Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 238 239 240 241 242 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
sassy
post Oct 12 2006, 05:11 AM
Post #4781

Hardcore BUSTie

pepper--I understand where you're coming from but I think a lot of girls, inluding myself, do not want to get lectured on using some non-antibiotic to help an infection.

Pympmama--I don't know if those symptoms are related to boric acid. I don't remember reading anything about throat problems or white splotches. I know me and Jewels have rashes, but they itch so I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe they will both go away with the antibiotic.

Thanks to everybody about the abnormal pap reassurance. I find out today or tomorrow how everything went. I know this is off the BV topic a bit, but how long did you guys have bleeding after a cervical biopsy (those that had one)? It's been two days and I'm still bleeding and I wondered if that was okay. It's not really heavy but it is enough to be annoying.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pepper
post Oct 12 2006, 12:25 AM
Post #4782

what the fuck is with you girls and the not telling your doc about the boric acid? how the HELL can they advise you if you don't give them the whole picture?!? doctors are supposed to be impartial health practitioners and while i realise that they are only human they are actually there to help you out. give them a chance to do that by telling them what you've been up to, for heaven's sake. why even go if you aren't going to tell them everything? it's useless. like going for therapy and only talking about stuff that doesn't actually bug you.

sorry for the rant but REALLY! none of us are doctors but We get the whole story. fess to the one person who might actually be able to help.

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Oct 11 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #4783

BUSTie

Hey you guys I have been having problems with white splotches on my arms since I started the boric acid. They don't itch. I have also been having a problems with my throat. I have only been on the boric acid for about a 8weeks. One suppository a night. Can we be slowly posioning ourselves. I had to go to the doctor about my throat and he gave me antibotics. He said it was nothing but I did not tell him about the boric acid. Can someone tell their doctor about the boric acid and see what they say.....It did not occur to me that my throat tightness could be correlated to the BA. huh.gif

+Quote Post
pepper
post Oct 11 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #4784

i've had an abnormal pap. it's usually nothing, just what is says "abnormal" which could mean anything but they like to check it out to be safe.
really, it could just be that they didn't get a good enough sample, something else got on the swab, etc etc. nothing to panic about AT ALL. don't fret.

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Oct 11 2006, 09:30 PM
Post #4785

BUSTie

No more fiance for me. Caught his ass cheating. So, we are through.
[/quote]

I should have said this sooner, but for what it's worth I'm sorry. It must be rough but if we can all withstand "the fish" as you called it then a good for nothing fiance hopefully wont be too bad. Anyway my sympathies. I may be on the verge of becoming single again for the first time in a year. Stay strong and it'll all be over soon.

And to everyone else - you can add me to the list of abnormal pap have-ers. I've actually had a few but the docs chock it up to complications from the bv...

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 11 2006, 04:04 PM
Post #4786

Hardcore BUSTie

Eralc Alegna:
I was against using hormonal birth control for a few reasons but if that could help me i might be willing to put some weight on again.
*I did gain 1 pound since being on birth control so I'm going to get TRIMSPA X32 today to see if that will help keep weight off.

Neverending, be sure to let us know if the pill keeps the infection away or not.
*I will keep everyone posted.So far so good!

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Oct 11 2006, 10:42 AM
Post #4787

BUSTie

QUOTE(fedup @ Oct 10 2006, 03:01 PM) *

I DO NOT want to pass this mess along to my future husband when the time comes for us to stop using the condoms. This is so depressing.

Also, I was wondering does sugar and caffeine make it worse? I'm not eating any sugar or drinking any coffee for a while to experiment a little. I bought some decaf, so we'll see what happens.

Diet is linked on a certain level. I've read lots of stuff saying to abstain from sugar, alcohol, yeast etc. I've been planning/trying to start a raw food diet for a while now, I'm sure my poor dietary habits are at least partially to blame. Plus I'm still convinced that I just have some sort of bacteria overgrowth due to my breakouts. The raw food diet is also a detox diet so I'm hoping to just flush as much shit out as I can (literally!).

Don't worry about passing it to your husband. I've had boyfriends treated on the off chance we might be passing the infection, but they could only MAYBE carry it. Men don't get infected. It never helped me having my partner treated anyway.

I had given up on doctors recently but now I kinda want to go back to have my hormones checked out. I was against using hormonal birth control for a few reasons but if that could help me i might be willing to put some weight on again. Neverending, be sure to let us know if the pill keeps the infection away or not

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 10 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #4788

Hardcore BUSTie

I've been tested for all STD's and have no signs of HPV so I'm pretty sure that isn't the reason for the pap abnormality. That said, I got my biopsy today and she only had to take one sample because it was such a small area of abnormality so hopefully things are cool now.

+Quote Post
klee
post Oct 10 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #4789

BUSTie

Haven't been here for a bit but wanted to say to Sassy that abnormal paps are...kinda normal? I've had them, had colposcopys (biopsies) and many of my friends have too. None of them use boric acid though and I didn't either until recently.

I'm 31 and never had an abnormal until I was 23 so don't worry that you've never had one before...I mean, you started getting paps what, 3 years ago?? It's something to be aware of and as long as you continue getting regular paps then your gyno can make sure your cells don't become cancerous. You probably should discuss HPV with your gyno though.

