The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm A Feminist But I Like..., ...confess your feminist transgressions...
devotchka
post Jun 5 2009, 03:06 AM
Post #21

BUSTie

Period_Monster, I feel exact6ly the same when my boyfriend does things like that. It makes me want to squeal!

My biggest slip has to be the fact I tend to get on my soap box about refusing to be opressed by a society that worships thinness. But I often look in the mirror and feel secretly (and guiltily) happy that I look a bit slimmer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
period_monster
post Jun 2 2009, 03:54 PM
Post #22

Hardcore BUSTie

snorts lemonade through nose. Ouch.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jun 2 2009, 02:40 AM
Post #23

new highs in personal lows daily!

2xpost.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jun 2 2009, 02:14 AM
Post #24

you know, you can just start referring to him as your "slam piece" and they'll reinstate you. really. it's just that easy. wink.gif

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
period_monster
post Jun 2 2009, 01:21 AM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

This truly horrifies me, but here goes. Last night e-man and I were lying in bed. He brought up being exclusive. A few minutes later, he grabbed my ass and said, "mine." Then he touched my hair, kissed my forehead and said, "mine" again, then his hand drifted back down to my ass and he said, "all mine." The look of bliss on his face in combination with those words in his loverly English accent made me so happy that I nearly came. Ahh, there go my feminist credentials.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Mar 11 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #26

(o)(o)

I also had my barbies play sex with each other. A lot.

You know, I don't really remembe when I stopped playing with barbies...

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
grrrlyouwant
post Mar 7 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #27

Hardcore BUSTie

ooh, i loves me my barbies! i had a whole suitcase full of them and their clothes, and i'd haul that thing back and forth to cousins' and friends' houses, playing out elaborate scenarios and trading clothes back and forth. i gave the whole thing to c-monkey when she was old enough, and was horrified when she promptly and systematically destroyed or lost stuff. i failed to instill in her the magic and wonder of the barbie doll; stupid modern punk kids with their pokemon and digital crap and ideas that any wrecked toys can be replaced on a whim. dry.gif i did manage to rescue my (one and only remaining intact now) special edition UN barbie with her sparkly blue-starred skirt and white sequined bodice with red sash and elbow-length white gloves, and she at least is sitting safely on my bookshelf.

tree: teee! in totally sexified my barbies too. but you know what was even better than barbies for that? the jem dolls. fully articulated joints right down to wrists and ankles; now those you could play out all your dirty little fantasies with. laugh.gif

--------------------
and with her step, i move my feet and with her hand, i feel my skin and with her need, i find i'm saved

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 7 2009, 02:06 AM
Post #28

Big Fat Bitch

I'm rekindling the Barbie talk with a link to the freshly released Totally Stylin' Barbie. Apparently some mommies & daddies are concerned with Barbie having so-called "tramp stamps". Because, y'know, only loose women of the roundheels variety have bodyart. So far only one parent commented on Amazon & of course it was negative. Won't someone think of the children?!

I remember punking an old Barbie out. I magic markered red streaks into her hair/gave her heavy dark eyeliner & tattoos. I turned old socks into new wave mini dresses for her.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
rainface
post Mar 5 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #29

BUSTie

I was never allowed to have Barbies as a child...I blame my mother unsure.gif . For that matter, we didn't have tv either, so a lot of stuff passed me right by. Not my little ponies though, I still have mine lovingly packed away.
My feminist transgression is that I love Grey's Anatomy. Love it. I'm obsessed with it. I can tell myself that sometimes the female characters have feminist moments, but honestly I feel like a train wreck much of the time recently and that show is train wreck central. It makes me feel better. There, I said it rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Feb 18 2009, 05:27 AM
Post #30

cryostat bitch

Wow, those nails would make it hard to type.

My barbies were nymphomaniacs. Seriously, they were always having sex, and in many many different positions. Eeek. I can't believe I didn't freak my mother out.

"Tree, WHERE did you learn THAT??? You are SEVEN years old!!!!"

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Feb 18 2009, 03:38 AM
Post #31

Dolph Lundgren...has a masters in chemical engineering & was a Fullbright scholar to MIT.

aural (your sassy debbilness)---that just broke muh brainsis awl to hail.

i blame barbie for my being a tranny (ok, lipgloss too). even with her hairplugs and half her hair a melted blackened mass, one knee hyperextended, pinholes for nipples, and a flattened, removable head, she was waaaay cuter than g.i. joe and han solo put together. plus she had incorrect genitals and was soooo much taller than the boys....and hey, i could relate.

transgression: my ridiculous *short curves. *
i love 'em! i hate 'em! i love 'em! i hate 'em!
i feel like faye dunaway in chinatown.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 18 2009, 03:16 AM
Post #32

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(crazyoldcatlady @ Feb 17 2009, 05:09 PM) *
how cool would it be to make a modernized, adult-alized version of she-ra? and we're not talking some lame-ass live action movie. i don't want dolf lungrend anywhere near this.

