Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

294 Pages V  « < 242 243 244 245 246 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
lilacwine13
post Sep 10 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #4861

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

I'm getting to be the same way, bunnyb. I feel like if it's interesting and used (I can't bring myself to buy from Borders), then I have to buy it. Same goes for CDs, even though I have hundreds of those and can't remember what half of them sound like.

I used to work with a guy named Adolf, who was a few years older than I am from Alabama. I never could ask him about his name, though.

Anna k, I know how you feel, I really wanted to go out the past few nights but instead stayed home and read. One night I went CD shopping, and AZ Guy took me out for dinner, but that has been it for social interaction. I really want to make friends, want someone else to talk to besides him, but I'm scared I'm not cool enough to hold anyone's interest.

I hate that my birthday is coming up, I really don't want to be 29.

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Sep 10 2006, 10:45 AM
Post #4862

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I own 1000+ books and I continue buying more even when there are hundreds I haven't read yet. I have no room for all of these books and no time to read them but I can't NOT own anything that sounds an interesting, good and enjoyable read. Books are my biggest temptation (well, clothes too, but I least I wear those) and I find it impossible to resist buying any title I want to.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Sep 10 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #4863

the moistiest

(Schmitz's Gay? CLASSIC SNL Farley smile.gif )

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Sep 10 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #4864

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I'd imagine John Candy to be really laid back. I even kinda miss Chris Farley. I never got into his movies, but some of his SNL stuff is hilarious.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 10 2006, 08:20 AM
Post #4865

sassygrrl

I can't even listen to Warren's last album with sobbing.

And don't get me started on Phil Hartman. "I am the major of sassyland..." I loved him so much. What a fucking tragedy.

Yuefie, with you on the insomnia. My mind seemed to never shut off last night. I didn't get to sleep until 3 last night. And Loch Monster myth indeed.

Sidenote: My father met John Candy. That movie Summer Rental, he was an air traffic controller. They filmed it in my dad's work. He said he was nicest guy, and so non celebrity.

+Quote Post
jemisoutrageous
post Sep 10 2006, 08:09 AM
Post #4866

Hardcore BUSTie

My husband and I got married on September 12th. It was a little sad, because his sister's husband's brother had died in one of the towers 2 years before, but it was still really beautiful and life-affirming.

--------------------
Oh, Magoo---you've done it again!

+Quote Post
yuefie
post Sep 10 2006, 04:39 AM
Post #4867

Lip Balm Aficionado

Oh polly, I can't even watch my Phil Hartman Best Of SNL dvd without crying. Before they put that dvd out my cousin, his girlfriend and I used to watch a VHS tape of Phil stuff he had taped and she and I would always end up blubbering. What a tragedy. I always think, why couldn't she have just gone on a good bender and OD'd herself instead of taking him away. Stupid coke whore.

And I am with you all on wanting more than just a fuck buddy. Those never seem to be in short supply. But the "whole package" seems to be elusive, or a myth. Loch Ness Monster, anyone?

My insomnia is terrible, so much that even the sleeping pill I took is not helping. My mind just will. not. shut. off.

--------------------
~I'm so tired of being tired
As sure as night will follow day
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway~

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 9 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #4868

phil. hartman. uh, it's too sad for tears even. what a fucking tragedy.

i have to confess~~ whenever i take the elevator to or from the laundry room (all three floors away, ha ha) i get a bit panicy thinking about it stopping with me trapped inside for maude knows how long and the kids in the apartment alone. irrational fear.
i'm going to start using the stairs exclusively, my ass could use it anyhow.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Sep 9 2006, 10:31 PM
Post #4869

"Julia", yuefie? Oh forget it! I don't dare listen to that song at work on my iPod, or I'd be a blubbering mess at my desk. I wasn't a huge fan of Warren Zevon, I should say I haven't heard much of his music, but I love what I've heard and his death was still a huge devastation for me, and I get teary whenever I hear his songs on the radio, even "Werewolf in London", but especially that last song he wrote for his family....oh, I'm getting a little verklempt right now...talk amongst yourselves! sad.gif And Phil Hartman...everytime I think of him and that crazy crack-whore wife of his, and what we lost because of her I get so mad. I wonder how his kids are doing.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.

+Quote Post
anna k
post Sep 9 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #4870

Hardcore BUSTie

It's kinda like there aren't a whole lot of kids named "Adolf". Bad connotation.

My Italian great-grandfather was named Adolpho and lived in Germany for a number of years, eventually speaking English with a German accent. I can't imagine life during WWII when his name sounded like Adolf and he sounded German.

Kind of like reading about an Egyptian cab driver in 2006 named Osama.

I miss Janis Joplin and Warren Zevon.

I miss Phil Hartman and John Candy.

I couldn't think of anything to do tonight. i didn't want to sit in a movie theater, I hate manuevering through chatty kids on the street while I feel lonely, I get bored in museums just staring at pictures and moving around people, and there weren't any dance performances I wanted to see. So I stayed home and watched Enemy of the State on TV. La-di-da.

I still feel like a nerd inside, as in a socially inept awkward geek, despite trying to act like a beautiful young lady on the outside. I also hate it when kids adopt "geek-chic" and act ironic about being a nerd like it's a fad.

I want a boyfriend, not a fuck buddy too. I want someone to appreciate me and for me to be totally turned on by him, not, "Eh, he likes me, he'll do," and be bored and unfeeling throughout it. I want someone who can challenge me and whose chest I can bury my head in when I want to feel a warm body and intimacy. I don't know when that will come, since I've been a lone wolf for so long.

