The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
Allison-Shine
post May 30 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #461

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(KeraBear @ May 29 2011, 03:03 PM) *
Yay DeeRayy! This is a big step in the right direction. Yeah, it's not like your cuz was all like, "I'm gonna grow some Cs this year. That'll show DeeRayy!" (if only it were that easy right? lolz) You've gotta focus on being the best "you" you can be regardless of your cup size. What a great example you will be setting for your young cousin as she enters those difficult teen years. *KeraBear shudders as she remembers the year she turned 13...*

Recently over PM i gave Karategrrl permission to give an "electronic web bitchslap" everytime she finds me comparing myself unfavorably with my sister! It's terribly unhealthy. I am trying to be way more intentional about that...

Yeah, its not like she was mapping out some grand plan since she was like 8 or whatever to "best" you physically. Even though some of us on the receiving end of mother nature let such ideas take over our imaginations, raise our paranoia counts and let us sometimes believe that this is truly the case.

Yeah Kera, I remember being 13 verrry well, almost too well, for both the good and bad reasons. But I would not trade being who I am and where I am right now at 25 for being 13 again, despite the responsiblites and obligations in my life right now, and even having my younger sister being way smaller than me again, nooo way!

I would hate to receive an "electronic web bitchslap" from someone who knows karate, even if it was a virtual one smile.gif Would you settle for a pinch instead? wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Allison-Shine
post May 30 2011, 02:35 PM
Post #462

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(DeeRayy @ May 28 2011, 11:06 PM) *
but, i spent some time with my younger busty cousin this weekend for her 13th birthday and i did some thinking. and i realized that there's no reason for me to feel uncomfortable or ashamed around her. i genuinely care about her, and she's a sweet gir.l so i would slap myself if i ever let the mere fact that she has larger breasts stop me from spending time with her. more importantly, why the heck should i resent my own cousin for something neither of us have any control over? i'm not in competition with her. life isn't a contest to see who can nab the biggest cup size. honestly, if i let myself constantly compare my body to the rest of the world i'd go insane! i'm just going to let her be her and let me be me. besides, how am i ever going to become the best version of myself if i'm too busy worrying about everyone else?

That says a lot about you for not feeling entirely self-conscious around her and valuing your relationship and quality time with her over any body issues that you may have. Yeah you can't resent her for what she physically is, its obviously unintentional and just physical nature on her part.

+Quote Post
DeeRayy
post May 30 2011, 02:04 PM
Post #463

Hardcore BUSTie

hey girls! i just read the most adorable blog posts i've ever seen and i just have to share it with you guys!

http://stophatingyourbody.tumblr.com/post/...t-me-tell-you-a

her post made my day! this is definitely going on my favorites list. her thumbs up pose is adorable and she seems so happy with her itty bitties. it'll probably make a lot of you smile too smile.gif

i explored the entire site and it's one of the best body image movements i've seen. no bias, no "real women have curves" type slogans. just random people from all around the world posting pictures of their bodies and talking honestly about their struggles. it's fabulous smile.gif

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post May 29 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #464

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(DeeRayy @ May 28 2011, 11:06 PM) *
but, i spent some time with my younger busty cousin this weekend for her 13th birthday and i did some thinking. and i realized that there's no reason for me to feel uncomfortable or ashamed around her. i genuinely care about her, and she's a sweet gir.l so i would slap myself if i ever let the mere fact that she has larger breasts stop me from spending time with her. more importantly, why the heck should i resent my own cousin for something neither of us have any control over? i'm not in competition with her. life isn't a contest to see who can nab the biggest cup size. honestly, if i let myself constantly compare my body to the rest of the world i'd go insane! i'm just going to let her be her and let me be me. besides, how am i ever going to become the best version of myself if i'm too busy worrying about everyone else?

Yay DeeRayy! This is a big step in the right direction. Yeah, it's not like your cuz was all like, "I'm gonna grow some Cs this year. That'll show DeeRayy!" (if only it were that easy right? lolz) You've gotta focus on being the best "you" you can be regardless of your cup size. What a great example you will be setting for your young cousin as she enters those difficult teen years. *KeraBear shudders as she remembers the year she turned 13...*

Recently over PM i gave Karategrrl permission to give an "electronic web bitchslap" everytime she finds me comparing myself unfavorably with my sister! It's terribly unhealthy. I am trying to be way more intentional about that...

