Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 50 51 52 53 54 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Dec 8 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #1021

QUOTE(neverending @ Dec 7 2008, 09:56 PM) *
Hmmm.....If he has a big penis, he may be rubbing you raw. Have you tried Fem D? I would suggest you try to replenish your flora to see if that works. Oh yeah, Docs will tell you different things. Just try to do what you think is best for yourself.

How long does it take for the Fem-Dophilus to work?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 7 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #1022

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(NervousLittleThings @ Dec 6 2008, 08:26 PM) *
hello! i've been reading this board for about 6 months now, so i decided to finally say hi. i've had b.v. for almost a year now, having gone to four different doctors in rotation. now, i'm on the 6 month metrogel treatment which isn't really doing anything. i just picked up fem d today at whole foods. i'm getting quite sick of doctors. each one told me a different thing, one told me to get my boyfriend checked and then when we went in, the nurses refused to test him because "men can't get it." however, i didn't have b.v. until about two weeks after we started having sex. i've told my main gyno about that but he sort of dismissed me. we started using condoms but that didn't really help either. anyways, most everything i've learned about b.v. i've learned from you ladies and i just wanted to say knowing other people are going through the same thing is such a big help when the depression and insecurity sets in.
thanks to all of you!

Hmmm.....If he has a big penis, he may be rubbing you raw. Have you tried Fem D? I would suggest you try to replenish your flora to see if that works. Oh yeah, Docs will tell you different things. Just try to do what you think is best for yourself.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 7 2008, 09:50 PM
Post #1023

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neptune @ Dec 8 2008, 12:02 AM) *
I'm the onion one. I have responded well to metrogel and metronidazole so far aswell, but like you find, the discharge always comes back pretty quickly.

What I can't understand is that my tests have been coming back negative for bv recently. Yet somehow I don't think an onion smelling, green, very heavy discharge complete with stinging and pain is normal. mad.gif Although if the doctors can't find anything then apparently there's nothing wrong rolleyes.gif

Have you tried other types of acidophilus/probiotics as well as the FemD? If so, did they work? I don't think I'm responding to normal acidophilus but haven't tried FemD yet as it's not available over here in the uk. If FemD is different then I'll try and get hold of some.

Hello Hun and WELCOME TO THE BOARD!

I eat a lot of onions and on everything. I even like them raw so I take Chlorophyll to help. Here is some info on this supplement:

What is Chlorophyll Good For?
Besides what is mentioned above, chlorophyll helps increase heart function, improves the vascular system, cleanses the liver of heavy metals and chemical toxins, cleanses and improves the health of the intestines, uterus, and lungs. It is also a natural breath freshener and body deodorizer.

For people who really want to cleanse their bodies of impurities, adding chlorophyll is a great way to go. From liver and colon cleanses, to blood and circulation improvement, chlorophyll in the diet will bring vast improvements. If elimination issues are plaguing you, adding chlorophyll to your diet will help solve your problem.

Hope this helps!

+Quote Post
neptune
post Dec 7 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #1024

BUSTie

QUOTE(LovelyLadyLuck @ Dec 4 2008, 01:11 AM) *
sooo sad it may be worth the try to use str8 femd and nothing else and see what it does for you. im assuming your body responds to it since you still use it. so the flagyl doesnt work for you at ALL??? interesting. i respond well to it, my bv just comes back after a while. i have a whole bottle of femd that i havent used yet, my bv is full force right now. someone said something about smelling of onions. thats exactly how my smell is. but when i take two femd's (one orally and one vaginally, it worked well for me), the smell is almost totally gone within a week. even my discharge is different. but if i dont do it for a day or two then guess what happens mad.gif . which makes me wonder if i have sooo much bad bacteria that i need to kill it off with the meds first. and since i do in fact respond well to flagyl im gonna get some at the doc next week. until then the femd will stay in the fridge. im dying to use it though. but this time im going to try to finish up the whole course of flagyl and then do the femd, since i havent given the meds a chance in a looooong time.. if that doesnt work and it comes back ill do strictly femd. if that doesnt work ill punch someone. rolleyes.gif but anyway think about giving it a try.

i do want to point out that even though my bv symptoms came back after stopping the femd, i DO think that if you continue to take it that it COULD clear up on its own.

I'm the onion one. I have responded well to metrogel and metronidazole so far aswell, but like you find, the discharge always comes back pretty quickly.

