The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Plus size girls are there any cool clothes out there for us ?
auralpoison
post Nov 8 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #41

Big Fat Bitch

Just when I think I cannot love rudder more . . . you are so внушительно

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
damona
post Oct 15 2009, 01:30 AM
Post #42

can i go to bed now?

the greek thing is a good idea, but since it's already snowed... lol

i think i may dress totally goth/emo/whatever the kids are calling it these days (gawd, i feel old). at least that way i can dress in layers. and it's pretty much a 180 from my usual casual mom look. ooh, and i can play with eyeliner again. and maybe a wig.

i thought about doing the wicked witch, but, according to my kids, that's not a costume. brat-children!

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 8 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #43

Big Fat Bitch

With purchased costumes, it's sexy, corny, cheap, or unflattering. Sometimes it's all four at once.

My friend has an annual Halloween party that is costume required. I got out of it last year by having an allergic reaction to the make-up I bought. Lol.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Oct 8 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #44

Hardcore BUSTie

I was going to have a Greek style costumed but I realized that with the freaking cold I have to deal with that it's just not plausible. Torrid has plus size costumes but they are uber sexy and seem to involve mini skirts. Personally I think I'm just going to be a witch this year.

+Quote Post
deschatsrouge
post Oct 8 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #45

A symphony of atrocities.

Could you do something Greek looking? You could make one of those long chemises and get some gold chord to tie. I was thinking something like this. It seems it would be easy to sew, and since it's long and draped, it's not too sexy and would flatter plus size figures.

--------------------
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." -Exodus 22:18

+Quote Post
damona
post Oct 7 2009, 10:38 PM
Post #46

can i go to bed now?

are there any good places to get plus sized halloween costumes? i wear an 18/20 these days, and my friends are giving me shit about always wearing my renaissance faire stuff. i need something cute but not too sexy, since i am walking around with my kids, and i'm in the upper midwest, so it's gonna be chilly!

or, if anyone has any ideas about a simple costume i can make... i can do basic sewing and such.

help!

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 7 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #47

Big Fat Bitch

I like the panties from Torrid, too, but they recently went up from six bux a pair to eight!

--------------------

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Oct 7 2009, 05:32 PM
Post #48

Hardcore BUSTie

I've never tried their bras but I like the underwear and sexy lingerie at Torrid. It fits well.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 7 2009, 03:40 AM
Post #49

Big Fat Bitch

Without knowing your location, it's hard to make a rec.

Plus size lingerie is always a bit of a pickle in stores because the places that carry it are usually just that: they specialize in plus lingerie. Few & far between unless you are in a major metropolis. In regular stores that carry larger sizes, often everything is usually steel-belted & ugly as sin. LB has a few good options, somebody rec'd Torrid not too long ago, & if you have a Macy's type department store, you can get good finds sometimes, too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
circledot
post Oct 7 2009, 12:48 AM
Post #50

I'm too sleepy to look through old posts for this answer...
any recommendations of stores that sell cute lingerie/pajamas for 40DD and up? I went to Vic Secret when my boobs were smaller but they are no good anymore lol.
Preferably a store I could find in a mall? I like to try things on(!)
tx
x

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 21 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #51

Big Fat Bitch

B&Lu launched their fall line today! There are several uber-cute items available only for the 4X/5X/6X gals.

--------------------

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Sep 20 2009, 10:25 AM
Post #52

Hardcore BUSTie

hawt dress AP!! That outfit sounds amazing!

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
lananans
post Sep 20 2009, 10:02 AM
Post #53

Hardcore BUSTie

I've found that with Old Navy too - I have a fleece vest from there that's XXL and tank tops from there that are L... it really just depends on the garment, which is annoying.

Hot dress AP!!!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 17 2009, 02:53 PM
Post #54

Big Fat Bitch

That's one of the irritating things about ON. They aren't quite as bad about it as say, H&M, but it's still annoying.

So I took the plunge & ordered that biker jacket from Dorothy Perkins. I was nervous, but I needn't have been! Everything fit perfectly & wasn't something I'd find locally! This jade sequin dress, black riding boots, a black military jacket, a blue hanky hem dress, & a bunch of silly jewelry.

