Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 261 262 263 264 265 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
neverending
post May 29 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #5241

Hardcore BUSTie

jewelscando:LOL! Girl you are too funny.The more my kitty gets back to normal I say "I remember that smell" It's been a long time but i'm glad to finally be able to smell like I used to.My hubby went down (first in a long time)and said "you smell good down there" I almost cried but what a dork I would be if I cried during sex.It's a shame we have to look for our own cure!What are doctors for again?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 28 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #5242

Hardcore BUSTie

No, can't find the Chlorella anywhere here, so I guess I will have to order it online. I did find Apple Cider Vinagar tablets today in the weight loss section at Walgreens. I bought those, thought it couldn't hurt. Can't handle the taste of the liquid. So, I'm using the vitamin C at night before I go to bed and there's no burning when I do it like that. If I use it and I'm walking around, it comes back out in the discharge and I think that's what was burning. So, smell seems to be gone, but who the hell knows anymore. I don't even remember what it's suppossed to smell like.

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 28 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #5243

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, I'm back to my balancing act again!I hope everything works out this time.
jewelscando:I'm sorry that the vitamin C did'nt work for you. I think this method worked for me until my period came on.Now I have to start all over again.Have you tried Chlorella or wheatgrass?

+Quote Post
shorty
post May 27 2006, 04:24 AM
Post #5244

hi there i suffered from Bv for most of past 3 years am now bv free, i put this down to two acidophilus pill taken orally every day, fpr about 6 months now am bv free also dont take pills daily just every once in a while.
Am interested in the jamu sticks other claims ie tightening of vaginal muscles, have any jamu stick users noticed this ? please halla at me if you have as have just had baby no. 5 and would like to use jamu if it does what it says.

Also found something called manzani (prob spelt wrong, also known as oak gall) sposed to be great for bv and tightening, made from a tree that has been infested by wasps YUK but hey desperate times call for desperate measures. So if any one can help me with any of my questions based on personal experience it would be greatly appreciated. Shorty :-)

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 26 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #5245

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, just an fyi. The vitamin C thing was the absolute worst for me. My B.V. is back so bad, to the point of being able to smell fish when I go pee. And even though I've had b.v. for a long time, it's been a LONG time since that has happened. So, please, be carefull with the vitamin C because it made me bleed, and I've had a hysterectomy. I'm still waiting on the Flagy to come in. I'm headed to Vegas next weekend, so if it doesn't come in by tomorrow, I will wait to take it when I get back. (I need to get drunk!!) hahaha. Anyways, I will check out the website you talked about yvonne, but, please be carefull. It burns bad.

+Quote Post
yvonne
post May 26 2006, 03:41 AM
Post #5246

Newbie here, just found this message board about an hour ago. I've only been searching the net a couple of days about BV. I did a round of Flagyl prescribed by my gyno last week. I still have the discharge, but not the smell, and don't want it to come back. I didn't go back to my gyno..what's he gonna do? Prescribe more flagyl probably. So I researched on the internet. I think the first thing I'm going to try is the vitamin C. I saw that study that someone linked to earlier on this thread. I was thinking about using the tablets, but after reading jewel's experience, I'm wary of using it. BUT.. I came across a vaginal form of vitamin C! Shock! (I'm not a spammer, promise. I don't even know how to spam) It's made by the Today company, you know the folks that made that sponge? Apparently they make a lot of stuff. I found the Vaginal vitamin C at feelbest.com. I don't know how to link to it here. I'm thinking of trying it...From what I've read on the 'net the past couple of days, I didn't think there was such a thing.

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 25 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #5247

Hardcore BUSTie

I went to the health food store and I bought the PH Test strips to test to see if my body was more acidic or alkaline.I found out I was a 5.0 which is really bad.So,I bought some Chlorella and I think I'm going back today to get the Spirulina and I will let you all know how that goes.Here's a little reading on it that I got from a website:
CHLORELLA:
This is something you will notice about Chlorella soon after first taking it. Chlorella reproduces at an incredible rate, quadrupling every 48 hours. When eaten, Chlorella causes the beneficial bacteria in our stomach (Lactobacillus) to multiply at four times the normal rate. This improves digestion and thus the body's ability to take in nutrients greatly. Proper digestion, augmented with the necessary enzymes, is one of the keys to great health.

Spirulina:
It is the richest source of natural antioxidants of any whole-food source. It contains every natural known antioxidant including zinc, manganese, selenium and copper, the amino acid methionine, vitamin E, vitamins B-1 and B-6, the amino acid methionine and of course, beta-carotene. It is rich in chlorophyll, much richer than wheat grass and alfalfa.

http://www.watershed.net/preventative_health.htm

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post May 24 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #5248

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow...Now we got some spammer bitch comin on here to take our hard earned $$, huh?

