Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 211 212 213 214 215 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
alwaysonmymind
post Feb 7 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #4241

BUSTie

Laides when you girls are taking Flagyl and are prone to yeast infections. Be sure to lay off the sugar and pasta. Including soda's, juice especially cranberry juice. Pretty much only drink water and a lot of it. Food like rice, pasta, and bread all contribute to a yeast infection. I know from so much experience with Flagyl and yes it did help me get rid of the infection but did not help with reoccurence. I too, have tried douching with Benadine. This defintely helped with the odor but made me really irritated. I used it for a couple days along with inserting accophilidus (sorry I do not know how to spell it). We'll after I stopped using it the bv came back. Although, our bodies are all different and react differently as well. Good luck, I am still hoping for the cure! Also, a couple of years back I was suffering madly from BV, and my doctor prescribed me 2 weeks of Flagyl and 2 weeks of Clyndamycin. This helped..... but the only thing that prevents me from getting BV is protected sex which I have so I haven't been able to test any of the new remedies. Good luck again!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Feb 7 2007, 01:54 PM
Post #4242

Hardcore BUSTie

p.s. has anyone had vaginal bleeding from being on flagyl or metrogel? whenever i use them i start spotting and every day it gets worse. it kind of worries me. is that not normal??

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Feb 7 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #4243

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(pianogirl @ Feb 7 2007, 12:42 AM) *

All you have to do is stuff the capsules with boric acid and insert in the vagina over night..you will have runny discharge..if your smell is not so bad perhaps you should try the hydrogen peroxide as you wont have the icky discharge.

Good Luck!

Melissa

thanks!! you would use the peroxide though instead if my problem isn't the smell? how do you do that? and how do you know how much/how often to use?

i've been reading a lot on the internet for the past few days on how to keep this from coming back and i found something one woman does every day and i was wondering if any of you have tried anything like this?

- women's multivitamin + flax oil pill with one meal
- 50mg zinc + 28 mg iron + B and C complex + flax oil pill with another meal (not with dairy - dairy impedes iron absorption)
- 100mg acidophilus + bifidus between meals
- plenty of water to process all of this

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Feb 7 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #4244

BUSTie

PG - I just finished my period the other day so it's hard to tell if it's helping or not. Yesterday I had very little discharge and not much of a smell, so I was excited. I think that usually things are a bit clearer a day or two after my period anyway though. Today I noticed a bit of smell and I'm waiting to see how the rest of the day goes. I think I'm going to use the HP just to help flush things out a bit after menstruating... at the very least I hope the estroil helps with the cracking, itching and bleeding I get on the outside.

Neverending said it took three months to see results though so I would urge us all to be patient.

Debbie - Sorry if your for real, but the language used in your post : "reduced my symptoms of Yeast and BV dramatically... something all the potions, lotions, creams and spinal blocks have not.... fomulated in the Netherlands... made by BioClin.... easy to use, not too messy and eases the itch, smell, discomfort and overall embarassing feeling that something is not quite right 'down there'... "Reasonably priced"
It all reeks of the 'not-so-fresh-feeling;, girl talk, woman-to-woman type infomercial crap that advertisers think will make us feel some sort of comradery, or understood somehow. but it doesn't. it's patronizing.
If you are not a troll and not trying to sell us some snake oil bullshit product than I apologise profusely. But it sure as hell sounded that way!

+Quote Post
latinrican
post Feb 7 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #4245

BUSTie

Hey Jewels.... how's the flagyl going? Please let us know how its coming along.. also, did someone say u can order Flagyl online?

+Quote Post
Beauty & her...
post Feb 7 2007, 06:52 AM
Post #4246

Hardcore BUSTie

Argh! I'm thinking I have BV again. The worst part is, I don't have a gyno right now (I'm in that post-college, I still had a few months until my birth control ran out, crapy insurance area of my life.)

:::grumble grumble grumble:::

Sorry, I have nothing useful to enter here, I just needed to vent that I'm getting this...AGAIN! It's frustrating.

--------------------
-Beck

+Quote Post
debbie32404
post Feb 7 2007, 05:12 AM
Post #4247

I certainly was not trying to 'promote' a product. I cannot belive how vehement that response was. I have absolutely no affiliations with this company whatsoever. I thought this board was intended for women who have similar issues and problems to share ideas and remedies. I listed all of the information in one place just in case someone was interested in a different 'remedy'. After all it seems as if most of us have all tried Metrogel, Flagyl, BA and all the rest multiple times, all to no avail. I figured what could it hurt to share some information. However, I guess it was not well received.

+Quote Post
lapis
post Feb 7 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #4248

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Eralc Alegna @ Feb 6 2007, 09:05 PM) *

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, the first part of my post was not directed at you. It was in response to debbie32404 and someone who had posted a few weeks ago. People promoting specific products and posing as a satisified customer. It's complete bullshit and totally transparent.

