The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 94 95 96 97 98 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
ginger_kitty
post Jul 17 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #1901

Hardcore BUSTie

I saw a woman walking down Main St. in the downtown area of my city, wearing a floral moomoo! I haven't seen a moomoo in years!

(Well I take that back, my mother in law and grandmother in law wear them but only at night in there home, never in public.)

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jul 17 2006, 03:30 PM
Post #1902

Hardcore BUSTie

I was picking my mom up from work today (she works at a hospital). As I was sitting in the car waiting for her a man walked by.

He had a beer belly and man boobs, I knew this for sure because he wasn't wearing a shirt. Then he had on these ugly green shorts with what looked to be a rat tail comb stuck in the side of them. The shorts were just low enough so that some of his lower back/ass hair was starting to peak through. He also had on calf high socks, and black running shoes. Oh, and how could I forget the black mullet?

+Quote Post
ms.gb
post Jul 17 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #1903

Hardcore BUSTie

ok i got one....as we were going to a greek party...i saw this while we were stopped at a light in downtown fullerton.

cute girl but i thought this as a wee bit whacked...

cute flats...
cute green knee length a-line peasant skirt

and then the odd part...

a fluffy-ish peasant cami(?)in white and then she had a big belt on and then a cardigan.

separately..i am sure they would be adorable...together.....she looked like a hollyhocks doll....or something 70's....

--------------------
"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jul 17 2006, 12:28 PM
Post #1904

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

yup, that's it. the stuff you make bath towels out of.

+Quote Post
possum
post Jul 17 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #1905

BUSTie

Errr, what is toweling? Methinks that's what we call terry cloth in the US. smile.gif

Mornington, I'd never heard of Wonderbag... I did a Google search and it looks like they're mainly UK.

Bklyn, I've tried timbuk2 also. I've tried every bag on earth. No matter how I adjust the messenger styles, they still pull my shoulder down after awhile and it aches, and makes me slouch forward, hence making my whole back ache.

I really don't carry a lot; I just can't carry anything on my back for a good length of time without muscles aching. It's mainly an issue on weekends when I'm out and about. The older I get (34 in a few weeks!) the more I lean towards practicality, though I don't wanna be a frump ass...

--------------------

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jul 17 2006, 12:01 PM
Post #1906

I saw another girl on the tube today in towelling shorts. urgh. khaki green ones. They just looked... manky.

punker, that is bizarre. I've seen a girl like that. It wasn't pretty.

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Jul 17 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #1907

Hardcore BUSTie

Ugh, I must say I am wilting today but it is no excuse for red towelling shorts, towelling anything, or the crimes I saw today.

This one girl really got me though. Stereotypical chav. Rolled up beige trackpants (which you could see her half ass-eaten underwear through), beige polo shirt, which she was wearing half off half on, so one arm was in the sleeve and being worn properly, and the other arm wasn't and so the top was just bunched over her shoulder with her bra on view to everyone. It was so bizarre.

I saw this in the bus station. I just don't get it.

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Jul 17 2006, 11:34 AM
Post #1908

it's cards on the table time

What is it with the towelling this summer? Yesterday at Tesco (supermarket chain) I saw three teenaged girls, two of them in terry towelling all-in-one short suits. Strapless, in yellow and orange respectively. You think maybe they go shopping together? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jul 17 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #1909

possum, have you tried wonderbag? they do a similar shape, in black leather - mum has one and she looooves it. But in the end, your health vs. CoF? Your health every time.

It's super-hot and humid here, and there are lots of women walking around in bikini tops instead of teeshirts - but my absolute favourite was the girl I saw wearing a red racer-back (fine), tatty flip-flops (oo-kay) and a very very very short pair of red towelling shorts. Every time she took a step you could see her arse-end sticking out the bottom. Yes, she had faaaaar better legs than me, but really... it wasn't neccessary in central london.

