The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 33 34 35 36 37 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
buttercups
post Feb 23 2011, 01:41 PM
Post #681

Hardcore BUSTie

Awww thanks Karategrrl- between you and Spot-on and Strongirl I feel like I have my own team of personal trainers. I should probably take this into the working out thread, but its about muscle cleavage- so I'm still assuming it's relevant haha! Truth be told I don't eat a lot of protein, I eat a lot of fruits and veggies (mostly carrots and broccoli, not legumes or beans) and I'm not too crazy about meats. The best source of protein I get is probably from Greek yogurt- which I eat daily. Any other suggestions?

Also, I started lifting about 2-3 lb weights 2 months ago. I've increased this to 5 lbs and I can do some exercises with 10, but not quite all of them from my work-out dvds with 10 yet. I think what I really need is 7-8 lbs weights right now because 5 has become too easy and 10 is sometimes too much. I do have the start of some muscle mass on my arms, but no where near what I would call definition- which is what I'm really looking for here. I guess I have to remember that I'm pretty much starting with nothing, since I've only been used to running and never lifted weights before. But again, any suggestions would be most appreciated!

That's really interesting too what you said about the models, there are a lot of models that don't need to fit any strict criteria that I forget about. I guess I was more referring to the Victoria's Secret type. Personally seeing all those hot babes in VS makes me NOT want to buy their products because I realize that I will never look like that in any of their clothes (not that I can fit in their bras to save my life anyways). If they included different types of women, I'd probably want to buy their underwear more cause I would think that it can look good on more types of people, so why not me? I don't know about you guys but it doesn't make me want to buy lingerie more when I'm trying it on while looking at the ad of the practically naked model busting out of the top with hip bones jutting out of the bottom and a seductive smoky-eyed look on her face. I just makes me say "i give up". They should get a clue!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Feb 23 2011, 08:25 AM
Post #682

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(buttercups @ Feb 22 2011, 11:35 PM) *
And I'm working on my muscle cleavage every day- I can do 3 push-ups right now hahaha, pathetic but I will get there!

Way to go buttercups! Soon we will have to change your name to hottiecups, musclecups, firmcups or something. (I do like buttercups, though. wink.gif)

I'd love to wow my bf by becoming all hot and buff, but that will take time of course and even though I've only been lifting weights for about 2 months I just don't see much progress.

Dont' forget--it's not just about you being good enough for him, it's about HIM being good enough for YOU, baby. There's my mini-lecture. Dont' forget it. wink.gif And I'm wondering why you haven't been seeing the results you want...are you lifting enough weight? Are you eating enough protein? Hard to tell via our virtual connection. I wish I knew what to tell ya. Of course, I hope it's not that you look awesome already but you just can't see it. I bet you look HOTTTT!

There shouldn't be any size requirement to be a model- whether you're a size 0 or a size 1000! And it's also so true what she said about how the media classifies "curvy". "Curvy" = women my size + ginormous breast implants. That is not promoting a healthy body image for curvy or skinny women! Now THAT is what is unnatural, not being small or large. I know I just repeated what everyone else has said, but this is something that makes me so angry so I had to do my own personal rant. I wish people would actually accept all forms of beauty instead of just talking about it and then photoshopping everyone.

I totally agree on this all, but I do have to differ a bit with the modeling thing. When we think of models, we usually are referring to fashion models. Yes, there are height requirements (5'8'' for women, at least in the USA). If you are a "fit" model (that is, they use your body as a "manikin" to fit the sample of the clothing on when they are designing it) then yes, you have to be a certain size. But "commercial" models (the "real-people" folks you see a lot of in print magazine ads, TV commercials, etc.) have no size requirements. And I know...I did a short stint as a model in New York. At 5'6'' I could not do fashion, but I did commercial print. And I can tell you that I saw all types, colors and sizes on the auditions I'd go on. It truly had nothing to do with how thin or "pretty" you were--it was about if you had the look the client felt best spoke to their target audience. (One male model I knew totally worked the "nerd" look and did lots of ads for computer/tech companies.) So while it's true that you don't usually see a large, "curvy" woman strutting down the high-fashion runway, the modeling world, as a whole, is actually more diverse than most of us know. It's just that the Victoria's Secret-sized models get the most sexual attention in popluar media, I think. You don't hear much about the "mom" types in the chocolate-chip cookie ads, though they may land as many jobs as the swimsuit types. wink.gif

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Feb 22 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #683

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(buttercups @ Feb 22 2011, 06:35 PM) *
One thing I did love about that blog was what she said about skinny women. I happen to be one of the naturally scrawny types (skinny but not necessarily as in-shape as I'd like to be) and I've always felt so bad about my body because of the attack on skinny and the "real women have curves" movement. I've never put down curvy women, so I didn't understand why they were putting me down.

