> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
neverending
post Aug 27 2009, 11:30 PM
Post #661

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(martoocha @ Aug 21 2009, 07:18 PM) *

Hello BV thread!
Hello virgin4life!
I have recently tried rephresh (gel) since I thought I had a BV, and I thought it worked great, however ultimately it didn't get rid of the foul 'fishy'odor 100%. It was better though than before I used the gel. It was very easy to apply (or insert) and everything on the 'FAQs' page on the website is true. I had very little discharge and applied the gel at several different times in a day (once at night, once right before hitting the shower). But after using rephresh twice (4 applications each time) + getting several pap tests done and going to 2 ob/gyn's to get looked at, I still had no real answer as to why I had this now slight odor that really only comes out after sex. According to the last ob/gyn I saw, I do not have BV. He did bring up the fact that like everything in our lives that affects us, physically & emotionally, sometimes it can affect the bacteria levels (good + bad) in us and perhaps the recent weight gain I've had could be the reason why? Has anyone else been told the the same or along the lines of what my ob/gyn said to me recently?

I would highly recommend rephresh though. I encountered no side effects and had a good experience with it. If you do some research on it, you'll find out it actually started out as a lube for women and then come to find out it helped balance out the ph balance in women. Interesting!

The one piece of advice my ob/gyn suggested was boric acid capsules, which I already use and make on my own. He said its very safe and he'd have no problem whatsoever if I used the capsules every day! I did read someone's post saying that the boric acid caps didn't work for t hem, and I agree, its perhaps not the 'cure-all' for everyone. Trust me, I wish I could find a cure-all for us all!

Right now, I've decided to use the boric acid capsules and more specifically around the time of my period, since I've noticed this is when the foul odor comes out even more so.

Good luck ladies and keep up the good work in sharing your experiences with this.

take care,
martoocha

I've tried represh before. I guess it works for some people but me, nope! After I used that stuff it looked like small pieces of clumped up toilet paper came out of my vagina. It was gross! I was soooooooo glad when when the product wore itself out. It took three or four days though. YUCK!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 27 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #662

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Susie skinky pants @ Aug 23 2009, 11:25 PM) *
BV for over 10 years... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ok..what I cant undersand is..the foul smelling discharge..when I am at work it is so bad that the whole front office smells this everday..I am so scared I going to get fired..I have tried everthing..you name itI tried it...But why is it so foul..sometimes fishy but foul..and the worse thing is everyone know its you..man sometimes I wish I could just kill myself..its that bad..and the doctors..no help..and the meds.. do not work anymore..oh does anyone else have that problem..I tell the doctor that the meds dont work anymore and they look at you like something wrong with you..I really starting to think there right..I just want to live a normal life..that all..Help anyone!!

I think what is best is that you tell EVERYONE about your vagina health problem. Once everyone knew that the odor I had was not because I didn't bathe then, but because I had and still occasionally have vagina problems. Once you let people know upfront they seem to understand a lot more. You did not wake up one morning and say hmmmmm.....I think I would like to have custard, that smells like rotten ass and fish, in my cooch everyday for years. I was on every antibiotic you could think of and I tried herbal rememdies as well. I got to the point where I had to tell people that I had/have vagina issues because everyone knew that something was wrong and most people knew that I had to have been taking showers because I would go into work smelling good but leave "fishy". Sucks but it's the truth! It's best to try to stay positive and try to be optimistic because being depressed will lower your immune system and make things MUCH worse as far as discharge and smell. Try yoga and some meditation and try not to think about your cooch for a while. I know it's hard but it's what's best for you. STRESS IS NOTHING TO PLAY WITH. If you are stressed out a lot that may be the reason why you have vagina issues. Also, try oatstraw tea. That should help!

+Quote Post
sea star
post Aug 24 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #663

BUSTie

' Susie skinky pants' what have you used in the past 10 years,wich antibiotics and natural treatments?

QUOTE(sea star @ Aug 24 2009, 10:19 AM) *
Hi ' Susie skinky pants'

Did you tryed the Pau 'D Arco tablets.A lot of women tryed the Pau 'D Arco tablets and they say that they have less discharge and no smell.I haven't tryed them yet.I have BV with odor for almost 10 years too.I smelled bad in high school and at work too,I know how you fell.

