The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

32 Pages V  « < 30 31 32  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What bands are you currently listening to? What excites you?
whammy_bar
post May 12 2006, 06:00 PM
Post #621

Hardcore BUSTie

I seriously regret not seeing wolfmother at the small club across the street from where I live!! I KNEW I would like them. I did see Annie there though!! And Backyard Babies.

Yeah thanks epinephrine this is awesome. You can listen to stuff you've read about, which was the appeal of swapping songs on the internet, without the record companies and artists getting bent out of shape -- if you like it you may go pay for it, right? It took em long enought to catch on to that basic fact about sharing.

Just reading about someone isn't enough to make me plonk down major $$$ for a ticket, and radio is too restrictive. even the college indies have their egos where they only play certain things
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
glimmerllama
post May 12 2006, 01:53 PM
Post #622

I've been listening to the last.fm streaming player a lot lately because you can search by similar artists and get to hear a lot of different bands.

As far as actual bands, I've been listening to Freezepop (sort of sounds like Figurine), Princess Superstar, and grand buffet.

http://www.last.fm/user/GlimmerLlama/

+Quote Post
faerietails
post May 12 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #623

donut-lovin' heathen

:-( I really want to see Wolfmother at Webster Hall. I'm seriously in the poor house, though, because I went on a little concert-ticket spending spree. One of those concerts I *will* be attending is Sleater-Kinney, though! I almost died when I saw they were coming.

+Quote Post
stargazer75
post May 12 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #624

Hardcore BUSTie

oh AP...i've gotten into Wolfmother as well...they are coming to Chitown soon...

+Quote Post
gardnerella
post May 11 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #625

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks, epinephrine. I've been listening to that station off and on all day. I've been a music slump lately so that was refreshing.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post May 11 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #626

sassygrrl

Wolfmother was on Conan the other night. :-)

+Quote Post
saktii
post May 11 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #627

Hardcore BUSTie

my new current faves are Mum and Shpongle. I've grown tired of alot of the hipster/indie stuff I was into last year.
My last roommates were friends with Hot Hot Heat, so they'd come over and party at my house when they were in town. Nice guys, but I grew really tired of the 3am coke fueled guitar sing-alongs in the living room as I was trying to sleep.
Also, Carlos D. from Interpol has been to my house several times, and even though I *love* Interpol, Carlos is kind of full of himself.

--------------------
[font=Comic Sans Ms][b][i]"I found God and all his devils inside her.."[color=#CC0000]

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post May 10 2006, 02:01 PM
Post #628

Hardcore BUSTie

i've recently discovered radio blog, a wicked online music resource. you can't download anything, it's all streamed, but you can create playlists or access others. i found this really good one last night - a lot of great music by artists i've never heard of. i'm really digging animal collective. check it out.

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
sassypants
post May 2 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #629

BUSTie

Po_cassidy I'm totally loving The Horrorpops right now too!

Also: Dresden Dolls, Xavier Rudd, The Breeders, Donovan Frankenreier, Depeche Mode (always Depeche Mode), Goldfrapp, and anxiously awaiting the Scissor Sisters new stuff.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 2 2006, 11:43 AM
Post #630

Big Fat Bitch

Saw Wolfmother over the weekend. The live show officially makes them the new kings of buttrock.

Tosca & Gnarles Barkley.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
beethoven_1223
post May 2 2006, 02:00 AM
Post #631

BUSTie

oh my god. i was cruising myspace and happened upon this really hot guy and he had a song called Better than me by Hinder on his page. i'm in love with that song as well as Lips of an angel. they kinda remind me of Staind. wow. i should email him and be like i love you for your taste in music.

+Quote Post
po_cassidy
post May 1 2006, 08:54 AM
Post #632

The Horrorpops are a rockin' group. That song "Crawl Straight Home" is a great femme drinking song.
Wanda Jackson is great to listen to on long car trips. She makes you want to don a cowboy hat and sing along with her doleful lyrics.
Amon Tobin is fabulous electronic breaks/D&B. The songs almost sound like a movie soundtrack. Think fight scenes from Kill Bill 1.

+Quote Post
gogosgirl
post May 1 2006, 08:14 AM
Post #633

Hardcore BUSTie

I second your wolfmother love, faerietails. I've been rocking them since the beginning of March, and it's one of the only bands I'd play in my office that boys would perk up to -- "Is this Black Sabbath?" It's always a kick to let them know it's their reincarnation in 20year old Aussies. And the fact that someone in this millennium is howling primally about unicorns and gnomes in the forest...it just brings a smile to my lips every time!

+Quote Post
faerietails
post Apr 30 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #634

donut-lovin' heathen

I've decided I'm in love with Wolfmother. Their old-school rock sound rocks my socks.

+Quote Post
mouni4
post Apr 30 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #635

BUSTie

I'm into anything by Michel Montecrossa, Mirakali and Diana Antara, like the "By my delf in these streets Concert" CD Home Page

+Quote Post
gretsch
post Apr 24 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #636

BUSTie

Kinks... sigh.... "Waterloo Sunset" does it for me every time, but as albums go I like "Kinda Kinks" and "Kontroversy" a whole heck of a lot!

+Quote Post
whammy_bar
post Apr 24 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #637

Hardcore BUSTie

OOh, thanks gretsch!!

I wanted to post that I had some fabulous pinot noir a few nights ago, took a shower with fabulous orange Suave conditioner all over my hair and body -- that shit's good yo!! for a couple dollars! Read the bottle! all of the good and none of the bad!!

And jumped around naked dancing and singing to "Well Respected Kinks" which i bought in England!! and to Get Your Wings Aerosmith both on vinyl!!

Time! Live on borrowed time, 'bout to lose your mind, takes the wind. right. out. ofyour SAIIIILLLLS!

Early Aerosmith was enchantingly weird weird.

+Quote Post
gretsch
post Apr 23 2006, 06:44 PM
Post #638

BUSTie

I just love the Reigning Sound!!!! Rockin', gritty, soulful... and lyrics that are really personal. Every listen, I get something new out of their stuff.

How's that new My Morning Jacket stack up against their past few releases? I got hooked on "It Still Moves" but since then, I haven't been exactly knocked out. Their show in Athens last summer was mind blowing tho!

Hey Whammy bar, you are darn tootin' about "Pink Flag"! Still sounds fresh even twenty years after I got my mitts on my copy...

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 30 31 32
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 27, 2014 - 10:24 PM