Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

294 Pages V  « < 94 95 96 97 98 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
roseviolet
post Mar 23 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #1901

Pacifism kicks ass!

Ketto, thanks for the encouragement. I still feel kinda weird about it, but I'm starting to get over it. Kinda. A little. [blush]

Yuefie, I agree that you should buy him Rent if you want - not because it will annoy her, but because it will make HIM happy. Keep doing the things that reinforce that he is wonderful just the way he is & he shouldn't have to hide who he is just to make other people happy/comfortable/whatever.

From what you've said in the past, I'm sure The Ex is super homophobic. You can't change that. But it would be great if she could be reminded (by R maybe?) that there are a hell of a lot of straight guys who love musicals, too. Hugh Jackman & Johnny Depp immediately spring to mind & I know there are TONS more including most of the guys in Rent. As fucked up as it sounds, maybe this will help her allow her son to be true to himself AND allow her to hold onto the dream that Kidlet could grow up into her ideal vision of a red-blooded man.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Mar 23 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #1902

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

yuefie))), that woman requires something to connect with her face! so fuck if the kidlet knows all the words to Rent, he should own dvds he likes and watch any film he wants (okay, within reason when it comes to adult content and violence). Grrr, she should embrace the fact that he has another woman in his life who loves him for who he is and introduces him to more than a narrow-minded world.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
yuefie
post Mar 23 2009, 12:09 PM
Post #1903

Lip Balm Aficionado

Confession: Someone I love stole from me. More than once. And I don't want to confront them, but I know I have to. I thought about leaving a note where they've taken things from, but I feel that might be a cop-out.

Confession: Watching the person I love struggle with balancing work, school, helping out his disabled father and watching his son get ready to move across the country is making it nearly impossible to sleep through the night. I know there is nothing I can do to "fix" any of it and it's driving me crazy. It frustrates me that when I volunteer to help out with his dad he declines but he doesn't want it to be a burden on me. Why can't he understand that I want to help and that it isn't a burden to me? Argh.

Confession: I know that even though he pretends to be alright with his ex moving their son to Florida, underneath he's devastated. I know because he's been grinding his teeth and having nightmares about being unable to rescue his kid from something. But he feels there is nothing he can do, so he shoves it aside. He just doesn't want to be at war with her and he really doesn't want his kid to be stressed out about it any more than he already is. This makes me want to slap her upside her head so badly I can almost feel my hand connecting when I am near her. I know that hate is a very strong word and to hate means you actually care, but how else do I convey what I feel for that selfish woman? Disgusted? Seems so mild. She makes me queasy. Having to be around her at all makes me feel like I want to puke. I can't stand having to fake it for the kiddo's sake because I am not good at pretending to like people, but what choice do I have? I know she knows I don't like her any more than she likes me. But thankfully every time she brings up some story about when they were married, I notice R brings up a story about something cute or fun that we've all done together. I'm glad he sees right through her and knows how to knock it right back at her. Again she made a big deal about the fact that the kidlet and I saw that awful movie "The Women" back in September. I didn't choose the movie, he did as a birthday gift to me and was so excited about it I didn't have the heart to say no. His dad and he hatched the plan, so it isn't like I just took him without getting permission. Apparently he mentioned seeing it at a family function and her entire family was in an uproar and feel that I am just satan incarnate, recruiting him for the "dark side". Whew, thank maude he didn't mention that we just saw "Confessions Of A Shopoholic". rolleyes.gif

Confession: I am trying not to instigate any more drama with that woman, but it is SO tempting to buy her son all of the lip balm and movies he wants, including RENT, to which he already knew every word of the song they used in the dvd preview that we saw. But I know I should not sink down to her level and create more of a hassle for R, so I won't.

But damnit it feels good to fantasize about doing it.

--------------------
~I'm so tired of being tired
As sure as night will follow day
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway~

+Quote Post
ketto
post Mar 23 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #1904

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(roseviolet @ Mar 23 2009, 11:43 AM) *

The only way I could have those soft wavy curls is with a - gasp - perm. Or a "body wave" although I haven't heard anyone use that term since 1987. And that's why I'm embarrassed to talk about this. The word "perm" sounds sooooo painfully out-dated. Just saying it makes me feel ancient.

