Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don't hate me because I'm beautiful
auralpoison
post May 10 2010, 06:22 PM
Post #41

Big Fat Bitch

Toasterbottom, I'd rec a sponge tip applicator for the shadow & you're going to want to layer for full effect. The glitter sticks really well if you're into that sort of thing!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
toasterbottom
post May 10 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #42

BUSTie

I'm sorry, Snow... no advice here. Hope you get well soon, though.

Seems silly to mention, but I'm trying some new things... stila jeweled eyeshadows and eyeliners. the eyeliners go on sooooo well, but they are def not waterproof like they say.

The jeweled eyeshadow might be better if i applied it with a brush instead of with my finger... will report back later.

+Quote Post
deschatsrouge
post Apr 21 2010, 02:52 PM
Post #43

A symphony of atrocities.

((((Snow White))))

--------------------
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." -Exodus 22:18

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Apr 21 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #44

Hardcore BUSTie

snow white - My aunt lives in DC and her hospital hooked her up with a wigmaker who matched her original hair color by blending different shades. The best part was that, even though it was an expensive wig (it really looks natural) her insurance refunded most of the cost.
You might want to check and see what kind of program / suggestions your hospital offers.

Good luck!

((((((((snow white))))))))

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 21 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #45

Big Fat Bitch

Wow. Uh, that's one hell of a way to drop a bomb there, Snow White. I am saddened to hear you are unwell. Fuck cancer! Much love & healing vibes to you!

Have you started chemo yet? Because shit can start falling out as early as two weeks in.

Picking a wig is a daunting task. Yeah, you want the right colour, style, shape for your face, etc, but there's a lot of other stuff to think about. You have to consider price (They can be MAD expensive!), environment (How long you'll need it, weather where you're located), & lifestyle.

Have you been to a store yet to get measured & such? Try anything on for size? My gran got hers from TLC after hitting a wig shop or five in OKC. She made the shopkeepers crazy even though at least one store was staffed with a lot of survivors!

Of course, that did not stop me from buying her a pink polyester beehive.

You might want to give Mandolyn a shout out, she's the only Bustie I can think of that may have some first hand insight for you.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
snow white
post Apr 21 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #46

Hardcore BUSTie

hellotampon, that's exactly how my lips are. i think it's called a cupid's bow and it always reminds me of flappers with their little tiny pouts. i also have a hard time with lipstick, i think i'm just picky (i also hate glittery lip polishes). i like really tinted sheer gloss, so my lips have strong color but it's not as high maintance as lip stick. i've been using neutragena sheer lip gloss and HiP intense lip gloss. but i'm still searching for the perfect high powered, low maintaince tint.

anyway, i originally wandered in here to see if any ladies in here had any experiences with wigs. i'm going through chemo right now and i just want some wig advice from women my own age, not old biddies.

here's hoping smile.gif

--------------------
I'm not loaded, I'm just tired of being nice

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Apr 10 2010, 08:20 AM
Post #47

Hardcore BUSTie

I just bought and tried on the Wild Berry Wink CG lipstain based on what I read in here and I love it!

I am not a lipstick person. My lips are full, but my mouth is small, so in my limited experience with lip color, it usually looks bad on me. But this looks great! The color is perfect (I have brown eyes and light olive skin) and my mouth doesn't look tiny. I also like that it's matte. Last week I accidentally bought a tinted chapstick that's like, purple, shiny, and a little shimmery, and it looks terrible on.

+Quote Post
toasterbottom
post Apr 4 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #48

BUSTie

I'm back! While at WalMart noticed the hard candy line and picked up a cream shadow in green sparkle ("ammo"), SPF 15 tinted moisturizer and a couple of tinted lip balms.

The moisturizer is a little thick for my taste, but blended well with my skin tone and is supposed to be SPF, which I liked.

The tinted balms don't have much tint, but the package is cute and the balm seems to work ok as a regular lip moisturizer.

The eyeshadow goes on sparsely, not nearly as bold as the package, so I was a little disappointed in it.

From what I've read, the concealers and things from this line are a-ok, but the color "payoff" isn't very high with any of the shadows or pencils.

(While there, I also splurged on some more CG lipstains... sooo pretty! I feel like a 40s actress wearing these matte shades.)

Annnd I have enough new crap to try out for now... I think I'll take a break from all this hardcore shopping.

+Quote Post
toasterbottom
post Apr 3 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #49

BUSTie

Aural, I do, I do!

Bought the CG lipstain in plum pout, I agree it's more of a red... I like it, though! Thanks for the tip.

Also scored some other new stuff today at Sephora... replaced my Clinique touch base for eyes in Canvas, and am trying a new foundation primer by Benefit called "That Gal." It's supposed to brighten my complexion... We shall see.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 25 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #50

Big Fat Bitch

Glad you dig the Highbeam, too, Toasterbottom! That stuff is boss!

