The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bragging Rights
housewife
post Jan 24 2007, 08:35 AM
Post #21

Oooo...we did that in college. I never won a match, but it was stupidly fun. my friend, this really skinny girl, was great at indian wrestling. I couldnt never figure out how she could beat people so much bigger than her?

ok...bragbragbrag...

I just had an opening the other night and I sold 1/3 of my paintings in the first hour (!!!) I just got an offer for a show at another fabulous little art spot for this spring.

c'mon. high five me.

--------------------
"Ward, I'm worried about the Beaver." -June Cleaver
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
go_kayte
post Jan 4 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #22

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(nickclick @ Jan 4 2007, 09:57 AM) *

???indian leg wrestling???

is that like sitting indian-style? (or as my 1st grade teacher-roomate may call it, to be more PC - sitting like a pretzel, or criss-cross applesauce)

No, it's like arm wrestling but with legs. It's kind of hard to explain without seeing it, but two people lie down on their backs in opposite directions and lock their elbows. Then they each put their inside legs up in the air and lock them and try to pull the other person over. It's really fun.

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Jan 4 2007, 08:40 AM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

???indian leg wrestling???

is that like sitting indian-style? (or as my 1st grade teacher-roomate may call it, to be more PC - sitting like a pretzel, or criss-cross applesauce)

+Quote Post
go_kayte
post Jan 3 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

I won two straight leg falls in indian leg wrestling! Against the guy who before was undefeated! That makes me the new unofficial indian leg wrestling champ! (We're thinking of creating a league)

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Dec 30 2006, 06:19 PM
Post #25

PANTIES! ew.

It's about time he moved closer, Maimy. I'm crossing all parts for you that it happens in 2007.

+Quote Post
maimy
post Dec 29 2006, 08:24 PM
Post #26

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay, thread-hogging. And half of what I want to post isn't even something to brag about as if it were something I'd wrought somehow. But today has been packed with good things.

>> I hit 207 pages on my novel. My goal was 200 by New Year's Eve.
>> That's 60,592 words, kids!
>> My $5,000 bonus also hit my account today. Neato-spedito.
>> My insurance company sent me a letter of apology and a $17 check for a prescription overcharge today.
>> I found just the right pair of gold earrings today (have been less-than-half looking for about a year now), and bought them.
>> This was during a very convivial shopping trip with my mother, who may now be convinced I am not suicidal. It may not be accurate, but it's a good sham.
>> kog3100 may be visiting shortly.
>> There is reason to hope he may be moving permanently not too long after said visit. We'll see.
>> Our firm has decided to close for the National Day of Mourning for President Ford. This equals a four-and-a-half day weekend, as I left at one today.
>> The weather has been in the fifties and seventies. This bodes well for MUCH-needed car-cleaning ...
>> A BUSTie who shall remain nameless (but who really digs pug pups) gave me a very lovely compliment on my way with words.
>> A little girl at the mall gave her mommy a very lovely compliment on "that lady's pretty hair." *SQUEE* (SO cute - little white tights and little ballet shoes ...)
>> I did not feel like a complete total fat-ass ... before dinner ... (Hey, gotta start somewhere.)

I will stop now. But - yeah. I am grateful.

+Quote Post
maimy
post Dec 26 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #27

Hardcore BUSTie

I contacted my creative writing prof, the only remaining link to my alma mater, and he is STILL using one of my stories occasionally in his class. For clarity: That's 17 years after I wrote it. I don't think even *I* have a copy of it anymore ... Maybe I need to ask him for a mimeograph - hee.

He and his wife are among the few profs whose names I still recognize at the University. There were a few Emeritii - but so many new names on departmental lists! Seems to happen so much faster than it used to, professorial turnover. I'd have sworn, when I was little, professors were fixtures to last several generations.

(*Thinking of Reg Chronotis* Heh)

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Dec 7 2006, 08:51 AM
Post #28

Hardcore BUSTie

congrats to all!

my iStockphoto pics are selling like hotcakes!

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Dec 6 2006, 08:32 AM
Post #29

PANTIES! ew.

Congratulations, you two, on your writing accomplishments!

+Quote Post
maimy
post Dec 5 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #30

Hardcore BUSTie

I'll brag about writing too - my novel-thing is 177 pages, and I am on track to the goal of 200 by New Year's. Wewt.

+Quote Post
curioushair
post Dec 5 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #31

Hardcore BUSTie

This is an incredibly small accomplishment, and should absolutely not affect my self-esteem in anyway, but one of my pictures finally made Flickr's Explore page.

The slightly bigger accomplishment is that I finished a rough draft of...something. It doesn't even come close to being novel-like, but it's a start. (Yeah, it was for NaNoWriMo, but what a way to kick your butt into writing--50,000 words in a month!. And I get a cute little certificate and web icon.)

--------------------
Standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 9 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #32

sassygrrl

Bunnyb, your friend that bought you Ed Wood rocks. I'm getting that DVD with my next paycheck (half inspiried by the glorious Johnny Depp thread now).

I have a group of loving friends (IRL and here) that are brillant and funny. And although my family is quite dysfunctional (after all we put the fun in it... then again whose's family isn't) I know that deep down they love me.

And thankful for my crap job, even though it's crap. I'd glad I'm employed.... after considering that I deal with unemployment statistics all day long in my job.

Oh, and HOORAY for Katiebelle! That frigging rocks chica!

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Sep 9 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #33

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I'm having a productive day; it could be more so, however, which means getting back to it after this post (and lengthy break).

I have a lot to brag about/be thankful for: I have a boyfriend who I am dippy for and who adores me back, who spoils me and treats me like a princess.

I have a loving family and a sister and kitty I adore (my kitty is too cute today - he has been curled up at my feet whilst I type, since I woke).

I have fabulous friends (IRL and not). One of my best bought me Ed Wood on dvd and I love her dearly and need to rave about her, for that alone!

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Sep 4 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #34

Hardcore BUSTie

i woke up coming to an amazing sex dream this morning.
which proves, i guess, that i'm not dead yet. hee.

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 3 2006, 09:52 AM
Post #35

PANTIES! ew.

I will not let this thread die.

Aww yeah, the CD cabinet looks pretty spiffy when it's organized, now, doesn't it? Happy happy joy joy.

Thank you, Morrissey, for keeping me company on what would have been an otherwise lonely Saturday night. Heh.

+Quote Post
katiebelle2882
post Jun 16 2006, 01:34 PM
Post #36

Hardcore BUSTie

awwww thanks guys:-) you got me all blushing and stuff

--------------------
“There's something about the Irish that is remarkable.”-François de la Rochefoucauld

+Quote Post
hummingbird
post Jun 16 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

katiebelle, the thread is in working girls. Congrats again, and don't forget to celebrate cause' your movin on up!

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 16 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #38

yah katiebelle!!!woot! good for you, you deserve it chica.

+Quote Post
sixelacat
post Jun 15 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #39

Creating demon-radical feminist hybrids since 1974

Go Katie Go!!!!

*double hurkie*

I love it when Busties get PAID!!!

--------------------
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!

+Quote Post
katiebelle2882
post Jun 15 2006, 09:54 PM
Post #40

Hardcore BUSTie

i work in advertising hummingbird in nyc. this really comes at a time when i need it the most in terms of credit card bills and whatnot so i am psyched to say the least. maybe ill even be able to move out of my damn house..... thanks for the congrats, i still can hardly believe it:-)
oh hummingbird, wheres that mid twenties thread! i think that was an awesome idea!

--------------------
“There's something about the Irish that is remarkable.”-François de la Rochefoucauld

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25, 2014 - 05:41 PM