271 Pages V  « < 126 127 128 129 130 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
CanCan
post Dec 2 2007, 12:48 AM
Post #2541

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Dec 2 2007, 12:11 AM) *
Anyone here taking Lacto. Reurti and having success with it?? Is it worth a shot??

I think the Reuteri is working really well for me. I'm even putting it in vaginally every night now in a cap (but just a tiny bit of it). Or maybe it is a combination of a few things I am doing. I would definitely try it, or take the Femdophilus. Hey, what the heck, we all had this stupid infection for so long, why not try it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Dec 2 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #2542

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 1 2007, 04:19 PM) *
Hate to be so graphic here but you ladies are the only people I can ask here....today i noticed a clear discharge. I am wondering if things are clearing up or if this is part of the BV/yeast?
I am also on Vit-B complex, folic acid and acidophoulous vitamins...could this be the cause? It is the first time I have seen heavy clear discharge and I am even more thrown off now!! unsure.gif

Have you tried the Boric Acid caps yet? Whenever I do those, put one in at night, the next morning I have a lot of clear discharge. But then it tapers off within the first hour or so. But I don't think it is anything bad.

+Quote Post
Lindsey
post Dec 2 2007, 12:31 AM
Post #2543

BUSTie

I have been free and clear from the bv for a good couple of weeks now! YEAH. Thank you all for your support and hope that everything goes well for you all. I check on here every couple days to see how everyone is doing.

--------------------
Leafy!

+Quote Post
chantelhugo
post Dec 1 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #2544

BUSTie

Anyone here taking Lacto. Reurti and having success with it?? Is it worth a shot??

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 1 2007, 03:02 PM
Post #2545

BUSTie

Hate to be so graphic here but you ladies are the only people I can ask here....today i noticed a clear discharge. I am wondering if things are clearing up or if this is part of the BV/yeast?
I am also on Vit-B complex, folic acid and acidophoulous vitamins...could this be the cause? It is the first time I have seen heavy clear discharge and I am even more thrown off now!! unsure.gif

--------------------
"Insanity is the only sane reaction to an insane society. -Thomas Szas

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Dec 1 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #2546

BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 1 2007, 11:22 AM) *
Anyways- I am going to mention to the Dr that I 'Knew' someone who had this problem and see if he will look a little closer. Sometimes they think they just 'KNOW' right away and I don't think they really search...

Thanks again...I will let you know how it goes on Monday

I'll say a prayer that things go well for you Monday, OK? I'd give you my gyno's name & phone number so your doc could talk to him, but unfortunately he killed himself last summer! He was such a help to so many women...we really lost a great physician!
Maggie

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 1 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #2547

Hardcore BUSTie

If you are alergic to any type of sulfer, ie. anti biotics called Bactrim, DO NOT USE BORIC ACID. Boric Acid has Sulfer in it, which I'm highly alergic. Developed a rash on my arms, forehead and face.

Well, I told you all that I got the Flagyl in the mail and was worried. Well, it worked. I only used it one night, vaginally, and had sex two nights later. ZERO SMELL.

I don't know why this works so well for me, but, I'm going to keep it going!

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 1 2007, 09:05 AM
Post #2548

BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Nov 30 2007, 11:56 PM) *
I had a super gyn who agreed that some forms of yeast are very difficult to detect ...the BV creams(antibiotics) just cause MORE yeast to grow, so he agreed that boric acid would be worth a try. What he did was to actually prescribe capsules to be made up at a local compounding pharmacy. But if you don't have one in your area (or prefer the ordering online method) most any source will do, including making up your own capsules. The compounding pharmacy in my area, who filled the prescription, made the capsules up with a "filler" of powdered acidophilus (probiotic/good bacteria). The idea was that since boric acid will kill off some of the good vaginal flora/bacteria, it could be partially replenished by the filler acidophilus. I recommend taking (orally) Femdophilus probiotic (buy online) along with using the boric acid vaginally. (Dr. Gregor Reed, the patent-holder on the strains of lactobacilli in the Femdophilus has proven those strains' effectiveness at colonizing the vagina.)