+Quote Post
DeeRayy
post May 28 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #465

Hardcore BUSTie

angie, i totally agree with you on that. i was raised on that same highly processed diet you just described, and i'm just now starting to shift to a health conscious diet now that i am older and know better. it's still frustrating when i look in the fridge and all there is is microwave food. i STILL butt heads with my mom over that. luckily there's an organic food store close to the apartment complex i'm moving into next year, plus a gym two blocks away so me and my roomie already make a pact to go regularly. yaay!

i feel like they should make kids take nutrition classes at the very least in this country. i grew up thinking that type of food was normal and acceptable to eat, and no one ever challenged that. it wasn't until i started reading up on nutrition myself that i realized how different my diet should be. and i feel so much better now that i don't eat that crap anymore! i don't think people in this country realize how much proper diet and exercise can improve your mood and well being. poor diets are so normal for people in north america now that i don't feel people question their eating habits nearly as much as they should.

i kinda wanna emphasize, however, that not all heavy women are busty and not all thin women are small busted. while that is the general trend, i have come across many women that are exceptions to this. there's always a reason for your bust size, but it is not always your diet. sometimes it's genetics, sometimes it's other factors. in my case i feel like it's this weird complicated mix of genetics(i failed to mention that my dad's side of the family is rather petite, like me) and medical reasons.

+Quote Post
angie_21
post May 28 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #466

Hardcore BUSTie

While I am a huge fan of hormone-free, non GM food, I would definitely place a lot of the blame for problems in North America on high fructose, low-fat, highly processed, carb-bloated diets so common to north americans. A lot of research that seems solid to me, but is not as highly publicized as the other stuff, backs up the idea that a high-sugar diet messes with a number of systems in the body, including insulin and hormones. I think a lot of the bigger breasts correlates with overall bigger bodies. Look at pictures of women in the 1950s - much trimmer overall, including in the bustline. But yeah, diet and health overall is a huge problem.

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post May 27 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #467

Hardcore BUSTie

Interesting link, Strongirl.

"There were 4-year-old girls with fully developed breasts. There were 3-year-old girls with pubic hair and vaginal bleeding. There were 1-year-old girls who had not yet begun to walk but whose breasts were growing."

Okay... I'm not usually one who uses profanity much, buuuuuttt... that is FUCKED UP! Omigosh...

+Quote Post
strongirl
post May 27 2011, 07:31 AM
Post #468

Hardcore BUSTie

OMG, Kera, the thought of training my tata's by giving them Scooby snacks...I laughed so hard I hurt myself! Ruh-roh! Girl, you have a true gift for comedy.

On the (documented) phenomenon of breasts and people getting bigger - I'm pretty well convinced that this is NOT evolution or better nutrition but rather the huge increase in the amount of estrogen and estrogen-like compounds that people are exposed to. I remember in the 1980's reading an article in Ms. magazine about how Puerto Rico had legalized Bovine Growth Hormone some years back and now were seeing alarming rates of precocious puberty, obesity, and male breast development (gynecomastia). The Ms. article was trying to bring attention it because it was up for a vote in the US Congress to legalize it here. I remember thinking "They will surely legalize it and in another 10 years, we'll start seeing the same thing." Sure enough, in the '90s I started seeing articles about how it was happening here. The average age of menarche (starting periods) has dropped dramatically in the US. Not only is there estrogen in the meat supply, certain plastics release compounds that affect the body like estrogen. So we're being barraged. I suspect this is one reason why the younger folks in here feel more "abnormal" than those of us who grew up in earlier decades. "Normal" has changed.

I see it not just with girls but with guys. The guys my son goes to high school with don't look like guys did when I was in school. They look softer, they have a layer of fat over their muscles, they're not hard and lean like guys when I grew up. My son is not like that but he is a vegetarian and I've tried hard to limit his hormone/chemical exposure. Recently I overheard a girlfriend hug him and say "You don't feel like other guys, you're solid muscle!"

I also think this is part of why we've seen huge increases in the rates of breast cancer and other hormone-fed cancers.

Here's an interesting snippet but there's a lot of stuff out there:

http://www.takepart.com/news/2010/08/11/ho...to-grow-breasts

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post May 26 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #469

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(angie_21 @ May 25 2011, 01:11 AM) *
But I also look up to the young "kids" here too.

I missed this bit. Awwww thanks! *blushing*

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post May 26 2011, 07:57 PM
Post #470

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Allison-Shine @ May 26 2011, 03:20 PM) *
It has to be more than just the hormones in food. Women like me and Kera have ate the same foods in the past decade when we were younger too. I think genetics or just simply human evolution are also factors.