What I can't understand is that my tests have been coming back negative for bv recently. Yet somehow I don't think an onion smelling, green, very heavy discharge complete with stinging and pain is normal. mad.gif Although if the doctors can't find anything then apparently there's nothing wrong rolleyes.gif

Have you tried other types of acidophilus/probiotics as well as the FemD? If so, did they work? I don't think I'm responding to normal acidophilus but haven't tried FemD yet as it's not available over here in the uk. If FemD is different then I'll try and get hold of some.

+Quote Post
NervousLittleThi...
post Dec 6 2008, 02:26 PM
Post #1025

hello! i've been reading this board for about 6 months now, so i decided to finally say hi. i've had b.v. for almost a year now, having gone to four different doctors in rotation. now, i'm on the 6 month metrogel treatment which isn't really doing anything. i just picked up fem d today at whole foods. i'm getting quite sick of doctors. each one told me a different thing, one told me to get my boyfriend checked and then when we went in, the nurses refused to test him because "men can't get it." however, i didn't have b.v. until about two weeks after we started having sex. i've told my main gyno about that but he sort of dismissed me. we started using condoms but that didn't really help either. anyways, most everything i've learned about b.v. i've learned from you ladies and i just wanted to say knowing other people are going through the same thing is such a big help when the depression and insecurity sets in.
thanks to all of you!

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Dec 4 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #1026

Hardcore BUSTie

thanks lori and lovelyladyluck!!!

i'm not sure what approach i'm gonna go about now but i will keep everyone posted. i'm sure i'm still gonna do femd tho wink.gif thanks again ladies and good luck!!!!

+Quote Post
lori
post Dec 3 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #1027

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(LovelyLadyLuck @ Dec 3 2008, 05:11 PM) *
which makes me wonder if i have sooo much bad bacteria that i need to kill it off with the meds first. and since i do in fact respond well to flagyl im gonna get some at the doc next week. until then the femd will stay in the fridge. im dying to use it though. but this time im going to try to finish up the whole course of flagyl and then do the femd, since i havent given the meds a chance in a looooong time.. if that doesnt work and it comes back ill do strictly femd. if that doesnt work ill punch someone. rolleyes.gif but anyway think about giving it a try.

That sounds like a good plan, Lovely.

However, in my opinion, I'd say - take Fem-D NOW. Keep taking it during the flagyl, and then keep taking it after.

The flagyl may kill some of the Fem-D, but I say replenish, replenish, replenish starting now. What's the point of waiting?

QUOTE(LovelyLadyLuck @ Dec 3 2008, 05:11 PM) *
i do want to point out that even though my bv symptoms came back after stopping the femd, i DO think that if you continue to take it that it COULD clear up on its own.

I do think that it could clear up on its own - in theory, I think it's possible that you'll just have so much good bacteria that it will eventually take over the bad and beat it without the flagyl. But naturally, the flagyl should give you a head start by killing off all the bad stuff first.

In any case ... Good luck!

--------------------

+Quote Post
LovelyLadyLuck
post Dec 3 2008, 08:11 PM
Post #1028

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Dec 3 2008, 05:37 PM) *
i started using it again at the end of september. this time i'm using it with the femd. when i used it for the first time in march of this year i wasn't using it with femd because i didn't know that femd exsisted until i stumbled here. the second time using boric i used it for about 1.5-2 months straight, now i do twice a week.

sooo sad it may be worth the try to use str8 femd and nothing else and see what it does for you. im assuming your body responds to it since you still use it. so the flagyl doesnt work for you at ALL??? interesting. i respond well to it, my bv just comes back after a while. i have a whole bottle of femd that i havent used yet, my bv is full force right now. someone said something about smelling of onions. thats exactly how my smell is. but when i take two femd's (one orally and one vaginally, it worked well for me), the smell is almost totally gone within a week. even my discharge is different. but if i dont do it for a day or two then guess what happens mad.gif . which makes me wonder if i have sooo much bad bacteria that i need to kill it off with the meds first. and since i do in fact respond well to flagyl im gonna get some at the doc next week. until then the femd will stay in the fridge. im dying to use it though. but this time im going to try to finish up the whole course of flagyl and then do the femd, since i havent given the meds a chance in a looooong time.. if that doesnt work and it comes back ill do strictly femd. if that doesnt work ill punch someone. rolleyes.gif but anyway think about giving it a try.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 3 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #1029

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(catwalk @ Dec 3 2008, 05:59 PM) *
tongue.gif I figured since we are always talking about our kitties........ lol
lori and soo sad: Am I supposed to be taking the Fem-D vaginally???? I've been taking it orally! blink.gif

Update on my UTI.... I got an antibiotic called Macrobid, as you can see this drug SUCKS. I was stupid not to research it before taking it, I got SO sick! mad.gif
BUT, good thing was she gave me flagylstatin for 'just in case' my BV flares up!

