271 Pages V  « < 98 99 100 101 102 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
stressed43
post Mar 5 2008, 01:20 AM
Post #1981

BUSTie

QUOTE(RN with BV @ Mar 4 2008, 01:01 PM) *
that is wonderful that you were cured by fem dolph, however...................i have taken it faithfully for a year and still having to do other things to control the BV, I wish this would have worked for me but it did not. I do think the answer is with probiotics and repopulating the vaginal tract with "good" bacteria. So I continue taking it hoping it will at least help.

Hello =) I was just wondering..did it alleviate the symptoms AT ALL? (the femdoph)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stressed43
post Mar 5 2008, 01:17 AM
Post #1982

BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Mar 4 2008, 01:21 PM) *
Welcome! I started using Femdophilus after a round of flagyl to help repopulate the good stuff. So far so good. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to take it while on the antibiotics, just be sure to take them several hours apart so the meds won't kill the good amoebas.

I think I will go get the Femdophilus this weekend, but I'm not going to continue on flagyl. I feel like i've been taking so many pills that people around me think i'm an addict. My cousing was like "dude..ur always popping pills!" Anyways thanks for the Welcome =)

With flagyl the odor went away EVERY time for me so it definitely works, but it came back whenever my lifestyle changed, bc, or I took antibiotics. If taking femdophilus will eliminate the smell even when I take other random medications I would NOT mind at all paying and taking it for the rest of my life!

Oh yea and I emailed my gyno yesterday about femdophilus (she is ususally really informed and knowledgeable), but all she said was to make an appointment with her because it was just BV and that I should get more prescription medicine. Like she just ignored my question..which means...maybe Kaiser wants to keep shoving drugs down my throat? I duno ..any thoughts ..opinions? huh.gif

+Quote Post
chronicpanic
post Mar 4 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #1983

just wondering.. is there a specific colour for bv discharge? ive read that its greyish-whitish and watery. but can it be the normal kinda discharge we get most of the time, the off-whitish kind? and also, what colour is it on your pantiliners? does it dries up to a light yellow?

utterly disheartened. am still sniffing my undies every now and then wondering if i really have it. my gynae says im being paranoid =( i have forgotten what normal smells like anymore. heck i might be smelling like normal but my paranoia gives it a totally diff whiff. blah!

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Mar 4 2008, 05:33 PM
Post #1984

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(JJ27 @ Mar 4 2008, 10:40 AM) *
How did you get the pic under your username?

Hey JJ27, blink.gif it's been such a long time...hmmm..

Ok. First you have to reduce whatever pic you want to put there in your computer to avatar size. Go to: www.shrinkpictures.com to do this. Once you've got one picked out, click up there on "my controls," then click on "avatar settings," and go from there.

HTH,
--Quiet--

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Mar 4 2008, 01:02 PM
Post #1985

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Feb 29 2008, 02:19 AM) *
Ok, I said I would do this by Friday. I don't know how to upload pictures, so if someone knows how to upload pictures please teach me so I can be of better service to you all.

Ok first microscope:

I found this on ebay. This is like the microscope we used in the lab. Try to ask whoever you buy the microscope from to place the instructions with the microscope because these are very tricky to work with. You have to make sure the microscope is on certain levels to be able to view the slide correctly.It's not hard, you'll learn fairly quickly. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-Microscope_W0QQi...1QQcmdZViewItem

Let me know if you need more info.

Hi, thanks for all the info! I'm at my parent's place now, and I found one of my dad's microscopes, but the batteries are obviously dead. And I'm hoping that the contacts are not coroded. The microscope says 1200X on it. And then the largest lens says 120x - 240x. Do you think that sounds like the right kind? This thing looks so small, I just hope it will work. Then again, the thing is so dusty, it may be better to just buy a new one.

+Quote Post
jularee
post Mar 4 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #1986

BUSTie

QUOTE(stressed43 @ Mar 3 2008, 11:52 PM) *
Ok so I've had Bv for a year now and it really does suck. I've taken Flagyl and the odor goes away...but guess what? It comes back! I had to take antibiotics for a root canal (the smell came back mad.gif ). Took flagyl again and the smell went away.

Then I started a new birth control because I usually use it for acne treatment (not contraception) and..two days later..ta da! smell came back. It's haunting me...and I feel pretty much hopeless. I don't think it is my partner anymore because we use condoms or just DONT have sex anymore. And even if it is..we don't have time to go together to get a check up HOW embarrassing. Anyway I've taken too many prescriptions that has killed all my good bacteria already. AHHH!

So I read that post about the Fem-dophillis and just taking it face value seems to make sense. I even listened to the lecture. My dad is really into trace minerals and I am really into research because I am a psych student so I can see how this supplement may work. However, I do have a few questions?

Are you or did you take it WHILE you were taking flagyl? metrogel? or any other treatments? OR did you take Femdophilis ALONE. cuz i am SICK of other treatments.

Also, you said it was available at whole foods. In what section? And can I take this supplement while I am on birth control?

Please get back to me =)
I will probably purchase it after I get the heads up from my gyno or someone that has used it !!