Hmm... yeah, I was thinking this exact same thing. I was raised with the exact same diet as my "little" sister! Yeah, I am with DeeRayy in ruling out evolution, but genetics factor in for sure. My mom's side is sorta on the curvy side. My sister's were the beneficiaries of that. Buuuuuuuut there are women on my dad's side that are small petite types... those are my genes, i guess unsure.gif But I think there are other factors too... like physical activity. I run cross country and track which might explain why i was so late with the puberty stuff and my non-sporty sister was early. There is a reason why those gals you see on the US gymnastics team look so young!!

+Quote Post
DeeRayy
post May 26 2011, 05:18 PM
Post #471

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(karategrrl @ May 26 2011, 10:20 AM) *
Does this mean our boobies are still “training?” If so, I could think of many fine things we can be training our adult booblets for: training to whip ‘em out; to whap our lovers in the face with; to display proudly in boobie-happy tops…hmmm… I like this.

This made me smile, especially about the part about whapping our lovers in the face with them. ahaha, way to give me such a powerful visual karategrrl!
laugh.gif

and about the long skirts. idk if i'd go for that considering i'm only 5'2" haha. but i'll figure something out. you need not worry mama hen smile.gif

QUOTE(Allison-Shine @ May 26 2011, 12:20 PM) *
It has to be more than just the hormones in food. Women like me and Kera have ate the same foods in the past decade when we were younger too. I think genetics or just simply human evolution are also factors.

hmmm, idk about it being evolution because it's such a sudden trend. human evolution takes such a vast amount of time to leave tangible effects. i could be wrong though. and i wouldn't like to think of myself as un-evolved just because i'm not as tall and busty as other women. i also wonder whether it's a trend that's specific in the united states or if it's a global trend. i wonder if there's any articles on this. *strokes chin*, hmmmm.....

+Quote Post
Allison-Shine
post May 26 2011, 02:26 PM
Post #472

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(KeraBear @ May 26 2011, 02:39 PM) *
Karategrrl - LOL! I like your brain. smile.gif. And think of all sorts of fun tricks we can train our booblets to do. Shake? How shall we reward them? Boobie snack? ZOINKS!

Ohh my, easy Shaggy or my little Scrappy Doo:) If you come up with any tricks, do share ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Allison-Shine
post May 26 2011, 02:20 PM
Post #473

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(karategrrl @ May 26 2011, 01:20 PM) *
And I agree about the hormones in food as a contributing factor in the early puberty thing. You just didnt see this type of thing as often even as recently as 20 years ago.
KeraBear:
Does this mean our boobies are still “training?” If so, I could think of many fine things we can be training our adult booblets for: training to whip em out; to whap our lovers in the face with; to display proudly in boobie-happy topshmmm I like this.

I ummmm don't think your boobies need any "training" Karategrrl, I think you know what to do with them with the things you mentioned already wink.gif

I hate the word "training", especially when it applies to a training bra or training for a job. I always hated when i was new at a job and was considered "in training" like, for every aspect of the job I master, I get a treat? Do I have to sit up and beg? Do I have to roll over? Its just a silly word at times. Woof.

I like this too wink.gif

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post May 26 2011, 01:39 PM
Post #474

Hardcore BUSTie

Karategrrl - LOL! I like your brain. smile.gif. And think of all sorts of fun tricks we can train our booblets to do. Shake? How shall we reward them? Boobie snack? ZOINKS!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post May 26 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #475

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey DeeRayy, how do you feel about those long peasant-type skirts? Some of the new-agey ones are really fun and cute and would still offer some modesty while you -dont- melt to death. Even the knee-length, loose shorts you find in the sports storesthe ones more like the basketball players wearare good as well. Forgive the unsolicited fashion advice. I think Im being a mama hen in my old age. The thought of my poor bustie little sistahs uncomfy all day does not sit well with me. smile.gif

And I agree about the hormones in food as a contributing factor in the early puberty thing. You just didnt see this type of thing as often even as recently as 20 years ago.

KeraBear:
Does this mean our boobies are still training? If so, I could think of many fine things we can be training our adult booblets for: training to whip em out; to whap our lovers in the face with; to display proudly in boobie-happy topshmmm I like this.