This problem is inflamed because I don't know any hair stylist around here. If I'm embarrassed to even say what I want, then how can I possibly find an experienced hair dresser who can do this for me?

RV, I don't know if this is as unusual as you think. I know lots of ladies who have bodywave perms. I think they're absolutely the best type of perm you can get. No one really talks about them anymore, but I think perms are still pretty popular. Check out all the examples: http://images.google.ca/images?client=fire...mages&gbv=2

I confess: I've thought of getting a bodywave perm myself. tongue.gif
(But I recently layered my hair for the first time and discovered the ends go curly if I don't brush my hair all day!)

Confession: Myself and two friends are part of the bridal party for a friends wedding - I think the dress pattern that was chosen absolutely looks the best on me - it's made for a curvy girl. I'm secretly very pleased, since I had no part in picking the pattern.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
ketto
post Mar 23 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #1905

Hardcore BUSTie

ETA Oops!

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Mar 23 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #1906

Pacifism kicks ass!

Confession: I want to get my hair cut - a total make-over thingamy. But I feel embarrassed even describing what I want. Why is that? Why be embarrassed about how I'd like to look? So I'm going to tell you all what I want in an effort to get over that.

Basically, I want my hair to look like Christina Applegate's on "Samantha Who" - soft curls that bring the hair slightly above the shoulders. I love it because the fullness of the curls is so sweet, but it's also long enough to pull back into a pony tail (which is important for when I work out). My problem is that my hair is heavy & fairly straight. It has a slight wave to it sometimes, but it CANNOT hold a curl on its own. Plus, I am LAZY and there is no way I'm going to put my hair in curlers or any of that shit (mostly because I know it won't hold, but also because of the laziness factor). The only way I could have those soft wavy curls is with a - gasp - perm. Or a "body wave" although I haven't heard anyone use that term since 1987. And that's why I'm embarrassed to talk about this. The word "perm" sounds sooooo painfully out-dated. Just saying it makes me feel ancient.

This problem is inflamed because I don't know any hair stylist around here. If I'm embarrassed to even say what I want, then how can I possibly find an experienced hair dresser who can do this for me?

Confession: I realize this is probably the silliest confession to ever appear in this thread. Maybe it'll make Freckle feel less self-conscious. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Mar 23 2009, 11:12 AM
Post #1907

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

I get self-conscious about aging too, but I'm too lazy to learn how to properly use make up.

Confession: I know I take good pictures, but I still love it when people compliment me on them.

Also, even though I like spending time with AZ Guy and the few friends I have, I am very glad to get back on the road again alone, mostly so I can listen to what music I want to without having to deal with people complaining about it, or my singing.

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Mar 23 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #1908

(o)(o)

Freckle, I spend obscene amounts of money on makeup, and who says that's being a bad feminist, I don't do this for anyone else but me!

Confession: I think he's right.

Confession: I dont' know if I want to do what I was planning on doing.

Confession: I just want to go shopping!!!!

Confession: I am really jealous of people who love their jobs because I hate mine.

Confession: I feel like I have accomplished nothing in my life. Seems that there are so many people who are my age, who I went to school with who appear to have their shit together.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Mar 23 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #1909

brown delicious

freckle, on the hair front, i've read that one should go lighter in hair color since a darker color washes your color out and makes you look older. well, not YOU specifically, but i know you get the idea. wink.gif i like my hair being dark brown, but, alittle bit of color really freshens me up too.

confession: watching sci fi movies/shows, really REALLY freaks me out. shit, even WALL-E freaked me out. i start thinking about mankind, technology, where we are heading ecologically, any similarities in our current world news, the similarities of storylines about man vs. technology, war of robots...yeah, it is not good for me. i hate thinking. i prefer not to think while i watch tv/movies. tongue.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Mar 23 2009, 07:04 AM
Post #1910

beachcomber

yuef: I finally tried the Kiss My Face sheer Mineral Liquid Foundation & love it.
so I start w/ that, then apply a "coat" ( generous dusting?) of powder mineral foundation, then apply powder mineral blush,
put on eye shadow while it sets, apply a 2nd coat of powder foundation, a 2nd "dab" of blush right on the apples of my cheeks, a last light all around swirl of powder foundation, run my fingers lightly over to remove any excess & voila.
personally I feel painted up like a clown, but cannot argue w/ the results.
usually w/in a few hours my makeup fades & I end up looking pale & colorless again but this has staying power & survived an afternoon at the beach & I looked healthily good when I got back home again.
no promises tho eh? I normally use the smallest amount of makeup I can get away with but clearly I Do need more now. le sigh.