I hope you feel welcome here and didn't take offense to my comments that were in response to your post.

Thanks--I was feeling like a lightening rod which does not feel good.

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Feb 6 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #4249

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Eralc Alegna @ Feb 6 2007, 08:05 PM) *

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, the first part of my post was not directed at you. It was in response to debbie32404 and someone who had posted a few weeks ago. People promoting specific products and posing as a satisified customer. It's complete bullshit and totally transparent.

I hope you feel welcome here and didn't take offense to my comments that were in response to your post.

EA how is the estriol working for you? I am using the boric in the morning because the smell was bad....I also plan on using it every night for three months (I think I have enough) smile.gif

[quote name='anitsirhc' post='133755' date='Feb 6 2007, 02:07 AM']
hi, my name is christina and i've read this forum a few times. i've been trying to get rid of bv since august, my doctors say it goes away and comes back but honestly i don't feel like it ever goes away. but then again, i can't really tell when i have it except for some yellowish discharge. anyway, i've been on clindesse twice, flagyl 3 times and metrogel once. and nothing has worked. and of course i've had yeast infections from all the antibiotics. i'm on flagyl right now, i can't tell if it's going away or not but i'm really itchy so i'm going to guess i have a yeast infection even though i've been taking a lot of acidophylus (not sure if i spelled that right) and drinking cranberry juice.

i HATE flagyl! it makes me feel so crappy, this is the last time i'm taking it because i know it can't be good to be taking all these antibiotics over and over again. my doctor prescribed me 500mg 3 times a day last time (i'm not going to him anymore) and i was puking my brains out because he gave me too much.

i've read about the boric acid a bunch of times and i think i'm ready to try it. i'm a little scared though cause i want to make sure i get the right stuff. and how much/when to use it. i have 3 more days of the flagyl so i'm thinking i'll take it when i'm done with it and then again after i get my period. i read that you need empty gel capsules. are there a certain kind that are safe to put up into your vagina or do i just look for "empty gelatin capsules." and i've also read to use size 0 and size 00. so i figured i'd ask since i read that a lot of you have used it and been successful.

Welcome to the board!

THe boric seems to be the only thing that works for me...I purchased empty size 00 capsules from the health food store...I also purchased boric acid from CVS.

All you have to do is stuff the capsules with boric acid and insert in the vagina over night..you will have runny discharge..if your smell is not so bad perhaps you should try the hydrogen peroxide as you wont have the icky discharge.

Good Luck!

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Feb 6 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #4250

BUSTie

QUOTE(lapis @ Feb 5 2007, 12:31 PM) *

Sorry everyone. I wasn't trying to capitalize on anyone's suffering--I remember being sick for a long time and was trying to offer up some shortcuts. Despite their inaccuracy, my comments were well-intentioned, so I won't post unless I know what I am really talking about. It seems like my bv morphed into vaginitis along the way, so the longterm solution for me addressed high acidity--which is inconsistent with bv. Thanks for pointing out my mistake, Eralc, and sorry if I failed to contribute in a positive way. Sorry and good luck.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Feb 6 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #4251

Hardcore BUSTie

found this and thought i would fill it out since i'm new...

1. age? 21

2. how long have you been battling BV? about 6 months

3. married/ LT relationship or sexually active with more than 1 partner or not sexually active or other? LT relationship

4. main symptoms?. a lot of discharge and a little smell... not fishy though. i can't really describe what it smells like. the first thought that comes to mind is glue even though that's really weird haha.

5. rate odor on scale 1-10 1-being no smell at all 10- horrific: 4, unless i'm doing a lot (like at the gym) then i smell it more.

6. rate discharge 1-10 1- being normal vaginal discharge 10- extreme: depends on what i'm doing, if i sit around all day i would say about a 4 but if i go to the gym it's definitely a 10.

7. what have you tried to get rid of BV? clindesse twice, metrogel once, flagyl 3 times but i had to stop it halfway through once because it was making me sick, which was when i went on the metrogel.

8. what do you think originally caused your BV? i have no idea. i didn't even know i had it until i had my pap smear and my doctor called me back to tell me i had it. it seems like it's just been worse since then.

9. what birth control are you using, if any? right now i'm on yaz but i'm switching to ortho tri cyclen lo next month.

