The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
missladyj
post May 31 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #581

Hardcore BUSTie

Hilarious Dusty!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dusty
post May 30 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #582

Hardcore BUSTie

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/05/21/f...-stupid-u-look/

Speaking of sensible shoes, I was just at a union convention and someone pointed out to me how all the nurses had comfortable looking shoes on.

+Quote Post
pherber
post May 30 2008, 05:39 PM
Post #583

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks, mouse!!! biggrin.gif
Yeah, I didn't have internet for over a year, and I so missed the lounge.

freckle, I'm not offended at all!
Your post cracked me up!
That horrible burgundy red that is so popular amongst older women, I never got that.
They're probably trying to look youthful, which is weird, beause that just emphasises their age.
Incidentally I've lived in Britain for a few years, and I've always admired how British men refuse to wear shorts in the summer.
I hate that German habit of throwing off clothes, as soon as the sun comes out. rolleyes.gif
I think we should introduce school uniforms, where boys are forced to wear shorts even in winter, so they will develop a lifelong phobia of exposing their legs to the public.
It's cruel, I know, but anyone, who's ever seen an 80 year old Nazi with varicose veins in shorts will probably agree! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
mouse
post May 29 2008, 08:17 PM
Post #584

Most Likely Procrastinating

a burlesque dancer showed me how to walk in heels and it still took me a year to really become comfortable. i still can't manage much over 3 inches anyway without looking like an idiot.

i wish i had a cat to put tape on its head to find out what the hell hellotampon is talking about...

PHERBER'S BACK! i thought i saw you around. HI PHERBER!

COF last weekend at an art museum. girl, my age, black tee, longer than usual but still NOT A DRESS, & silver leggings. now, these were not just any kind of silver leggings, which are bad enough to begin with. these were skin-tight, super super thin leggings, which meant that every jiggle of her flesh was magnified tenfold. and she was a nicely shaped girl! the kind of girl who theoretically could pull off leggings! if leggings were meant to be pulled off as pants in any way, and not just meant to be PULLED OFF THE BODY in punishment if anyone tried to wear them as pants. she did not have ginormous thighs that should have been in sweatpants. her thighs were smaller than mine. but somehow, the combination of the second-skin-ness of the leggings and their reflective silver color made every step she took a veritable thigh-earthquake. I COULD NOT LOOK AWAY. it was hypnotizing.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post May 29 2008, 01:26 PM
Post #585

beachcomber

isn't that style called Skunkhair?

and isn't it (hopefully) already 'out?'

ironically enough, when I did the platinum/copper all over streaks in my hair (what I now ruefully refer back to as my 'stripper streaks,' the mr totally dug it and has actually requested I do it again.
ummm, considering how it totally FRIED my hair, made me feel like a *freak* and I am only using vegetable based hair colorants now.. not so much!

pherber, I've lived in germany- and I hope this doesn't offend you but, what about the near glow in the dark stop light red fake hair on older women?
oh, and the men w/ bermuda's pulled up to their armpits & dark socks w/ clogs?
(maybe it's a cultural thing tho? I really don't mean to offend!)

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
pherber
post May 29 2008, 11:43 AM
Post #586

Hardcore BUSTie

I wouldn't give a rat's ass about Emo, if it weren't for those teethgnashingly irritating pics of one-eyed sadness.
Fucking myspace is full of it. I want to bang my head on the desk everytime I see one of those.

+Quote Post
damona
post May 28 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #587

can i go to bed now?

i saw a lady at best buy the other day. she was a nice looking woman, decent hair and makeup.... slightly too tight halter top and denim capris. she had a small baby with her, so i'm guessing her fashion faux pas was a result of trying to fit into pre-baby clothes a bit ahead of schedule. the worst part tho, was that she was wearing super high platform sandals, the kind where the sole is a bit narrower than the footbed. and she was doing the wiggle walk. i thought of the comments on here from a couple days ago, pictured her as a cat with tape on it's head, and snorted diet pepsi all over myself. it almost killed me.

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post May 28 2008, 08:07 AM
Post #588

(o)(o)

I fucking hate EMO.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
pherber
post May 27 2008, 03:21 PM
Post #589

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm a bit jealous, I swear!

I really wish I could see some of those freaks, just so my eyes could get a break from the boring dullards that inhabit Hamburg...

The stereotypes:
Middle class:
Safe neutrals, poly/cotton mix catalog style, and sensible loafers.

Working class:
Overweight in skinny jeans and tight lycra tops, worn with cheap ugly shoes.
Sadly, not hideous enough to be entertaining.

Teenagers:
Clich├Ęd sub-culture hiphop-goth-emo-whatever sheepherd look, always worn with that irritating "I'm sooo different and original!" attitude. rolleyes.gif

Reeperbahn tourists:
Beige safari outfits, trekking sandals, rucksacks.