LMAO@YOUR PIC! NICE smile.gif

+Quote Post
lori
post Dec 3 2008, 05:20 PM
Post #1030

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Dec 3 2008, 01:37 PM) *
i started using it again at the end of september. this time i'm using it with the femd. when i used it for the first time in march of this year i wasn't using it with femd because i didn't know that femd exsisted until i stumbled here. the second time using boric i used it for about 1.5-2 months straight, now i do twice a week.

Hmmm.

Well, like I said, I think the boric might be canceling out the fem-d, because it's a microbicide.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Dec 3 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #1031

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Dec 3 2008, 01:15 PM) *
When did you start using the boric?

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Dec 3 2008, 03:28 PM
Post #1032

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Dec 2 2008, 05:23 PM) *
Totally OT, but I am really freaked out by the pic of the cat head on a bun.

Ha! I actually think it's kinda funny.

+Quote Post
lori
post Dec 3 2008, 01:15 PM
Post #1033

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Dec 3 2008, 08:12 AM) *
yes, my boyfriend and i took it at the same time and he was neg when retested and i was pos. i don't know what to do. that flagyl didn't take care of it for me and i've taken it 2 different ocassions while on femd

When did you start using the boric?

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post Dec 3 2008, 01:13 PM
Post #1034

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(catwalk @ Dec 3 2008, 08:59 AM) *
lori and soo sad: Am I supposed to be taking the Fem-D vaginally???? I've been taking it orally! blink.gif

Oh yeah, this is the big debate.

You're supposed to take it orally. But:

- it was used vaginally in clinical trials
- one of the busties e-mailed the the doctor who created it (Gregor Reid) asking him if it can be used vaginally, and he replied yes
- Jarrow's FAQ basically said (for a while, but now it's gone) - it's up to you how you use the product

So basically, it looks like the people who made it are saying - you can use it vaginally, we just can't tell you to do that.

Personally (and this is just me) - I'm not convinced that capsule with starchy ingredients inside is a good delivery method for the vagina. I had problems with a similar product. (long story) So *I* wouldn't do it. The product is supposed to be used orally, it works that way, so that's what I stick with.

And there are some busties who did use it vaginally, and didn't like the results.

But that doesn't mean you can't. Some busties do use it vaginally, and are happy with the results.

(Sorry to hear you got sick.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
catwalk
post Dec 3 2008, 11:59 AM
Post #1035

BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Dec 2 2008, 05:23 PM) *
Totally OT, but I am really freaked out by the pic of the cat head on a bun.

Update on my UTI.... I got an antibiotic called Macrobid, as you can see this drug SUCKS. I was stupid not to research it before taking it, I got SO sick! mad.gif
BUT, good thing was she gave me flagylstatin for 'just in case' my BV flares up!

--------------------
Thanks everyone on Bust Lounge!!! Fem-D changed my life! BV be gone! Try from Iherb (cheapest) with code LAZ615 & save another $5! :D

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Dec 3 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #1036

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Dec 3 2008, 02:33 AM) *
Didn't you take flagyl? That should have taken care of it.

Your boyfriend took it, too, right?
I think it's possible. Some research says that it can. But I think it's more effective to take the flagyl first, and then replenish with Fem-D (unless you're pregnant).
Hmm. That's a little scary. smile.gif

Well, the decision is yours.

yes, my boyfriend and i took it at the same time and he was neg when retested and i was pos. i don't know what to do. that flagyl didn't take care of it for me and i've taken it 2 different ocassions while on femd

+Quote Post
lori
post Dec 3 2008, 02:33 AM
Post #1037

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Dec 2 2008, 06:20 PM) *
thanks for your reply lori. but if i cut out the boric acid, then what should i do/use to kill off the bv before replenishing with femd.