Transgression: Dolph Lundgren may be a shit actor, but I admit to having a hardcore mini-crush to this day because he has a masters in chemical engineering & was a Fullbright scholar to MIT. Science is teh hawt.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Feb 17 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #33

brown delicious

omg. i loved he-man AND she-ra. such a great cartoon. the character you are thinking of cocl is Loo-Kee.

um, my barbies and ken were always naked. blink.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Feb 17 2009, 06:09 PM
Post #34

the moistiest

l! But, and I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this on here before, my Ken left Barbie for Jem because she was a rockstah, so Barbie became a lesbian. With Midge and the mom from the Heart Family.

priceless! jem was awesome too, but i was sad that babs couldn't fit in her clothes, 'cos they were pretty damn cool. the dad in the heart family probably conditioned me at a young age to fall for dark haired douche bags.

my barbies had the most broke ass pool: my mom's pots and pans.

can i get some love for the she-ra action figures too? she rode. a. goddamn. pegasus. you can't get anymore hardcore than that. and the she-ra comics that came with the figures? made me fall in love with frosta.

eta: i've been reminiscing hardcore about she-ra lately, and have been reading up about her and her comrades in wikipedia. can i just say that there is so much that flew over my head as a kid? they were fighting as rebels? all i remember is some rad fuckin' ass kicking and looking for that stupid creature or whatever that they hid in the episodes (or was that he-man?)

how cool would it be to make a modernized, adult-alized version of she-ra? and we're not talking some lame-ass live action movie. i don't want dolf lungrend anywhere near this.

+Quote Post
llamas
post Feb 17 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #35

Hardcore BUSTie

I definitely had the lame twist/braid/whatever Barbie, and the Barbie pool! But, and I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this on here before, my Ken left Barbie for Jem because she was a rockstah, so Barbie became a lesbian. With Midge and the mom from the Heart Family.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Feb 17 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #36

(o)(o)

I still have my barbies, I destinctly remember Roller Blade Barbie.

Pugs, my mom also has her barbie stuff in a box too!!! She has told me when she dies that I can't get rid of it. Seriously.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
period_monster
post Feb 17 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

I have to admit to serious Barbie love. Barbie was one of my favorite toys as a kid, and now, I often receive the Barbie Hallmark ornaments from others. Someday, I really, really want to have a separate Barbie Christmas tree in addition to the regular.

Peaches & Cream Barbie was SO pretty. Although I also loved the valentine's day/sweetheart Barbie, with the red heart shaped top and the sleeves and skirt of white with red hearts. Now I wish I could just spend my days playing with my Barbies. They always got a ton of action.

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Feb 17 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #38

See I remember really liking Barbies but whenever I'd ask my mom for a new one be it Christmas or birthday she'd tell me that I had a bunch but never played with them. I remember having a Barbie pool that was out in my sandbox that I played with every summer until it dryrotted. I remember floating them in the the real pool in their bathing suits but my dad would always yell at me that their pointy feet would tear a hole in the pool liner. My mom has a box of really, old, old barbies. They had exchangable wigs and stuff like that. She won't even let me touch them. She thinks they are worth millions and are going to be her retirement someday. Would any of you buy your daughters Barbies today? I'd be really picky about it. Those Brats dolls are completely out. Anything that sexualizes them is just out. I mean I remember Barbies being pretty, dressing up, growing up. I never looked at them like, "That's what I want to look like when I get older." Does that make sense? I think I confused myself. Oh well.

Like Super Woman Barbie. Fuck Yeah I'd Buy That Shit For My Daughter!!

See now I'm all fired up about this. I just looked on Toys R Us's site and they've got some cool Barbies

EX:

Barbie I Can Be Space Camp Teresa
Barbie I Can Be Soccer Star
Barbie I Can Be Sea World Trainer

What's wrong with being a Kick Ass Soccer Star or a Rock on Sea World Trainer? Fucking right. Yes, I'd buy these for my kid.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Feb 17 2009, 06:37 AM
Post #39

Hardcore BUSTie

I hate to admit it, but those barbie outfits in the fashion show were actually pretty cool.

Unlike AP, I was not the least bit feminist when it came to playing with my barbies. They were always getting dressed up to go out to parties. And then when I got the dreamhouse I would have Barbie taking muffins out of the oven just in time for Ken to come home in the convertible. Lawd.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 16 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #40

Big Fat Bitch

I had that Dream Glow, too! And I had one with uber long hair that came with this plastic thing that called itself making braids, when it really made lame-ass twists. And somewhere, lurking in my basement are Western Barbie & Ken (His hair is black!) in matching white/black/silver sparkly duds. And the really weird thing is that one of her eyes "winked" when you pressed a button in her back. She looked deranged. Creepiest barbie I ever owned, I think.

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 19, 2014 - 10:08 PM