Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 64 65 66 67 68 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
Honeymelon
post Sep 4 2008, 12:22 AM
Post #1301

QUOTE(dani1983 @ Sep 3 2008, 11:51 PM) *
Definitely a sign that you have to change doctor! If you have ovarian cysts, wouldn't they be able to diagnose them through an x ray? ask them for one of those! or even better, a catscan

I'm on my 3rd day of flagyl and today i had some drinks... no abdominal pain but i'm soooo freaking nauseous right now :'(

oh i've had xrays, ctscans, and sonograms and they never found anything. so yeah, i'm thinking it's probably not my ovaries that are causing trouble although it could have been to small to see...
aww, sorry about your nausea, i'm glad i'm not on flagyl right now cuz i'm planning to have a few this weekend! wink.gif
thank you guys so much for your responses, i feel so loved!! wub.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Sep 3 2008, 11:51 PM
Post #1302

BUSTie

QUOTE(Honeymelon @ Sep 3 2008, 02:18 PM) *
OOO good point! thanks for mentioning this. i did ask for oral medicine last time i was at the gyno and she told me it didn't exist. yea right.

Definitely a sign that you have to change doctor! If you have ovarian cysts, wouldn't they be able to diagnose them through an x ray? ask them for one of those! or even better, a catscan

I'm on my 3rd day of flagyl and today i had some drinks... no abdominal pain but i'm soooo freaking nauseous right now :'(

+Quote Post
Honeymelon
post Sep 3 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #1303

QUOTE(lori @ Sep 3 2008, 01:02 AM) *
Hi Honeymelon:

It sounds like you have some kind of inflammation. Untreated BV can cause cervicitis (inflammation of the cervix) and that might explain why a pap smear is so painful. And the metrogel might have caused a yeast infection, which might explain the itching.

If you're inflamed, I would not suggest inserting boric acid, which could make things worse.

My suggestion is that you see another doctor. I know you don't want to, but I'll tell you right now that there is probably nothing over-the-counter that's going to fix this permanently. Instead of metrogel, maybe you can ask the doctor to prescribe you oral flagyl (same medication in pill form), and have him monitor your inflammation.

OOO good point! thanks for mentioning this. i did ask for oral medicine last time i was at the gyno and she told me it didn't exist. yea right. anyway, i've been told i could have endometriosis or ovarian cysts but you know it could be cervicitis that's causing my pain and this has been going on for like 5 years so this could be bad.....
thank you lori!

+Quote Post
Honeymelon
post Sep 3 2008, 01:13 PM
Post #1304

QUOTE(neverending @ Sep 2 2008, 03:54 PM) *
Hey,
Give the femdophilious(sp?) time. With anything it takes time to see whether or not it's going to work. Oh, BORIC ACID SHOULD NEVER BE SWALLOWED! NEVER EVER PERIOD! It should go up the Vajayjay. Also, douching should not be done everyday. You may be pushing bacteria where it does not belong which may lead to PID. You know, I got so use to pap smears that no lube does not bother me but then again I have a high tolerance for pain. Next time let them know before starting that you would like lube to be used. Don't be afraid to speak up! Hope this helps! Oh, welcome to the board! Glad your here. This is the best board on the net and it's filled with lots of valuable info!

Thank you so much for the feedback. when i went the last time to the gyno i did tell them and apparently to take an STI test you can't use lube or it won't work. and i'll make sure to not swallow the Boric acid. I can't find it right now anyway....

+Quote Post
lori
post Sep 3 2008, 01:02 AM
Post #1305

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Honeymelon @ Sep 2 2008, 01:33 PM) *
So i'm new here, so hello everybody. Ive had BV for like 2 years now, and i'm partly glad i'm not the only one with this problem and saddend that others have to go thru this. But anyway, ive tried probly everything to make this go away. I will NOT go to the gyno anymore because the three times i went were absolute HELL. I have never experienced so much pain. to get a pap with no lube is not right. i couldn't even scream it hurt so bad. anyway, so the doc gave me something i think it was metro-something and it made me itch so bad and then did nothing to help. So i searched and searched for at home ways to cure this and the only thing that helps me a little is douching with hydrogen peroxide. i know it's probably the worst thing possible, but it works, that and inserting yogurt. but the problem is that they only work for a day, and i doubt it's healthy to do this everyday. So i bought femdopholus and it hasn't done anything on its own, so my question is how do i take it and would it help to also take boric acid, and how do you take it? do you insert it you know where or swallow it, and would it work like in douche form??
help!
Thanks!!

Hi Honeymelon:

It sounds like you have some kind of inflammation. Untreated BV can cause cervicitis (inflammation of the cervix) and that might explain why a pap smear is so painful. And the metrogel might have caused a yeast infection, which might explain the itching.

If you're inflamed, I would not suggest inserting boric acid, which could make things worse.

My suggestion is that you see another doctor. I know you don't want to, but I'll tell you right now that there is probably nothing over-the-counter that's going to fix this permanently. Instead of metrogel, maybe you can ask the doctor to prescribe you oral flagyl (same medication in pill form), and have him monitor your inflammation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
catwalk
post Sep 2 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #1306

BUSTie

Has anyone tried Dong Quai? It's supposed to be good for a whole bunch of stuff.....