10. how many drs. have you been to regarding this problem and you experiences? 3

11. thongs or regular panties? it used to be thongs all the time until this happened, i almost always wear regular panties now unless i need to wear a thong. even then i try not to.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Feb 6 2007, 12:50 AM
Post #4252

Hardcore BUSTie

hi, my name is christina and i've read this forum a few times. i've been trying to get rid of bv since august, my doctors say it goes away and comes back but honestly i don't feel like it ever goes away. but then again, i can't really tell when i have it except for some yellowish discharge. anyway, i've been on clindesse twice, flagyl 3 times and metrogel once. and nothing has worked. and of course i've had yeast infections from all the antibiotics. i'm on flagyl right now, i can't tell if it's going away or not but i'm really itchy so i'm going to guess i have a yeast infection even though i've been taking a lot of acidophylus (not sure if i spelled that right) and drinking cranberry juice.

i HATE flagyl! it makes me feel so crappy, this is the last time i'm taking it because i know it can't be good to be taking all these antibiotics over and over again. my doctor prescribed me 500mg 3 times a day last time (i'm not going to him anymore) and i was puking my brains out because he gave me too much.

i've read about the boric acid a bunch of times and i think i'm ready to try it. i'm a little scared though cause i want to make sure i get the right stuff. and how much/when to use it. i have 3 more days of the flagyl so i'm thinking i'll take it when i'm done with it and then again after i get my period. i read that you need empty gel capsules. are there a certain kind that are safe to put up into your vagina or do i just look for "empty gelatin capsules." and i've also read to use size 0 and size 00. so i figured i'd ask since i read that a lot of you have used it and been successful.

i'm really sick of this. it's making me depressed. it's ruining my sex life and i feel like i'm constantly on medicine that makes me feel crappy. i'm ready to get rid of it. it's nice to be able to talk to people who understand.

ok sorry for such a long post and thanks for your help in advance!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
deprime
post Feb 5 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #4253

BUSTie

Sorry to report it, but the Estroil isn't working for me (I hope it's working for others, though).

When I go back to the doc, I'll get some more Flagyl to try.

(btw -- one time, a GYN gave me a tube of stuff called Trimo-San -- she said it's what BV used to be treated with... Trimo-San is a good quick fix for me, but it gives me horrible yeast infections...) Jewels & everyone: let's keep our fingers crossed for the Flagyl!

+Quote Post
D double U
post Feb 5 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #4254

BUSTie

Thanx so much. I've tried so many things and im tired of being frustrated and feeling hopeless. Part of me wants to just give up and face the fact that this shit will be here for life. I dunno I'm going through a rough time; BV only makes it 10 times worse sad.gif

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Feb 5 2007, 06:36 PM
Post #4255

Hardcore BUSTie

Oral Flagyl. NOT THE GEL. Seems to be working, however, I'm stupid and had sex yesterday. Now I feel like maybe a yeast infection is coming on. But, could just be raw from sex, since it had been over a month for me.

I did not do another pill last night, just because I wanted to wait one more day. I will definatley do one tonight, then leave it alone for the rest of the week. I will let you all know the outcome. I'm using 500MG. Oh, and there's no annoying discharge like with the Boric.

+Quote Post
D double U
post Feb 5 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #4256

BUSTie

Jewels was this oral flagyl or the gel. I think I saw someone on here post that inserted the oral flagyl is effective. Im trying to get it online.....

+Quote Post
lapis
post Feb 5 2007, 11:14 AM
Post #4257

Hardcore BUSTie

Sorry everyone. I wasn't trying to capitalize on anyone's suffering--I remember being sick for a long time and was trying to offer up some shortcuts. Despite their inaccuracy, my comments were well-intentioned, so I won't post unless I know what I am really talking about. It seems like my bv morphed into vaginitis along the way, so the longterm solution for me addressed high acidity--which is inconsistent with bv. Thanks for pointing out my mistake, Eralc, and sorry if I failed to contribute in a positive way. Sorry and good luck.

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Feb 5 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #4258

BUSTie

I just love that this board has finally attracted the trolls. As if we don't have enough bullshit to sift through already.... WAY TO TRY TO CAPITALISE ON OUR SUFFERING!

And, um, lapis? i think you might be a little confused. If this worked for you than great, I'm happy for you! But the problem here is not that we're TOO acidic, we're not acidic enough. If your baking soda cure is meant to neutralise the pH of our vaginas than I for one will pass this one up

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Feb 4 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #4259

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok ladies, smell is gone. Had sex today, even though I probably shouldn't have, but, had to, and there wasn't even a hint of smell. WHAT SO EVER!!

I will do 1 more dose of the Flagyl tonight, and see what happens the rest of this week. But, needless to say, it did work. Just have no idea for how long.

+Quote Post
debbie32404
post Feb 4 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #4260

It has been a while since I posted here, but I wanted to let you know about a product I found on-line that I have been using over the past two weeks. It has reduced my symptoms of Yeast and BV dramatically, something all the potions, lotions, creams and spinal blocks have not. It is called Multi-Gyn Gel. It was fomulated in the Netherlands and is made by BioClin. It is easy to use, not too messy and eases the itch, smell, discomfort and overall embarassing feeling that something is not quite right 'down there'. It is reasonably priced ($15.75, although I would not have cared if it was $100) and the service is good. It is a gel that you use twice a day to start with and then downgrade to once a day. You can find them at www.multigyn.com. Just thought I would share this.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 211 212 213 214 215 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 20, 2014 - 07:45 PM