271 Pages V  « < 212 213 214 215 216 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
pianogirl
post Feb 3 2007, 11:36 PM
Post #4261

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Feb 3 2007, 09:58 PM) *

lapis: I understand. I too have had my partner treated, with no avail. I wasn't being a smart ass, just so you know. As we all have learned, everyone has to do what works for them. What works for me, may not work for you.

Anyways, all seems good with the trial of entering the Flagyl in last night. I'm going to do the same tonight. I think it might have WORKED!!!

I'll update tomorrow or the next day!!!

I had my partner treated too and it didnt work this was a few months ago.....he is also circumsized.

Jewls please keep up posted on your progress...as for me I am still doing the estroil but am inserting a boric in the morning to keep the smell at bay smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Feb 3 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #4262

Hardcore BUSTie

lapis: I understand. I too have had my partner treated, with no avail. I wasn't being a smart ass, just so you know. As we all have learned, everyone has to do what works for them. What works for me, may not work for you.

Anyways, all seems good with the trial of entering the Flagyl in last night. I'm going to do the same tonight. I think it might have WORKED!!!

I'll update tomorrow or the next day!!!

+Quote Post
lapis
post Feb 3 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #4263

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Feb 3 2007, 02:57 PM) *

Changing partners is great and everything, however, how do you "Divorce" the love of your life because you have re-occuring BV.

"Sorry, son, daughter, I have to leave your father because I have BV." Hmmmm, no, I don't think so.

I totally understand that we have different experiences of both suffering and healing--just wanted to share my experience as one version. Of course, the option of changing partners is not available for everyone, so I wish everyone luck in finding something that works within their life circumstances. For me, my physical health tends to work in tendem with other aspects of my life, and an unhealthy relationship contributed to my dis-ease. But there isn't a standard, easy cure that works for everyone...Anyway, if the bv had continued after the baking soda douche, the next steps for me would have been: 1. culturing the bacteria to determine exactly what it is and using a targeted medication based on that culture 2.treating my partner (because men can harbor the bacteria though it's rare). It's a totally rough experience and I sympathize...

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Feb 3 2007, 12:40 PM
Post #4264

Hardcore BUSTie

Well guys, I did the 500mg last night. I don't know if it worked or not. Kindof got a little bit of a stomach ache immediately following inserting it. However, I think that might have just been my mind playing tricks on me. I was scared!!!

Anyways, I will post back tomorrow to let you know if I "smell" any different. Should I use another one tonight??? I think I might, just in case.

Lapis, as far as what you said about, the less you did, the better it got. For me personally, I disagree with that. The less I do, THE WORSE it gets. I felt the same way you did in thinking, and would go a couple of weeks without sex, and using something for the BV and mine comes back worse then ever, until I use something again. The problem all of us are having with everything we are using is, NOTHING IS CURING IT. It only "Masks" it, temporarily, until we are forced to move on to something else that could possibly be a cure. We haven't found a cure yet, but, for all of us true b.v. sufferers, we won't stop until we do.

Changing partners is great and everything, however, how do you "Divorce" the love of your life because you have re-occuring BV.

"Sorry, son, daughter, I have to leave your father because I have BV." Hmmmm, no, I don't think so.

+Quote Post
D double U
post Feb 3 2007, 02:29 AM
Post #4265

BUSTie

For those that are using hp douche, how many times do u rinse? How many times a week? How long do u leave it? What actually happens? How long before you start seeing results?

+Quote Post
lapis
post Feb 3 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #4266

Hardcore BUSTie

The baking soda was an intervention-meds never really worked. I would douche with something like a teaspoon of baking soda and warm water (can't remember accurately--you could probably find the right "recipe" on the web). I also found that the less I tried to fix it, the better it got--I suspect because every little thing would throw off the ph. In my opinion, boric acid and anything acidic is a bad idea because it's an acid condition. You can buy a reusable douche at Walgreens--it's a big ball with a squirt thing. This also accompanied lifestyle changes like smoking less and eating less sugar. I know no one wants to hear this but changing partners also seemed to make a huge difference. You also might try to bring down your acidity overall--eating avocados, limes, keeping away from sugar. I haven't had anything like bv in years so I believe this helped like mad--it's remarkable when it stops because our bodies know how to self-regulate; it just takes time. It's not that expensive and definitely worth a try.