Yeah, I am sort of the same way... I guess I can understand the reason for the "Real Woman Have Curves" movement, because there is so much pressure to be skinny, which is unfortunate. But it ultimately puts down a whole nother part of the woman population and that is way not cool.

Funny story... when I was a freshman, a friend of mine told me that if I put on weight than I would get some boobs, so I tried to pig out on junk food whenever I could. It didn't work. In fact, I ended up getting sick!!!

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Feb 22 2011, 09:20 PM
Post #684

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Feb 22 2011, 03:10 PM) *
PS: In that article, that pic of the guy pulling on the girl's shirt creeps me out. He looks pervy and she looks like she's being molested against her will. Ew, ew, eeeewwww.

OMG I know! He looks like such a creeper! I thought it was an interesting choice of photo to go with the article... i mean it seemed so out of place.

Hmm... I was thinking what celebrity am I similar body type to? Dakota Fanning, I guess...?

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Feb 22 2011, 06:35 PM
Post #685

Hardcore BUSTie

Ahh so much has gone on in here in the few days that I've been away- I love it! First and foremost- strongirl if you resemble the girl in the blog photo and karategrrl if you resemble juliette lewis well HOT DAMN! You ladies are smokin!!!

It was pretty sweet to see juliette lewis totally rockin it- thanks for posting strongirl!! And I'm working on my muscle cleavage every day- I can do 3 push-ups right now hahaha, pathetic but I will get there!

All in all I've been sorta not lovin the way that I look lately, but I think a lot of it has to do with my insecurity about my bf going away on his man-trip and potentially being exposed to lots of boobage without me being there. My chest is just so very very veryy small, and I keep thinking that I'll feel better about my whole body the more that I work out and try to tone up, but it hasn't entirely happened yet. I'd love to wow my bf by becoming all hot and buff, but that will take time of course and even though I've only been lifting weights for about 2 months I just don't see much progress.

One thing I did love about that blog was what she said about skinny women. I happen to be one of the naturally scrawny types (skinny but not necessarily as in-shape as I'd like to be) and I've always felt so bad about my body because of the attack on skinny and the "real women have curves" movement. I've never put down curvy women, so I didn't understand why they were putting me down. Frankly, though I'm glad that the runways are embracing other body types, it hurts me to see things about how size 0 is gross and models that are a size 0 look like boys and whatnot. I'm not advocating for everyone to be a size 0 because I know that is ridiculous and everyone should be their natural size, but that is my natural size and it hurts me to constantly read things about how size 0 shouldn't be allowed and women that size look like boyish hangers and not women. There shouldn't be any size requirement to be a model- whether you're a size 0 or a size 1000! And it's also so true what she said about how the media classifies "curvy". "Curvy" = women my size + ginormous breast implants. That is not promoting a healthy body image for curvy or skinny women! Now THAT is what is unnatural, not being small or large. I know I just repeated what everyone else has said, but this is something that makes me so angry so I had to do my own personal rant. I wish people would actually accept all forms of beauty instead of just talking about it and then photoshopping everyone.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Feb 22 2011, 03:10 PM
Post #686

Hardcore BUSTie

PS: In that article, that pic of the guy pulling on the girl's shirt creeps me out. He looks pervy and she looks like she's being molested against her will. Ew, ew, eeeewwww.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Feb 22 2011, 03:08 PM
Post #687

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(strongirl @ Feb 22 2011, 06:31 PM) *
My bf has a HUGE crush on Juliette Lewis, so if you're built like her you better stay away from him, Miss Hot Karategrrl, or you'll have me to speak with. smile.gif

It's funny - I look a lot like the chick in the blog below but a tad more muscled and a tad less Asian. But anyone seeing us together would think we're sisters.

LOL!!! Well, if you look even remotely like the girl pictured in the article, you are yourself a force to contend with!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Feb 22 2011, 01:31 PM
Post #688

Hardcore BUSTie

My bf has a HUGE crush on Juliette Lewis, so if you're built like her you better stay away from him, Miss Hot Karategrrl, or you'll have me to speak with. smile.gif

It's funny - I look a lot like the chick in the blog below but a tad more muscled and a tad less Asian. But anyone seeing us together would think we're sisters.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Feb 22 2011, 09:03 AM
Post #689

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow, great article! And thanks for the hads up about Juliette Lewis. I had no idea she'd gotten so hot! New girl crush... And our bodies are so similar, it makes me feel great to see her rocking her bad self.