confession: to add to my vanity confession I also realise that I need to go back to the whole head coloring of my hair to the brighter orange red for my skin tone. they say nature doesn't make mistakes but this time I take issue w/ that bc there is nothing Natural about how dark my hair is getting - it's totally at war w/ my skin- which is maybe why I need more makeup lately too? hmmm.. rolleyes.gif
if only I were not so LAZI & sloppy about doing my hair or getting it done regularly at the salon.

period monster: so true. is doing what makes us feel physically attractive considered anti-fem? def NOT (as has been discussed in the 'I'm a Feminist but I like..' thread)

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
period_monster
post Mar 23 2009, 03:55 AM
Post #1911

Hardcore BUSTie

confession: I am not returning my students' midterms today, even though I had promised I would. Have to tell them that ... something.

confession: feeling like a bad feminist makes me super angry. Who gets to decide what a good or real feminist is?

confession: I felt like a bad feminist yesterday after receiving a scathing review of a paper from a prof.

+Quote Post
yuefie
post Mar 22 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #1912

Lip Balm Aficionado

confession: I want to know how freckle got the dewy soft skin look because I too am struggling with vanity and wanting to cover up my aging yet still acne ridden skin that makes me so self conscious sometimes I don't want to leave the house.

confession: This also makes me feel like a bad, poor excuse for a feminist.

confession: Since recovering from my surgery in January I've gained enough weight that all my pants are too tight and the only ones I can wear comfortably are the ones that were literally falling off my ass in December.

confession: My eating habits have not really changed a whole lot, but I still haven't gotten myself back to the gym since recovering from said surgery. This is why all my pants are tight and why I am miserable, yet I still haven't gone.

--------------------
~I'm so tired of being tired
As sure as night will follow day
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway~

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Mar 22 2009, 09:49 PM
Post #1913

beachcomber

confession: I finally figured out how to get that dewy- soft -skin look w/ makeup.. but it takes a TON (to me) of makeup to accomplish it! I'm torn between pride at being able to get the affect, and horror ( & shame then) for needing so much "face goop" on my skin.

confession: I am struggling w. my own vanity as I am noticably aging; makes me feel like a shitty, fake feminist.

confession: going to the ocean shore is my Happiest Place On Earth.
my brain & thoughts are clearer there than at any other place & I like to fantasize what I might accomplish if I actually Could live there.

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Mar 21 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #1914

PANTIES! ew.

OMG, laughing so much about naming your kid Fuck Face! And Zephyr was the monkey from the Babar stories, wasn't he?!?!

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Mar 21 2009, 02:06 PM
Post #1915

new highs in personal lows daily!

wait, having your child beat up.... was that the goal?

whooo hoooo!

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Mar 21 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #1916

(o)(o)

With all these rediculous names, why not just name your kid Fuck Face. That is a sure fire way to get your child beaten up.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Mar 21 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #1917

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Harry Caray, bunny.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Mar 21 2009, 10:08 AM
Post #1918

it's cards on the table time

I know someone who named their kid Zephyr.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Mar 21 2009, 06:20 AM
Post #1919

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Mar 21 2009, 12:48 AM) *
If it was a boy, maybe they'd name it Harry? Or Carrie? (wrong spelling for his last name, I know!)

Do you mean that they would call their son harikari after Japanese ritual suicide by disembowelment? blink.gif

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Mar 20 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #1920

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Ha ha, I hope so, kitten- that would be awesome, and not just because Ivy's one of my favorite names anyway! I haven't heard about them lately- I wonder if they're stopping at four. If it was a boy, maybe they'd name it Harry? Or Carrie? (wrong spelling for his last name, I know!)

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 94 95 96 97 98 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 27, 2014 - 12:44 AM