+Quote Post
Buster_Love
post Jul 17 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #1910

BUSTie

QUOTE(walkingbitch @ Jul 14 2006, 01:02 PM) *

Last night I was in Queens Center Mall, buying a schweet swatch watch, but never mind that....

WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE?
I saw more strangled, gasping for air vaginas walking around than I care to even joke about. Can't they feel that there is a freaking SEAM cleaving their cleft further into two? I mean, come on, yes there is a sometimes occasional camel toe happening especially in thinner material soft weaves, sometimes, what I refer to Camel Toe at Rest occurs, when one can't help that their noni has started eating the crotch of their pants, shorts etc, when they sit down, but seeing as this is usually just seen by the offender when looking down into their own lap, I am assured, as when it happens to myself, that you raise yer ass a bit, tug at the thigh material and give some air there.

The other thing. Roots. I admit, I am currently an offender. But seeing that it is summer and the fucked up highlight job that I got done on stripped hair, (yeah not reccomended), am I really at fault for my now broze / orange/ sunin looking shaded chunks of ass my hair is, when I can't even think of dyeing it for the next 3 months? I have however an inch or two of roots. BUT when your hair is half spaghetti looking highlighted orange blonde and brown and the new "growth" is 6-7 inches? Don't flop that shit up in one of those twisted up messy clipped updo things. It looks like you went into Claire's Boutique and bought your black hair self a fake hair clippie for halloween.

I knew a girl in high school who trapped herself into having her roots showing. She died her hair jet black, then later decided she didn't want it that way anymore. She tried dying her hair over the black to avoid having her hair two different colors as it grew out, but the black overpowered any other color she tried to use to cover it, so she just kept her hair black throughout high school. I saw her again recently, with a different color of hair. (I don't know if it was her natural color or not.) Anyway, I asked her the obvious question, and she said that she finally bit the bullet and just let her roots show as a different color until the offending hair was gone.

If anyone here has this problem, another possible solution is to start using hair dye that washes out in the shower until all of the hair with the permanent hair dye grows out. Then, you can wash out the temporary hair dye and have your color change all at once. I have no idea how much hair dye costs, so it may be too expensive to be practical, especially if you wash your hair every day. Note that it is recommended that you wash your hair only twice a week, since excessively frequent washing can damage hair.

--------------------
A model is temporary, but a design is forever.

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Jul 16 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #1911

Hardcore BUSTie

what about a timbuk2?

though before i recommend wholeheartedly i have to admit that mine was a gift and i have no idea how much they cost. also, they are more sporty-hip than stylish-elegant. so if the downtown casual look isn't you, the LL Bean might be better.

timbuk2 are the messenger bags the bike messengers use. the strap is fully adjustable, so you can either make it super long or super short. i sling mine across my chest and tighten, so my shoulders, chest, and side (obliques? what are those muscles called?) do more work than my back. they also come with a strap that connects at your waist -- it's made to secure it tightly while on a bike or doing other high-impact activities, but it also helps take the pressure of your back. you can get them in a ton of different sizes and colors, and they have all kinds of nice organizy things inside, for instance a clip on the end of a long cord for your keys, so you can find them easily when they inevitably sink to the bottom of the pouch.

sorry, can't say enough about my timbuk2 bag... and no, i'm not a stealth marketer. it just seems like it would fill a lot of the same functions, without looking so soccer mom.

+Quote Post
possum
post Jul 16 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #1912

BUSTie

Yeah, I dunno. I've seen only one younger person with that bag, and she was dressed OK so it didn't look bad really. I've tried backpack bags, but they're a pain 'cause I have to reach around for keys, cell, etc. The LLBean bag has a side pocket so I could grab them.

I don't need it to hold books and a laptop... just everyday purse crap, along with notepad and daily planner.

Messenger style bags don't fly 'cause they still pull at my shoulders.

Maybe I could put buttons or something on it to punk it out? Hmm. I could look at it as a fashion challenge... to decriminalize a potential CoF.

Fuck, I feel like I'm living a scene in Clueless.

