sassygrrl

FUCK!!!

I was just getting into the show via Netflix! sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kittenb
post May 17 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #22

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Dammit.

DAMMIT!!!

mad.gif

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
prophecy_grrl
post May 17 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

It's official, no more Veronica Mars sad.gif

+Quote Post
sidecar
post May 13 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #24

Queen of the underground

I like seeing Veronica with someone who's nice, but I have to admit, these last two episodes have left me a bit cold--they're not bad, but they're not as rich as previous seasons. I almost hope it becomes Veronica FBI; it just sounds more interesting.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post May 3 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

it's about time for some hot Piz on Veronica action!!!!

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post May 3 2007, 07:50 AM
Post #26

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Sorry, bunny- I taped the episode and didn't watch it until last night, so I didn't even come in here until now.

I thought it was a great episode- good balance of mystery (with social commentary, even!), Mac AND Wallace in the episode, and some relationship-y stuff without it taking over the whole episode. Oh, and Pulp Fiction and The Big Lebowski references- what more could a girl want?

Certainly better than the Gilmore Girls episode.....grr.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post May 2 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #27

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

Logan. Elevator doors. Heart in throat. That is all.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Mar 30 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #28

sassygrrl

I just popped in to say that I just started watching this show via Netflix... smile.gif
I really like it so far!

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Mar 22 2007, 11:06 AM
Post #29

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I signed the petiton and then I wanted to read random comments. The first page I clicked on had a comment from Joss Whedon. It may not have been him, it may have been a total lie, but it made me feel happy.
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/sig...vmars&14701

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Mar 20 2007, 07:38 AM
Post #30

Hardcore BUSTie

thanks for the link bunny! I will pass it on to other Veronica fans that I know!

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Mar 20 2007, 05:06 AM
Post #31

Here is the petition to save the show.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
jami
post Mar 18 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #32

Hardcore BUSTie

gee, sorry. knew you guys were interested, so I posted what I had found.
me, I miss season three of Joan of Arcadia. would love to know what they had in store...

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/blog...21-798de6671716
Updated: Veronica Canceled? Here's What I Know...
By Kristin Veitch Mar 15, 2007 10:11 PM
Friday, 12:08 p.m.: The CW rep for Veronica Mars tells me: "The show has not been canceled. A decision will be made at the Upfront on May 17."
Sources tell me that the show is most likely to come back in its new FBI format (described below) or not return at all.
Friday, 9:22 a.m.: After speaking with very reliable sources this morning, I can tell you the following about Veronica Mars:
check the above link for more.

--------------------
You will travel through the valley of rejection.
You will reside in the land of morning mists.
And you will find your home.
Though it will not be to where you left it.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Mar 17 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #33

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Huh, how about posting the rest of that article:

UPDATE: E! Online's Kristin Veitch says it may be more complicated than just a simple cancellation. It might come back in a new format, jumping ahead four years when Veronica is an FBI agent. Click here for more details.

And it links to the article posted below.

I'm not opposed to the jumping ahead 4 years thing- if they can develop a greater fan base and manage to stick around, I think having it set when Veronica's out of college will make for better plots. I'm a latecomer to Buffy, so I don't know what theories were floating around at the time, but I wonder if having her get out of college for various plot reasons was intentional because it was just becoming stale being set there (I'm sure Prophecy can confirm or deny this smile.gif )

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
jami
post Mar 17 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #34

Hardcore BUSTie

Veronica Mars Cancelled
Source: Moviehole March 15, 2007

Moviehole has learned from "Veronica Mars" star Tina Majorino's
representatives that The CW has cancelled the critically acclaimed series.
Kristen Bell and the gang won't be back for a fourth season on the network.

The mystery drama, also starring Enrico Colantoni, Percy Daggs III, Teddy
Dunn, Jason Dohring and Francis Capra, started on UPN in 2004 before that
network merged with The WB to become The CW.

The four remaining episodes of season three are scheduled to air in May.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=19392

--------------------
You will travel through the valley of rejection.
You will reside in the land of morning mists.
And you will find your home.
Though it will not be to where you left it.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Mar 16 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #35

Hardcore BUSTie

what? I am totally sad if they cancell the show bastids!!

+Quote Post
vesicapisces
post Mar 16 2007, 08:59 AM
Post #36

Hardcore BUSTie

Great. One of the few good strong female characters on TV and they're going to ruin it. Baaaaastids. mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Mar 16 2007, 08:33 AM
Post #37

Nooooooo!

It's been written in the stars for most of this season but it still saddens me. They messed up this season and they lost the show and some of the less loyal fan-base; I'm hopeful thought that a miracle comes about and the save it and recapture the spark they lost. I agree that it is one of the better TV shows still: it is intelligent and absorbing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
prophecy_grrl
post Mar 16 2007, 08:25 AM
Post #38

Hardcore BUSTie

Some bad news on the VMars front today. Personally, I haven't been crazy about season 3 overall, but it's still one of the better shows on television right now. I just hope they let the show end with its dignity intact and don't screw it up with a crappy 4th season (and inevitable cancellation).

+Quote Post
sidecar
post Mar 3 2007, 09:15 AM
Post #39

Queen of the underground

I liked this arc except for the resolution. I guessed it was Tim the TA back in the last episode of the rape arc, when the dean seemed not to recognize him when he walked in, after Tim caused that scene at the party; I thought, "Oh, I bet he's establishing his alibi."

I was thrown a bit off during this last episode when they were working together, but it seemed like they were directing it at him (this was the first time I've guessed whodunit on my own, that early, with this show).

I don't think the problem was that Veronica wasn't invested (she really liked the dean and Dr. Landry) but ... I feel like this season, we've been introduced to these great, interesting characters, just to have them removed to the shows in noninteresting ways. The dean was awesome, hilarious, and a great contrast to both of the Marses. I know Sheriff Lamb has been around for a few seasons, but he made for such a great foil. I also thought Dr. Landry was complex, kinda skeevy yet likable, and I really liked the coach's son. It seems like (outside of the coach's son) every authority figure on this show is getting killed off/removed, and I find that problematic because I liked how each of them made Veronica think about how she dealt with stuff.

While I respect that VM has no budget and that even regulars are getting short shrift in episodes as a result, I just wish they'd quit making me care about certain characters before removing them.

+Quote Post
lunasol
post Mar 2 2007, 08:29 PM
Post #40

Hardcore BUSTie

Designermedusa, the guy who plays Tim does wear a wig and - I believe - a fake beard. He actually played Lucky (the janitor at Neptune High) last season. Incidentally he was on Six Feet Under, too, as the guy who kidnapped David. He's good at playing creepy.

I am so freaking disappointed in the way they ended this arc. So lame. Was it in here where we were talking about how none of the main mysteries this season really affect Veronica? I think that's one of the reasons the show has just not had much resonance this season. At least the rape arc related to Veronica's experience in some way. But this one was just...eh. I couldn't care about it.

I have to say, though, I am enjoying the Logan-Parker subplot. There could be some juice there.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 27, 2014 - 03:27 AM