Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 173 174 175 176 177 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #3481

Hardcore BUSTie

i just ordered my fem-dophilus (from iherb.com.) i'm hoping this along with the yeast arrest works for me. if this doesn't work i think the next thing i will try is the estriol or estroil however you spell it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #3482

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 22 2007, 02:29 PM) *
I don't agree with that. Do you think it's pointless to object to mistaken medical information?
Not sure why you're blaming me for "this," anitsirhc. The original bickering was happening between Jewels and arj75. Jewels took some things a little too personally, and arj75, to her credit, refused to take the bait.

If you recall, I had some disagreements with some of arj75's statements. Again to arj75's credit, we are able to disagree with each other, without name-calling and other stupid shit. And I think THAT is how we're going to come closer to finding solutions - by discussing things in a civilized way, but not being afraid to object or disagree with each other.

i never blamed you, in my original post about the arguing i addressed things a lot of girls were doing, not only you. except you were the only one who wrote back to start arguing with me because you're always on the defense and having to prove everyone wrong. i don't want to recall anything. i don't care what disagreements you had. everyone had disagreements, except they don't always write about them. they keep it to themselves because they realize that this is a place for everyone to talk about their experiences and thoughts on BV. not a place for people to argue back and forth about what is right and what is wrong and you said this you said that blah blah blah. stop focussing on what people are saying and friggin talk about BV!! i'm getting pissed off now, don't write back to this please. i don't want to talk to you about this anymore, i want to talk about what's working for you, what's working for me. that's what this is for.

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 22 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #3483

Hardcore BUSTie

WOW! I've never seen the board like this before. There is soooo much fighting going on here. Ladies, we all need to support each other. I understand this is a very hard thing to go through and we are frustrated but the fighting has got to stop.Lets turn this back into a support group, respect each other, and LISTEN to what each person has to say.

Lori: Everyone here is desperate! That's why you hear soooo many people with crazy ideas. I for one thought about battery acid myself. LOL! I had a crazy idea (estroil=estrogen) and it worked. wink.gif

+Quote Post
lori
post May 22 2007, 12:12 PM
Post #3484

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 22 2007, 11:11 AM) *
ok well i think you should just stop worrying about what everyone else says. it doesn't do anything and it's pointless.

I don't agree with that. Do you think it's pointless to object to mistaken medical information?

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 22 2007, 11:11 AM) *
i just hope this stops.

Not sure why you're blaming me for "this," anitsirhc. The original bickering was happening between Jewels and arj75. Jewels took some things a little too personally, and arj75, to her credit, refused to take the bait.

If you recall, I had some disagreements with some of arj75's statements, too. Again to arj75's credit, we are able to disagree with each other, without name-calling and other stupid shit. And I think THAT is how we're going to come closer to finding solutions - by discussing things in a civilized way, but not being afraid to disagree with each other.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassy
post May 22 2007, 12:11 PM
Post #3485

Hardcore BUSTie

mfc10: I LOVE boric acid. It is the only thing that has ever helped my BV. I use it now so that I can maintain a somewhat normal sex life. And yes, it is the same thing as Yeast Arrest, but it's a lot cheaper to make your own capsules.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #3486

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 22 2007, 02:00 PM) *
I'm glad you agree that what Jewels said is not right. She's talked about vaginal-flagyl for a while, and while I expressed my reservations with that, I didn't tell her to stop saying it.

But like I said, what she said lately (about it being the only thing that will work) is very irresponsible. And she did need to stop saying that.

And I stand by that.

Also, I want to add that Jewels also gave WRONG information. She cited info. about vaginal tablets, and misinterpreted that to mean that using oral flagyl tablets vaginally is safe. If she is giving wrong medical information, I think it's okay to correct her. Don't you?

ok well i think you should just stop worrying about what everyone else says. it doesn't do anything and it's pointless. i'm done talking about this. i just hope this stops.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post May 22 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #3487

BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 22 2007, 01:05 PM) *
i'd rather use natural ways. that's why i'm using the Yeast Arrest. and there are a few people on this board (i don't remember who) who were successful with that.

I used boric acid with much success==for treating concurrent BV/resistant-yeast infections. It is the major ingredient in Yeast Arrest vaginal capsules, right? The only cavaet--after using boric acid via the dose-and-timing schedule as you have described, I got really dry in there. My gyn, a big believer in boric acid (God rest his soul--he committed suicide last summer!), suggested applying a dab of estrogen cream vaginally (I use Estrace) after using boric acid (once its residue quits dripping out) to help the lining get re-moistened.