Wear a panty liner while using the boric acid--it leaks out. Also, if your outer labia tissues are irritated & sore, the leaking boric acid may aggravate that while it's healing the infections. I used a thin layer of vaseline on the outer parts (only) to protect them from the acid. But surprisingly, it doesn't make the burning in the vagina worse--it actually seems almost soothing.
If this seems to help you, ask me for advice on how to maintain the results so the infections don't come back. It's been 18 months since mine went away!
Hugs,
Maggie

Maggie...thanks for giving me hope. I have become seriously down over all this. I am going to talk to the Dr on Monday about the diff strains of yeast....explain to him that I have been treated for whatever the usual strain is (monistat and diflucan- two rounds of both) and Clindesse for BV. Maybe if he understands the typical treatments haven't worked- he will be open to the idea of the boric acid. All I can do is hope at this point.
The outer area is very irritated so I will def try the vaseline to coat it. Seems any cream they give burns on the outside and that makes detecting progress next to impossible...
Anyways- I am going to mention to the Dr that I 'Knew' someone who had this problem and see if he will look a little closer. Sometimes they think they just 'KNOW' right away and I don't think they really search...

Thanks again...I will let you know how it goes on Monday

--------------------

+Quote Post
.eilleen.
post Dec 1 2007, 12:53 AM
Post #2549

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Nov 30 2007, 06:30 PM) *
Please use tact and empathy. Put yourself in her situation and imagine if someone went in a bathroom after you and "almost died in there" how you would want them to break the news to you. Be sensitive to her feelings because if she does indeed have BV then she is probably already an emotional wreck right now and the last thing she needs is a someone telling her in a rude way that her girly bits reek.

Of course I will be tactful. I just don't know how to bring it up to her. She is even more sensitive now because of her hormone flux (she's pregnant).

Yea, I probably came off like a little 16 y.o. airhead in my initial post, but I was a ball of emotion dealing with other things.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Nov 30 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #2550

BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Nov 30 2007, 11:28 PM) *
I have a dr appt on monday. anything i should suggest based on what you had? I mean...they have ruled out everything else but they keep saying BV and treating with Clindesse which only helps for a few days.... dry.gif This is a new Dr though so fingers crossed.
DId they give you anything or was it just the boric acid that helped??

thanks again maggie

I had a super gyn who agreed that some forms of yeast are very difficult to detect ...the BV creams(antibiotics) just cause MORE yeast to grow, so he agreed that boric acid would be worth a try. What he did was to actually prescribe capsules to be made up at a local compounding pharmacy. But if you don't have one in your area (or prefer the ordering online method) most any source will do, including making up your own capsules. The compounding pharmacy in my area, who filled the prescription, made the capsules up with a "filler" of powdered acidophilus (probiotic/good bacteria). The idea was that since boric acid will kill off some of the good vaginal flora/bacteria, it could be partially replenished by the filler acidophilus. I recommend taking (orally) Femdophilus probiotic (buy online) along with using the boric acid vaginally. (Dr. Gregor Reed, the patent-holder on the strains of lactobacilli in the Femdophilus has proven those strains' effectiveness at colonizing the vagina.)

Wear a panty liner while using the boric acid--it leaks out. Also, if your outer labia tissues are irritated & sore, the leaking boric acid may aggravate that while it's healing the infections. I used a thin layer of vaseline on the outer parts (only) to protect them from the acid. But surprisingly, it doesn't make the burning in the vagina worse--it actually seems almost soothing.
If this seems to help you, ask me for advice on how to maintain the results so the infections don't come back. It's been 18 months since mine went away!
Hugs,
Maggie

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Nov 30 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #2551

BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Nov 30 2007, 09:41 PM) *
I was diagnosed with BV, no smell---but eventually very bad burning occurred---I couldn't wear underwear, etc. As it turns out, in addition to BV, I also had a yeast infection that was undetected in the wet-prep slides my gyno took. It wasn't a "typical" form of yeast, either, so Diflucan & the prescription anti-yeast creams didn't touch it. It wasn't until I used boric acid-in-capsules inserted vaginally every night for 14 days that things (both the BV and the yeast) began to clear up.
I, too, thought I had all kinds of weird things, but it was just a non-Albicans strain of Candida.

