Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whatever IT is!...the ebay thread
auralpoison
post Oct 4 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #41

Big Fat Bitch

So I guess I know what I'm going to do with the thirty year old thrashed Levis I found in the basement.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lananans
post Oct 4 2008, 10:15 AM
Post #42

Hardcore BUSTie

That is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. I could make those jeans, take some scissors to them, and go romp around in the dirt. TA DA!

+Quote Post
vixen_within
post Oct 3 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #43

Hardcore BUSTie

Kids these days...I don't know when I lost track of fashion, but these jeans Whaaaaat?
are going for over $900, and the bids are still coming in - with 6 days to go!

--------------------
you cannot erase the reality of me

+Quote Post
lananans
post Oct 2 2008, 02:14 PM
Post #44

Hardcore BUSTie

Yay AP!!

I got my ipod in the mail today... thank goodness, I was getting worried.

+Quote Post
vixen_within
post Oct 1 2008, 07:47 PM
Post #45

Hardcore BUSTie

Haha! The glory! I've had my eye on these http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A:IT&ih=015 but i don't think I'll bid on them. I love their rotund quaintness.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 30 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #46

Big Fat Bitch

Huzzah! All hail the conquerer AP! Ten pairs of most excellent vintage eyeglasses will be shipped to me tomorrow!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 30 2008, 05:15 PM
Post #47

Big Fat Bitch

Fuck me! I'm in a bidding war! I am NOT giving up until I get my shit! It started at $19.99 & is now up to $102.03!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lananans
post Sep 30 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #48

Hardcore BUSTie

good luck!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 30 2008, 02:52 PM
Post #49

Big Fat Bitch

I am engaging in my first foray into eBay today. Wish me luck!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lananans
post Sep 30 2008, 09:09 AM
Post #50

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks.. the seller says that he sent it, so I guess it'll get hee nay day now!

+Quote Post
vixen_within
post Sep 29 2008, 11:30 PM
Post #51

Hardcore BUSTie

To add to what Ululah said, I don't know about the States, but 'Expediated' Canada Post items are tracked when they're shipped within Canada, but not going to the states - so an American buyer will see that the "electronic shipping info" was received, but the message won't change even after it's been shipped.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ululah
post Sep 29 2008, 07:48 PM
Post #52

BUSTie

"Electronic shipping info received" just means that a label was printed out. It doesn't mean the package was shipped; it could still be sitting in the guy's house with the USPS label on it.

Alternately, it could have been shipped as you were told but the post office didn't scan it. They don't scan every package with a label, so it might show up at your door tomorrow but still say "Electronic shipping info received" online. HTH!

+Quote Post
lananans
post Sep 29 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #53

Hardcore BUSTie

So.. question for those of you a wee bit more experienced with ebay..

I bought an ipod from this guy who had good ratings, and then I got an email saying that USPS had received the electronic shipping info... but it isn't recognizing that it has been shipped. I emailed the guy asking about it and he said it was shipped the day it was paid for.

It's probably just a mix-up, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this?

+Quote Post
lananans
post Sep 23 2008, 07:37 AM
Post #54

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks for the advice vixen! I got an email about that and was thinking I might list some things later... keyword later, as I just quit one terrible job yesterday and am on my way to an interview for a second.

I'll let you know if I do!!

+Quote Post
vixen_within
post Sep 22 2008, 03:19 PM
Post #55

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey Lananans (and any other canadian ebayers), they're having a listing fee reduction day tomorrow. The details are here.
http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/PROMO5C0923/

It's basically 5 cents to list any item, the only stipulation is that you have to indicate the shipping cost within the "Give buyers shipping details" section of the auction. This is a pain in the ass for Canadians and I've accidentally under-charged on shipping many many times. Items that are over 2 cm thick qualify as parcels in Canada and have varying rates. Even when I've used the little pamphlet they publish with their rates, I've been surprised at the post office. Some different things that might help (I'm writing this mostly for Canadians, but might help others too):

-getting a small electronic scale (goodwill sometimes has them. check craigslist. you can get them on ebay too - the cheapest i have seen there is about $25) & measuring tape and checking items against the Canada Post website: http://www.canadapost.ca/Personal/Tools/RC/Canada.aspx
consider the size and weight of packaging too

-using ebay's shipping calculator in your listings once you have the correct weight, measurements, and shipping method for your items. I don't use this because I just don't trust it not to make mistakes.

or

- calculating a flat rate for your region (for me there's a difference, but not much to ship to places within Quebec and Ontario), and one for the rest of the country, u.s.a., and internationally. This means you might be out of pocket sometimes by few dollars or cents, but it makes things less confusing for the buyer.

or

-using Canada Post's Flat Rate boxes. These are only available for use on ebay and you have to print your shipping labels through ebay or paypal. http://pages.ebay.ca/flatratebox/index.html
I ordered a few of these boxes, but I haven't had a reason to use them yet. They are only really practical if you're shipping heavy items that would definitely cost more otherwise - so not clothing. Books are good, heavy collectibles..most magazines don't fit unless you put them in diagonally.

-it's sometimes cheaper to send multiple thin items (cds) in separate packages, than as one large, over 2cm, package.

-definitely do a search and see what other Canadians are charging for shipping items like yours

-allow yourself a modest handling fee for packaging if you can't get it for free. This also offsets your flat rate estimates. Also - be creative about packaging. I don't use post office issued bubble envelopes & plastic envelopes, I make my own. For beautiful, waterproof wrapping, my secret is the dollar and discount store plastic table cloth. Not the vinyl, textured kind (labelling doesn't stick) the flat kind. Use at least two layers to protect and conceal your packages. Use a good quality sticky tape to seal them. They come in pretty patterns, I think they are great. Underneath, I use tissue paper and/or bubble wrap all around the item.

Okay that's all I got.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vixen_within
post Sep 20 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #56

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lananans @ Sep 14 2008, 05:35 PM) *
vixen -- not as of yet, haven't had a chance to go thrifting yet... I do want to get started though. What about you?

I haven't either, I made an etsy profile though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lananans
post Sep 18 2008, 09:19 AM
Post #57

Hardcore BUSTie

I tried to go thrifting yesterday. THe bus didn't run to where I wanted to go, and I got sketched out as I got closer and closer to the thrift store. If I go I want to do it in a car, so I can have a quick getaway.... Also, the bus only runs to the one store I was trying to get to 'during rush hour', and it was most definitely the middle of the day.

Oh well.

+Quote Post
lananans
post Sep 14 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #58

Hardcore BUSTie

vixen -- not as of yet, haven't had a chance to go thrifting yet... I do want to get started though. What about you?

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Sep 12 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #59

the moistiest

no! wait!! i didn't get a chance to get through the threads today!! me likey!! i'll PM you....

+Quote Post
vixen_within
post Sep 12 2008, 08:34 PM
Post #60

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey Catlady I see you posting around but no response, so I think it's safe to say you're not interested. I'm going to go ahead and schedule this for my auctions this weekend then.

Lananans I forgot to ask you, are you going ahead with trying etsy?

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 30, 2014 - 10:12 PM