--------------------

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Sep 14 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #55

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm a bit annoyed with Old Navy's sizing. I bought some pyjama pants from them in the summer in XXL and they are really loose on me. So I bought some new ones from them (adorable Halloween themed ones that I couldn't resist) in XL and the damn things are too small. Now I have to go and exchange them for the larger size which may or may not be too big for me.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 14 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #56

Big Fat Bitch

Rachel Zoe's line for QVC is not only funky (I dig her accessories!) & affordable, but is in sizes up to a 26/28! I am shocked! I DIE!

It did sell out in minutes though.

As did the Target Anna Sui collection. It went up to an XL which is a size 16.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 24 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #57

Big Fat Bitch

If memory serves, the closest any of Target's designer collections ever came to offering plus was Mizrahi's choice to go up to an XXL & that's an 18 XXL. Everything else stopped at like, a twelve, I think.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pinkmartyr
post Aug 23 2009, 05:54 AM
Post #58

Hardcore BUSTie

I got a couple of new things recently. Basic Black pants, jeans, western shirt from Torrid, and embroidered cardigan, burnt orange cords from Old Navy. The jeans I got are strange... they have no zipper, just a button at the top, but the fabric feels really comfy and I like the dark wash.

I've tried Lane Bryant, and I can only see getting basics there... a lot of their stuff is UglyTown. At least for me... my principal always buys cute stuff there, I don't know how she's getting it! I did buy bras at LB when I was pregnant, because they carry 40 F. I'm still in nursing bras at this point, and I tell you, cute nursing bras in bigger sizes are slim pickins and hard to find. I was very psyched, though, that the Western Shirt from Torrid fit over my boobs... ever since Baby, I've not been able to wear a button-up anything.

I bought some size 18 pants from NY and Co. a few weeks back, quality was total crap.

I just feel like we have so little to choose from, and what we do have is expensive. And I don't know how to dress myself anymore, I wish that Stacy and Clinton would come and see me. It drives me crazy how they show plus size ladies on the show but don't share where they buy the cute clothes... I need a visa card with $5,000.

I need underwear, I bought the Hanes pack of boy shorts a couple of months ago and need more, but have trouble finding my size in that style at WM/Target.

Speaking of Target.... I wonder if that Anna Sui line is going to come in plus sizes?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 20 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #59

Big Fat Bitch

No, I don't have it, Divala, but if I could inspect it first, I might. It also comes in cream, which I also found quite fetching. I wish there was a Target less than 65mi away from this shit hole.

Y'know what I hate about the dreaded LB (More than most of the clothes. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?)? The service. It's like a fat girl cannot deign to help another fat girl out. Last time I was in one, there were two customers & four non-busy, gum-smackin', trash talkin' shopgirls. They watched me dig through a completely disorganized rack of bras for twenty minutes & not a one offered to help me find my size.

The funny thing to me about Old Navy plus? Is that it's only available online. They KNOW that plus sizes sell like hotcakes (Anything cute is gone in the blink of an eye online.) & that they do a brisk online business, but a plus sized woman not being able to buy/return plus clothes at the store? Sucks. It's like, "We don't mind if you wear our clothes & we will keep taking your money for them. BUT. Do not even think about bringing your fat ass into our stores for any reason. It disrupts the xs-xxl customers."

I tend to do okay with their clothes, though. I buy pretty much half women's & half plus sizes.

And yeah, I'm too old for a lot of Torrid stuff, I think. There's often too much of that "genre" dressing for me. I'm not gothy, punky, rockabilly/pinup, Twilight, NBC, cutesie, pseudo-ironic whatever. I do mix it up, but not the way I did when I was 24. And their neutral attire always feels like really cheap fabric to me. They have cute underpants, though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Aug 20 2009, 01:08 PM
Post #60

Hardcore BUSTie

I've had pretty good experiences at Torrid. The saleswomen are always nice and the jeans I've bought from there were pretty decent quality. Also they have plain jeans, not everything has the sparkles and bling. I hate that look. As for the pricing, some of the jeans are $80 but on their website they have nice looking ones that are on sale for $40.

I'm thinking of getting some fall style dresses from Goodwill and then just putting them over leggings. That's another reason I want to go to Torrid. Leggings. And don't worry ladies, I promise I won't get any of those ridiculous liquid latex ones.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 20, 2014 - 09:12 PM