224 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pregnancy - all things good, bad, and otherwise
Cristine
post May 24 2011, 04:14 PM
Post #81

Hardcore BUSTie

Funnybird, so nice to hear from you... thank you!! smile.gif

Zelda, I could not believe that was my baby's heartbeat! I thought for sure it was mine and that my doctor was crazy for even suggesting we might be able to hear! wink.gif

It's so amazing to think that there's so much going on in there and I can't feel a thing... except for my boobies!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zelda
post May 24 2011, 02:05 PM
Post #82

Hardcore BUSTie

YAYAYAYAYA!!!! Wow...amazing you could hear it so early. Great sign. I remember the first time I saw baby E's heartbeat. Man, I cannot believe he is almost a year...almost walking. It is amazing. Cristine, CONGRATULATIONS! So so so excited for you.

+Quote Post
funnybird
post May 24 2011, 01:38 PM
Post #83

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh my God, Cristine! I logged on for the first time in ages and ages, and what do I see? You're pregnant!!! Woohoo, that's so awesome. Big big congratulations from London. Aww, that's made my day.

--------------------
What I'm thinking is delicate. If I breathe I might lose it...

+Quote Post
Cristine
post May 24 2011, 01:03 PM
Post #84

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi ladies!! No twins... just one little heartbeat at 117 bpm! smile.gif We were even able to hear it, which I didn't know would be possible this early on. It was pretty exciting for both of us! Today is a good day...

Oh and my best friend had her 2nd baby (IVF) last night... it's a girl!

+Quote Post
jenny_dreadful
post May 23 2011, 01:46 PM
Post #85

BUSTie

Cristine, wishing you all the best for your scan tomorrow, I am so excited to find out if you're having twins!

+Quote Post
Cristine
post May 18 2011, 10:12 PM
Post #86

Hardcore BUSTie

Zelda, I am so curious about twins! Though it would certainly be a financial hurdle, not to mention the fact that we would never sleep again. And even if it is more than one, I don't want to get set on the idea because I know it's common for 1 to be lost. Either way... dying to find out!

And everything feels so unreal now, as I'm sure it will throughout the first trimester.

+Quote Post
Michelina
post May 18 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #87

Hardcore BUSTie

I can't wait for Tuesday! So excited for you!

+Quote Post
zelda
post May 18 2011, 08:33 PM
Post #88

Hardcore BUSTie

So exciting! Christine, something is telling me it's twins...OMG! What if I'm right?!?

It will feel unreal for a while, but that's why you have 9 months to get used to the idea. SO EXCITED!

May I recommend the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy? So good!

+Quote Post
Cristine
post May 18 2011, 02:52 PM
Post #89

Hardcore BUSTie

Tuesday is the big day! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Michelina
post May 18 2011, 12:47 PM
Post #90

Hardcore BUSTie

Woo hoo, Cristine! My beta was 3600 at the same time! Excellent news! Do you have an appointment for your first ultrasound yet?

+Quote Post
Cristine
post May 18 2011, 10:15 AM
Post #91

Hardcore BUSTie

My hcg was at 3,738 as of yesterday, so it has more than doubled every 2 days! Yay!! My first appointment is next Tuesday morning, I'm pretty excited and I'd just be devastated if anything went wrong at this point. Mr. C is still in total disbelief.

+Quote Post
Cristine
post May 16 2011, 09:22 AM
Post #92

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks cat!

So my hcg went up to 815 on Friday from 379 on Wednesday. They want me to go back tomorrow and if everything looks good I'll have my appointment next week. My progesterone is 72.8, which they said is good but all I've been able to find is 9-47 in 1st tri & 17-147 in 2nd tri. I guess being a little high isn't bad??

+Quote Post
catsoup
post May 15 2011, 01:45 PM
Post #93

Sarcasm is the refuge of losers.

Congratulations, Cristine!!!!

My first symptom was sore boobs. My nausea/vomiting didn't start until about week 8 so enjoy your lack of symptoms. laugh.gif

I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow! Where has time gone?! The first trimester was sooooo long and the second one flew by. I'm really enjoying being pregnant, much more than I ever thought I would, and can't believe my due date is less than two months away. This will sound completely ridiculous, but it's so easy to forget that at the end of this we get a baby.

Any ideas for a gift to get some friends who are throwing me a baby shower next weekend? I'd like to get them something small to show my appreciation for them throwing the shower but I can't come up with any ideas.

+Quote Post
Cristine
post May 14 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #94

Hardcore BUSTie

Zelda, the way I told Mr. C left little room to be excited... however, he responded perfectly. I woke him up and said "it's a really light line but the test says I'm pregnant" and he stopped me from going on by kissing me. I was already blaming the test for misleading me, it was hilarious! He's still pretty cautious about getting too excited though.

My symptoms feel like they could totally be normal non-pregnancy things like constipation, sense of smell and tiredness! The worst thing is that my breasts are incredibly sensitive, and the past 3 mornings they have been pretty sore when I wake up. Honestly, every day that goes by with no period is what makes me happy... and without that, I really wouldn't know with any certainty that I'm pregnant! wink.gif

+Quote Post
zelda
post May 13 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #95

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm so glad you got it checked by your doctor and now there is no question. You're PREGNANT!!!

I had hardly any symptoms. I remember at 11 weeks telling my OB, "If you didn't tell me I was pregnant, I would never know." She said, "You're lucky!"

The only thing I had was raging insomnia which made me cuckoo for a week or so....but that is pretty rare. Most mamas to be are just dead tired.

By the way, if you do get insomnia or can't sleep because you are just so excited, don't worry. Insomnia can't affect the baby. Wish I had known that as it probably would have helped me sleep!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, CHRISTINE!!!

What did Mr. C say? OMG, what if it's twins??? :-)

+Quote Post
Cristine
post May 12 2011, 11:40 AM
Post #96

Hardcore BUSTie

The first thing I noticed, other than cramps, was my heightened sense of smell... however, since it didn't make me nauseous I just thought it was a coincidence.

And in answer to your question, I am very curious if there's more than one right now. wink.gif

My doctor's office said 379 just means I'm pregnant and they want to see it double every 2 days, I was hoping they could let me know if that was average, below average, really good??? So I go in again on Friday for HCG & progesterone tests.

I'm still happy as a clam, way less worried than I had expected!

+Quote Post
Michelina
post May 12 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #97

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh Cristine, that's a fantastic number!!! I believe my number at the same time was roughly the same, and I had two beans at that time! You are definitely pregnant!

How are you feeling? Any different? If you're not feeling different, don't freak out. It doesn't mean a thing. Zelda and I can definitely speak to that!

+Quote Post
Cristine
post May 12 2011, 08:39 AM
Post #98

Hardcore BUSTie

379 HCG at 16 dpiui... is that good? I just got a fax and haven't talked to my doctor yet.

+Quote Post
julie124
post May 12 2011, 12:10 AM
Post #99

Hardcore BUSTie

Just popping in to say yay, Cristine! Pregnant yay! Thinking good thoughts for you....

+Quote Post
Cristine
post May 11 2011, 09:28 PM
Post #100

Hardcore BUSTie

It really is like I'm floating around in a dream world right now, it's crazy.

I will probably get the results on Friday since I went to a separate lab for the test.

Just waiting now... smile.gif

+Quote Post

224 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 26, 2014 - 08:40 PM