Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 202 203 204 205 206 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
anitsirhc
post Mar 30 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #4061

Hardcore BUSTie

hello ladies. my bv is back completely. i was doing the hp for a while and it was making it not so bad, but since it didn't work completely i got discouraged and stopped and so yeah now it's really bad. so i'm probably gonna go to my doctor and get some flagyl, but i have a question. jewels i remember you said the 500mg might be too much, so i was thinking if you just cut the 500mg pill in half that could work and just be 250mg right? i know it's a kind of a dumb question but i figured i'd ask. i'll let you know what happens when i go to the doctor and after i put the flagyl in.

vaginas suck!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 30 2007, 12:02 AM
Post #4062

Hardcore BUSTie

Well ladies, I got 2 months out of using Flagyl vaginally. Had sex last weekend, and I started smelling something last night. I broke up 2 (200 mg) of Flagyl and put it in a Gel Cap, and it worked. The smell is gone tonight.

I haven't however used anything else as preventative, however, looks as though I might get a prescription of the Aci-jel that you all are talking about.

I plan on going to the doctor to get something to help me quit smoking. I hear there's a prescription you can now get that will help me quit smoking. So, maybe once I do that, I can fully get rid of this.

Also, I think another problem was, I'm not sure my boyfriend showered before I went over there, and I did oral on him before we had sex. Obviously, I know that's a no-no, but, it had been a long time, and I just went stupid crazy.

I think this is why the B.V. came back, but, I now have a "Temporary" cure, that I think, along with preventative, might be it for me.

Anyways, just wanted to give an update.

SASSY, ARE YOU STILL AROUND??

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Mar 29 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #4063

BUSTie

[quote name='NotCatEyed' date='Mar 29 2007, 04:16 PM' post='144604']
What about acid gel alone without antibiotics? I am going to look for the acid gel at walgreens today because I really need a cure before I take off for China in May. [quote}

Just a couple of notes on Aci-jel (the trade name for the acidic vaginal gel): I don't think it is very effective in treating a *current* BV infection, although I can't say it would be impossible. Last year, I did run across a study that was done using it alone, and as I recall it *did* seem to at least put a dent in the infection. But I am more inclined to advocate its use as a preventive measure. It's all about pH. If it is acidic enough, the bacteria involved in BV cannot thrive. Although it is possible for some species of Candida (yeast) to grow in an acidic environment, they will not flourish. So Aci-jel can help prevent BOTH BV and yeast infection.
I believe that although Walgreen's can readily obtain Aci-jel, it is not over-the-counter, and will require a prescription. If you read a previous post by Eralc Alegna, she said: "The Wal-Greens website, however, lets you request a prescription online. All I did was put in my doctor's contact info and they called her to get a script. I did it yesterday and picked it up today."

I hope this indeed helps you prevent future infections....it is really good for maintenance once you get an active infection under control.

Cheers!
Maggie C.

+Quote Post
NotCatEyed
post Mar 29 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #4064

Thanks Eralc Alegna!! I know I'm a newbie and it was a lot to ask for anyone to review what has been being talked about for so long. I have been skimming through the posts, but I didn't want to miss something important and thought reiteration might be good, so I really appreciate your review.
I tried boric acid a few years back and after 2 weeks of worse DC than I had before, I gave up. I have done the HP rinses, with some luck, but only temporary results. which is ok.
MFC10, you've also awakened me to the fact that I am probably not going to find a cure-all, but should be thinking about ways to keep maintaining day to day. I'm notorious for starting a good treatment and not sticking to it, so your stick-to-itiveness will be inspirational.

In the past I've been reluctant to take any more drugs, just as a general principle, after doctors have helped me so little.... but I guess antibiotics have worked for some, while taken along with acid gel? What about acid gel alone without antibiotics? I am going to look for the acid gel at walgreens today because I really need a cure before I take off for China in May. Despite my better judgment-(being anti-drug) I also ordered the flagyl which I am excited and nervous to try. So thanks for that suggestion too.

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Mar 29 2007, 02:21 AM
Post #4065

BUSTie

Thank you MFC10... I got the ace gel two days ago and I have been using it mornings and bed time.... The smell is gone... Thank goodness..... The estriol did not work for me.. I tried it for 2 months... But this stuff seems to be working..... I will keep you guys posted on how everything goes....

Thanks again MFC tongue.gif it was as easy as you said to get from walgreens. I ordered it on sunday had it on monday and it was 10 dollars
I was starting to loose hope... There are so many on here that have cured themselves and I felt sad that mine didn't seem to even improve.

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Mar 27 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #4066

BUSTie

Thank You mfc10!!

