Piper

Why don't you try Tetrasil
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
scared
post Apr 29 2006, 10:31 PM
Post #5383

BUSTie

I check negative for BV but I still Smell. I am trying Clindeesse tonight If that does not work I will Try the Tetrasil I did not want to try it because all my testes was negative but I should at least test out what I recommend. Wish me luck.

+Quote Post
scared
post Apr 29 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #5384

BUSTie

I am glad to see that the Tetrasil work for you. Good luck.

+Quote Post
nygirl
post Apr 29 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #5385

BUSTie

Well Ladies I have GREAT news to report. I wanted to wait a week just to see how things were going. But whoever it was that recommended the Tetrasil I owe u SOOOOO much. I ordered it online from their website. I think it was like 20 something dollars. Someone on here said it was very messy but I did not find that AT ALL. It comes in a tube and I waited until I had my period to use it because I figured that was already messy so the tetrasil couldn't have been worse than that. Well every time I changed my tampon I squeezed some tetrasil from the tube on top of the plastic tampon applicator to kind of fill up the tip of it. I then inserted the tampon as normal. Well My period ended on Monday and I have had ONE count this ONE day of discharge and I believe that was just my normal discharge that I usually have. Today I have been out all day long and don't even have a pantyliner on!!! I have NEVER been without a pantyliner one day since I was about 15 years old because I usually have a lot of discharge even without the BV. I am now 32yrs old. Well anyway I don't know how long this is going to last but I can say right now I am SOOOOO happy with these results. I have had sex twice this week and still nothing. But I am now using condoms. I will REFUSE to have sex without a condom anymore because this is what caused this in the first place.

Well ladies I'm not sure how many of you have tried tetrasil but it worked for me so far. I am also going to continue to take the acidophilus everyday though. Good Luck!

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Apr 29 2006, 03:52 PM
Post #5386

Hardcore BUSTie

Has anyone here ever ordered Metro Gel online without a prescription before? Did you actually GET the medicine?
I'm ready to order, but I'd like a little reassurance from someone, first!
Please, no advice on "not" using prescription meds or douches...to each their own, I reckon!
Thanks!

+Quote Post
kritty8
post Apr 29 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #5387

Hello! I'm new to the forum and I could use some advice on antibiotics. I have done everything but that. I also wondered if anyone has used boric acid as a treatment. I am so irritated w/this whole ordeal. I can't believe that there is a spot to gripe about this :-)

+Quote Post
sassy
post Apr 29 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #5388

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah, thats what I thought they would be, jewels. Ugh, that tindazole was bad stuff for you. Yikes. I'm on amoxilcillan for an ear infection right now and it's giving me really bad stomach problems just like the flagyl does to me.

I really hate being a girl..........I wish I had a penis sometimes.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Apr 29 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #5389

Hardcore BUSTie

I did research on what the doctor prescribed Shansan77. It is all the same med's that we have all taken, just fancier names. Like for example, Fasigyn is Tindazole, the stuff I had to order online, gave me horrible headaches and can cause Seizures. And it's the 4 pills, once. Took B.V. away every other time I used it.VIBRATAB is a STRONG antibiotic used mostly for Acne. Causes severe side effects. Again, take the antibiotic if that is what you want to do, but if you do not use preventative maintenance, you will be in the same "Fishing" boat as all of us. My first time having b.v., it went away and stayed away for 5 or 6 yrs. Now, it's a never ending battle.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 29 2006, 07:32 AM
Post #5390

Hardcore BUSTie

surfgirl:I hate to say it but a lot of us has tried everything but it still comes back.I hope you won't go through hell like we do.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Apr 29 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #5391

Hardcore BUSTie

surfgirl...we have all had COUNTLESS prescriptions. BV comes back regardless. I hope yours will not, but it has not been the case for the ladies on this board.