Awaiting my Fem Dophilus order--before they were available here in the U.S., I had to get these strains of lactobacilli from friends in Austria!

Blessings,
Maggie C.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 22 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #3488

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 22 2007, 10:47 AM) *
i didn't say she was right for what she said but she wanted to say it and she is allowed to. that's her opinion. she should have added "for me" at the end of each of those sentences but who am i or anyone else to tell her what to say? i didn't want to get personal with this but you act like you're in charge of everyone and if they say something that you don't like or you don't agree with then they shouldn't say it.

I'm glad you agree that what Jewels said is not right. She's talked about vaginal-flagyl for a while, and while I expressed my reservations with that, I didn't tell her to stop saying it.

But like I said, what she said lately (about it being the only thing that will work) is very irresponsible. And she did need to stop saying that.

And I stand by that.

Also, I want to add that Jewels also gave WRONG information. She cited info. about vaginal tablets that are not available in the U.S., and misinterpreted that to mean that using oral flagyl tablets vaginally is safe.

If she is giving wrong medical information, I think it's okay to correct her. Don't you?

--------------------

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #3489

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 22 2007, 01:33 PM) *
I essentially agree with what you're saying, anitsirhc.

But Jewels did say that taking flagyl orally does not work and that vaginal-flagyl is one of only two solutions.

That IS wrong, and a very irresponsible thing to say.
And that is what she should have said, but she didn't.

i also said you should stop picking out every little thing that people say and correcting them. which is what you're doing. i didn't say she was right for what she said but she wanted to say it and she is allowed to. that's her opinion. she should have added "for me" at the end of each of those sentences but who am i or anyone else to tell her what to say? i didn't want to get personal with this but you act like you're in charge of everyone and if they say something that you don't like or you don't agree with then they shouldn't say it.

QUOTE(lori @ May 22 2007, 01:25 PM) *
I think when you tell people to stay away from something, you should back up your claims with some research - not just "I read this on the internet somewhere ..." Where are the studies that say it causes nerve damage? I'm not even doubting you, I think it's worth knowing about. But I think you should substantiate your claims before warning people to completely stay away, don't you?

And that is an objective criticism, not based on the fact that you've recently called me a "bitch," a "cunt," and a "piece of shit."
Untrue. I've only been around a month, and there's been plenty of shit-slinging before I ever made a peep. Let's not forget Jewels beating up on a couple of newbies recently. And the latest shit-flinging had nothing to do with me - arj75 had problems with Jewels - "stop putting crap in your twat!" as she eloquently put it. (And I think it's about time someone said it.)

I really appreciate all the support and the ability to share our problems in this thread - but there's also a lot of bad ideas that were given in here, too - some of them are potentially harmful, some of them made thing worse, some people ended up with people's vaginas "torn up!"

I really do appreciate this thread. But that doesn't change the fact that it's also a long, sad record of people shoving all manners of things in your bajingo hoping for magic, and being disappointed. I'm not putting anyone down - I've had my "Bad Product Pussy Explosion," too (which I already talked about). And it is sad that we have become so desperate that we've become willing to try anything, possibly putting our health in danger.

But it really does get a little insane around here.

you keep bringing up things that happened in the past and wasting more time on arguments. why would you want to talk about arguments that already happened. like i said, if you have a problem with something someone said, you should talk to them privately. not on here. stop wasting time going back and finding things that people said that you think they shouldn't have. why don't you spend your time doing things that help out, like research on BV WHICH IS WHY WE'RE HERE.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 22 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #3490

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 22 2007, 10:05 AM) *
i haven't said anything about the arguing lately because i want to be neutral and stay out of it but i think everyone should stop saying what is "RIGHT" and what's "WRONG." we're here to share our experiences. and find something that works. if someone has found something that worked, even though it may not be the prescribed way to use it, who cares? why shouldn't they share it with us? it might work for someone else too. nobody says you HAVE to do it that way, it's just another option.

I essentially agree with what you're saying, anitsirhc.

But Jewels did say that taking flagyl orally does not work and that vaginal-flagyl is one of only two solutions.

That IS wrong, and a very irresponsible thing to say.

nobody says you HAVE to do it that way, it's just another option.

And that is what she should have said, but she very clearly didn't.

What she said was irresponsible, period.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post May 22 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #3491

Hardcore BUSTie

[EDITED] USELESS CONVERSATION WITH MORPHIA DELETED.