Yeah.

Anyway, I did fall for the Jamu thing, myself. I will use it (IF I EVER GET THE DAMNED THING!) and let Y'all know how it does for me.

Right now I'm still doing the daily thing with the STRONG apple cider vinegar.

*goes off to cuss next to mailbox while tapping foot on ground*

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 24 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #5249

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, I'm not selling anything. But if you got it to buy?? Let me know, because most of us on here like someone said, would try just about anything. We all know who the serious sufferers are, and we will continue to stick together!! Still bleeding. Guess it's time to head to the doctor. Now the smell is no longer Fish, it smells like throw up, or sour ass. So, I don't know what is worse, fish or this???

+Quote Post
thaid
post May 24 2006, 05:33 PM
Post #5250

BUSTie

neverending: I'm sorry you are back to square one. I really sometimes wish I was a guy so I didn't have to deal with all this crap. (but they have their own problems). I really have no idea how long I've had BV. Only been diagnosed for the last year. Had BV, treated it, treatment cause a yeastie, then a UTI. Been bouncing back and forth between the three. Finally got so feed up that I stopped doing anything at all. (which probably doesn't help either.) The Vitamin C thing is the first I've tried in a while. The OTC meds only seem to make things worse and I really try to avoid taking anything chemical if at all possible. Good luck with Round 2 (or so)!

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 24 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #5251

Hardcore BUSTie

thaid:I'm glad it worked for you too.I got everything balanced out(no yeast/no B.V.)then my period came on :-(.Now I have to start all over again.It never ends!I think the vitamin C really works but it is so harsh and I wonder if it could cause damage?I guess we will find out one day.Anyway welcome to the board! :-)
How long have you had B.V.?

+Quote Post
thaid
post May 24 2006, 04:04 PM
Post #5252

BUSTie

By the by, don't worry, I promise I'm not a crazy spammer!

+Quote Post
thaid
post May 24 2006, 03:57 PM
Post #5253

BUSTie

Hey ladies! Been a long time lurker and though I'd finally join in! (don't worry, just intro-ed myself on the newbie thread). Just wanted to say, took the advice on the vitamin C. I'm very prone to yeast infections (and I guess everything else that can go wrong down there), so I only did it one night. And it worked! No more smelly! Yay! I used the time release ones with rose hips... don't know it that made a diff for the good or bad... Believe me, I've had painful sex since from whenever I can remember, and i've only begun to take it seriously for the last year or so. Doctors have been absolutely no help whatsoever. Give me all this BS about how I must have abuse issues with sex or some such nonsense (I don't thank you very much). But this vitamin thing seems to have helped for now. Only wish I could try out the sex part. Single sucks...
Just wanted to say thanks ladies :-).

+Quote Post
mela
post May 24 2006, 02:54 PM
Post #5254

BUSTie

I'm lost here. So the Jamu stick doesn't work? Someone just found this site and knew we were all desperate? That's so wrong. Enzara is a piece of garbage so shall I not waste $$ on the jamu stick which was my next attempt?

I haven't had sex in almost two weeks and I don't really notice a smell since I took the flaygl my doctor gave me and my bf. I have been taking some vitamins however wanted to purchase the jamu stick as a backup should this awful thing return. Can someone tell me if I would be wasting my time?

Thanks girls.

Mela

+Quote Post
honey
post May 24 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #5255

BUSTie

thank's pepper

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post May 24 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #5256

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

maddy..ebay wouldn't care as long as they make thier dime!They can't even control thier own site, much less anyone elses.

These two realy are low and atcky. I thought they were regular busties that didn't have a clue yet that what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for others. And I'm sorry, soap that makes you tighter? C'mon.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 24 2006, 11:45 AM
Post #5257

honey, did you know that your email is visible in your profile. just thought i'd let you know in case you wanted to change it.

+Quote Post
honey
post May 24 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #5258

BUSTie

turnip also has a web site about bv and telling everyone to buy the jamu stick who have b.v.I do not like how she came on here to make MONEY.

+Quote Post
maddy29
post May 24 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #5259

Hardcore BUSTie

I was wondering about that, because turnip registered only two days after joylove, so i figured joylove had created another identity to convince people the jamu stick is great. And, maybe it is, but that is f'd up that they'd come here trying to sell it. I wonder what ebay would think of that....

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 24 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #5260

Hardcore BUSTie

I can't say how angry I am right now.I have had to struggle with this for 4yrs. and for someone to come on here and mock us just so they can sell a product!GRRRR!I hate when people try to take advantage of Vulnerable situations.If someone told me battery acid could cure this for the rest of my life;I would do it!So this makes me much more cautious.
GOOD WORK SASSY!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 261 262 263 264 265 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 22, 2014 - 03:05 PM