+Quote Post
surfgirl
post Apr 28 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #5392

I have some sort of idea what caused my BV, but am not 100% sure. About 1 year ago I had just been through a year of unprotected sex with my boyfriend when we noticed a cottage cheese like discharge when he pulled out. I'm not sure it was the sex that did it, because it took a year for this symptom to even show itself.
A few days after we noticed the discharge, I started itching and drying out. It was SO irritating, but I thought it would go away on its own. WRONG.
A few months later the itch was gone, but the discharge was still rearing its ugly head, so I treated myself with a yeast infection and took Monistat, which of course did absolutely nothing but cause annoyance at the goop constantly coming out of me.
A few months later the cottage cheesy discharge turned watery and accompanied a smell that could wake the dead. That was when I said enough is enough. I can deal with a little discharge, but that smell wasnt something i'd even wish upon an enemy.
I went to the gynecologist who tested me for yeast. negative. STDs. also negative. So she said "it must be BV" and gave me a prescription for metro-gel vaginal.
The odor cleared up that same day and the discharge is gone. I just finished my last treatment 2 days ago and suffer from a little bit of itching and dryness and some "wet tissue paper" like discharge/residue. I was a little freaked about this but found a forum dedicated to women who found this discharge and turns out its a very common thing with metro-gel. So now I wait and see, but so far so good.
Ladies I HIGHLY suggest you just go see your doctor and let them fill in a prescription for you. I wish I had done it MONTHS ago and saved myself a lot of embarassment.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Apr 28 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #5393

Hardcore BUSTie

I dont know exactly what pills those are but in almost every study, treating your partner does not make a difference...it didn't in my case. Also, I have taken a diflucan through my anti-biotic use and that too did nothing.

What are those pills you were prescribed?

+Quote Post
shansan77
post Apr 28 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #5394

Hey all. I have suffered from BV for the past 15 months straight. I was treated with Metro gel, Metro pills,douches,and some other stuff. Anyway, all of my doctors in the US said that they wouldn't treat my boyfriend, even though I had been having the problem ever since we started having sex.
So, I moved to Europe,and my first appointment with my gyno was my last.
This is what she prescribed me:
VIBRATAB: 2 THE FIRST MORNING, 1 IN THE EVENING FOR THE NEXT 8 DAYS

THEN AFTER THOSE ARE FINISHED, in the same day take:
DIFLUCAN 1 GEL MORNING
FASIGYN 4 GEL IN EVENING

Both my boyfriend and I took the entire cycle. We continued having sex as normal, and I have been without symptoms for well over a month. I have had BV CONSTANTLY for over a year. So, my immediate thought is that the difference is that he was treated. Also, the follow up pills (Diflucan) prevent you from getting a yeast infection.

Let me know what you think.

* The only thing I have changed is I went off the pill, and we use condoms now, but we have had unprotected sex too.. so I don't know if that's relevent or not to the BV.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Apr 28 2006, 12:04 AM
Post #5395

Hardcore BUSTie

Am I the only one here whose BV can come back without even having sex? I have been single before during treatment and it still comes back in like a week. That's why using something before and after sex only doesn't work for me. I'm not sure why I'm like that though.

Ugh, and to make matters worse...I have an ear infection and am taking antibiotics for that now.

+Quote Post
alwaysonmymind
post Apr 27 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #5396

BUSTie

Jewels and Hjvhjv so when you girls have time can you give me your exact regimen. I want to print it and save it for the future.

+Quote Post
piper
post Apr 27 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #5397

Hi Scared :-) I actually have used the clindesse before, three times. It just really is hard when I can't get to the preventative maintenance because I can't get rid of the BV in the first place. Right now I'm on my third day of douching with the baking soda. It is going really well. The BV seems to be gone, although it could be becase I'm washing the discharge (which is the irritant) out once a day. My gyno (after she heard the metrogel did not work) told me instead of douching once every three days for 5 times, to do it once a day for five days. I bought a douche at the store and make it myself every night. Just a teaspoon of baking soda and a glass of room temp water. I don't agree with douching either, but I've read from lots of natural medicine websites that if it's advised by a doctor and made with natural ingredients, it's not always a bad thing. I'll keep you all posted on how it works! Chin up everyone..

+Quote Post
scared
post Apr 26 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #5398

BUSTie

Hi girls

Piper

Ask your GYN to give you Clindessse another treatment for BV Metro gel doen not work for everyone. I don't reccomend douching but if you do follow bellow you can find what to do this help with all infcetion even BV.

1.Eat yogurt. Buy the kind with the least amount of additives and make sure it has active cultures. Not only will it help your current infection, but studies show that eating yogurt regularly may help stave off infection in the first place.

2.Take acidophilus. Use as directed on the label and take on an empty stomach. It will help restore normal bacterial flora and control yeast growth.