To everyone,

I really appreciate all the support and the ability to share our problems in this thread - but there's also a lot of bad ideas that were given in here, too - some of them are potentially harmful, some of them made thing worse, some people ended up with people's vaginas "torn up!"

I really do appreciate this thread. But that doesn't change the fact that it's also a long, sad record of people shoving all manners of things in their bajingo hoping for magic, and being disappointed. I'm not putting anyone down - I've had my "Bad Product Pussy Explosion," too (which I already talked about). And it is sad that we have become so desperate that we've become willing to try anything, possibly putting our health in danger.

But it really does get a little insane around here. I don't think the recent hysteria and the irresponsible recommendations are helpful. Basically, I've got a problem with all the bad advice - potentially unsafe recommendations, and unsubstantiated claims.

I've gotten a few PM's recently, from members who do NOT post in this thread, but have questions about BV. I think we should all be mindful that there are a lot of women who read this thread, and may get the wrong idea about the suggestions in here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 22 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #3492

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 22 2007, 10:02 AM) *
That is odd! I've noticed that yeast creams ease the burning too. Which is why I thought I was battling recurrent yeast infections for over a year. I wonder why this is? But I'm too afraid to use yeast creams for just anything since it can actually be dangerous. There are studies that are showing that its the easy access us women have to yeast treatments that is giving rise to all of these resistant strains. I try to stay away from yeast meds unless I know for sure that I have yeast infection.

My doctor told me that maybe I have bv and a small yeast inf. together which is why the monistat helps. I have read that too about it not being good to use them all the time so I try not to unless I just can't take it anymore.

+Quote Post
sciongal
post May 22 2007, 10:53 AM
Post #3493

BUSTie

yes i am only getting treated for the UTI. but because i choose not to take the antibiotics for the BV. not because they make me sick, because they don't work for me. it goes away for a little bit and then returns a lot worse. if i keep taking them over and over and over again i don't think that's very good for my body. i'd rather use natural ways. that's why i'm using the Yeast Arrest. and there are a few people on this board (i don't remember who) who were successful with that. i am going to use the yeast arrest for a month along with the fem-dophilus and then after that i will be using the yeast arrest every month for 4 days when i have my period for 4 months. those are the directions on the package. and clindamycin is clindesse right? i used that already.. twice. it didn't even make it go away that time. just gave me a really bad yeast infection. that's what my doctor prescribed for me the first time i was diagnosed with it and i have a feeling that if i didn't take it i wouldn't be where i am now. but oh well. so that's what i'm doing.
i've used flagyl at least 3 or 4 times. metrogel a few times too. never worked. FOR ME though. it doesn't work for a lot of people, but maybe it will for some. jewels i wish you wouldn't stop posting on here. you have been a real big help to me. i tried the flagyl vaginally after you did and it did work for a little while, i might try it again but i'm trying the yeast arrest for now.
i haven't said anything about the arguing lately because i want to be neutral and stay out of it but i think everyone should stop saying what is "RIGHT" and what's "WRONG." we're here to share our experiences. and find something that works. if someone has found something that worked, even though it may not be the prescribed way to use it, who cares? why shouldn't they share it with us? it might work for someone else too. nobody says you HAVE to do it that way, it's just another option. you have to find what works for you and i know i (and i'm sure a lot of other women) have gotten to the point where they'll do almost anything to get rid of it.

if someone wants to take the antibiotics they were prescribed then that's their choice. even though it may not have worked for a lot of people, it may work for them. we can give advice and opinions but nobody should be telling people what and what not to do or say. and a lot of people have been doing that. everybody's results are going to be different depending on their situation. so what works for one person might not work for someone else. that's why we need everyone's experience so that people have a lot of different methods to choose from. everyone needs to stop criticizing eachother.

right on ,anitsirhc!!!! My sentiments exactly. like having this condition isnt enough deal with

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 10:48 AM
Post #3494

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 22 2007, 08:18 AM) *
Hey anitsirhc. I'm glad your appointment wasn't too bad. So does this mean you won't be treated for the BV, just the UTI?

If flagyl makes you violently ill, you should take clindamycin. Did your PP-doctor/RN mention that? How did they suggest you deal with the BV? If reading 96 pages of this thread has taught me anything, it's that there is no OTC cure for BV. If BV has been confirmed by an exam, you should take antibiotics.

Did they have anything to say about the lower abdominal pain you've been feeling? Is that a symptom of the UTI? (Let's hope so.)