Didn't you take flagyl? That should have taken care of it.

Your boyfriend took it, too, right?

do you think that with only femd vaginally alone will be good enought to kill off the bv?

I think it's possible. Some research says that it can. But I think it's more effective to take the flagyl first, and then replenish with Fem-D (unless you're pregnant).

ps.....when i asked my dr how should i use boric acid and if there are any side effects, she said she didn't know and she would look it up on the internet....lol, i can do that too!

Hmm. That's a little scary. smile.gif

Well, the decision is yours.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tryn2benormal
post Dec 2 2008, 10:26 PM
Post #1038

Quick Update: I know someone mentioned on here after my last post about the whey...being lactose intolerant. There was another woman who tried the whey in the form of Molkosan...and she is lactose intolerant and said that it still worked for her and didn't give her any reaction. Since I am still on antibiotics...I didn't want to try this and not be able to accurately report that it worked for me. Though I must say, the anti's did Nothing for me this time and last time. However, she got the Molkosan, added a tsp. into a dropper with a bulb on it; lays down and squirts it in. She did say that there is some 'milky' smell; but not bad. She also mentioned that there might be slight irritation that night; but by the next morning everything is back to normal. Maybe someone on here would give this a try and report?

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Dec 2 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #1039

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Dec 2 2008, 06:18 PM) *
Well, knowing what we know about boric acid now, I just don't think anyone should be using it. As I said in a previous post, I think boric acid use should be limited to:

1. diagnosed with non-albicans yeast by a doctor
2. prescribed by a doctor
3. made by a pharmacist
4. used no longer than the prescribed amount of time

I don't think it should be used perpetually. It's poison.

And I said this before, but boric acid is a microbicide. So it's probably killing off the good bacteria including the fem-d bacteria. So by popping in the boric acid twice a week, you're actually making the fem-d not work well.

So my opinion is: cut it out of your treatment.

For the record, normally, I don't tell people exactly what to do. I really never tell people - "do this or that twice a day." I just present information, and I make sure that it's as accurate as possible. You make the decision.

But since you asked, my suggestion is to cut the boric acid out of your treatment. Has it been working for you? I know it controls symptoms, but has it cured you? If not, then I don't think it's worth it.

thanks for your reply lori. but if i cut out the boric acid, then what should i do/use to kill off the bv before replenishing with femd. do you think that with only femd vaginally alone will be good enought to kill off the bv? the boric acid has helped with the symptoms tremendously but i don't know if it has actually cured me because i haven't really stopped using it...kinda scared of the symptoms coming back because it was so unbearable. i'm lost.....

ps.....when i asked my dr how should i use boric acid and if there are any side effects, she said she didn't know and she would look it up on the internet....lol, i can do that too!

sooo sad

+Quote Post
lori
post Dec 2 2008, 06:18 PM
Post #1040

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Dec 2 2008, 01:49 PM) *
lori!!!

question......i know you say boric acid is not a cure and nor is tto, but what if one has went to the dr and tried everything that is know to man to try and cure this damn thing. my dr has prescribed me everything known to treat bv and it doesn't even go away. i've always taken femd with all my treatments too. right now im doing boric acid twice a week with femd orally and vaginally. i will do a boric acid one night wait 24 hrs and do femd for 2 nights and repeat, all while taking femd in am and nature's reuteri mid-day and femd in pm. any suggestions????

thanks,
sooo sad.

Well, knowing what we know about boric acid now, I just don't think anyone should be using it. As I said in a previous post, I think boric acid use should be limited to:

1. diagnosed with non-albicans yeast by a doctor
2. prescribed by a doctor
3. made by a pharmacist
4. used no longer than the prescribed amount of time

I don't think it should be used perpetually. It's poison.

And I said this before, but boric acid is a microbicide. So it's probably killing off the good bacteria including the fem-d bacteria. So by popping in the boric acid twice a week, you're actually making the fem-d not work well.

So my opinion is: cut it out of your treatment.

For the record, normally, I don't tell people exactly what to do. I really never tell people - "do this or that twice a day." I just present information, and I make sure that it's as accurate as possible. You make the decision.

But since you asked, my suggestion is to cut the boric acid out of your treatment. Has it been working for you? I know it controls symptoms, but has it cured you? If not, then I don't think it's worth it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 50 51 52 53 54 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 21, 2014 - 04:14 AM