+Quote Post
fedup
post Oct 10 2006, 01:44 PM
Post #4790

QUOTE(neverending @ Oct 10 2006, 09:46 AM) *

Well ladies, I started the birth control Sunday and you know what? THE SMELL AND DISCHARGE IS GONE(I KID YOU NOT).Will I have to be on birth control the rest of my life to keep these symptoms away? I knew this shit was hormone related. sad.gif It's just sad I had to go through this for 4 1/2 years to figure it out.

I'm on birth control and still have it! Maybe If I stop taking it, it might make it go away!!???? It is so hard dealing with this crap for 12 years. I feel like it's never going to be over. I ordered the boric acid suppositories and will start those tonight. Hopefully, that will make it stop. I DO NOT want to pass this mess along to my future husband when the time comes for us to stop using the condoms. This is so depressing.

Also, I was wondering does sugar and caffeine make it worse? I'm not eating any sugar or drinking any coffee for a while to experiment a little. I bought some decaf, so we'll see what happens.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 10 2006, 12:24 PM
Post #4791

Hardcore BUSTie

Neverending: That's so weird. Consider yourself lucky, though. I had BV both before I started birth control and now that I'm taking it. I wish it was that easy for me!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 10 2006, 07:29 AM
Post #4792

Hardcore BUSTie

Well ladies, I started the birth control Sunday and you know what? THE SMELL AND DISCHARGE IS GONE(I KID YOU NOT).Will I have to be on birth control the rest of my life to keep these symptoms away? I knew this shit was hormone related. sad.gif It's just sad I had to go through this for 4 1/2 years to figure it out.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 10 2006, 04:15 AM
Post #4793

Hardcore BUSTie

Mine looks exactly like bug bites, too. That's what I thought it was until I developed them everywhere on my left leg and only a few on my right leg...weird, huh? I've been putting some cream on them that I got from my dermatologist about 6-months ago for some dry skin. It helps a little but as soon as the old ones start fading away, a new one appears. They are very raised, red bumps and some are peeling a bit.

Mine itch too. I'm planning on going to the doctor as soon as I get this biopsy business taken care of and get some free time in my schedule.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 9 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #4794

Hardcore BUSTie

Sassy, what does your rash look like? Mine looks like bumps, red, welts, and they itch. And if I scratch they get worse, and open up, but nothing is in them. Sortof like a bug bite. And under the rash, my skin is really red.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 9 2006, 08:53 PM
Post #4795

Hardcore BUSTie

Jewels...I would have mentioned it sooner but I actually just found out that info last week. I didn't even connect it until I developed a rash of my own on my legs. I don't know.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 9 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #4796

Hardcore BUSTie

Another thing. If I am having a rash from this, why did it take a month to show itself, and I've been off it for 2 weeks but its still getting worse. And it's in localized areas. My forehead, my arms from my elbow down to my wrist, and in between my boobs. I thought I was getting it on my legs, but there's nothing there. And nothing on my stomach or near the kitty. So, maybe I'm wrong about the rash.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 9 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #4797

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, I wished you would have said something sooner. I've had this rash since August, and I've mentioned it alot on here and nobody responded. It's evident, that's what mine is from after reading more of it. I haven't used the Boric now for over 2 weeks, but my rash is so bad, it's not even funny. I'm sure I'm not overdosing on it, my body is just having an alergic reaction to it. I go to the doctor on Wed. so I guess I'll have to tell them about the Boric and the can let me know if that is what's wrong with me. Here's what I found on the boric...

Side Effects:
Stop taking your medicine right away and talk to your doctor if you have any of the following side effects. Your medicine may be causing these symptoms which may mean you are allergic to it.

Breathing problems or tightness in your throat or chest
Chest pain
Skin hives, rash, or itchy or swollen skin

Other Side Effects:
You may have the following side effects, but this medicine may also cause other side effects. Tell your doctor if you have side effects that you think are caused by this medicine.

Boric Acid can cause upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach pain (8,10,11)
Call your doctor if you feel weak, tired, dizzy, or are not thinking clearly. These symptoms can occur when Boric Acid is taken for a long time or if you are taking too much of it

+Quote Post
latinrican
post Oct 9 2006, 06:11 PM
Post #4798

BUSTie

Hey ladies... I had a mild sinus infection today and I went to my general doctor. After she prescribed my sinus meds, I asked her for her opinion on BV. I told her I've been diagnosed with it for over a year and a half and that the meds the gyno prescribed me only worked for couple of weeks and the BV would appear again. She told me that when any patients come to her and they are diagnosed with it...she doesnt prescribe them anything at all. She says that anytime you take meds...it will mess with your PH and basically goes through a cycle where it would just appear again. She stated to just bear with it and it would go away. She said to make sure my partner uses a condom at all times. Wellllllll... in my situation, I can't stand the smell of it so I know I can't just "bear wit it." I guess I'll just have to keep sticking to the Boric
Acid. (I didnt tell her about the BA either)

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 9 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #4799

Hardcore BUSTie

RASHES! Uhm, I think it's time for me to lay off the boric acid for a while.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 9 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #4800

Hardcore BUSTie

Jewels...I work at a hospital (doing a public relations internship) and I get bored and look through the medical encyclopedia online. Anyway, a symptom of boric acid overdose includes rashes and blisters. I have had a rash on both of my legs for the past couple of weeks and they are just now starting to go away since I've been laying off the boric acid. What do you think...I know you've had a rash? I don't think it means we're overdosing...I just think maybe the boric acid could have caused our rashes.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 238 239 240 241 242 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
10 User(s) are reading this topic (10 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 28, 2014 - 09:53 AM