Best wishes,
Maggie

Hi Maggie...thanks so much. I feel less alone because of your answer. I read how everyone has this odor and I think wtf is it I have (sorry- language). I have so much discomfort. Underwear hurt. Jeans- forget it! The only thing possible is skirts and baggy PJ pants which I live in these days.
I bought the boric acid suppositories today, waiting for them to deliver it...have a dr appt on monday. anything i should suggest based on what you had? I mean...they have ruled out everything else but they keep saying BV and treating with Clindesse which only helps for a few days.... dry.gif This is a new Dr though so fingers crossed.
DId they give you anything or was it just the boric acid that helped??

thanks again maggie

--------------------

+Quote Post
neverending
post Nov 30 2007, 08:54 PM
Post #2552

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(TOOMUCH21 @ Nov 30 2007, 06:08 PM) *
HI NEVERENDING I HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR EVERY STD AND THERES NOTHING MY PAPS ARE ALWAYS NORMAL AND THE SMELL IS NOT BAD LIKE IT USED TO BE IT SEEMS TO ONLY COME WHEN MY CYCLE IS HERE AND LIKE MAYBE 2 DAYS AFTER ITS GONE I JUST WANT TO GET RID OF THE FISHY SMELL THT ONLY ME AND MY DUDE SMELL WHEN WERE HAVING SEX I AM 21 AND I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM THE REPHESH SEEMS TO BE WORKING DOES THE BORIC ACID MAKE YOUR VAGINA DRY CUS IF IT DOES I DEFINETLY DONT WANT TO TRY THT MAYBE I SHOULD JUST ASK MY DOC FOR THE METROGEL

The boric isn't that bad but be careful of allergic reactions.
/

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Nov 30 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #2553

BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Nov 30 2007, 08:30 PM) *
God I am depressed over this. Everytime I think there might be some light at the end of the tunnel my symptoms come back. I see a new GYN on Monday. I am hoping for a miracle.
Ladies...a few Questions...
1.) am I the only one that has been diagnosed as having BV but has more discomfort than foul odor? I dont know if its the meds or what but I dont SMELL as bad as I feel...alot of irritation and sensitivity.
2.) They did a STD test but I am still worried there is something else going on because I cant kick this infection....I

UGH. sad.gif

I was diagnosed with BV, no smell---but eventually very bad burning occurred---I couldn't wear underwear, etc. As it turns out, in addition to BV, I also had a yeast infection that was undetected in the wet-prep slides my gyno took. It wasn't a "typical" form of yeast, either, so Diflucan & the prescription anti-yeast creams didn't touch it. It wasn't until I used boric acid-in-capsules inserted vaginally every night for 14 days that things (both the BV and the yeast) began to clear up.
I, too, thought I had all kinds of weird things, but it was just a non-Albicans strain of Candida.

Best wishes,
Maggie

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Nov 30 2007, 06:13 PM
Post #2554

BUSTie

God I am depressed over this. Everytime I think there might be some light at the end of the tunnel my symptoms come back. I see a new GYN on Monday. I am hoping for a miracle.
Ladies...a few Questions...
1.) am I the only one that has been diagnosed as having BV but has more discomfort than foul odor? I dont know if its the meds or what but I dont SMELL as bad as I feel...alot of irritation and sensitivity.
2.) They did a STD test but I am still worried there is something else going on because I cant kick this infection....I know they tested for Gonnoreah and Chlamydia...but can I have herpes and not have sores? I mean...they would have seen that by now right? I have no visible sores on the outside at all.

SO depressed over this. I swear it is all-consuming. I am angry and sad and losing all hope here. I have never had an infection like this. I went on antibiotics in October for strep throat and havent been the same since sad.gif

UGH. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jularee
post Nov 30 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #2555

BUSTie

QUOTE(.eilleen. @ Nov 30 2007, 03:48 AM) *
How do I tell my friend that she reeks?!? The other day I went into the bathroom after she was done, and I almost died in there. Maybe it's a combination b.v. and sweat? I don't know, and I don't know how her man goes to town on her. He probably doesn't know better or is too nice to say anything.