Also I want to ask the moderator something,why is it that I can replay to a message but I can't start a new message.

sea star

+Quote Post
sea star
post Aug 23 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #664

BUSTie

Hi ' Susie skinky pants'

Did you tryed the Pau 'D Arco tablets.A lot of women tryed the Pau 'D Arco tablets and they say that they have less discharge and no smell.I haven't tryed them yet.I have BV with odor for almost 10 years too.I smelled bad in high school and at work too,I know how you fell.

Also I want to ask the moderator something,why is it that I can replay to a message but I can't start a new message.

sea star

QUOTE(Susie skinky pants @ Aug 24 2009, 07:55 AM) *
BV for over 10 years... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ok..what I cant undersand is..the foul smelling discharge..when I am at work it is so bad that the whole front office smells this everday..I am so scared I going to get fired..I have tried everthing..you name itI tried it...But why is it so foul..sometimes fishy but foul..and the worse thing is everyone know its you..man sometimes I wish I could just kill myself..its that bad..and the doctors..no help..and the meds.. do not work anymore..oh does anyone else have that problem..I tell the doctor that the meds dont work anymore and they look at you like something wrong with you..I really starting to think there right..I just want to live a normal life..that all..Help anyone!!

+Quote Post
Susie skinky pan...
post Aug 23 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #665

+Quote Post
martoocha
post Aug 21 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #666

BUSTie

QUOTE(virgin4life @ Aug 15 2009, 10:22 AM) *
Has anyone tried the rephresh pro-b??

I no all other rephresh products are a no-no but i haven't heard of anyone trying this yet!

Thanks everyone!

Hello BV thread!
Hello virgin4life!
I have recently tried rephresh (gel) since I thought I had a BV, and I thought it worked great, however ultimately it didn't get rid of the foul 'fishy'odor 100%. It was better though than before I used the gel. It was very easy to apply (or insert) and everything on the 'FAQs' page on the website is true. I had very little discharge and applied the gel at several different times in a day (once at night, once right before hitting the shower). But after using rephresh twice (4 applications each time) + getting several pap tests done and going to 2 ob/gyn's to get looked at, I still had no real answer as to why I had this now slight odor that really only comes out after sex. According to the last ob/gyn I saw, I do not have BV. He did bring up the fact that like everything in our lives that affects us, physically & emotionally, sometimes it can affect the bacteria levels (good + bad) in us and perhaps the recent weight gain I've had could be the reason why? Has anyone else been told the the same or along the lines of what my ob/gyn said to me recently?

I would highly recommend rephresh though. I encountered no side effects and had a good experience with it. If you do some research on it, you'll find out it actually started out as a lube for women and then come to find out it helped balance out the ph balance in women. Interesting!

The one piece of advice my ob/gyn suggested was boric acid capsules, which I already use and make on my own. He said its very safe and he'd have no problem whatsoever if I used the capsules every day! I did read someone's post saying that the boric acid caps didn't work for t hem, and I agree, its perhaps not the 'cure-all' for everyone. Trust me, I wish I could find a cure-all for us all!

Right now, I've decided to use the boric acid capsules and more specifically around the time of my period, since I've noticed this is when the foul odor comes out even more so.

Good luck ladies and keep up the good work in sharing your experiences with this.

take care,
martoocha

+Quote Post
wanabfresh
post Aug 19 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #667

BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Aug 19 2009, 10:23 AM) *
Oh yeah, about boric acid: During a recent doctor visit I had, I asked my general practitioner if the boric acid you can buy at a store, is the same as the boric acid that is made by a pharmacist, and she said "yes." Then she said, store bought boric acid isn't formulated for vaginal use. I'm not sure if she meant something about the capsules, or the amount of boric acid that goes into the capsule ... or both.

Hey guys havent been on in a while but just thought id share some info about me an my bv. Ive had it off an on for 7 yrs now an havent feel this clean an fresh in years. I recently had a tooth pulled in May an was given amoxiclin to prevent infection. I later had an doctor appointment that same week which i asked my doc for flagyl an took them 2 together, an been feeln fine ever since. My doc is cool, i can get flagyl anytime i want, but ladies ur body does become immune to this flagyl, cause at 1 point of time i was takn it on a regular an it had stopped workn for me, but anyway my doc also advised me to stop takn baths which ive done also an ive been bv free ever since May so.............

