Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wanna see my D-20? The geek thread...
opheliathemuse
post Jul 26 2006, 06:19 PM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

(lurks) I am a fan of watching these, which doesn't count I know, but I love the people who do these things, as seraphine knows =) You guys rule!

I prefer fantasy to scifi myself, which is common with women I hear. My friend Nicole, however, is a HARDcore scfi fan. She's trying to interest me in Heinlein and so forth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Jul 25 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

Sci fi Busties?? Anywhere?

I love a couple of the new shows on the sci fi network. Dead like me and Eureaka!

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
seraphine
post Jul 4 2006, 11:19 AM
Post #3

solitary_fey, I never played WoW, but I am an ex-EverCrack 2 addict. If you are interested in EQ2, I practically know everyone on the Mistmoore server and can guide you in the right direction as far as guilds go.

I've never even heard of Longest Journey, sassygrrl, lol. It's a Sim game? Do explain.

allygat0rr, I can't remember whether I've played CS. If I did, it was for a brief period a loooong time ago. My bro plays it though. First-person shooters aren't really my thing. =)

+Quote Post
solitary_fey
post Jul 4 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #4

does anyone play WOW? I'm looking for some buddies to play with. We could start our own bustie guild!

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Jun 18 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #5

sassygrrl

Has anyone played the new sequel to Longest Journey? My ex stole it from me (Longest Journey)so I intend to buy it again, along with a similar Simesque game called Theme Hospital (if the Monty Python made the Sims). Has anyone played that MovieStars game? I'm just trying to find some fun games to play....Any suggestions would be welcome :-)

+Quote Post
allygat0rr
post Jun 18 2006, 12:48 PM
Post #6

BUSTie

I play Counter-Strike :-)! Anyone else?

+Quote Post
seraphine
post Jun 18 2006, 01:55 AM
Post #7

Have internet friends who also love RPGing, but they are not within driving distance? Try hooking up to Ventrilo or Teamspeak and RP that way. My guy has an old military buddie who now lives across the States, and we have played Shadowrun through Teamspeak for the past few months. GMs can't check dice rolls, but it sure beats missing out on RPing due to lack of player availability. =)

+Quote Post
zora
post Jun 11 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #8

Man, I just found out that our next game will be our last game. Poo. And it's not till the middle of July.
Maybe we can start a new campaign without our current GM who is moving to Ann Abor in August.
And we just started drinking blood too. Dammit. Now I'm attached to my character. *sigh*

+Quote Post
seraphine
post Jun 11 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #9

Might I start by saying: Gamer Girls Rock!

Now that that is off my chest... =P

solitary_fey, though it is much more fun to make your own D&D campaign from scratch, for those of us with really busy lives we always have the wonderful Dungeon magazine. I haven't been a part of our current house campaign, though 4 of my 7 roomies have been enjoying Dungeon's current campaign. Lure friends with promises of yummy snacks and hearty laughs. Get them to come once, and if they're true gamers, they'll be hooked on your campaign!

I am actually one of those she-doesn't-look-like-it-at-all-but-IS a gamer chick. Computer-wise, I am an Everquest/EQ2 veteran, a member of our house guild 'The Order of the Pink Gargoyle' on Guild Wars, and currently playing an awesome community-strong MMO called Clan Lord. Pen and paper-wise, I play D&D and my newfound love, Shadowrun. I am also into M:tG, Neopets, Betrayal at House on the Hill (try it!), Descent (try it!!), and I have a Sisters of Battle Witchhunter army for Warhammer 40k. Hell, I'm even majoring in Fantasy and Sci Fi Illustration. =)

So as you can see, I'll fit right in here. =D

+Quote Post
solitary_fey
post Jun 11 2006, 01:13 AM
Post #10

There's a geek thread? oh my god I love you! I love you all!
I love D&D, but ever since my husband started working on saturdays, we haven't played in months! I'd DM myself to take the pressure off, but I'm terrible. I can come up with an epic story,but I'm way too disorganized. And I get frustrated way easy. and I have add. any tips?
xexyz- Gosh I wish I could play! My boyfriend and I and our friends were all set up to start playing v:tm and the we just didn't, and I was pissed!So friggin flaky!
I remember when all the guys I used to play with could only play on sunday nights, and I was still in high school (they weren't) I would stay up all night playing, drink a rockstar, then go to school the next day, come home and crash... sigh... good times...

+Quote Post
xexyz
post Jun 10 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #11

BUSTie

Lol, as you can see, my desperation has caused me to start seeing things. But yes, I'm the GM.

+Quote Post
zora
post Jun 9 2006, 10:25 PM
Post #12

I meant are you running the game? GMing, I should have said.

+Quote Post
xexyz
post Jun 9 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #13

BUSTie

Minneapolis

+Quote Post
zora
post Jun 9 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #14

On that note, why is it when you find one, and he's awesome, he just stops showing up because apparently the phrase, "every saturday night" simply means, "warn me a week in advance, or else I'll make other plans."
xexyz, are you gming?

+Quote Post
xexyz
post Jun 9 2006, 09:52 AM
Post #15

BUSTie

I'm DESPERATELY trying to find a 4th player so I can restart my V:tM game, but haven't had any luck since I'm picky and the 3 players I have now are AWSOME.

*sigh* Why are good players so hard to find?

+Quote Post
zora
post Jun 3 2006, 06:58 PM
Post #16

I spoke too soon. No game tonight. Boooooo. One of our friends has to work tonight. We might have a game of Munchkin, hopefully.

+Quote Post
zora
post Jun 2 2006, 01:50 AM
Post #17

All are welcome!

We finally get to role-play again on Saturday. We were on a two week hiatus which sucked because my character, Muumuu just got the axe skill. Now I can axe people questions as well!

I feel like I should read some Terry Pratchett. It seems like required nerd reading. Ben has been reading "His Dark Materials" and we have a slight problem as we don't know who loaned them to us and we only have the first two books. I should probably pick them up and read 'em too, but Kingdom Hearts 2 is taking up most of my free time at the moment.

+Quote Post
txplumwine
post Jun 1 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

Kick-ass thread idea! Are we aiming more for true geek here, or can nerds, bookworms, eggheads, dweebs, dorks, and spazzes join in too? :-)

I'm married to a long-time RPGer who reads all the Terry Pratchett he can get his hands on and is frequently more help to other customers in computer stores than the clerks are. My personal cred is artsy/bookish nerd.

+Quote Post
tyger
post Jun 1 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

so, i figured this was more geek-related than movie related...
last night i was watching the transformers: the movie. it starts by setting the scene...in the year 2005. my friends and i then decided it was an underground documentary disguised as a children's movie and sent back in time, as unicron really did fight the autobots last year, but the man doesn't want us to know transformers are real.

+Quote Post
zora
post May 22 2006, 12:24 PM
Post #20

Warehouse23.com has it as well as Amazon and Steve Jackson's website.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 23, 2014 - 02:58 AM