Someone please send sequins and rhinestones - it's an emergency!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 23 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #590

Big Fat Bitch

Completely OT, but I've never stuck tape on my cat's head. *rushes off to find some tape & corner a feline*

Rife with fashion disasters & now I know why. I went to the mall. It was always lame when I lived here, now it almost exclusively sells whore-wear. I saw a big-haired woman yesterday that was rocking the black lipliner on a pale lip, a halter top she was bulging out of the bottom of, & jeans so tight she didn't have a muffin top, she had a loaf. Clear plastic stripper shoes. That she was trying not to fall out of. Her belly/backfat jiggled with each step. She wasn't even that big, the clothes were just unflattering. And I could tell she thought she looked so *hot*. Eek!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post May 23 2008, 07:36 AM
Post #591

Hardcore BUSTie

Maybe she was trying to walk her way out of a thong wedgie. The way a cat tries to walk it out when you put a piece of tape on it's head.

+Quote Post
sixelacat
post May 22 2008, 05:26 PM
Post #592

Creating demon-radical feminist hybrids since 1974

Somewhat related...

A letter to the woman at Hen House:

I know you thought you were working a fierce runway walk in those boots, but sadly this was not the case. Partly because A: it's not a runway, it's the pickle aisle; B: you paired perfectly acceptable knee high stacked heel boots with capri pants. But mostly the walk itself looked as if you'd had an unfortunate suppository accident, with your legs reaching your destination too far ahead of your body. You looked like you were ready to apply to the Ministry of Silly Walks. Perhaps you needed to ditch the thong? Whatever the reason, please stop. For everyone's sake.

Love,
sixelacat

--------------------
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post May 22 2008, 11:40 AM
Post #593

Hardcore BUSTie

I'll never forget seeing this girl in high school winging herself around a corner in unsteady heels with a vacant look in her eyes because she was so intent on getting where she going quickly without falling on her face. She almost plowed me down and didn't even notice.

+Quote Post
edie52
post May 22 2008, 09:14 AM
Post #594

Hardcore BUSTie

Amen on the heels. I love me some flats, but I'm 5'10". If you don't want to wear flats, how about 2 inch heels instead of 5 inch ones? I was at a thing last night and saw a few girls slowly teetering around on huge heels, looking like they were gonna fall at any moment. Not to mention that there was FREE WINE at this event, people.

+Quote Post
dayglowpink
post May 21 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #595

Hardcore BUSTie

If you are going to wear high heels, don't tromp around like an elephant or a child dressed up in her mothers clothes looking really uncomfortable and unsure of yourself. Either practice in them at home or WEAR FLATS.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine! I can't stand seeing people clomping around in heels. It's funny, I never wear heels, and I recently bought some. I keep saying I have to practice around the house before I wear them, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

+Quote Post
octobersky
post May 18 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #596

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(kittenb @ May 16 2008, 07:48 PM) *
The concert was AWSOME! I was very impressed with myself that I could remember so many of the words. The light show was really good too which might be an odd thing to notice but it was good.

The best part was that, for the whole show, Simon was singing only to me. My boyfriend says that wasn't the case but I think he was just jelous. tongue.gif

Well of course he was jealous, Simon is hot. See John Taylor would be playing bass just for me and only me. Strange how crushes you have had since you were 11 stay with you. wink.gif

When I subbed at a high school some of the girls would wear heels and I just found it totally amusing to watch them totter about in them. Of course I wasn't exactly graceful in them when I was their age either. I was in my early twenties when a drag queen finally showed me how to walk properly in heels.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post May 18 2008, 07:56 AM
Post #597

Hardcore BUSTie

If you are going to wear high heels, don't tromp around like an elephant or a child dressed up in her mothers clothes looking really uncomfortable and unsure of yourself. Either practice in them at home or WEAR FLATS.
thank you.

congrats on your graduation dayglow!

+Quote Post
dayglowpink
post May 17 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #598

Hardcore BUSTie

I went to my graduation today. Most of the other graduates and faculty members are middle aged women. Of course you can only see everyone's feet sticking out from under their gowns. My boyfriend said that it was the worst collection of women's footwear he'd ever seen in his life. It was definitely horrible. Everything was just so clunky and chunky and sensible and not in a good way.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 17 2008, 02:37 AM
Post #599

Big Fat Bitch

TUBE TOPS! There is no reason for tube tops. But I saw at least THREE girls at the bar tonight in tube tops. From the small & perky to the nonononononononono types.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
kittenb
post May 16 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #600

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

The concert was AWSOME! I was very impressed with myself that I could remember so many of the words. The light show was really good too which might be an odd thing to notice but it was good.

The best part was that, for the whole show, Simon was singing only to me. My boyfriend says that wasn't the case but I think he was just jelous. tongue.gif

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 25, 2014 - 02:21 PM