NotCatEyed - If you go back and read through some of the posts (it's a lot I realize) You'll see all the different methods we've tried. Some work, some don't, some just temporarily. Try boric acid suppositories (get the boric at any drug store or pharmacy and empty capsules at a health food store / co-op), hydrogen peroxide douches (the article we found said 30mL held in the vagina for 3 minutes. Do it as needed I guess but the results are spotty and it's akward). Some of us have had success with hormonal therapy i.e. estroil and whatever mfc10 just mentioned she uses, and some of us (ME) have not. A good few have had great results with a flagyl pill inserted vaginally a few times, but watch out for yeast afterwards!
These seem to be most successful/common of everything we've heard of and tried. Good Luck!

+Quote Post
NotCatEyed
post Mar 27 2007, 02:56 AM
Post #4067

Oh, wow. You all are this raddest ladies ever!! I feel so much better knowing I am not the only one. I have been miserably treating my ongoing battle with vaginal infections(both bacterial and yeast) for over 4 years and am so overwhelmed by Dr. Crook and lemon fasts and all these people telling me that I have to give up sugar and beer and sex...and everything nice...because, please, do you think life's worth living without some of those things? And even when I do, I don't get better, and i'm sad.

Stress makes the infections worse for me, so I've been trying to relax and have compassion for myself and this problem... and trying to take probiotics, garlic, echinacha, etc. and not drink/fuck/work out too much because I know they exacerbate...but I say No Absolutes as a policy...and I'm still sick.

I recently was diagnosed with BV by a new Doctor and she recommended soaking a tampon in Hydrogen Peroxide and inserting it vaginally for 3 min. day and night for 3 days. This worked...a little. but, didn't last more than 2 days.

I am planning on traveling soon and I cannot lug around a million damn panty-liners in the freaking woods, I mean I feel so stuck in this regiment of changing my pantyliner every several hours I feel like a fucking toddler. I just want to be discharge-free so bad and if flagyl will work I'm so ready to try. The discount-rx website sounds bad though. Are there any other options(I'm in Northern California)?
So your top picks for BV seem to be flagyl? Acid-Gel? tea tree? which is best? I need the strong stuff.
Sorry to sound whiny, but I've been keeping this a secret from everyone I know for so long I feel like a weight has been lifted already.

much love to the mammas.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Mar 26 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #4068

BUSTie

QUOTE(Eralc Alegna @ Mar 26 2007, 03:15 PM) *
Do you use it during your period? I have two days left of antibiotics and am about to start my period any day now, so I'm just not sure when I should start the aci-jel. Also, how often did you use it when you first started, and how often do you use it now? It says to use it morning and night but I'm wondering if I could get by with less since I just took the meds...

I did use it during my period--to avoid a mess, I put a blob of it on the end of a Q-tip & inserted it that way. I never used very much of it at one time--I never tried the applicator that was in the carton. I just used it once a day when more prone to infection, then maybe three days per week for maintenance. After a few months of being BV-free, I used it 3 times per week for maintenance. All I use now (15 months since last vaginal infection of any kind) is alternating days of Estrace estrogen cream (prescription) and the acidic gel. If I think I might be on the verge of infection, I insert 1/2 tea tree oil suppository per day for a couple days.

Cheers!
Maggie C.

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Mar 26 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #4069

BUSTie

Do you use it during your period? I have two days left of antibiotics and am about to start my period any day now, so I'm just not sure when I should start the aci-jel. Also, how often did you use it when you first started, and how often do you use it now? It says to use it morning and night but I'm wondering if I could get by with less since I just took the meds...

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Mar 25 2007, 05:27 PM
Post #4070

BUSTie

QUOTE(Eralc Alegna @ Mar 25 2007, 12:19 AM) *
this new format is going to take some getting used to....

So I did a search online for aci-jel and the only places i could buy it were in New Zealand and Australia. The Wal-Greens website, however, lets you request a perscription online. All I did was put in my doctors contact info and they called her to get a script. I did it yesterday and picked it up today. FRICKIN AWESOME! the best part is that my new state insurance only has a $3 perscription copay.

Hi again...The Aci-jel may sting a little--its main ingredient is acetic acid (the main component of vinegar)---but if it seems *too* stingy, you can mix it with a blob of regular lubricant (like Slippery Stuff or FemGlide, etc.) and it will still be nearly the nice acidic (between 4.0 & 5.0) pH we want. (I tested the pH after doing that--I am a chemistry teacher at a local college.)
It's a big help--especially after exposing the vagina to alkaline conditions (menstrual blood, semen, etc.)

Bottoms up!
Maggie C. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Mar 24 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #4071

BUSTie

this new format is going to take some getting used to....

So I did a search online for aci-jel and the only places i could buy it were in New Zealand and Australia. The Wal-Greens website, however, lets you request a perscription online. All I did was put in my doctors contact info and they called her to get a script. I did it yesterday and picked it up today. FRICKIN AWESOME! the best part is that my new state insurance only has a $3 perscription copay.

I really hope that since the antibiotics worked this time I can just use the aci-jel and never deal with this again. God I hope so!!! Aci-jel and acidophillus for the rest of my life if I have to. Nothing could be worse.

