The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

38 Pages V  « < 33 34 35 36 37 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> large breast support group (cuz we actually need it!)
venetia
post Aug 19 2006, 01:32 AM
Post #681

Hardcore BUSTie

Penelopiad, I guess we're all different - I can only wear half cups, and mostly balconette. (I'm a 32DD at the moment but also wear 34D sometimes, so I don't have very big breasts but come in here for D cup tips) - fuller bras cut into my upper chest and make me look like I have 4 breasts!

Even that one in your picture would probably give me a weird look and make me itch. I found that what it is, is that I need ones that go straight across the chest rather than up diagonally. I mean, I need the underwire to come up quite high in the middle at the front. Like this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tatiana
post Aug 15 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #682

BUSTie

QUOTE(laurenann @ Aug 15 2006, 06:37 AM) *

if the straps aren't that functional, then why are the straps on bigger size bras so wide?? i won't wear tank tops because the thick straps look so frumpy.

what the customer wants, the customer gets (even when they are wrong). How many big-busted women do you know who don't have their bras adjusted so that the straps dig in? cool.gif

+Quote Post
laurenann
post Aug 15 2006, 06:20 AM
Post #683

Hardcore BUSTie

i'm on the smaller side of large, too, and i think demi-cup bras look great when that is all i am wearing! with a t-shirt you can see the jiggly half where the cup stops.

i usually wear bali full coverage cotton underwire bras, boring but the best balance i can find between comfort and appearance. i bought three of them a few months ago and they are holding up okay. i was really into the victoria's secret apex full coverage for a while but i was getting too sweaty wearing them in the summer.

if the straps aren't that functional, then why are the straps on bigger size bras so wide?? i won't wear tank tops because the thick straps look so frumpy.

+Quote Post
edna
post Aug 14 2006, 11:25 PM
Post #684

Hardcore BUSTie

penelopiad, after many try-ons of ill-fitting/unflattering demi-cup bras, I was certain that I could never wear them. My breasts are very soft and sort of floppy, so I'd end up with spill-over if I leaned forward or moved around too much even though the exact same size/brand in a full coverage style would fit perfectly.

But then I found a nice way too expensive French bra with demi cups that fits like a dream no matter what. Try'em on 'til you find one that works for you.

+Quote Post
tatiana
post Aug 14 2006, 06:25 PM
Post #685

BUSTie

Heh, I forgot to add that all of those things I said only apply if you stay within the same brand and style. As soon as you change either you have to reevaluate rolleyes.gif

Anyhoo, penelopiad, I think it depends on your shape. I always wear the same coverage of cup, because other styles, though the right size, just don't "fit". If it fits, wear it. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
penelopiad
post Aug 14 2006, 12:31 AM
Post #686

BUSTie

Oddly, the "if you size down in the band, increase the cup size" rule did not hold true for me. I went from a 36D to a 34D (in Maidenform's One Fabulous Fit bras, which are excellent and not too expensive!). I tried a 34DD and it was gaping in the cups. I have no doubt this rule is helpful in general for most people but then I am usually freakish in these kinds of matters. It probably depends on the brand, too.

What are people's thoughts on demi-cup bras for larger sizes? I suppose I am on the smaller end of large, but I'm wondering if I should be wearing fuller coverage styles for whatever reason. I often have trouble with the full coverage cups wrinkling or sagging at the top. But then I get a lot of cleavage action and a little bit of jiggle just on the top with demi-cup bras--both things I can live with, but I wanted to see if any other full-figured ladies wear them. (And just to be clear, I'm not talking about the totally non-functional Agent Provacateur-esque balconette hi-here-are-my-nipples-kind of demi-cups, just something like this.)

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Aug 13 2006, 09:45 PM
Post #687

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(tatiana @ Aug 13 2006, 05:13 PM) *

Loosen your straps, go down a band size and up a cup size (I think I need a macro for this rolleyes.gif ).

Band should be parallel to the floor on the loosest hook when you buy it. Tight enough to stay put, but loose enough that you can get a finger under the band and run it around underneath. Bands loosen overtime, so you eventually have to move to a tighter hook as the bra ages. If it rides up the band is too big. If you're at the tightest hook when you buy it, it will become too loose and start to ride up.

If you go down a band size, you automatically have to go up a cup size (it's a stupid system, but it is what it is). A 38 D is equivalent to a 40C, while a 38DD is equivalent (in cup size) to a 40D, a 38DDD is a 40DD, you see where this is going.