+Quote Post
DeeRayy
post May 25 2011, 10:55 PM
Post #476

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(KeraBear @ May 25 2011, 04:16 PM) *
I am still not completely healed from my breakup with my ex not too long ago. He was my first (my first everything really ha ha). Before I got with him, i felt so invisible and always overlooked for the girls with curves. And after the breakup, i couldn't help but ask myself "wasn't i enough?!? What could i have done differently?" But this helps.

you're not alone kera! my ex was my first kiss, first date, first everything too. i think that's what makes it so difficult to move on completely, because we haven't experienced being with anyone else. and i probably still ask myself those same questions sometimes. that line that angie wrote really hit me too. i couldn't help but read it over and over, trying to make it stick. thank you for the other part of your post too. it made me smile. hugs to you kera!

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post May 25 2011, 06:16 PM
Post #477

Hardcore BUSTie

Back then they didn't have sports bras--just those horrid "training bras" that I could never bring myself to wear. God, I hate that fucking term to this day!! "Training!!??" What the fuck was I supposed to be "training" for? But forgive me, I digress.

I know! For realz!!! I don't know what I was training for... but whatever it was, my boobies were training for much too loooooooong!! sad.gif Why were you so resistant at first? At that age, that was allllll the rage! ha ha

but remember, you didn't lose that guy to another girl, he lost you.

What a beautiful statement ... and true! I know this because from my interactions with DeeRayy in this forum and over PM I know she is a beautiful person inside and out! Also, even though this wasn't directed at me, I really took it to heart. I am still not completely healed from my breakup with my ex not too long ago. He was my first (my first everything really ha ha). Before I got with him, i felt so invisible and always overlooked for the girls with curves. And after the breakup, i couldn't help but ask myself "wasn't i enough?!? What could i have done differently?" But this helps.

Thank you, Angi-Wan! (Sorry... your new nickname, whether you like it or not. smile.gif )

+Quote Post
DeeRayy
post May 25 2011, 03:21 PM
Post #478

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(karategrrl @ May 25 2011, 09:56 AM) *
Part of it was to try and avoid the leers and comments of horny old fuckwads who seem to visually prey more on teens than they even do on grown women. I vividly remember sweating my fucking balls off outside in the sun one hot day at lunchtime in 6th grade...I was ashamed of my little booblets so couldn't bring myself to wear an actual bra of any kind, yet for modesty against "show-though," I was wearing a tank top under my t-shirt--two layers!! Blagh!! Back then they didn't have sports bras--just those horrid "training bras" that I could never bring myself to wear. God, I hate that fucking term to this day!! "Training!!??" What the fuck was I supposed to be "training" for? But forgive me, I digress. <ahem.>

My point is, the confidence has come with life experience, and maybe yours will as well. And I must say that though I still get comments, they're not usually as graphic, crude and disgusting as the ones I used to get. There are some sick, no-balls motherfuckers out there for sure, who like the "easy prey" of the young'uns. Just try that shit now and see how I whomp their asses with my 42 years' worth of intolerance. wink.gif It gets funner, DeeRayy!

ahaha! the training bra comment killed me. I also find that name stupid. the only thing those contraptions trained me to do was obsess over the size of my boobs even more!

i've also noticed that old perves tend to harass the younger crowd. it seems that they'll ogle anything under the age of eighteen with legs. They probably know better than to mess with older women. and judging from your words they'd sure learn their lesson if they tried to say something to you! haha, way to go karategrrl smile.gif

i do my best to cover up in public, mainly because i'm self conscious. but a definite perk of that is avoiding those kind of gross comments for the most part. but it's getting rather hot in my area, and i'm not sure how much longer i can last wearing jeans and loose shirts! i tried to put on shorts this morning, but i kept looking down at my bare legs while eating breakfast and i just knew that i was gonna feel extremely uncomfortable the whole day if i were to go to school in them so i just slipped on some jeans instead.

QUOTE(Allison-Shine @ May 25 2011, 11:24 AM) *
I don't know how long this has historically been going on with pre-teens and early-teen girls with C cups, curves and height but it can't be as epidemic as it is now. I don't recall being at that age too many instances of seeing girls my age then being bigger than adult women. Someone who is older can probably give me a history lesson here. It's weird being in your mid-20s and seeing those around half your age taller and bustier than you. And bikini season is coming unsure.gif lol.

i feel you allison. when i told my doctor about how i felt i wasn't developing at a normal rate she just told me that a lot of the fast growth and development that we see today is a fairly recent trend and is by no means normal. she blames a lot of it on growing obesity rates and poor diets. this is just my opinion, but i think another contributor is all the hormones and crap that gets put into a lot of the food sold nowadays as well.