Ladies this really does sound like the perfect product for all of us, LET YOUR DOCTORS KNOW YOU WANT IT!
If they know a low pH causes BV than why isn't it standard to perscribe this alongside antibiotics?!?!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 24 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #4072

Hardcore BUSTie

deprime: All the websites say that as a precaution. I have never had a problem, and it does come from out of the county. It get's delivered like regular mail. Hopefully, you won't have a problem either.

Had sex today, and NO SMELL!! And, it's been almost a month since the last time I had sex!! I really hope this works for you too deprime!! Because, it's wonderfull to make love, and not worry about the smell. In fact, today was the first time, I didn't even think about it, until we were done. It was then that I realized, there was no smell!!

Life is great! wink.gif

Good luck!!

+Quote Post
deprime
post Mar 24 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #4073

BUSTie

Ok, so I'm going to order off of the site that Jewels posted -- but just a quick question to those of you that have ordered online: (if you're an American like me), have you had problems with US Customs getting this in?

According to the people at this pharmacy, it's legal to import meds. The Customs website says its "restricted", but that it usually gets through (confusing I know.)

Anyway, I'm just anxious to get this stuff ordered and start the regimen -- I have a busy summer coming up, and I don't want it ruined by BV (like my last four summers have been.)

+Quote Post
neverending
post Mar 24 2007, 08:01 AM
Post #4074

Hardcore BUSTie

I liked the other board better!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 22 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #4075

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, I have been lucky, and never had a problem. I know I posted a few sites, but the last one I posted, that had the live person you could talk to, has been the best so far.

I ordered some once about a year ago, and it took a couple of months to get here. That website is gone now.

THANKS, and good luck!!

HEY, WHAT THE HECK DID THEY DO TO OUR BOARD??? HAHAHA

+Quote Post
greeneyyes
post Mar 22 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #4076

BUSTie

QUOTE(deprime @ Mar 22 2007, 10:40 AM) *

Mazal tov, green eyes!!! (And to you too, Jewels!)

Jewels, I know that you posted a link to direct-rx.net as the place where you bought the Flagyl; I'm a little worried about ordering there for myself after having read these customer reviews: http://www.epharmacywatch.com/freeboard/sh...p;Number=157260

GreenEyes, where did you get yours?

deprime: I got mine from my doctor.

+Quote Post
deprime
post Mar 22 2007, 08:23 AM
Post #4077

BUSTie

Mazal tov, green eyes!!! (And to you too, Jewels!)

Jewels, I know that you posted a link to direct-rx.net as the place where you bought the Flagyl; I'm a little worried about ordering there for myself after having read these customer reviews: http://www.epharmacywatch.com/freeboard/sh...p;Number=157260

GreenEyes, where did you get yours?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 21 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #4078

Hardcore BUSTie

Green eyes!! That's great!! I'm still FREE HERE TOO!! No smell what so ever. I'm almost on 2 months now, and no smell!!

CONGRATS!!

+Quote Post
greeneyyes
post Mar 21 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #4079

BUSTie

Hi Ladies,
Just giving an update. I have been bv free for almost 2 weeks now. I inserted generic flagyl 1 a day and was not having good results. I was going on vacation and got desperate and used 2 one night and continued with 1 a night for 2 nights, since then things have been great! I did have a powdery discharge for a couple of days and I think that it is related to the pill form.I can not begin to tell you how free I feel. The true test will be after my peroid. I am waiting on real Flagyl just in case.

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Mar 21 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #4080

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Eralc Alegna @ Mar 20 2007, 11:57 PM) *

So things are still pretty good here. I've been able to go without wearing pads for the first time in more than a year!!! You have no idea how happy I am (well, you all probably do) I hate pads like nothing else...

Only problem is I had sex on Sunday, and now the little bit of discharge I do have is a red/pinkish color. I suppose it's blood since it's been so long since I've had sex, and the HP and various other things I've been using could have irritated me. I hope thats all it is anyway. One week of meds left so hopefully the sex wont effect things and the discharge will thicken/lighten up.

deprime - go back a few pages. someone just posted a link to get it online

minayun - don't know what tetrasil is. If the flagyl hasn't worked yet I'm sorry to tell you it probably wont. If you're haveing pain and burning these are symptoms I've never had, and I don't think any of us have. Odor and discharge are the calling cards of BV. I'm no doctor but this sounds like something else to me. Go back and get a second opinion. We've all had countless experience with doctors who know less about this than we do.

juls - can't help with the sweat, baby powder?

persona - some ladies here have ordered from them i beleive, but not me. I think the site is reputable, but that says nothing about the individual products...

mfc10 - where did yo get the tea tree oil suppositories? Man I want that aci-jel. Why wouldn't they always perscribe that with anti-biotics?

EA I just wanted to congratulate you on not wearing pads anymore. I stopped about two weeks ago and it is not hurting when I pee anymore. Pads/ panty liners are so irritating. I hope you get better soon. Also I still have no smell, this is the longest its been.

Take care,
PG

Welcome Newbies!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 202 203 204 205 206 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 20, 2014 - 08:27 PM