Welcome! I started using Femdophilus after a round of flagyl to help repopulate the good stuff. So far so good. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to take it while on the antibiotics, just be sure to take them several hours apart so the meds won't kill the good amoebas.

+Quote Post
jularee
post Mar 4 2008, 11:57 AM
Post #1987

BUSTie

QUOTE(quietmadness @ Mar 3 2008, 10:38 AM) *
Does anyone have any info on CIPRO being used to treat BV?? Because I was given Cipro at the doc's for that creeping-crud illness that's been killing everyone on earth (figuratively I mean) and since taking it----NO SMELL.

Do you think it killed the BV stuff, or is it the combo of the BA, and CIPRO???

Gobs but I'm sooooo tired of this damned yo-yo crap with my girlie.... sad.gif

--Quiet--

Actually one of the doc I work with said Cipro can be used to treat BV but I remember reading somewhere it has a very high reoccurence rate compared to Flagyl or other medications so it's not routinely prescibed as treatment. Be careful though, because it can cause horrible yeasties to flourish!!

+Quote Post
RN with BV
post Mar 4 2008, 11:44 AM
Post #1988

BUSTie

that is wonderful that you were cured by fem dolph, however...................i have taken it faithfully for a year and still having to do other things to control the BV, I wish this would have worked for me but it did not. I do think the answer is with probiotics and repopulating the vaginal tract with "good" bacteria. So I continue taking it hoping it will at least help.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Mar 4 2008, 11:11 AM
Post #1989

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Mar 2 2008, 02:32 PM) *
Hey Jewels.

I disagree that there is no cure. Fem-dophilus cured me. Repopulating your vagina with the missing Lactobacillus is the best (really, only) solution to this problem, and Fem-dophilus is the only product that's proven to work. It definitely worked for me. Based on skimming this thread, it's also worked for many others. It's the one product that's been the most effective, and also safe to use. (Oh yeah, PLEASE do not stick it in your vagina! Geez, people. I understand that you're desperate and you want relief right away - believe me, I KNOW - but just take it orally, and give it a chance to do its thing. Be patient.)

And no, just taking any other brand of acidophilus, Primadophilus Reuteri, etc. is not the same thing. I know Fem-dophilus is not cheap, but it contains patented strains that you're not going to get in other products.

FYI - I took it religiously for 8 months since 2/2007. That was probably longer than necessary but I was paranoid, because I suffered with BV for so long. Who knew the solution was so simple? I finally felt confident to stop taking it since October, and have been BV-free since. I've had to do no maintenance. I still keep a bottle in the fridge, and will definitely take it again in the future if I need to take antibiotics for any reason.
It should be refrigerated BEFORE because it contains live organisms. So put it in the fridge right away. It's also best to buy it refrigerated (Whole Foods or iHerb.com sells it that way.) I wouldn't chuck it, though. I bought my first couple bottles un-refrigerated (from vitacost.com), and they still had some effect. But in the future, it's best to buy it refrigerated.

Hi Lori, great news that you are feeling well, and that the FemDophilus is working. It seems to be working for me too. I am taking it orally and inserting it vaginally. But not inserting it every day. Inserted half a capsule a few times a week at night. Right now I am away from home on a trip, so I can't be inserting it, I don't have any on me. But I feel fine. But I am not having sex while away, so I am in the clear for a while anyway. Dr. Reid stated on the Jarrow website that you can insert it vaginally, so I decided to try it out. It seems to be working for me. But of course we are all a bit different, so I don't know if everyone would respond the same way.

+Quote Post
JJ27
post Mar 4 2008, 09:23 AM
Post #1990

BUSTie

How did you get the pic under your username?

QUOTE(quietmadness @ Mar 4 2008, 12:54 AM) *
So....anybody know anything about the Cipro thing? (thanks!) unsure.gif

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
JJ27
post Mar 4 2008, 08:40 AM
Post #1991

BUSTie

You really should ask your Dr. It might have because the creams for BV are a antibiotic but internally. Maybe orally it cured it but I'm just guessing. The thing with antibiotics orally is sometimes they take the good bacteria away which causes yeast infections. What did you have that the Dr. prescribed Cipro? I just looked it up and it said it helps with urinary tract and bacterial infections but it didn't state BV. I try not to take antibiotics because I always get a yeast infection but if I must then on day three I use a yeast cream to avoid it or diflucan.
But all that crap takes a toll on your body and liver and I rather save my liver for drinking!! laugh.gif

QUOTE(quietmadness @ Mar 3 2008, 09:38 AM) *
Does anyone have any info on CIPRO being used to treat BV?? Because I was given Cipro at the doc's for that creeping-crud illness that's been killing everyone on earth (figuratively I mean) and since taking it----NO SMELL.

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
JJ27
post Mar 4 2008, 08:25 AM
Post #1992

BUSTie

Thanks! tongue.gif I have to check it out on my home computer the link doesn't work at work.

