Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> heard any good music lately?
CandyMandyDandy
post Oct 16 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #21

BUSTie

Not sure if anyone like Rise Against, but they are coming out with a new album. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
datagirl
post Oct 6 2008, 07:10 AM
Post #22

Hardcore BUSTie

www.myspace.com/zarameow

+Quote Post
tesao
post Sep 28 2008, 12:31 AM
Post #23

olha, que coisa mais linda.....

woah. that was fast! go julie, pete and linc!!

+Quote Post
free_spirit
post Aug 18 2006, 03:28 AM
Post #24

BUSTie

Natasha Bedingfield
"Peace of Me"
***(Thinking for the last time before I log off bust, where is Lunasol???)***

--------------------
Don't Follow Your Dreams... Chase Them.

+Quote Post
hcbeck
post Aug 17 2006, 05:04 PM
Post #25

BUSTie

Young Folks by Peter Bjorn and John (Feat. Victoria Bergsman)

Itunez: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...amp;i=152897996

Gotta love a tune with whistling!

+Quote Post
tyger
post Jul 28 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #26

Hardcore BUSTie

i passed brian viglione in the street and didn't chase him down and ask for a hug! i am now lamenting my stupidness and lameness. if only i went an itsy bit more fangirl i'd have not stopped myself with worries he just wanted alone time.

also, BSS in concert is the most beautiful noise ever heard. ever. i was right at the front and it was the most amazing concert ever. if anyone gets the chance to see them do it.

also, during one of the opening acts they formed a 10-person tambourine corps for one song. and nothing uncool could ever come of a ten person tambourine corps

+Quote Post
the_geiger
post Jul 23 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #27

Hardcore BUSTie

Mornington--I'll PM you sometime later next month about the mp3s, because I won't have enough room in my inbox until then.

And I noticed that there's some Broken Social Scene videos on YouTube, so I'll watch those so I'll be less ignorant in the future smile.gif.

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jul 21 2006, 04:15 PM
Post #28

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

pull shapes in fantastic. I like dirty mind too, but the whole album is one that grows

they didn't include one of my favourite songs - I like a boy in uniform. It's just... so silly. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Jul 21 2006, 03:24 AM
Post #29

Hardcore BUSTie

I've listened to it again, and again right now and ok I do like it.

Esp. Pull Shapes, Judy and Your Kisses are Wasted On Me.

And Tell Me What You Want.

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Jul 20 2006, 01:16 PM
Post #30

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm not sure at the moment but I think it'll grow on me. I do like the happoness and fun in it, but IMHO I didn't think there are any songs that particularly stand out. But I have only heard it once so I'm gong to keep trying with it.

Another album I got is the casual dots and I do love this one smile.gif

I want to listen to lily allen but I went on her myspace page and you can't change tracks or skip ahead which really annoyed me.

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jul 20 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #31

what do you think, punker? I treated myself to We Are The Pippettes yesterday, and I love it. It's so happy, and twee, but without being sickening. I'm also getting into Lily Allen, even though I'm not into ska/reggae in a big way... I just got curious after seeing her mentioned everywhere, and then hearing a couple of songs.

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Jul 18 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #32

Hardcore BUSTie

Ohh I ordered the pipettes from my record shop and completely forgot. I'm going to go pick it up! Yay!

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jul 17 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #33

my bad. I only have 7/4. They have, however, ended up in the same vein as what I have of the postal service - the non-vocal parts of it remind me of p.s. for some reason. B.S.S. are one of those bands I'd get into if I had the money to buy lots of cds. Unfortunately the list is long...for some reason, three good albums have been released this week (Lily Allen, Paulo Nutini & The Pippettes) and I'm still trying to get Tilly & The Wall. I need to write these down and go into town...