QUOTE(epinephrine @ Mar 21 2010, 06:37 PM) *
It stood up ok to my tuna sandwich, but was almost gone after a few sips of water. It did feather a tiny bit into the cracks around my lips, but I doubt anyone but me would ever have noticed. And when some got on my teeth it was a bitch to get off. It's a bit dry, so I put a layer of Burt's Bees tinted chapstick over it. Great to wear at work, where I'm constantly worried about smudging because there's no mirror to check in, but useless on a night out if you're going to be drinking.

It's funny how what works for one doesn't work for another. CG stains didn't work so hot for you & Tree, but RV, Raisingirl & I all had good long lasting results with the stains. I had zero feathering at all & have had it stand up through food & a great many beverages. I wouldn't go so far as to call it "useless" for a night out drinking, I'd rather apply a stain twice in a night than have to apply lipstick over & over again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
toasterbottom
post Mar 24 2010, 11:21 AM
Post #51

BUSTie

Hi there, I am new around here but a makeup enthusiast!

Something I've been looking for lately is a really good, full-coverage concealer for breakouts. Any tips? I have tried Smashbox High Definition Concealer as well as Pop beauty no show concealer. Pop works ok but is a bit pricey at 24 dollars. plus, it comes with stick and liquid, and i prefer the stick and feel gypped paying for the liquid part too. i've been thinking about trying Clinique, since that's what my mother always used, but wanted to see if there was a miracle drugstore or other reasonable brand. I also have benefit boioing concealer for under eyes, and like that, but it is a bit too sheer for breakouts.

Things I'm in love with:

Benefit High Beam cheek and brow highlighter--looks like nail polish, but totally isn't. blends well with foundation.

Benefit Bad Gal Lash Waterproof (edit: this is the best mascara I have used in a long time... i went through cargo-texas lash, better than waterproof, clinique-high impact mascara, stila-lash visor, bad gal lash non waterproof, plus a bunch of maybelline etc and finally found this)

Urban Decay palettes (I have the three big ones and use them all the time. the colors stay put all day if you use a primer)

Clinique touch base for eyes for neutral/natural lids

Urban Decay Primer potion in sin for shimmery lids

Smashbox foundation and primer in photo finish

Milani green liquid liner

Sally Hansen insta-dri formula nail polish

Kat Von D for Sephora palette in Beethoven

So yeah... that's what I'm using lately.

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Mar 21 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #52

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, I picked up the Plum Pout and was delighted to find that, applied generously, it looks almost exactly like Adrenaline, my favourite lipstick which I'm constantly getting compliments on (although I woudn't call it a plum). It was on sale for seven bucks and I had a coupon for a dollar off, so it worked out pretty well. It's got the most pigment of all the shades they had. It applies nicely and feels wonderfully clean and light, especially after all the heavy lipstick I've gotten used to. It's water-based and doesn't hold up to moisture at all, but as long as you keep it dry it stays put beautifully. I tried to wipe it off with tissue paper like a regular lipstick yesterday and it didn't budge. It stood up ok to my tuna sandwich, but was almost gone after a few sips of water. It did feather a tiny bit into the cracks around my lips, but I doubt anyone but me would ever have noticed. And when some got on my teeth it was a bitch to get off. It's a bit dry, so I put a layer of Burt's Bees tinted chapstick over it. Great to wear at work, where I'm constantly worried about smudging because there's no mirror to check in, but useless on a night out if you're going to be drinking.

I'm considering Revlon's new violet lipstick. I wonder if it would be too goth on me. Probably. Meh, maybe if it goes on sale...

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Mar 19 2010, 11:33 AM
Post #53

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm in Canada; it's usually about 10 bucks here. I know I can find it cheaper if I look around a bit, though. I saw it on sale for 6 a couple weeks ago before I had a chance to check the colours. I wish I'd snapped it up then.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 18 2010, 04:18 PM
Post #54

Big Fat Bitch

A single CCG stain shouldn't cost you more than $7.99. And I cannot comprehend how it was "runny" unless somebody shook the marker up but good. It should just be like a regular marker. No lipliner, anything on the lips is gonna clog up the felt tip. Your lips should be completely clean before application.

Ooooops! I almost forgot! I ordered some of the new American Apparel nailpolish. It's supposed to be free of all kinds of stuff. There's been a lot of drama surrounding it being "hazardous" & AA pulled it for a while. I didn't sweat this because I tried to order from abroad several months back & was advised that they could only ship ground because ALL nailpolish is deemed "hazardous". The colours look really fab & they're pretty cheap compared to a lot of stuff out there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Mar 18 2010, 09:28 AM
Post #55

Hardcore BUSTie

So I found a store that actually has samples of all the CoverGirl lipstains and decided on Perfectly Plum. Just shopping around for good prices now, because there seems to be quite a range. Revlon Colourstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick is on sale, though, and I'm thinking of getting one of those. Anyone here tried it? Also, does the CG lipstain bleed, or need to be used with a lipliner? It seemed very runny when I tried it, likely to bleed into the cracks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Mar 9 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #56

Hardcore BUSTie

Awesome, thanks. I was thinking of springing for the Wild Berry Wink, it looks the most like what I wear already. I just checked my bank account and I have more than I usually do this early in the month - must be time for an indulgence! Maybe I'll go shopping later and check out that Givenchy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 5 2010, 07:27 AM
Post #57

Big Fat Bitch

Wow. Revlon Black Cherry. That is a name I haven't heard in a looooong time. That was my go-to lipstick in high school. It makes a pretty good stain itself if smudged on in layers with a fingertip.