QUOTE(sciongal @ Mar 3 2008, 06:51 PM) *
Hi all...here is a link to a lecture from the creator of femdophilus...btw, he actually talks about how bv can be treated by inserting it vaginally...but check it out and decide for yourself.
http://jarrow.com/dr-reid

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Mar 3 2008, 11:37 PM
Post #1993

Hardcore BUSTie

So....anybody know anything about the Cipro thing? (thanks!) unsure.gif

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 3 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #1994

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Mar 2 2008, 07:32 PM) *
Hey Jewels.

I disagree that there is no cure. Fem-dophilus cured me. Repopulating your vagina with the missing Lactobacillus is the best (really, only) solution to this problem, and Fem-dophilus is the only product that's proven to work. It definitely worked for me. Based on skimming this thread, it's also worked for many others. It's the one product that's been the most effective, and also safe to use. (Oh yeah, PLEASE do not stick it in your vagina! Geez, people. I understand that you're desperate and you want relief right away - believe me, I KNOW - but just take it orally, and give it a chance to do its thing. Be patient.)

And no, just taking any other brand of acidophilus, Primadophilus Reuteri, etc. is not the same thing. I know Fem-dophilus is not cheap, but it contains patented strains that you're not going to get in other products.

FYI - I took it religiously for 8 months since 2/2007. That was probably longer than necessary but I was paranoid, because I suffered with BV for so long. Who knew the solution was so simple? I finally felt confident to stop taking it since October, and have been BV-free since. I've had to do no maintenance. I still keep a bottle in the fridge, and will definitely take it again in the future if I need to take antibiotics for any reason.
It should be refrigerated BEFORE because it contains live organisms. So put it in the fridge right away. It's also best to buy it refrigerated (Whole Foods or iHerb.com sells it that way.) I wouldn't chuck it, though. I bought my first couple bottles un-refrigerated (from vitacost.com), and they still had some effect. But in the future, it's best to buy it refrigerated.

LORI!!!!!!!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING!!!! WELCOME BACK HUN!!! I'VE MISSED YOU!!!!

So happy to hear that the Fem-dophilus worked for you!!! Congrats hun!! We will just agree to disagree on this topic. Because as we both know, what's worked for you, may not work for me and vice versa. I haven't tried the Fem yet, only because the Tea Tree Oil Suppossitories took mine away as well. I use them after sex, only because I'm afraid not too!! lol, not because I have too. So, for all I know, this was my cure too, but who knows.

Great to have you back Lori!!!

+Quote Post
stressed43
post Mar 3 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #1995

BUSTie

Ok so I've had Bv for a year now and it really does suck. I've taken Flagyl and the odor goes away...but guess what? It comes back! I had to take antibiotics for a root canal (the smell came back mad.gif ). Took flagyl again and the smell went away.

Then I started a new birth control because I usually use it for acne treatment (not contraception) and..two days later..ta da! smell came back. It's haunting me...and I feel pretty much hopeless. I don't think it is my partner anymore because we use condoms or just DONT have sex anymore. And even if it is..we don't have time to go together to get a check up HOW embarrassing. Anyway I've taken too many prescriptions that has killed all my good bacteria already. AHHH!

So I read that post about the Fem-dophillis and just taking it face value seems to make sense. I even listened to the lecture. My dad is really into trace minerals and I am really into research because I am a psych student so I can see how this supplement may work. However, I do have a few questions?

Are you or did you take it WHILE you were taking flagyl? metrogel? or any other treatments? OR did you take Femdophilis ALONE. cuz i am SICK of other treatments.

Also, you said it was available at whole foods. In what section? And can I take this supplement while I am on birth control?

Please get back to me =)
I will probably purchase it after I get the heads up from my gyno or someone that has used it !!

+Quote Post
sciongal
post Mar 3 2008, 05:34 PM
Post #1996

BUSTie

Hi all...here is a link to a lecture from the creator of femdophilus...btw, he actually talks about how bv can be treated by inserting it vaginally...but check it out and decide for yourself.
http://jarrow.com/dr-reid

+Quote Post
JJ27
post Mar 3 2008, 03:20 PM
Post #1997

BUSTie

Really?!?!?!?!?!?!? Don't insert the Fem D just take them orally? I should receive mine by Wednesday and I had planned on sticking it up there! LOL! I ordered them from iherb but good to know that Whole food carries them. I rather do that then order on line. How long did it take for it to go away? How many times a day did you take them? Can someone tell me how I can include a pic by my user name????????????????????/

QUOTE(lori @ Mar 2 2008, 02:32 PM) *
Hey Jewels.

+Quote Post
JJ27
post Mar 3 2008, 03:18 PM
Post #1998

BUSTie

Really?!?!?!?!?!?!? Don't insert the Fem D just take them orally? I should receive mine by Wednesday and I had planned on sticking it up there! LOL! I ordered them from iherb but good to know that Whole food carries them. I rather do that then order on line. How long did it take for it to go away? How many times a day did you take them?

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Mar 3 2008, 08:21 AM
Post #1999

Hardcore BUSTie

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
sassy
post Mar 3 2008, 05:33 AM
Post #2000

Hardcore BUSTie

Lori: Welcome back! That's great to hear! How long were you taking the Femdophilus before you saw any difference in your BV...just curious.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 98 99 100 101 102 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 26, 2014 - 01:08 PM