(yes Doodlebug, I love Snooch! Your black kitty is gorgeous too... I have a black kitty as well!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Jul 16 2006, 07:40 AM
Post #1913

PANTIES! ew.

Ugh, Possum, I've seen that bag in black in person and honestly it's not much better looking, IMHO. But if your back is hurting, who cares about committing a CoF? Tough call.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jul 15 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #1914

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

possum, I think the bag is fine, but if it were me, I'd probably get the black one....though I like the berry one....it's just that the black would go with more of my things! (Plus doing a "questionable" item in black usually makes it seem "less questionable.")

By the way, I love your snooch atavar! I *heart* snooch!

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Jul 15 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #1915

Hardcore BUSTie

possum, i was just noticing that bag in the LL Bean catalogue the other day and asking myself that same question.

i don't think the shape itself is all that bad, so i'd say get it, but in black. the thing is (and i haven't read the description of exactly how big it is), it looks like it holds a lot less than a normal backpack. it doesn't look like it would hold books, notepads, a laptop computer, or any of the bigger/heavier things that divide the backpack crowd from the handbag/purse crowd. so while it might be easier on the back than a backpack is, it doesn't look like it serves the same function that a backpack does. don't know if that helps at all.

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Jul 15 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #1916

Hardcore BUSTie

I completely forgot about this one from yesterday. I saw a woman that my first boyfriend cheated on me with. I felt closure by the fact she had half her hair up in a ponytail (which i personally think is quite a childish hairstyle anyway) but the bottom half which would usually be down, she had separated into two plaited pigtails. Really. She looked so stupid. I didn't even notice the rest of her outfit.

Or, as the Boy said, "Isn't it a little scary to know that there's just a very thin piece of linen separating all of us from her business?"

Never a truer thing been said.

+Quote Post
theredhead
post Jul 15 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #1917

BUSTie

Last night at Cheeseburger in Paradise (yes, owned by none other than Jimmy Buffet - and yes, I realize the Cs of F probably flow like cheap tropical drinks there):

Woman in her mid-20s wearing thin white linen pants with NO undies. The reason I know she was wearing NO undies is because I could see her WHOLE undies-less ass through the back of the pants. It was disturbing, to say the least. I only saw her from the back, but I cannot imagine the view from the front was any less obscene.

Or, as the Boy said, "Isn't it a little scary to know that there's just a very thin piece of linen separating all of us from her business?"

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Jul 15 2006, 02:25 AM
Post #1918

Hardcore BUSTie

I think in a colour other than the one it comes up with - no. I'm a great believer in comfort and usually use a huge eastpak rucksack. Are you thinking for work? What do you do?

Then again I wear docs with minidresses and have benn known to wear leggings, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me. Shrug.

+Quote Post
possum
post Jul 14 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #1919

BUSTie

Seen today while food shopping: Woman in hot pink, terry cloth miniskirt. Sandals. Jacket with weird pastel patchwork all over it. White cowboy hat. Louis Vuitton bag. Long bleached to hell hair with a barrette clamped in the middle. Walking into the store like she was all that and a bag o' chips.

Not only did she look ridiculous, WHY the hell was she wearing a jacket when it was 100 degrees today and heat index was 107?! Hell.

Uh, and OK, I need help. Is this bag a CoF? I mean, I kinda think it would be... but I am sooo tired of my back hurting all the time and paring down isn't an option.

--------------------

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jul 14 2006, 02:34 PM
Post #1920

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

I hereby rename tight-fitting crotch-huggers as "coochie snacks," in honour of polly's amazingly vivid description.

punkerjane, your description hurt MY eyes.

sybarite, I am dying for you to explain what a "rakish" hair clip looks like!

I am a CoF today, in a black cami with NO bra, and dirty, paint-splattered, baggy jeans, rolled up to mid-calf. BUT I'm seeing no one today. smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 94 95 96 97 98 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 18, 2014 - 03:31 PM