Your straps should be tight enough to stay on your shoulders. That's all. The support comes from the band, NOT the straps. It sounds counterintuitive, but that is how it works. The straps are for comfort, not for carrying the load. It took me a while to get used to this, but it works and I'm a similar size though smaller band/different cup size.

Underwires should lay flat against your body. That means the wires should be laying against your skin between the girls. If they aren't, then your cup size is too small.

Get fitted, you'll likely be surprised at what your real bra size is. Go to a specialty shop, the department store staff don't know what they are doing and aren't like to carry the right size in any case. cool.gif

Just wanted to second everything you said! It makes a HUGE difference once you start wearing a proper sized bra...sooo comfy. Up until about 3 or 4 years ago I was wearing a 36D, which some girl at La Senza sized me at. The first time I went to a specialty shop the ladies who were helping me actually laughed at what I was wearing...I was/am actually a 32E.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
tatiana
post Aug 13 2006, 03:56 PM
Post #688

BUSTie

QUOTE(booties @ Aug 13 2006, 02:13 PM) *

hey girls! I, too, have big batwiddicals (gravy train, anyone??) and it seems like everytime I buy a new bra, after a while it just doesn't fit right, or it rides up, or is just plain uncomfortable. like, if I buy one with underwires, after wearing it all day I'll get this mean indentation across my upper ribcage that hurts like hell, like the girls need to be supported more or something (I'm around a 40D/DD I think, but I could be wrong). or the straps dig into my shoulders, which I know isn't good. I did buy a nice comfortable bra from lane bryant without underwires (sounds crazy but it kinda works), but sometimes I feel a bit too saggy in it. so it seems like I gotta choose between comfort and appearance.

Loosen your straps, go down a band size and up a cup size (I think I need a macro for this rolleyes.gif ).

Band should be parallel to the floor on the loosest hook when you buy it. Tight enough to stay put, but loose enough that you can get a finger under the band and run it around underneath. Bands loosen overtime, so you eventually have to move to a tighter hook as the bra ages. If it rides up the band is too big. If you're at the tightest hook when you buy it, it will become too loose and start to ride up.

If you go down a band size, you automatically have to go up a cup size (it's a stupid system, but it is what it is). A 38 D is equivalent to a 40C, while a 38DD is equivalent (in cup size) to a 40D, a 38DDD is a 40DD, you see where this is going.

Your straps should be tight enough to stay on your shoulders. That's all. The support comes from the band, NOT the straps. It sounds counterintuitive, but that is how it works. The straps are for comfort, not for carrying the load. It took me a while to get used to this, but it works and I'm a similar size though smaller band/different cup size.

Underwires should lay flat against your body. That means the wires should be laying against your skin between the girls. If they aren't, then your cup size is too small.

Get fitted, you'll likely be surprised at what your real bra size is. Go to a specialty shop, the department store staff don't know what they are doing and aren't like to carry the right size in any case. cool.gif

+Quote Post
booties
post Aug 13 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #689

hey girls! I, too, have big batwiddicals (gravy train, anyone??) and it seems like everytime I buy a new bra, after a while it just doesn't fit right, or it rides up, or is just plain uncomfortable. like, if I buy one with underwires, after wearing it all day I'll get this mean indentation across my upper ribcage that hurts like hell, like the girls need to be supported more or something (I'm around a 40D/DD I think, but I could be wrong). or the straps dig into my shoulders, which I know isn't good. I did buy a nice comfortable bra from lane bryant without underwires (sounds crazy but it kinda works), but sometimes I feel a bit too saggy in it. so it seems like I gotta choose between comfort and appearance.
why do they make it so hard for us?! you know if they tried a little harder they could make awesomely comfortable bras, I mean it IS 2006 already...
and on a side note, does anyone even know if there are any sweatshop-free bras available anywhere? it seems like an urban myth to me.

+Quote Post
moonoceanflower
post Aug 7 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #690

I am so stoked to see this thread I could jump up and down an yell with supreme glee. However, the girls wouldn't like that too much. Does anyone else have lopsided boobs? You know where one is a full cup size larger than the other? Just curious.....You grrrl rule!!!!

+Quote Post
anna k
post Aug 6 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #691

Hardcore BUSTie

I got a new bra today, and got remeasured. I'm now a 36DDD.

Christ. I knew I was big, but not a triple D. I don't look huge at all. The rest of my body is a size 10, and pretty fit.