Ladies try an stop takn baths for a while because i havent took a bath since may i no we love to bathe but its not good for ur vag. I also sleep without underwear evry night besides my period nights. Another thing i do i no it sound gross but after showering, i stick my finger up there an get all the excess discharge out of there. I got that from a post here. Also go out an get some ph paper an u can test ur on ph that helps also. good luck guys

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Aug 19 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #668

QUOTE(neverending @ Aug 16 2009, 06:43 PM) *
Gosh, I used Boric acid everyday for months and it did nothing for me. I think it wipes out both the bad and the good vaginal bacteria so it's best in my opinion to supplement with probiotics but that didn't work for me either but it's not to say it wouldn't work for someone else. BORIC IS POISONOUS SO BE VERY CAREFUL! One other member here had rashes and such so I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, BE CAREFUL! Most members here have chronic vaginitis and have to use something everyday. sucks but that's what we have to do. I'm glad you are here mfc10. Glad to see you still helping the girls. Ladies: EVERY vagina is different. What works for one may not work for another. Take a look at lori's blog. that should help you guys a lot. Lots of helpful and useful information.

Oh yeah, about boric acid: During a recent doctor visit I had, I asked my general practitioner if the boric acid you can buy at a store, is the same as the boric acid that is made by a pharmacist, and she said "yes." Then she said, store bought boric acid isn't formulated for vaginal use. I'm not sure if she meant something about the capsules, or the amount of boric acid that goes into the capsule ... or both.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 16 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #669

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Aug 8 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Hey Everybody
This Bv thing is very frustrating and I'm currently dealing with stupid bad bacteria that causing me to smell like fish everyday!! We shouldn't give up on Doctors Because there's alot of things that can cause our imbalance. We need to get blood work done for hormones level, toxins level, estrogen & progesterone level, white blood and red blood count which help fight off infection. But most of all pap smear i know some of us probably did that three thousand times but just do it again. Tell your doctor to check your ph level and make sure you set a appointment so when you go see the doctor they won't treat you like crap because your a walk in by setting your appointment is like demanding your time!! Once you get the result and something Is off the doctor will work with you from there.
I feel like boric acid and garlic is (temp) fix. What i need is a CURE?? Do anyone have HOT FLASHES? when i work or about to go out i get anxiety attack or something i don't know but i'm going get to the bottom of it and let everyone know how the results go which will be at the end of the month.

Smelling like fish sucks. I've also had the Ammonia smell. One time I had a supervisor of mine ask me to not clean my house with Ammonia before i came in to work because the smell was loud. I never knew anything about Ammonia until people kept telling me I smelt like it, so one day I bought a bottle and when I opened it I was like WOW. LOL......I could not believe I smelled like that. Sucks! LOL

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 16 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #670

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Jul 20 2009, 11:45 AM) *
This sounds like the right stuff. Yes, it IS poisonous, so don't ever take it orally or place in an open wound. I used it vaginally (in a capsule made up by a compounding pharmacy) for 2 weeks in a row, then every other night for another couple weeks, then just once/week (for maintenance) for a month or two. It will also effect good bacteria as well as bad, so be sure to take something like FemDophilus during that time and after treatment stops. If you look up Fem Dophilus on this site or on the Net, you'll find out a lot of good info on it. I still take one per day to maintain...no BV or yeast for three years now.

Hugs,
Maggie

Gosh, I used Boric acid everyday for months and it did nothing for me. I think it wipes out both the bad and the good vaginal bacteria so it's best in my opinion to supplement with probiotics but that didn't work for me either but it's not to say it wouldn't work for someone else. BORIC IS POISONOUS SO BE VERY CAREFUL! One other member here had rashes and such so I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, BE CAREFUL! Most members here have chronic vaginitis and have to use something everyday. sucks but that's what we have to do. I'm glad you are here mfc10. Glad to see you still helping the girls. Ladies: EVERY vagina is different. What works for one may not work for another. Take a look at lori's blog. that should help you guys a lot. Lots of helpful and useful information.

