The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don't Mess With The Pie Hoes!, A thread for those who love Pushing Daisies!
ketto
post May 31 2009, 07:48 AM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

In the past 6 months a couple of cast members have mentioned talks of a movie, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

--------------------
Meow.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post May 31 2009, 12:29 AM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

I didn't know it was just the last 3 episodes. I saw the newest episode tonight and was excited to think ABC was brining the show back. I was looking forward to a whole season. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though. Just bummed that 3 is all we get.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post May 29 2009, 11:50 PM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

What?! On a Saturday? I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I'm just kind of pissed because I'm going to miss it.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post May 29 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #4

sassygrrl

Woo-hoo!!Double kisses to PG!!!

Also a good thing to hear after a bad week! I think the season two is coming out on dvd soon.

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post May 29 2009, 02:26 PM
Post #5

Pacifism kicks ass!

Woo hoo!!!! PG, if I were in the same room with your right now, I'd give you a huge kiss on the lips. this has totally made my week! Thanks!

+Quote Post
prophecy_grrl
post May 29 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

bump! Apparently ABC is airing the final 3 episodes of Pushing Daisies starting tomorrow, 5/30!

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Nov 25 2008, 06:00 PM
Post #7

sassygrrl

Cool. I did catch the pilot online and really liked it. I may rent the dvds. It had a very Ally Mcbeal twist to it. Also, I'm a big fan of George Michael and all the musical numbers. Nothing as good as PD. I wonder how they're going to wrap it up? (PD)

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Nov 25 2008, 11:18 AM
Post #8

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I think the first season was a good and weird time.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Nov 24 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #9

sassygrrl

Is it worth netflixing??

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Nov 23 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #10

I actually liked Eli Stone last season. I have no idea when they even aired it this season. So thanks for promoting it ABC! dry.gif I liked that is was spiritual w/o any particular religous slant. And I loved having George Michael pop up every so often.

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Nov 23 2008, 05:44 PM
Post #11

sassygrrl

Bummer!! I really loved Pushing Daisies. Why does this always happen to really good shows?? Off to find a petititon I can sign.

I think it was too "weird" for your average Disney based Family Values/Religion obsessed audience to understand. I told a friend to watch it once, and she didn't understand why it wasn't real enough, and it was too fantasy for her. Then again, she watches crappy shows like CSI: Miami or whatever.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 23 2008, 09:05 AM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm still upset about this news. I love Pushing Daisies and it's starting to get really interesting! I swear there are so many shows I love that get canceled after two seasons.

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Nov 21 2008, 07:40 PM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(kittenb @ Nov 21 2008, 12:49 PM) *
I guess we add this to the "Brilliant but Cancelled" stack. Maybe it can keep Veronica Mars and Arrested Development company.

Aww, that sucks. I was actually beginning to get into Daisies. I will say this, though: I didn't like Chuck's new hair in the last episode (the one w/ the magician). I prefer her w/ bangs.

Glad to see Eli Stone go, though. I really thought that show was slim skirting ABC's desire to push Religion™ and Family Values™ down our throats (gee, and what a surprise on Disney-owned ABC!). I made it through half of episode 1 and immediately saw through the flimsy plot to their subversive intentions and vowed never to watch the show again. Hooray to the tv watching public for not giving Eli Stone the time of day either.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Nov 21 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #14

I guess we add this to the "Brilliant but Cancelled" stack. Maybe it can keep Veronica Mars and Arrested Development company.

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Oct 31 2008, 12:18 PM
Post #15

sassygrrl

I like that now they are getting into other character's lives.
I am annoyed that they did another bee show.

I love this show though. The sets and the costumes are great, the dialogue is very 30's and fast, and the whole tone of the show makes me very happy. I'm just scared they're going to cancel it because there are not enough people watching it. One of my friends said it was too "fantasy" for her. I think that's part of the genius in it.

Lee Pace is so fuckable too.

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Oct 3 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #16

Pacifism kicks ass!

Kitten, I totally forgot that he told her! Perhaps they'll get back to that next week? I can understand why they may have stepped around it temporarily. It's been so damn long since we saw a new episode & it was clear that they were making an effort to remind the audience of the premise. Throw in the whole "I am Charlotte's mother" thing & they had a lot on their plate. Although frankly, that bit about Chuck's mom could have waited for a while. They should have tackled the dad thing again.

I'm not complaining too much, though, because I'm just so happy Pushing Daisies is back!!! I love the tone of this show. The quirky whimsy, the dialogue, and of course, the aesthetics. The sets and costumes are so fabulous. I really appreciate shows like this - the sort that transport you into a completely different, vibrant world. It's fun to go to a place that is so different from my day-to-day life.

It was fun to see Missi Pyle on the show last night. I loved how they design department went crazy with the bee theme.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 2 2008, 07:19 PM
Post #17

Big Fat Bitch

I'm pretty much with Thirties on this minus the Christine. There's something just so twee about PD. But I'm giving it another shot because I want to fuck Lee Pace so bad I can taste it.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Oct 2 2008, 03:47 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

I got confused after this last episode, about how did Lily convince Vivian that they were Charlotte's Aunts? If their only supposed relation to her was that Vivian's ex-Fiancee was her father? Any theories?

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Oct 2 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

Re: her father dying, the last thing I remember her saying about it was something like she would need to be mad at him for a little while, and then I think she gave one of her cute flirty smiles. Didn't she disappear for a few days and then come back at the end of an episode? I really need to re-watch season 1.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Oct 2 2008, 07:36 AM
Post #20

I am so irritated that PD is on opposite Bones. I guess I'll be watching Bones on Hulu.

As for last night, well I am a little irritated that it felt like they brushed past the whole, "I acidentally killed your father," but I could be remembering last season wrong. It has been almost a year. rolleyes.gif

And I would love to know why every show I love at some point does a bug or bee episode? They alway give me bad dreams.

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 19, 2014 - 04:35 PM