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Feb 2 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #4267

BUSTie

yea the baking soda thing makes me curious... was it just used as a preventative measure after a successful round of meds? or were you in the middle of a BV infection and the douche cured it?

Jewels, I'd go balls to the wall and do the 500mg. Why waste your time pussy footin' (no pun intended) around? This sucks!

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Feb 2 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #4268

BUSTie

Thanks Jewels for being the guinea pig!! Let us know if it works. Sorry to hear yours is back again. Mine has let up for now **fingers crossed**. I also want to know more about the baking soda douche.

lapis: How much baking soda did you use..or did you buy the one already mixed from the store? And how long did you have to do this before it was gone for good?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Feb 2 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #4269

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok, I'll be the guiney pig for my girls!! I will try tonight, and post back tomorrow. Mine is back full blown. With the havey grayish discharge coming out. I was going to do HP tonight, but, I guess I will try to other. I have 200 mg and 500 mg. Which one do you guys think I should try??

+Quote Post
lapis
post Feb 2 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #4270

Hardcore BUSTie

OK, I haven't had bv in years but wanted to share what seemed to help for me--in case people need more options. Basically, I went through a uti, yeast, bv cycle, for about 3 years which ended. The BV was persistent and I used a lot of metrogel, flagyl, etc. My nurse decided that my body was too acidic and recommended I douche (I know it's been given a bad name) with baking soda and water. So, that made me feel better. I also changed partners (he was uncut and I think was passing the bacteria back to me). The baking soda thing gave me great relief and never backfired into yeast or bv. Just a thought...

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Feb 1 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #4271

BUSTie

Hi guys...just wanted to give an update

Good News: No BV symptoms the past 2 days!!!

Bad News: I can't pinpoint what made it go away mad.gif

This condition is soooo mysterious. I haven't done anything different (that I can think of) this week. I'm sure the symptoms will come back soon, just as suddenly as they went away. *Sigh*

+Quote Post
free_spirit
post Feb 1 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #4272

BUSTie

Hi Jewels,

My friend had bv for a *few* years. She told me that her doctor told her to do it,she had recurrent and kept going back. (I must say that it was a military hospital, and that the doctor was foreign...take that for what it may or may not do for you in determining your decision to try it or not)

But my logictoit is why not?

People are sticking everything else up there to try to resolve the issue, also, if people can take flagyl and ingest it through their mouth and body and it is not "harmful", or "detrimental" to their health and safety that way, then why not use it in the other hole in our body?

i always read in here to see whats going on...I read about the potatos, so I think anything is game!!! LOL

But yeah, that was my source...

Other stats in her case....She used to smoke but stopped. I think she also took some milk thislte (sp) but she swears that what she did made the smell and discharge go away..

(yes she went into some other details)

(she said that she used to sweat alot down there and now she doesnt and even when she try to test things out down there at any given moment things seem "ok and normal")

Well, i think its worth a shot...and I posted it also because I read how some women here order or try to order the flagyl (sp?) online and I figured you guys may have some you can access right away instead of spending the $50 on the estoil (sp) and waiting for it to come, and spending anymore money period.

(man i ramble toooo much)

if some one tries it be sure to post back and let all know...

--------------------
Don't Follow Your Dreams... Chase Them.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Feb 1 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #4273

Hardcore BUSTie

Free Spirit, where did you here that? And I wonder how safe that would be. Because I have a drawer full, and am considering it!!! Let me know!!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Feb 1 2007, 01:33 PM
Post #4274

Hardcore BUSTie

Just one thing, Neverending - did you use yours nightly for the 3 months before you were satisfied? or did you do the 2-3 weeks or whatever and then go to maintenence?
*I did 2 weeks then maintenance

+Quote Post
herekittykitty
post Feb 1 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #4275

BUSTie

QUOTE(free_spirit @ Jan 31 2007, 06:18 PM) *

Ok, quick question, why was something you tick in your vagina in your kitchen where you cook and prepare food?!

Ok, back on topic...I heard that you can stick a flygal (the one that you are supposed to take orally) in your vagina, one 250mg pill one time and your BV will go away. You guys should try that.

Actually the dropper (it's very small) was in a container that I use to fill the HP in the sink. But yea..that sounds kinda gross. haha.