+Quote Post
virgin4life
post Aug 15 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #671

BUSTie

Has anyone tried the rephresh pro-b??

I no all other rephresh products are a no-no but i haven't heard of anyone trying this yet!

Thanks everyone!

+Quote Post
help*me
post Aug 11 2009, 07:38 AM
Post #672

Im glad that everybody's improving. Here's what i did recently..

i took 500mg flagyl for 5 days (twice a day)
also inserted 500mg flagyl - 5 nights then a day after....
i took 1 dose of ofloxacin and
1 dose of zithromax (i dont know if what i did is too much..i hope i did the right thing)

anyways, after 3 days , i tried using garlic suppositories for 8 nights (sometimes i insert it during day time to make sure i kill all and whatever bacteria i might still have while continuously drinking unsweetened yoghurt.

after that, i went to my gyne for a papsmear test, gramstain, transvaginal ultrasound, IE. So far, the results came out, my bv's gone. discharge is gone. I have been bv free now for almost 3 weeks. I also had sex with my bf, still couldnt smell a thing.I dont know why and how it happened, but i surely can feel the improvement from the previous years i've suffered. And I really thank God for this forum coz i got the chance to research for my bv's cure. Thank's alot guys.. and i hope everyone will be well soon. TC!

+Quote Post
jlo
post Aug 10 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #673

Yes - yes - yes! I couldn't agree with you more. Since Vit D supplements, my BV has basically been non existent. Hopefully, more women can provide input.

QUOTE(Morphia @ Jun 27 2009, 01:24 AM) *
I came to this site two years ago with bv that would not cure even for a day. No matter what meds I used. No matter what I did. It never went away for a minute. I had a terrible group B infection that I got eliminated (excrutiating pain, I must say.) But the regular bv was always there. I was diagnosed with a pretty bad vitamin D deficiency a year ago. I thought it was the answer to my problems. My chronic fatigue, my bv. I did research and found no links whatsoever to bv and vitamin d deficiency...Until now. I get a medical news letter in my email and one day I was checking my mail and right there in front of my face was an email with the subject "Vitamin D deficiency linked to bacterial vaginosis." Ever since I've been supplementing with the prescription vitamin D and tanning my bv has gotten exponentially better. Its still there. But before, my bv was so bad and irritating I couldn't have sex. At all. Now I can have sex whenever I want to.

Vitamin D deficiency is so prevalent these days because of the skin cancer fear that is abounding in this country. Sun block inhibits vitamin d synthesis. Even an SPF as low as 15 hinders vitamin D production almost entirely. It is important that we get at least 10-15 minutes of sun exposure WITH OUT sun block to get adequate vitamin D. Exposure of arms, face and legs is sufficient. 10-15 minutes of unprotected sun exposure is safe. I could go on for days but I won't. I'm just going to tell you to google vitamin d and research it yourself. Not sure if anyone has posted this find yet, but here it is: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/703577

Everyone go out and get your vitamin d levels checked. You need to know for sure that your level is low because vitamin d is nothing to play around with.

But as I said, vitamin d deficiency is running so rampant in this country I wouldn't be at all surprised if its the cause of most of the women's bv issues on this board.

In this article it says that a level below the norm of 80 is associated with an increased risk of bv. So if your doc checks it, its below 80, and they say you're fine make them read this article.

+Quote Post
jlo
post Aug 10 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #674

Hi everyone. I have been bv free since around the 4th of July. I know there have been sprinkles of remedies throughout this thread but one thing that hit home for me was Vitamin D deficiencies. I really think there might be something to this. I left for a nice vacation over the 4th, was out in the sun a lot, etc... and things seemed to remedy themselves. My bv also seems to be worst in the short days of winter. Vitamin D is encouraged as it helps reduce bacterial growth so it's a plus.