Please use tact and empathy. Put yourself in her situation and imagine if someone went in a bathroom after you and "almost died in there" how you would want them to break the news to you. Be sensitive to her feelings because if she does indeed have BV then she is probably already an emotional wreck right now and the last thing she needs is a someone telling her in a rude way that her girly bits reek.

+Quote Post
TOOMUCH21
post Nov 30 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #2556

HI NEVERENDING I HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR EVERY STD AND THERES NOTHING MY PAPS ARE ALWAYS NORMAL AND THE SMELL IS NOT BAD LIKE IT USED TO BE IT SEEMS TO ONLY COME WHEN MY CYCLE IS HERE AND LIKE MAYBE 2 DAYS AFTER ITS GONE I JUST WANT TO GET RID OF THE FISHY SMELL THT ONLY ME AND MY DUDE SMELL WHEN WERE HAVING SEX I AM 21 AND I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM THE REPHESH SEEMS TO BE WORKING DOES THE BORIC ACID MAKE YOUR VAGINA DRY CUS IF IT DOES I DEFINETLY DONT WANT TO TRY THT MAYBE I SHOULD JUST ASK MY DOC FOR THE METROGEL
QUOTE(neverending @ Nov 29 2007, 03:57 PM) *
anitsirhc:

Is your discharge green? Did she mention anything about a strawberry looking cervix? Did she send anything to the lab or did she just off the top of her head say "Ah, I think you have trich"? I swear doctor's make me sick! Trich is something that's very noticable under a microscope. It's a parasite that moves around by it's flagella. You can't miss it. I should know! I loved when we got swabs in like this because I loved to watch them swim around under the microscope. It's very interesting.

Here is a link at youtube so you can see what they look like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RKDBd8Dpp0
Now, you tell me if that's not noticable.

Jewels & CanCan: Thanx for the support!
Konphusion26: Honey, I thought it would never end. That's why I named myself neverending.
TOOMUCH21: I love sex also. Funny thing, I think everyone here loves sex too. We had a guy Jason34 or Jason44 come here and he said his wife had bv and she loved sex also. Funny! To keep the smell away try Boric acid. When did this problem start for you? What kind of BC are you on? Have you been tested for all stds? Are your paps normal? Sorry so many questions.
fbgirl987: Do not wear anything tight and stay away from thongs.

+Quote Post
.eilleen.
post Nov 30 2007, 01:31 AM
Post #2557

Hardcore BUSTie

How do I tell my friend that she reeks?!? The other day I went into the bathroom after she was done, and I almost died in there. Maybe it's a combination b.v. and sweat? I don't know, and I don't know how her man goes to town on her. He probably doesn't know better or is too nice to say anything.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Nov 29 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #2558

Hardcore BUSTie

Just went out today and bought some Rephresh. It didnt work for me last time, but i'm desperate. LOL Fingers and toes crossed!!!

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Nov 29 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #2559

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(alh1978 @ Nov 30 2007, 03:09 AM) *
Hi everyone! new here, found this topic in a search. My issue is i'm in my third trimester of pregnancy. My doc prescribed me the metrodazinole vaginal gel. After reading some stuff about taking it during pregnancy I got scared and have not used it. Now I am 2 weeks from my due date and the smell is horrific, I am going to be sooooo embarrased to deliver the baby with this foul odor in everyones nose length!!

Has ANYONE used this vaginal gel so close to term without problems?? I am just scared to be "shooting" this medication directly towards the babys head!! But i've got to do something about this odor...

Uhm, why don't you try something less harsh like Rephresh. That should help!

+Quote Post
alh1978
post Nov 29 2007, 07:52 PM
Post #2560

Hi everyone! new here, found this topic in a search. My issue is i'm in my third trimester of pregnancy. My doc prescribed me the metrodazinole vaginal gel. After reading some stuff about taking it during pregnancy I got scared and have not used it. Now I am 2 weeks from my due date and the smell is horrific, I am going to be sooooo embarrased to deliver the baby with this foul odor in everyones nose length!!

Has ANYONE used this vaginal gel so close to term without problems?? I am just scared to be "shooting" this medication directly towards the babys head!! But i've got to do something about this odor...

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 126 127 128 129 130 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 22, 2014 - 12:07 AM