"the main part of the root is a tonic, and the end of the root eliminates blood stagnation. it is considered the "female ginseng" because of its balancing effect on the female hormonal system"

I've added it to my 'cup of pills' I take now, which includes:
1g Flax seed oil
1g Omega 3-6-9
1g Primrose Oil
500mg Echinacea
500mg Dong Quai
400mg Vitex
Vit B50 complex (turns my pee BRIGHT yellow, lol)
Cranberry extract (cuz i hate cranberry juice)
3 pills of Lactobacillus Acidophilus & Bifidus

I'm doing pretty well, but still have discharge 'fall' out of me when I go to the bathroom... like a LOT. But at least no smell & not much discharge at all (even when standing!) so I'm happy. Still looking for a better treatment.....

--------------------
Thanks everyone on Bust Lounge!!! Fem-D changed my life! BV be gone! Try from Iherb (cheapest) with code LAZ615 & save another $5! :D

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 2 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #1307

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Honeymelon @ Sep 2 2008, 09:33 PM) *
So i'm new here, so hello everybody. Ive had BV for like 2 years now, and i'm partly glad i'm not the only one with this problem and saddend that others have to go thru this. But anyway, ive tried probly everything to make this go away. I will NOT go to the gyno anymore because the three times i went were absolute HELL. I have never experienced so much pain. to get a pap with no lube is not right. i couldn't even scream it hurt so bad. anyway, so the doc gave me something i think it was metro-something and it made me itch so bad and then did nothing to help. So i searched and searched for at home ways to cure this and the only thing that helps me a little is douching with hydrogen peroxide. i know it's probably the worst thing possible, but it works, that and inserting yogurt. but the problem is that they only work for a day, and i doubt it's healthy to do this everyday. So i bought femdopholus and it hasn't done anything on its own, so my question is how do i take it and would it help to also take boric acid, and how do you take it? do you insert it you know where or swallow it, and would it work like in douche form??
help!
Thanks!!

Hey,
Give the femdophilious(sp?) time. With anything it takes time to see whether or not it's going to work. Oh, BORIC ACID SHOULD NEVER BE SWALLOWED! NEVER EVER PERIOD! It should go up the Vajayjay. Also, douching should not be done everyday. You may be pushing bacteria where it does not belong which may lead to PID. You know, I got so use to pap smears that no lube does not bother me but then again I have a high tolerance for pain. Next time let them know before starting that you would like lube to be used. Don't be afraid to speak up! Hope this helps! Oh, welcome to the board! Glad your here. This is the best board on the net and it's filled with lots of valuable info!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 2 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #1308

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(nicolemr @ Aug 31 2008, 06:53 AM) *
Neverending,
Congrats on your success!!!
How did you figure out that you have a hormonal problem? Is it something you suspected or did the doctor run tests? Do you take hormones? Thanks for the input.
I feel like something is just not right but when I have gone for tests they cannot find anything wrong. This might be TMI but, I was standing in my bedroom (naked) deciding what to wear, had just finished my period 5 days previously. Then gush all of a sudden, I am bleeding. It was all over the floor, my husband thought that somehow I had cut myself! This kinda thing happen to anyone else?? ohmy.gif

Hey hun,

Thanks a lot! I don't remember when I figured out that this was hormonal but it's documented here (just to lazy to go back and look at it) but yeap your hormones control a lot. I didn't realize that. If I could go back again, I would have done my research before making my decision that day. I don't take anything now but b-12 and diet pills Alli. That's it! As far as your problem with bleeding, no I've never had that happen. I don't know what may have caused that. Maybe Inflammation?! Anyway, hope all is well hun and no, nothing is TMI for me. I'm grown! I don't think this is something to be ashamed of, I don't think this is TMI, and I don't think this is something gross or disgusting. This is our bodies! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Honeymelon
post Sep 2 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #1309

help!
Thanks!!

+Quote Post
lori
post Sep 1 2008, 12:10 PM
Post #1310

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(dani1983 @ Sep 1 2008, 08:37 AM) *
I'm taking 2 fem-d in the morning(like lori suggested) with one flagyl, and then another flagyl at night.

Don't take the fem-d with flagyl at the same time.

The fem-d insert says that you should take them a couple hours apart - because the antibiotic may kill some of the good bacteria in the fem-d.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Sep 1 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #1311

BUSTie

Busties,

I got the fem-D last week, Tuesday, and I took it for two days...the BV kinda disappeared but then at night I would get a small discharge, but that's it (taking into account that the only symptom I have of BV is a discharge- no smell, no pain, nothing). THen I stopped taking it because I decided I wanted to start taking it when I start the Flagyl, and today is my first day! busties, wish me some luck! I'm taking 2 fem-d in the morning(like lori suggested) with one flagyl, and then another flagyl at night.

QUOTE(neverending @ Aug 26 2008, 11:05 PM) *
Wow, so many new ladies here! I like to see newcomers but it sucks at the same time because I realize this is becoming such a widespread problem.