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Feb 22 2011, 08:38 AM
Post #690

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow. Hugely great insight there. Thanks, Kera, for sharing and Secretsights, for insightful commentary.

I think I've failed to see this issue clearly because I've squelched myself and said to myself "oh, it's just sour grapes, you're just pissed because you're skinny and now you need to shut up and give the big girls their time in the limelight". So I never made the connection of "being skinny is seen as promoting bad body image, but having implants is not." That is huge for me. Thank you for the virtual "smack upside the head".

There is a "war on skinny" now and thanks for phrasing it so succinctly, Secretsights. But it's no different than the "war on fat" that reigned when I was growing up. In both cases, the underlying assumption is that we as women are not good enough, we're ugly, we're inadequate. And that we need outside intervention and "experts" - plastic surgeons, diet doctors, diet pills, undergarments that either pad us or shrink us - to help us stop giving offense to any whose eyes fall upon us.

And of course, there's money to be made off of that process.

I'm tired of women's bodies being the goldmine for greed and the battlefield for war and politics (Congo, Egypt spring to mind as recent examples, as well as the current debates here in the US over breastfeeding and also abortion). I wanna shout "Leave us the fuck alone!"

+Quote Post
secretsights88
post Feb 21 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #691

BUSTie

QUOTE(KeraBear @ Feb 21 2011, 10:56 AM) *
Check out this blog from a woman struggling wirh the idea of implants...

http://www.hollyjean.sg/2009/08/my-boobs-and-i.html

I can relate to a lot of what she's saying. In high school I had most of those concerns, I still do every now and then. It's funny how even very pretty women like her, who are models, can be made to feel ugly by stupid, mean spirited comments.

What really struck me was this:
And it doesn't help that magazine images and the media keep presenting supermodels with augmented breasts as the standard of beauty.
In fact, I get quite pissed off whenever I read that some anorexic looking model gets pulled out of a fashion show, or a pageant queen gets criticised for being too skinny. They say she's a bad role model for young girls.
And yet it's perfectly fine to have models and beauty queens with silicone implants? In fact, the ones with the fake breasts land Victoria Secret fashion shows, sports illustrated swimsuit covers and the Crown to the pageant. How's that promoting a healthy body image???

This is SO true. I'm not into promoting the whole "anorexic" look, but there are many women who are indeed naturally skinny, but not anorexic. A lot of the time, the anti-anorexia talk hurts these naturally skinny women too, because there's a war on skinny, period. I'm not skinny myself, but I can see why it bothers them.

And I think it is indeed hypocritical of society and the fashion industry to demonize being skinny in favor of being curvy, when their definition of curvy is fake. There's nothign wrong with promoting all sorts of beauty, be them skinny or curvy, but I think she has a really valid point when she mentions that being skinny is seen as promoting bad body image, but having implants is not. Of course implants are a personal choice, but sometimes they're even seen as something empowering...

Good read.

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Feb 21 2011, 08:56 AM
Post #692

Hardcore BUSTie

Check out this blog from a woman struggling wirh the idea of implants...

http://www.hollyjean.sg/2009/08/my-boobs-and-i.html

+Quote Post
secretsights88
post Feb 18 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #693

BUSTie

Now that we're talking about body types and celebs, I think Sandra Oh is really hot. Some magazines and people have called her ugly, but I just don't see it. She has a great body and kind of small boobs, and when I've watched Grey's Anatomy, yeah, I think she's looked hot (she's had a couple scenes wearing lingerie). I think the concept of "entire package" applies here... she just looks great as she is... she'd look so strange if she had bigger breasts. I don't know, she's one of those girl crushes I have. I guess because her looks are different and unique.

And I wish I had her hair, lol.

And yeah, I'd much rather be Juliette Lewis, I also love her style and think small breasts go better with that. She's stunning. Much more refreshing than Kim K (she's too made up for my taste... too high maintenance, I mean all the make up, the clothes, the hair, everything). Although I admit I watch the Kardashians show sometimes, it's a guilty pleasure, they're funny in a "am I grateful that I don't have such a crazy family!" kinda way...

Anyway... Juliette Lewis... she's a great example that it's not neccesary to have curves to be soooo very sexy too...

Speaking of other hot smallies with rocking attitude, another of my girl crushes is PJ Harvey... I also know many guys who think the same way, even though she's not exactly curvy, and still they think she's both beautiful and sexy... and of course much more talented than any of them, lol.

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Feb 18 2011, 04:21 PM
Post #694

Hardcore BUSTie

It made perfect sense to me, Secretsights.