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Feb 1 2007, 04:22 AM
Post #4276

BUSTie

I don't post very often but I stick very close to this board. I am trying the estroil from the website one of you posted.... I have been using it for about a week now and I must say... I don't think it is working the smell is there still. ...although not as strong still a faint odor..... I have a question you guys ... does your estriol have beeswax in it.... Maybe I got the wrong one from dr helen's website. I know this is going to sound weird but ... Does your boobies feel tender and very sensitive... I don't know maybe I got the wrong stuff... I thought it would be a cream it is kinda like the beeswax I put in my dredlocks... I saw some estrogen pills while at the drug store maybe those combined with the estriol will help.... blink.gif

QUOTE(neverending @ Jan 30 2007, 10:33 PM) *

Pianogirl: I was doing some more research and I came upon a thing called Vagifem. It has estradoil in it. Are things not working or what? I feel sad! I was hoping this would work for everybody.

Thank you neverending ..it is something new... that may take some time...like PG said.... we are all here to bounce things off each other and find a cure.... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Jan 31 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #4277

BUSTie

going to be night 3 of the estroil tonight, I can't wait to finish my period and see where things are at!

Just one thing, Neverending - did you use yours nightly for the 3 months before you were satisfied? or did you do the 2-3 weeks or whatever and then go to maintenence?

+Quote Post
free_spirit
post Jan 31 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #4278

BUSTie

QUOTE(herekittykitty @ Jan 31 2007, 08:17 PM) *

Hello Everyone. Happy Hump Day!

UPDATE: It's been a while since I've posted, but I have to say that the HP treatment along with taking vitamins has been able to keep my BV at bay. I think it's been over a month since my initial HP treatment and I've done it only after my period has ended and also sometimes after sex as a preventive measure.
There is no discharge and the smell is completely gone. Sucks that this doesn't work for all you ladies. : (

So, from now on I'll always have a HP bottle stored in my medicine cabinet to treat my BV when (not IF as we all know) it rears it's nasty head again.

This is kind of FUNNY, but my BF was washing my dishes for me the other day when he saw the spoon dropper (looks like a mini baster) thing, which I use to insert the HP in my vagina, in the sink. He picked up the dropper and asked me what I had cooked and used the "flavor infuser" for. I laughed and laughed, while he looked at me quizicaly, and said, "fish, babe....Fish."

BF knows nothing about my BV situation and I intend to keep it that way. haha.

Anyhow, keep your heads up ladies!

Ok, quick question, why was something you tick in your vagina in your kitchen where you cook and prepare food?!

Ok, back on topic...I heard that you can stick a flygal (the one that you are supposed to take orally) in your vagina, one 250mg pill one time and your BV will go away. You guys should try that.

--------------------
Don't Follow Your Dreams... Chase Them.

+Quote Post
herekittykitty
post Jan 31 2007, 02:00 PM
Post #4279

BUSTie

Hello Everyone. Happy Hump Day!

UPDATE: It's been a while since I've posted, but I have to say that the HP treatment along with taking vitamins has been able to keep my BV at bay. I think it's been over a month since my initial HP treatment and I've done it only after my period has ended and also sometimes after sex as a preventive measure.
There is no discharge and the smell is completely gone. Sucks that this doesn't work for all you ladies. : (

So, from now on I'll always have a HP bottle stored in my medicine cabinet to treat my BV when (not IF as we all know) it rears it's nasty head again.

This is kind of FUNNY, but my BF was washing my dishes for me the other day when he saw the spoon dropper (looks like a mini baster) thing, which I use to insert the HP in my vagina, in the sink. He picked up the dropper and asked me what I had cooked and used the "flavor infuser" for. I laughed and laughed, while he looked at me quizicaly, and said, "fish, babe....Fish."

BF knows nothing about my BV situation and I intend to keep it that way. haha.

Anyhow, keep your heads up ladies!

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Jan 31 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #4280

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Jan 30 2007, 10:33 PM) *

Pianogirl: I was doing some more research and I came upon a thing called Vagifem. It has estradoil in it. Are things not working or what? I feel sad! I was hoping this would work for everybody.

Thanks neverending....I had to insert a boric capsule in the morning but I am still using the estroil and will continue to use it.

I am hoping it just takes a few weeks to kick in being that I have had this issue for almost 2 years...

I will research Vagifem and please do not feel bad smile.gif

You are just trying to help.

Talk to you soon.

PG

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 212 213 214 215 216 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 24, 2014 - 05:57 PM