And you are right, none of the CoverGirl lipstains look like their packaging/suggested colours. Wild Berry Wink is a true red, but doesn't look it at all if you go by the container/adverts. Gimme a couple days to scare up all the colours I do have & I'll see what I can tell you.

Honestly, the Givenchy is probably the closest I have to what you want in just one sweep. Build up a couple layers & it could give RBC a run for it's money.

--------------------

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Mar 3 2010, 06:48 PM
Post #58

Hardcore BUSTie

I really like rich, deep lip colours, and I'm in the market for a good lipstain because the deep colours I like to wear look really awful when they dry and cake and fade and settle into the cracks and do all that annoying lipstick stuff. I've noticed a few recommendations for the CoverGirl lipstain, which is good because that's all I've seen that's within my price range (and I have a coupon sitting around somewhere), but I've heard that the actual colour looks nothing at all like the packaging (which all looks a bit too subtle to me, anyway) and none of the stores I've been to offer samples! For those of you who've tried them, can you recommend a shade? My two favourite lipcolours right now are Adrenaline by Annabelle and Black Cherry by Revlon. If any of CoverGirl's lipstains are similar to those, let me know, because that's what I want!

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 4 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #59

Big Fat Bitch

Okay, so I've some beauty product news. I bought some individual stuff & some product samplers that were on sale or free with purchase.

First up, Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs nail polish. Can I just say, I DIE! They are tres awesome. Mme. Moriarty is exactly what it says it is: a wet, glossy blood red. Two quick coats & I was set & looking fierce. Destroying Angel is a dark, dusky brown with an undercurrent of purple. Very nice! Robotic Scarab is a sparkly kind of rusty brown. I really like it. It complements my LQ Rust Saint lipstick beautifully.

I am in lurve with Lipstick Queen lipsticks. They are pricey, but once you use one, you'll know they are worth every penny. Beautiful alone, even better when mixed up. Medieval is a sheer red that gives every complexion a sweet, cherry pout. Works well with/over other colours, too. Black Tie Optional can be a little gothy straight from the tube, but is fantastic over other colours, it can really stretch my fistfuls of stains into dozens of permutations. Very matte, very moist like all LQ products. I have a Sinner lipstick (90% pigment) in Rouge that is absolutely gorgeous. The colour is intense! I also bought a Saint in Rust (10% pigment) that is a perfect subtle sexy colour. Last but not least is their Butterfly Ball lipstick in Goodbye. The BB's all contain a light blue undertone that is supposed to make your teeth look whiter, I just know it looks faintly shimmery but doesn't make me look like I am twelve. It's grown-up sparkly.

I've tried some new HIGH END ($24 a pop!) lip stains, Tarte, Givenchy & Stila. The Tarte isn't even close to being a stain, so I dunno why they are calling it that. The color was nice & sheer, but not wear all day. It is HYPER moisturizing, though. Like, one app was good for a moist couple hours. The Givenchy is really little more than a magic marker on the reals. It even smelt magic marker-y. The color was nice, though & it wasn't drying at all. The Stila sucked as expected (2/$10 in a bargain kit), but smelled nice. In the end, stick with the CoverGirl, it's just a better product all around.

I got a sample of BareEscentual Buxom gloss a few months ago & liked it. It is supposed to plump lips, but mine are plump already, so whatevs. I do like that it's minty, not too tacky, long lasting, & packed with colour. I bought Betty & it's fantastic.

I've gotten a few little kits & samples of some other stuff. I haven't played with the two bareMinerals samples yet, but they send you a little kabuki brush that is great. The Benefit kit came with a couple samples of little freshening up/walk of shame products. That Gal is a nice primer & Some Kind-a Gorgeous evened me out without being too heavy. The Posy tint was too sheer for me to really like, but the Highbeam is a kick ass brightener. I did REALLY like Dr. Feelgood. I'm getting a bit older & I like the mattifying effect it has & it does make my tinted moisturizer go on more smoothly. And a little goes a long way. The Tarte kit was only so-so. I fell in love with the Sandy/Danny gloss, the three lip sheers were nice & minty, the glistening powder was almost as good as the Highbeam, the eyeshadow was nothing to write home about.

And as I said, I am getting older, so I thought I'd try some fancy skincare stuff. I bought a Philosphy set on sale, but have yet to dive into it yet. I tried some of the Hope In a Jar & it is fluffy & soft. I'll let you know how it works out!

--------------------

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Nov 23 2009, 06:22 PM
Post #60

PANTIES! ew.

I went for it, in broad daylight. AWESOME.

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 21, 2014 - 08:07 PM