+Quote Post
tyger
post Jul 17 2006, 03:01 PM
Post #34

Hardcore BUSTie

i wouldn't say bss was electro-ey, really, and not like the postal service. their entire first album was instrumental, but their other albums really only have a few instrumentals here and there. 'lover's spit' and '7/4(Shoreline' are good examples of the goodness that is them. but really, everything is amazing

they're basically the heart and soul of all that is good with the canadian indie scene. it's this collective of amazing artists (i think mostly from toronto? they're based there, anyways), and it's just a revolving door of singers/instrument players. for example, all the female vocals are either Feist or Emily Haines(?) from Metric. Plus, one of the main dudes (whose name escapes me at the moment, but one of the originals/always in-ers) gave a big fuck you to things like the idol shows and stuff at the Junos (canadian music awards). and i think they're involved in the 'we don't want to sue our fans for downloading our music' initiative up here in canada.

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jul 17 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #35

geiger, tapes'n'tapes are good, imo. They have a slight air of The Rapture, but less frantic - and more vocal-driven. They've also got a bit more of an acoustic sound going on (I sound like such a twit saying this). Sixeyes has some mp3s. If you have msn, pm me and I'll transfer you some. They take some listening too, I find - one of those bands you don't always like on the first listen, but before you know it you're singing along.

Ooh, broken social scene. I can't make my mind up about them. Prolly 'cos I haven't heard enough. They're quite electro-ey aren't they? Bit like the Postal Service, but with less singing.

I tend to run a mile once other people like stuff, but I can't help obsessively reading mp3 blogs with similar tastes.

+Quote Post
the_geiger
post Jul 16 2006, 12:11 PM
Post #36

Hardcore BUSTie

Color me clueless, but...Broken Social Scene is who?

I'm spending my summer at a place that has satellite tv, so I've listened to some stuff I haven't heard before on XM Radio's station Ethel. Like Snow Patrol, or the Raconteurs. And there's also lots of older stuff that sticks to my ribs. But really I don't keep up much with new music, only if they manage to persist enough in getting me to care.

I also like the song "Mix Tape" by Jack's Manniquin. I haven't heard anything more by them, but my little brother has their CD. They were in my area this spring but I didn't go see them because it has that guy from Something Corporate in it and I think that SC sucks. But whatever.

Mornington, a couple of posts ago you mentioned Tapes'n'Tapes. Can you tell me a bit about their sound? I read an article about them today and they sounded cool.

Anyone else totally in like with She Wants Revenge?

+Quote Post
tyger
post Jul 16 2006, 11:40 AM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

geez, you guys are so much nicer than i am. my thought was 'if you care about hipster cred you need a swift kick in the 'i care what other people think' centre of the brain to disable it'. What can I say, I take issue with letting other people's opinions influence your actions tongue.gif

I'm gonna go see.... BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colour me happy and a half! I am sooooo seriously excited that i have no words

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jul 14 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #38

ahem. avril lavigne. the first album. and busted, the ally mcbeal soundtracks and maroon 5.

go go go - bollocks to hipster cred if you're going to enjoy it. I admit, I like panic!'s songs when they come up on the ipod. I might even buy the album. and hide it somewhere.

I feel I ought to discover something new; I'm liking Lily Allen but she's getting so hyped... and I am attracted to Someone Still Loves Boris Yeltsin just for thier name. Does anyone else do that?

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Jul 14 2006, 11:21 AM
Post #39

Hardcore BUSTie

Mine is the Offspring, Blink 182 and Greenday - the cheesy stuff that made it into the charts. Not to mention Busted and McFly.

What? I'm a sucker for pop punk (when not being oh so cool with my grrrl riot and anti-folk)

Ahem. Anyway I came here to ask if anyone had heard Regina Spektor's new album?

+Quote Post
the_geiger
post Jul 14 2006, 09:27 AM
Post #40

Hardcore BUSTie

Fuck hipster cred. I say go, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Besides, every "hipster" has a secret (or not so secret) list of corny tunes they like. Like TATU, or Aqua, or even, on occasion, the Backstreet Boys.

What, like I can't listen to them and Argentinian punk rock too?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 27, 2014 - 02:47 PM