The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> We Are Athletic Supporters!, The thread for those that follow sports!
missladyj
post May 31 2009, 06:58 AM
Post #21

Hardcore BUSTie

I would love for the finals to be Orlando vs. Denver. I hope the Lakers get knocked out.

And can we please stop comparing Le Bron to MIcheal. HE hasn't won one championship. Micheal had six.

For the record I have been a HEdo Turkalo fan since he played with Sacramento.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 29 2009, 07:41 PM
Post #22

Big Fat Bitch

Can I just say . . . GO NUGGETS!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 3 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #23

Big Fat Bitch

I will not deny it. The possibility that they might make out is a factor in my watching the UFC & the MMA.

Jesus, did Hatton get his ass handed to him last night or what? KO second round, out for more than three minutes. He landed 18 punches. 18. To the PacMan's 73.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Apr 15 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #24

new highs in personal lows daily!

GT, I will admit that my watching of UFC is the male hetero equivalent of getting off on 2 girls fighting. I'm going one of them will start going at it. Is that wrong?

tsk. not in my book wink.gif

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
Divala
post Apr 15 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

I watch UFC for the same reason, Stargazer. There are a lot of half-naked boys getting into a lot of holds that could be construed as sexual. I'm surprised there isn't a bigger gay following.

--------------------
"After all those hours of concentrated effort, I come home pure as the driven snow." -Gidget

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Apr 14 2009, 08:28 AM
Post #26

brown delicious

AP and Freckle, did you see that your Cubbies won their home game season opener?

I read somewhere that Alyssa Milano is a huge sports fan and has started her own sports clothing line with the MLB geared towards women. I thought that was pretty cool even though the teams she had shirts for I wouldn't wear. It is tough to find a sports t-shirt that is not boxy. One of the most unflattering shaped tshirts alive.

GT, I will admit that my watching of UFC is the male hetero equivalent of getting off on 2 girls fighting. I'm going one of them will start going at it. Is that wrong? wink.gif sad.gif blink.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Apr 12 2009, 08:51 AM
Post #27

Hardcore BUSTie

Bulls win. It was nice to see them NOT choke in the fourth quarter. They will be in the playoffs but don't know how long they will last.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Apr 10 2009, 01:14 PM
Post #28

Hardcore BUSTie

Sox fan!!! At least they have won a world series in the last oh I don't know century!
I am a Bulls fan even though they have been suckin this season. I like the Spurs, and hope the Orlando Magic do well since I have been a Turkalo fan since he played with the Sacramento Kings. I kinda wanna see the Cleavland win it all this year. They have to get by the Celtics.

I do like the NBA, NCAA, of course Da Bears. I am excited that they FINALLY have a quarterback.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Apr 9 2009, 01:39 PM
Post #29

heh... i've been in ufc denial. but i do love it. i grew up on muhammed ali, and sugar ray leonard. since boxing is poop right now, i've fallen in with the ufc. but footage of early mma is too brutal for me.

the names take a while. bisbane is the guy who is a coach for the uk team on this season of ultimate fighter. he actually looks a lot like the usa team ....lol. i'm just starting to recognize the ju jitsu holds. which is kinda cool.

yay! i'm glad i'm not the only one. but i love that your roommate loved the subtext. hilarious.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Apr 9 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #30

brown delicious

I just got into UFC. My former roommate was into UFC. But, I think he liked some of the homoerotic subtext in Ultimate Fighting (he was gay). So, I'm so clueless on the name thing. I do like that it is rawer and more intense than boxing for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Apr 9 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #31

blink.gif did you watch the ufc unleashed last night, aural? holy cow..... kongo pummeled that guy... yikes.

same thing on ultimate fighter... i am curious to see how the uk vs. usa thing will play out. the uk guys seem way hungrier. a few of the americans who got on the american team seemed like they got lucky. especially the guy who just curled in a ball the first round and got the choke in the second... i think the brits are going to destroy the americans... except that redhead kid...

i have to also admit i have a tiny crush on bisbane. he looks like a cartoon character i drew years ago. but the cauliflower ear.... ick...

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Apr 9 2009, 10:14 AM
Post #32

brown delicious

I couldn't get on last night 'cause my connection was gone. sad.gif

Thanks for starting the thread AP!

Oh, I didn't get to catch the Blackhawks game. I was watching the White Sox. I can't believe they lost also. Freckle & AP, et tu brute? Cubs fan. *le sigh* I like the Cubs and will support them, but I'm a White Sox fan, true South Sider. Of course, the Bears for football. I've lost touch with the Bulls when Jordan retired.

I'm a fan of soccer, baseball, football, hockey, and UFC. Now, I used to be really good about following sports, but, I kinda fell off that wagon in the past 2 years. So, I'm trying to get back into things.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 9 2009, 06:15 AM
Post #33

Big Fat Bitch

The Cubbies home-opener isn't until next Monday against the Rockies. And they may be my local, but the Rockies suck ass. GO CUBS!

--------------------

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Apr 9 2009, 06:03 AM
Post #34

beachcomber

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Apr 9 2009, 05:57 AM) *
Okay. I vetted this & many were down. So where the hell are ya? I'm gonna be all bitter if it's just Freck & me talking hockey. DON'T MAKE ME COME AFTER YOU, SPORTY BUSTIES!

What the motherfuck?! Columbus BEAT Chicago?! How the fuck did that happen? At least Buffalo beat Toronto. I HATE the Leafs. Fucking hate hate hate them.

Y'know, I'm a Cubbies fan, too, Freck.

no shit seriously??
that's just wrong.

how are the Cubs doing pre-season so far?
I saw the Sox had to postpone their 1st game due to weather- ha!

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 9 2009, 04:57 AM
Post #35

Big Fat Bitch

Okay. I vetted this & many were down. So where the hell are ya? I'm gonna be all bitter if it's just Freck & me talking hockey. DON'T MAKE ME COME AFTER YOU, SPORTY BUSTIES!

What the motherfuck?! Columbus BEAT Chicago?! How the fuck did that happen? At least Buffalo beat Toronto. I HATE the Leafs. Fucking hate hate hate them.

Y'know, I'm a Cubbies fan, too, Freck.

--------------------

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Apr 8 2009, 08:18 AM
Post #36

beachcomber

great new thread AP!

I am a huge hockey fan also: Blackhawks, Predators, Hurricanes (closest to us here) and even sometimes the Redwings (we move a lot).

but since I live in such a crappy town where fun is hard to come by, the mr & I are really into minor league hockey, the SPHL. our local team is the Fireantz & they are currently tied 1-1 in a Best Of 7 Series for the Presidents (read = to Stanley) Cup.
it's cheap to go to (about $11** a pop compared to what- $90 or so for good NHL tix?) & the team is great!

I'm also a die-hard CUBS (!!!) Fan too.

who is in the running for the Cup this year? is it the 'Hawks? !

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 8 2009, 04:55 AM
Post #37

Big Fat Bitch

SPORTS! Talk about your teams/interests here!

I like boxing, hockey, futball, UFC, etc.

I am SO looking forward to tonight's Blackhawks/Blue Jackets game. It's getting down to Cup time!

So MLB is beginning all over the US this week. Take me out to the ballgame! Rooting for anybody in partick?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 18, 2014 - 02:13 PM