3.Decrease or eliminate sugar. Avoid sweets of all kinds, including fruits, refined carbohydrates and sugary foods. Yeast feeds on sugar, so you want to cut off its food supply.

4.Decrease or eliminate alcohol, all fermented products, mushrooms, yeast and yeast-containing foods. This is to keep any more fungi from entering your system.

5.Use garlic as a suppository. Peel a garlic clove, wrap it in sterile gauze, lubricate it with vegetable oil and insert it into the vagina. Leave a piece of the gauze sticking out so you can locate it easily. Change the suppository every 12 hours. Garlic has powerful anti-fungal properties.

6. Make your own douches. Use herbs such as calendula, goldenseal, marshmallow root or yarrow. Make a strong tea using one or more of these herbs. Douche twice daily for a week.

7.Apply a tea-tree-oil cream to irritated and inflamed areas. It's effective against fungal infections, herpes blisters and other types of infection.

8.Use garlic juice and acidophilus as a douche. Mix two capsules of garlic or fresh garlic juice with a quart of warm water and use as a douche. Alternate with an acidophilus douche made by mixing two capsules of acidophilus in a quart of warm water.

9. Bathe with vinegar to relieve symptoms. Fill the tub about hip deep with warm water and add 1/2 c. vinegar. Soak with legs apart until water cools.

10. Take vitamin C. This will help build up your immune system.

11. Use garlic capsules to fight the infection, or try colloidal silver. It has antibiotic properties that reduce inflammation and promote healing.

12. Take biotin. It helps inhibit the growth of yeast.

Read this

Treatment for BV infection usually involves a seven-day course of the antibiotic metronidazole (Flagylâ„¢). This drug is not recommended for use in the first trimester of pregnancy because no human studies have proven its safety. Side effects can include nausea, decreased appetite, and a metallic taste in the mouth. Treatment clears up most cases of BV infections, but the disease can recur in up to 80% of women within nine months. One reason for the high recurrence rate may be the failure of the protective bacteria to
become reestablished in the vagina.

Vitamin C applied vaginally has the ability to increase the acidity of the vagina, potentially inhibiting the growth of bacteria associated with BV. The new study investigated the effect of intravaginal administration of vitamin C in 91 women with BV. The women were assigned to receive either a placebo or 250 mg of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) per day for six days. The participants were instructed to insert one tablet vaginally each night before bed. The presence of BV and related symptoms was assessed at the beginning of the study, and one and two weeks after the treatment was discontinued.

One week after treatment, BV infections had resolved in significantly more women who received vitamin C than in those women who took the placebo. Fishy odor and the numbers of harmful bacteria and bacteria-laden cells decreased significantly in the group receiving vitamin C compared with the placebo group. Lactobacillus concentrations increased significantly after treatment with vitamin C, indicating a positive change in the flora of the vagina. In addition, significantly more women in the vitamin C group than in the placebo group had an increase in vaginal acidity, indicating that vitamin C produced an environment less suitable for the growth of harmful bacteria. There were no significant differences between groups with respect to vaginal itching and discharge.

The vitamin C used in this study was a time-release formulation designed to provide extended contact of the vitamin with the vaginal tissue and to reduce irritation. Vitamin C treatment was generally well tolerated; two cases of yeast infections were the only adverse events reported. Buffered forms of vitamin C would not have the same effect as the acidic form used in this study. In addition, many vitamin C preparations contain binders and fillers that may render the product unsuitable for intravaginal use. Consulting with a healthcare professional trained in nutritional medicine is advisable before starting treatment.

Intravaginal vitamin C should be considered for the treatment of BV, especially in pregnant women who may not be able to safely take a prescription medication. Pregnant women should always consult with a medical professional before taking any medications or supplements.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Apr 25 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #5399

Hardcore BUSTie

neverending: I found it at the grocery store in the health food section. We both use it before we do oral. I only use it if I do oral and we are going to have sex right after. You may be able to buy it online also

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Apr 25 2006, 10:07 PM
Post #5400

Hardcore BUSTie

Thank You, Honey! The Goddess(es) are surely smiling upon thee...

NYGirl: Yes, it's the same medicine...same manufacturer.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 268 269 270 271 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 28, 2014 - 06:36 AM