The bras for those look like granny bras. I'd hate for any guy to see that when I take my shirt off. "Ew! I used to play with those in granny's closet!"

+Quote Post
edna
post Jul 17 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #692

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm so frustrated trying to find a bra that fits and looks good. I accidentily stumbled upon a bra in my size that is really comfortable and flattering; I found it at nordstrom rack (finding bras at the Rack, ha). It cost something like $12 and is absolutely perfect.

I went online to try to find a few more just like it, and of course, it isn't being manufactured any more. There are a couple of them availabe in France and the UK, but full retail price is like $85 anyway. Add overseas shipping to that and I may as well just use the money for a breast reduction. Huh.

I've tried on all of the company's other styles at the regular Nordstrom, and none fit nicely like my perfect discontinued bra. Goddammit.

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Jul 7 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #693

Hardcore BUSTie

tatiana, thanks! i did try the dream tisha in my chichi shop yesterday. besides the DD being far too small, it's a little "too much bra" for my taste. luckily i had a larger-busted woman helping me (the women who work at this store are all tiny and make me feel self-concious as hell, my bad, i know), and interestingly enough, we both discovered that the lace wacoal minimizer offers a more generous cup than any of the other wacoal minimizers. like, substantially so. for a smoother look, i wound up with my old standby, the Wacoal Seamless Minimizer Bra, but in a 36DDD. (last july, at another local chichi lingerie shop, the woman there sold me a 38DDD, after insisting she could "tell size by looking, not measuring". if anything, i'm 5 lbs heavier now ... wtF?)

i'm feeling pretty & smoothly booblilicious today in my new brar! :-)

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
tatiana
post Jul 5 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #694

BUSTie

aquagirl2, the Enell sports bras do exactly what you are doing, they compress the tissue so it is close to your body and doesn't move. You just get to spend less money to accomplish the same thing (lucky you!).

mandolyn, they straps are mostly there for comfort (otherwise it's a strapless bra and that stresses most of us out!). The point was they aren't supposed to be, uh, carrying the load as it were.

The Dream Tisha is great (you could be freezing and it would be hard for anyone to tell, nipple-wise). The cups are molded, so you have to hand wash, which is a bit of a pain. The molded cups keep their shape whether you are in them or not, which explains how actresses on TV are always perky even when they are laying down ;-) It is very supportive and gives a nice smooth line.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jul 5 2006, 09:00 AM
Post #695

Hardcore BUSTie

some times, ya just gotta strap the big guns down to work out.

+Quote Post
aquagirl2
post Jul 4 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #696

Hardcore BUSTie

What do you think about wearing 2 cheap sports bras instead of one expensive one? I have taken to wearing 2 pull-over kind and I am immobile in them (I'm 34D). I am spoiled now and if I wear one I feel all bouncy and in pain. I love it when they're all jammed in and don't move an inch! Do you think this is bad for them? I feel like the smushiness factor must be outweighed by the not-bouncing factor (not to mention anything that helps me get to exercise, is a plus for the health of all body parts). What do you think?

+Quote Post
liberate
post Jul 4 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #697

(hi! im new-ish)

oh i have five of the same bras from target! im a 34DD and they are 10 bucks and they last just as long and fit just as well as the expensive bras. they are cute too.

+Quote Post
meetay
post Jul 4 2006, 02:38 AM
Post #698

BUSTie

I bought a bra at Target, and it fits as good as the expensive bras I was buying online. I'm totally switching to cheap bras. I don't care.

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Jul 1 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #699

Hardcore BUSTie

just curious, if the straps aren't there for support, what are they there for?

and tatiana, how's the Dream Tisha-Le Mystere bra working for you? i think i may try one. i heart my Wacoal Elegance Hidden Wire Minimizer, but it doesn't cut it for tee-shirts.

i just measured myself as per the herroom.com instructions. according to them i should be a 38C. sorry, but i just can't fathom these DD/DDD bazongas not violently spilling over any C cup!

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
tatiana
post Jul 1 2006, 01:05 PM
Post #700

BUSTie

Well, I dunno, I fit anywhere from a 36E to a 34G and thin straps are fine. They don't need to cut in to keep the girls from going all over the place except if the bra isn't offering enough support to begin with. And I don't like much mevement since it leads to sagging, so it's not like I'm letting mine bounce.

To each her own, but thick straps don't do much more than thin straps for me now that I don't tighten them too much.

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 33 34 35 36 37 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 28, 2014 - 10:24 PM