On a lighter note, here's a bit of Friday afternoon fun for y'all. Compare and contrast these two youtube clips - wouldn't you rather be Juliette Lewis than Kim Kardashian?

(Note: I don't mean this to bash Kim personally and definitely not to bash by extension other large breasted women. But since some smallies have previously posted in here that their "ideal" is the tall, hourglass, big-breasted, curvy etc etc body type - yes, you, Buttercups - I wanted to provide a fun counterpoint to give ya an opportunity to say for once "Hey, I'd rather be the small-breasted punker chick ruling the crowd than the curvy ideal looking awkward and getting kicked off stage!")

Turn on your sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tOJYNwmPt0...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40sbDbcA9aM

+Quote Post
secretsights88
post Feb 18 2011, 02:00 PM
Post #695

BUSTie

I agree with all of you that this is sad. What kind of role model can you be, especially for a daughter? I think it's a symptom of how society can screw up our ideas of what is beautiful and desirable.

It's true that as women we tend to identify with our bodies, but this shows that if society as a whole placed more value on the inside, then maybe women like Sheyla wouldn't get so mentally skewed to end up doing that to themselves, and thinking that their whole worth comes from that. I mean, even putting your worth as a mother on something like having giant overfilled implants? That's insane.

There's a difference between going for a "standard" increase (don't know how else to put it), like Spot on and Vendetta and many other women, and then having such a skewed vision of who you are, that you decide that your worth comes from your breasts and nothing else, and that the bigger the better. I feel really sad, because this shows that some common notions in our society can be really harmful to some people's minds.

I also read one of the similar articles they had about women in the UK going for implants more and more, and I think that also reflects society's impact on body image. Sure, sure, they do it for themselves, but I think that the media has at least some form of indirect impact on it... I don't know much about the media in the UK, but I don know they have a lot of publications featuring "glamour" models with massive breasts, and that they're practically celebrities over there, so it's all really acceptable and fun. I guess they're used to it now? But it does send the message that the bigger the better, I think, which is not the best message they could send.

Now I'm just writing nonsense... it's good to be back though after being away for a few days smile.gif

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Feb 17 2011, 09:22 AM
Post #696

Hardcore BUSTie

Great points, Kerabear and strongirl. I once saw a woman in the grocery store with breasts (implants) almost this big (I swear!). She had her little boy in tow--maybe about 10 yrs old--and I couldn't help but wonder how this kid could NOT get unmercifully teased or be embarrassed.

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Feb 17 2011, 08:17 AM
Post #697

Hardcore BUSTie

What strikes me about this woman's story is that her personal mental illness is a creepy mirror held up to our larger cultural mental illness regarding women's bodies and their purpose. Sad.

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Feb 16 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #698

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Feb 15 2011, 04:50 PM) *
I wish that Sheyla had been as lucky as we all are here in the Lounge & that she had some sane support & caring people to talk to before all this crazy shit went down. Because she's probably going to die.

This story makes me sad. sad.gif Yeah, it is too bad that she didn't have a place like this. I don't understand her rationale for being a role model for her daughter. It seems like the opposite message would be appropriate - that you shouldn't let anyone define you by the size of your boobs! Plus I would just die of embarrassment if she were my mom.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Feb 16 2011, 09:26 AM
Post #699

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(discowombat @ Feb 16 2011, 02:01 AM) *
Those were my thoughts as well. I also find it interesting that she doesn't say "my identity as the women with the world's largest boobs"... she's just "the world's largest boobs". It seems like a pretty good indicator of her mental state on the topic sad.gif

Ha, good point!

But it just goes to show that if any one of us identifies too closely with any of our external "stuff," it can be bad. If one is centered in themself (and I mean "centered," and not the negatively used "self-centered") it's a better place to be.

I think we all identify to some extent with our external self, even breasts. I mean, for any woman who loses one or both of her breasts to cancer, it can be very difficult, to say the least. But for this woman to feel that without those grossly exaggerated, fake things, she doesn't feel right...uh...Houston, we have a problem. wink.gif

+Quote Post
discowombat
post Feb 15 2011, 09:01 PM
Post #700

BUSTie

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Feb 15 2011, 06:06 PM) *
Quote from the Sheyla Hershey article:
After her first attempt, she said: "Once I reclaim my identity as the World's Biggest Boobs I can be a better role model for my daughter.
What????!!??

Those were my thoughts as well. I also find it interesting that she doesn't say "my identity as the women with the world's largest boobs"... she's just "the world's largest boobs". It seems like a pretty good indicator of her mental state on the topic sad.gif

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 33 34 35 36 37 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 21, 2014 - 06:58 AM