+vodka= bloody mary nirvana. wub.gif yes prease!

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
zoya
post Jun 20 2009, 06:09 PM
Post #30

uh huh.

dude. My sister bought a bottle of that for my impending return. I'm going to make the best fucking Bloody Mary ever when I get there.

perhaps you can join at some point, and we can have it with a side of foie gras?? wink.gif

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 20 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #31

Big Fat Bitch

Bakon Vodka! Two great tastes, dunno how well they go together. I imagine it'd make a tasty bloody something.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jun 20 2009, 01:01 AM
Post #32

any regular rum mixer. say coke.

google rum mixers or rum mixed drinks or go to the ministry of rum

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jun 19 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #33

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what's good to mix with Malibu rum. I know that I could use pineapple juice but what else?

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Jun 14 2009, 08:29 PM
Post #34

Huh, and today I saw a wine called Royal Bitch.

--------------------

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Jun 14 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #35

cryostat bitch

I've had the Bitch wine! Tasty....

And I'd be down for horseradish vodka, seems like a good bloody mary vodka to me. smile.gif

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jun 14 2009, 02:33 PM
Post #36

Hardcore BUSTie

Believe it or not there is a great wine called Bitch! It is an Australian Borrosa Grenache. a friend of mine who is a wine dealer got me a bottle for Christmas it is delicious.I had an 04 and kept the bottle cuz who doesn't need an empty bottle of bitch wine lying around. Plus it's an awesome euphmism

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1032660

but I came in here to post about Horseradish vodka which is actual very very very tasty.Seems like AP beat me to the punch.

it really is better than it sounds. I was at the Russian Tea Room and we ordered a vodka flight. it was amazing.

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Jun 13 2009, 11:04 PM
Post #37

I got curious and decided to look up drink recipes named after male junk. Here's what I found on drinkmixer.

cock ' balls
Penis Colarous
One Cock and Two Balls
The Cum Shot
Big Johnson

No idea if any of these are good because I can't afford to buy booze right now. However, if anyone wants to try them and report back, feel free.

--------------------

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jun 2 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #38

--------------------

+Quote Post
zizola
post Jun 2 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #39

BUSTie

yeah, chartreuse is an aquired taste for sure. I lived in Grenoble for a while, which is the home of the Chartreuse monks, and those sly frenchies would slip me that darned Chartreuse every chance they had. It reminded me of Simple Green at first but eventually I found myself drinking Chartreuse cocktails and *liking* them. I even visited the factory for a project and learned way more about the "mysterious health elixir" than I wanted.

Pastis, however, I NEVER grew a liking for.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 2 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #40

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(zizola @ Jun 2 2009, 06:29 PM) *
Feels like a magical elixir, sort of like Chartreuse...

To me Chartreuse tasted like burning. Really herby, medicinal burning all the way down.

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25, 2014 - 05:32 PM