So... in a nut shell...Here is my daily schedule that I try to stick to and I have not have even one trace of bv since:

Vitamin D chewable 1-2 times per day
Purchased Femanol & take 1-2 times / day (supposed to take twice)
Vitamin C chewable 1-2 times per day
wash underwear in fragrant free detergent
Moved to glycerol soap only / no fragrances AT ALL down there
Went off birth control.
Aware of alcohol, sugar and caffeine impacts but have indulged quite a bit with no impact with the use of the other items above.
Yogurt / probiotic every day

I feel like my pH is perfect right now. I have had a lot more lubricity & sex life is back to normal. It is like a miracle. I know femanol is very expensive and not an option for everyone. But at least the other offerings are inexpensive & not a huge sacrifice. Please let me know if you have discovered improvements with Vitamin D.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Aug 8 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #675

BUSTie

Hey Everybody
This Bv thing is very frustrating and I'm currently dealing with stupid bad bacteria that causing me to smell like fish everyday!! We shouldn't give up on Doctors Because there's alot of things that can cause our imbalance. We need to get blood work done for hormones level, toxins level, estrogen & progesterone level, white blood and red blood count which help fight off infection. But most of all pap smear i know some of us probably did that three thousand times but just do it again. Tell your doctor to check your ph level and make sure you set a appointment so when you go see the doctor they won't treat you like crap because your a walk in by setting your appointment is like demanding your time!! Once you get the result and something Is off the doctor will work with you from there.
I feel like boric acid and garlic is (temp) fix. What i need is a CURE?? Do anyone have HOT FLASHES? when i work or about to go out i get anxiety attack or something i don't know but i'm going get to the bottom of it and let everyone know how the results go which will be at the end of the month.

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Aug 5 2009, 07:00 AM
Post #676

QUOTE(help*me @ Aug 3 2009, 12:26 AM) *
Hi guys,

Has anyone tried using garlic suppositories, to cure yeast infection and BV? would appreciate any comment.
thanks!

I haven't tried garlic suppositories, but I did take a garlic supplement. I took it to treat a mild infection I had in my mouth. My doctor told me to try taking a garlic supplement, because I was reluctant to take antibiotics. It worked within the span of 8-12 days. But garlic is more used to control high cholesterol than treat infections. There aren't any conclusive studies for garlic curing infections of any sort, which is why I can't whole-heartily recommend it to other people. In my opinion, I don't think it would be the most appropriate treatment for a bacterial vaginosis infection, because there are better methods out there with more compelling results. It may work for a yeast infection though. And that's a definite maybe. I think there was a woman on this forum that said she did garlic suppositories, and it worked for her; I just don't remember her name. You should browse the archives to see what others said.

Best wishes.

+Quote Post
help*me
post Aug 2 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #677

Hi guys,

Has anyone tried using garlic suppositories, to cure yeast infection and BV? would appreciate any comment.
thanks!

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jul 25 2009, 02:33 PM
Post #678

Hardcore BUSTie

i've been using boric acid every night for 5 nights. i have no smell at all and just a little discharge. i'm going to use it 2 more nights and then start inserting primadophilus reuteri. i plan to use that a few nights then boric acid once or twice a week from now on.

my question is, is boric acid bad to use regularly? i know it kills good and bad bacteria so i always plan on using primadophilus reuteri also. i just feel like boric acid is harsh and might cause other problems if i use it regularly.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Jul 24 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #679

BUSTie

QUOTE(sea star @ Jul 23 2009, 08:50 AM) *
HI horror movie

I didn't tryed this product,it's just for men.I copied and pased this just to inform you that man can have the same problems like us woman.

Sea Star

My doctor always told men can't get odor out there penis it's only in women because we have so much going on in there!! Thanks on the info

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Jul 23 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #680

BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Jul 23 2009, 07:33 PM) *
On the Toxic Nation web site, there is actually a list of the top 10 ways to detoxify. I left the link below. Luckily, detoxifying doesn't require anything extravagant. And of course, drinking plenty of water, and consuming foods containing fiber is another method of detoxifying. Both should be a part of your daily diet. Try to avoid purchasing products that are marketed for the use of detoxifying. More often than not, they are total scams, or simply don't work. You can consult with your GP if you have any questions or concerns about certain "things." Doctors typically give great insight on products that they're familiar with. I consider my doctors opinion to the point where I ask her to evaluate a product for me just so I know if it's legitimate or not blink.gif.

1. Toxic Nation - "Top 10 Ways to Detoxify"

thanks I'm going to the doctor to get my toxin level check out and hormone level too!!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 32 33 34 35 36 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 26, 2014 - 01:59 PM