I hate being reprimanded too. My bio teacher told me in private to stop reading magazines during class and to participate more, saying I did about five minutes of work. I was embarassed and did more work the next time, but the class is 2 1/2 hours and I really wanted to read a book so I wouldn't stare into space.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 9 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #4871

ppffftttt! oh shit, spilling my drink!

huh, there are a lot of kids names jesus though, that always freaks me out.

hey-zeus! even the pronounciation is attention grabbing.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 9 2006, 07:40 PM
Post #4872

Big Fat Bitch

It's kinda like there aren't a whole lot of kids named "Adolf". Bad connotation.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Sep 9 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #4873

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

now you have another aniversary to celebrate, luci!

I suppose there aren't a lot of weddings on Sept 11th, no-one would want that as a wedding anniversary, other than as an anniversary of the event itself. I suppose there have been dates throughout history like that and this is our generation's.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
battygurl
post Sep 9 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #4874

Hardcore BUSTie

I've probably posted a version of this confession before, but I cannot stop staring at myself in the mirror. I'm totally in love with myself. Especially when I wear something other than my normal jeans and t-shirt (but I love that too!), like right now I'm wearing a short skirt, knee-high striped socks, a matching striped shirt and my burgundy glasses.

I want to buy more skirts, now that I'm comfortable wearing them. But I don't have a ton of money to spend on clothes, and I need warm shirts for winter more than I need skirts.

I think Marilyn Manson's voice is sexy. And right now I'm listening to the Matrix soundtrack.

--------------------
Tears are curious things, for like earthquakes or puppet shows they can occur at any time, without any warning, and without any good reason. --Lemony Snicket

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Sep 9 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #4875

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

(heh, pepper - we're not married, so we can switch that date to anything, really, as it commemorates, um, sin? wink.gif )

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 9 2006, 04:09 PM
Post #4876

sassygrrl

Totally agree with you on men posting here. It makes them so hot!

Agree with you also on the storm.

I miss Janis Joplin and Warren Zevon.

Also, do not trust doctors or medicine.

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Sep 9 2006, 01:34 PM
Post #4877

the moistiest

i think it's hot that guys post here.

(i went on a date once where the guy told me out and out that he was a feminist, and i was sold from there.)

it's going to storm and i LOVE it. the first few minutes before it rains, but the thunder is rolling though the mountains...

+Quote Post
yuefie
post Sep 9 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #4878

Lip Balm Aficionado

I am so hormonally out of whack that it's kind of freaking me out. Counting down the minutes til I have medical coverage again, but also thinking I need to figure out alternatives to helping this issue seeing as conventional medicine did nothing to really help when I did have insurance. Birth control pills are the reason I am more out of whack than when I began, and they don't seem to offer up any other solutions. I guess my real confession is, I do not trust doctors or western medicine in general. As the White Stripes said, "Girl, you have no faith in medicine". And I don't, really. At least not for myself.

I also tear up when I think of or listen to John Lennon. "Julia" reduces me to a puddle of tears every time. But I also do when I listen to Janis Joplin because I can hear the pain and loneliness in her voice. Whenever I need a good cry I listen to a live version of "Little Girl Blue" and the dam breaks.

I really enjoy pissing people off on MySpace. I use my the MP3 player on my page to showcase anti-war/anti-government/anti-religion music, and derive great joy and satisfaction from the random hate messages I receive.

I too think there are far many sheeple in this country. That being said, not all of us are and not all of us support that vile bastard and his cronies. And I do believe we are far from being an entire nation that follows that asswipe "president", who in my estimation is not *really* the president seeing as there are still questions lingering on the validity of the second election and we all know he stole the first one! I know people who may have supported him at one time, even voted for the pig, who are shocked and appalled now. I do think his support has fallen away in droves, but people feel powerless to do anything about it. And his supporters are more hostile than ever, because they know his asshattery cannot be explained away. And they generally are the ones with the positions of power and the money. Gah. I need to stop now. My hands are shaking.

--------------------
~I'm so tired of being tired
As sure as night will follow day
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway~

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Sep 9 2006, 11:31 AM
Post #4879

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

I don't think it's Americans, actually. It's the wealthy elite people from any nation. Look at who rules in government, anywhere, and the vast majority come from positions of astonishing privilege. Oligarchy, aristocracy, etc., alive and well. Hell, look at the Nixon administration and the current adminstration, and it's composed of the same rich, crazy assholes.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Sep 9 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #4880

I feel the same way about most Americans, pepper, even though I am one. I assure you, we're not all like that, but when I generalize most of the people around me, what you think about us is basically what I think about us.

The space program? I guess I'm apathetic about it. On one hand it is a tremendous expense and I feel like "We've made it to the moon, can we take a break for awhile and put that money elsewhere?" I don't feel like it's a complete waste, but I fear that at some point, we're going to over-populate and over-pollute the Earth, so we'll need the moon, but maybe we should put that time and money into preventing that from happening. Plus, it's sort of sad to think about us ugly humans destroying the moon next. Sort of like Bush going into Alaska for the pipeline.

I get a little teary-eyed too when I think/hear about John Lennon, luci, even though I was only 8 months old when he died.

--------------------

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 242 243 244 245 246 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 27, 2014 - 10:13 PM