The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What bands are you currently listening to? What excites you?
auralpoison
post Aug 2 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #21

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(vibrator @ Aug 2 2010, 06:34 PM) *
The rolling stones continue to put on a good show. Lots of new bands out there like strife and hero. Just don't know if they have any staying power. I guess the old classics are the best.

Vibrator, you're like, a middle aged Latvian dude or something, right? So freakin' random you are (while selling your sex toys)! And your syntax is . . . off.

The Stones haven't toured in, what? Like, three years? That tour made an insane amount of money. Guinness Book money, $437 million. Keepin' Keith alive can't be cheap!

I looked up Strife, they seem to be some kinda SoCal hardcore band that's been knocking around since '94 or so. The only Hero I found was rap & some weird-ass pop music from '77.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vibrator
post Aug 2 2010, 05:34 PM
Post #22

BUSTie

The rolling stones continue to put on a good show. Lots of new bands out there like strife and hero. Just don't know if they have any staying power. I guess the old classics are the best.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pants
post Jul 23 2010, 02:45 AM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

Aural, I saw The Books almost by accident at the end of May and holy crap were they good. We've got one of their albums at home and I like it a lot (can't remember the name, not the new one though) that said, their live show is a thing of beauty that the albums can't really live up to.

I sometimes get grumpy with the whole multimedia performance art hoity toity-ness that some bands wheel out, but with The Books it's totally worth it even if it does mean the albums are kind of a let down after a live show (but a let down that is still better than lots of other bands out there at their best).

--------------------
I am not a reliable narrator
This is a place where I talk about other stuff, and try to make it interesting.

+Quote Post
bob4both
post Jul 22 2010, 12:58 PM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

I was surfing youtube and watched the video(s) for 'Bring me to life" by Evanescense. It could have been the beers or we're I've been in my life lately, but I was like, WOW... I was totally moved! Now I'm obsessed with the band, the symbol, Amy Lee, etc...

--------------------
"Earth: The insane asylum for the universe..."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 20 2010, 09:27 PM
Post #25

Big Fat Bitch

The Books, Francis & the Lights, Mulatu Astatke, Best Coast, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Pomplamoose, Sleigh Bells, Kurt Vile, Maximum Balloon, Paloma Faith, etc.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Jul 8 2010, 02:17 AM
Post #26

Hardcore BUSTie

Ever since I watched Velvet Goldmine last week I have not been able to stop listening to the Stooges and David Bowie. Little Doll is my fave of the week.

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Jun 15 2010, 02:29 PM
Post #27

it's cards on the table time

Earl Greyhound may be my sound of the summer...

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 15 2010, 12:35 PM
Post #28

Big Fat Bitch

Do you like the Evelyn Evelyn, Roxie? I'm still not quite sure where I stand on it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoxieRage
post Jun 15 2010, 11:20 AM
Post #29

BUSTie

Amanda Palmer, whether it's her solo stuff or her stuff in the Dresden Dolls, it's always so good. And Robyn. And also I Blame Coco, who did a song with Robyn called "Caesar" which is AMAZING.

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post May 27 2010, 02:36 PM
Post #30

Hardcore BUSTie

Sera Cahoone. Vaguely Cat Power-esque alt-country, sweet and downbeat.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Apr 20 2010, 05:17 AM
Post #31

Hardcore BUSTie

thanks, AP, no i didn't see that. the heavy are the coolness and i don't see one guy on that stage that isn't sexxxy (go away, paul schaffer). ps i feel it necessary to say that i liked this before the car commercial......

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Apr 19 2010, 11:11 PM
Post #32

Hardcore BUSTie

A friend just introduced me to The XX. This is exactly what I need right now. Check this song.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 10 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #33

Big Fat Bitch

Did you happen to catch them on Letterman back in January, Nickclick? The night they performed Dave did something unprecedented, he actually asked for an encore.

The horn section is from the Dap Kings & their new record is a solid slab as per usual.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Apr 10 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #34

Hardcore BUSTie

Dum Dum Girls! and The Heavy

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 7 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #35

Big Fat Bitch

Mississippi Witch, Dum Dum Girls, Harlem, Sharon Jones, Aloe Blacc, & Jónsi.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gradient
post Apr 1 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #36

I love Bauhaus. I started working on an electro cover of "Hollow Hills" and gave up in utter despair of making anything nearly as creepy and awesome.

Last night I saw Dark Dark Dark perform and it was phenomenal. I don't think the youtube coverage does them justice, but here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSONOy7y7Fc
Also, Beach House: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHbtR8uO81M

Been listening to a lot of sludgy '90s metal lately. yumm.

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Mar 30 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

Currently damaging my eardrums with Bauhaus. I'm in love.

--------------------

+Quote Post
toasterbottom
post Mar 24 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #38

BUSTie

Iron and Wine, Neutral Milk Hotel, and Elliott Smith... lately as in for the past two years or so. I like the new She and Him album, too. In the Sun is a cute video.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 24 2010, 10:44 AM
Post #39

Big Fat Bitch

Why thank you, Anna. You're no musical slouch yourself! You turned me on to . . .

Syb, have you heard Marina & the Diamonds? It's not Goldfrapp-y, but it's quite good. They keep pushing back the US release of the new disc, I am champing at the bit.

Cheap Trick is pure genius except for anything produced after 1979. I just don't like that stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Mar 24 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #40

it's cards on the table time

I love Surrender.

I really like Goldfrapp's new single, even though it's entirely airlifted from the synthtastic 80s.

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 19, 2014 - 08:04 PM