+Quote Post
Allison-Shine
post May 25 2011, 01:24 PM
Post #479

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(DeeRayy @ May 22 2011, 07:21 PM) *
kera, well you've definitely got the humor part nailed! ahaha, that jogging line killed me! i actually wasn't teased all the time but the teasing i did endure hurt a lot because it came from people who (at the time) were so close to me. my alleged "best friend" during sophomore and junior year in high school used to always point out how small they were. i can remember one particular occasion where one of our friends as complaining about how she wished her boobs were bigger and my "bestie" said right in front of everyone "at least you're not like *DeeRayy*! look at hers!". it was soooo embarrassing. and my closest cousin also made jokes about how our younger cousin was passing me up already at the age of eleven. and of course everyone here knows the story about my first boyfriend, which probably hurt most of all. and it confused me so much because these people were supposed to care about me! i already talked to my cousin about it and he apologized and didn't realize how much of a sensitive issue it is for me. and the other two are cut from my life for good.

that's another thing i've been meaning to mention to you kera! i can relate to how you feel now because both my twelve and fourteen year old cousin are now c-cups. it definitely sucks because i see the twelve year old all the time. i almost feel embarrassed to be in the same room with her. but she never teases me about, thank god!

It used to be that I would see girls 14-16 passing me up, now I am noticing more that girls 11-13 are as well. My freind and I went to visit a freind of hers who has a daughter who was 11 at the time. It was like "Allie, meet Brianna" and this girl is eye to eye with me. Im not terribly short at 5'3" but Brianna was an inch taller and I could tell that she was slightly more curvier than me. And yes I was also a little uneasy about in being in the same room with her. All my freind and Brianna's mom talked about for 20 minutes is how much she was growing.

All of that was two years ago, I have only seen Brianna once since then and I asked my freind how big she was now. My freind responded casually"oh like 5'6" now and a C cup" like it was normal or something.

I don't know how long this has historically been going on with pre-teens and early-teen girls with C cups, curves and height but it can't be as epidemic as it is now. I don't recall being at that age too many instances of seeing girls my age then being bigger than adult women. Someone who is older can probably give me a history lesson here. It's weird being in your mid-20s and seeing those around half your age taller and bustier than you. And bikini season is coming unsure.gif lol.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post May 25 2011, 11:56 AM
Post #480

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(DeeRayy @ May 25 2011, 03:15 PM) *
thank you for the responses, all. i just needed to vent a little.

This is the place!!!
karategrrl, i just might start with the whole dream diary business.

I think strongirls' insights are really good. Might I add that I think a lot of what we dream is just the mind kind of playing with things, unraveling things, and is very interesting. Personally, I had many dreams where something dangerous was happening (sky literally falling, killing people; my furnace on fire, etc. and my now ex poo-pooing my concerns as I tried to save him and the others). Once I realized the ongoing theme, I realized it summed up a lot of what was going on in our relationship and I hadn't been resolve with him in reality, so I did it in my dreams. Really interesting stuff, actually.

btw, strongirl and karategrrl, i really admire your views on aging as well. honestly , it seems like you guys are more comfortable with dressing skimpy than I am! I'm a teenager and i don't even own a miniskirt, or any low cut tops.

That's not so weird! I feel more comfy now than I EVER did as a teen. I was actually thinking recently of how, especially as a younger teen, I'd never wear shorts or anything remotely skimpy on top. Most of it was that I just wasn't at all comfy in my own skin and terribly self-conscious. Part of it was to try and avoid the leers and comments of horny old fuckwads who seem to visually prey more on teens than they even do on grown women. I vividly remember sweating my fucking balls off outside in the sun one hot day at lunchtime in 6th grade...I was ashamed of my little booblets so couldn't bring myself to wear an actual bra of any kind, yet for modesty against "show-though," I was wearing a tank top under my t-shirt--two layers!! Blagh!! Back then they didn't have sports bras--just those horrid "training bras" that I could never bring myself to wear. God, I hate that fucking term to this day!! "Training!!??" What the fuck was I supposed to be "training" for? But forgive me, I digress. <ahem.>

My point is, the confidence has come with life experience, and maybe yours will as well. And I must say that though I still get comments, they're not usually as graphic, crude and disgusting as the ones I used to get. There are some sick, no-balls motherfuckers out there for sure, who like the "easy prey" of the young'uns. Just try that shit now and see how I whomp their asses with my 42 years' worth of intolerance. wink.gif It gets funner, DeeRayy!

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 22, 2014 - 09:35 AM