I'm not new lol I've been a member since +2 years ago? But I forgot the password for my other account and I could never get it back :-(
I'm glad you found it was an hormonal imbalance! Maybe that's what I have too? I'm starting to think that mine MIGHT be related to stress....has anyone ever thought about this? I started getting BV symptoms last july, when I got SUPER stressed out cause I didn't get paid for 3 months straight, and since then I've been stressed out non-stop.

+Quote Post
nicolemr
post Aug 31 2008, 12:53 AM
Post #1312

Neverending,
Congrats on your success!!!
How did you figure out that you have a hormonal problem? Is it something you suspected or did the doctor run tests? Do you take hormones? Thanks for the input.
I feel like something is just not right but when I have gone for tests they cannot find anything wrong. This might be TMI but, I was standing in my bedroom (naked) deciding what to wear, had just finished my period 5 days previously. Then gush all of a sudden, I am bleeding. It was all over the floor, my husband thought that somehow I had cut myself! This kinda thing happen to anyone else?? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
sassy
post Aug 28 2008, 07:24 PM
Post #1313

Hardcore BUSTie

I got mine at Walmart (cringe) and it wasn't behind the counter.

+Quote Post
catwalk
post Aug 28 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #1314

BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Aug 27 2008, 10:28 PM) *
Where exactly can I buy Boric Acid? I heard it can be found at a drugstore. A drugstore like Walgreens or CVS maybe?

Yes, they should have them! They might be behind the counter though so you will have to ask the pharmacist. You should be able to get (or order if they don't have them) the empty 0 or 00 capsules there too. The Boric Acid will be in a container anywhere from 50-500g. The smallest one should be fine to fill a LOT of caps!
smile.gif

--------------------
Thanks everyone on Bust Lounge!!! Fem-D changed my life! BV be gone! Try from Iherb (cheapest) with code LAZ615 & save another $5! :D

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Aug 27 2008, 09:28 PM
Post #1315

Where exactly can I buy Boric Acid? I heard it can be found at a drugstore. A drugstore like Walgreens or CVS maybe?

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Aug 27 2008, 01:38 PM
Post #1316

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Aug 27 2008, 02:00 PM) *
Sooo Sad: The boric acid is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I use it for maintenance. The powder is the correct form. To fill the capsule up, I pour some powder on a paper towel and sort of scoop it up into the capsule. I usually fill them about 3/4 full. Then I put the lid on the capsule and wipe off any excess powder on the outside of it. I make a bunch at a time and store them in a little plastic container in my bathroom.

thanks so much for all your help. a few more questions, if you don't mind. wink.gif how many times a week are you doing it and how long have you been doing it? do you know of any bad side effects of using it for a long period of time? are you also taking fem d too? bv free yet? sorry to be sooo nosy but i don't know how to deal with this thing and i need some ideas. seems like quietmadness got rid of her bv with this and in combination with tto. i might do that.

i really appreciate you sassy hon!!!!!!!!!

sooo sad

+Quote Post
sassy
post Aug 27 2008, 01:00 PM
Post #1317

Hardcore BUSTie

Sooo Sad: The boric acid is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I use it for maintenance. The powder is the correct form. To fill the capsule up, I pour some powder on a paper towel and sort of scoop it up into the capsule. I usually fill them about 3/4 full. Then I put the lid on the capsule and wipe off any excess powder on the outside of it. I make a bunch at a time and store them in a little plastic container in my bathroom.

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Aug 27 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #1318

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Aug 27 2008, 09:12 AM) *
If you go to the "Our Bodies, Our Hells" section so that you can see all the threads, it tells you who started each thread. The person who started this thread is called shenique or something like that. Just click on her name and message her through bust and it sends it to her e-mail, unless she has changed it.

thanks hon...........

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Aug 27 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #1319

Hardcore BUSTie

ladies
can anyone help or guide me with making my own boric acid capsules? i bought some boric acid at the pharmacy but when i got home i realized that it was boric acid "powder".....is that the same thing? do i fill a 00 capsule all the way? thanks in advance

sooo sad

+Quote Post
catwalk
post Aug 27 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #1320

BUSTie

So right now I'm on flagystatin, which is nystatin & metronidazole in cream form. Has anyone tried this and/or had success with it????

It's messy & I'm pissed off cuz I asked my doctor if there was a vaginal ovule form and he said "no.".... so I come to work today (I work at a pharmacy distributor) and find that there is ovules. mad.gif

I get to call next week for my latest test results (I don't have gonorrhea? no DUH! I told you that 5475 times!) and will be asking for the ovules instead of this cream crap.

I'm doing well so far, no itching/burning/smell but I'm not sure about the discharge since I'm finishing off my period, plus the flagystatin looks awful so who knows!

My bf is getting a bit annoyed (it's been over a month with no sex sad.gif ) and I'd really like to celebrate my normal vagina by jumping him & not worrying about it afterwards. I still have to try the VIT C thing & boric acid as I've said, so that will be next if the doctors give up before they even really start again.

Good luck to all (and me!) cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 64 65 66 67 68 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 31, 2014 - 05:22 AM