Either way, I highly recommend that you take the fem-dophilus especially while you're taking the Septra.

yes i am only getting treated for the UTI. but because i choose not to take the antibiotics for the BV. not because they make me sick, because they don't work for me. it goes away for a little bit and then returns a lot worse. if i keep taking them over and over and over again i don't think that's very good for my body. i'd rather use natural ways. that's why i'm using the Yeast Arrest. and there are a few people on this board (i don't remember who) who were successful with that. i am going to use the yeast arrest for a month along with the fem-dophilus and then after that i will be using the yeast arrest every month for 4 days when i have my period for 4 months. those are the directions on the package. and clindamycin is clindesse right? i used that already.. twice. it didn't even make it go away that time. just gave me a really bad yeast infection. that's what my doctor prescribed for me the first time i was diagnosed with it and i have a feeling that if i didn't take it i wouldn't be where i am now. but oh well. so that's what i'm doing.

oh and she didn't tell me anything really about the pain. she checked me for cysts (which are possible since my mom has them) but didn't find anything. it's probably from the UTI and/or BV. i started the yeast arrest and septra yesterday and my pain isn't really there today so it's probably that.

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 22 2007, 10:20 AM) *
I can say, with full 100% knowledge that the FLAGYL orally, won't work. IF YOU HAVE REOCCURING B.V. Why??? Can I say this?? ASK ANYONE ON HERE IF IT'S WORKED FOR THEM!!!! The answer is the same, over and over again. No, No, and again, No.

i've used flagyl at least 3 or 4 times. metrogel a few times too. never worked. FOR ME though. it doesn't work for a lot of people, but maybe it will for some. jewels i wish you wouldn't stop posting on here. you have been a real big help to me. i tried the flagyl vaginally after you did and it did work for a little while, i might try it again but i'm trying the yeast arrest for now.

i haven't said anything about the arguing lately because i want to be neutral and stay out of it but i think everyone should stop saying what is "RIGHT" and what's "WRONG." we're here to share our experiences. and find something that works. if someone has found something that worked, even though it may not be the prescribed way to use it, who cares? why shouldn't they share it with us? it might work for someone else too. nobody says you HAVE to do it that way, it's just another option. you have to find what works for you and i know i (and i'm sure a lot of other women) have gotten to the point where they'll do almost anything to get rid of it.

if someone wants to take the antibiotics they were prescribed then that's their choice. even though it may not have worked for a lot of people, it may work for them. we can give advice and opinions but nobody should be telling people what and what not to do or say. and a lot of people have been doing that. everybody's results are going to be different depending on their situation. so what works for one person might not work for someone else. that's why we need everyone's experience so that people have a lot of different methods to choose from. everyone needs to stop criticizing eachother. stop picking little things that everyone says and trying to correct them. if they want to say that let them. if you have a problem with what someone is saying you should tell them through a private message, not on the board. you're wasting time and space on here that can be used for trying to find something that works. if someone new came here and is looking to get information what the hell are they going to get out of the last 3 pages being nothing but arguing? absolutely nothing. and i'm kind of sick of everyone arguing. if you have a problem with someone tell them privately.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 22 2007, 10:48 AM
Post #3495

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 22 2007, 12:02 PM) *
Yeah, and you also said, "STAY AWAY FROM CLINDESSE AND OTHER CLINDAMYCIN CREAMS."

You're damn right I did. And I'll keep screaming that until the day I die. I think they are evil. Its my opinion. You know, Lori. Shit didn't start hitting the fan until you came around.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 22 2007, 10:45 AM
Post #3496

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jenniferg @ May 22 2007, 11:46 AM) *
Hey Morphia:

Have you ever used Monistat from just your generic store for the burning? I know it's for yeast infections but it really helps the burning from my bv. I have been checked by several doctors telling me that I have bv and not yeast but for some reason the monistat helps relieve some burning. I don't use it all the time but sometimes when I am desperate and can't stand taking Flagyl one more time I will buy the Monistat 3 day and after I use it the burning goes away almost completely. Of course bv comes back the next month but at least I get a few weeks of no burning.

That is odd! I've noticed that yeast creams ease the burning too. Which is why I thought I was battling recurrent yeast infections for over a year. I wonder why this is? But I'm too afraid to use yeast creams for just anything since it can actually be dangerous. There are studies that are showing that its the easy access us women have to yeast treatments that is giving rise to all of these resistant strains. I try to stay away from yeast meds unless I know for sure that I have yeast infection.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 22 2007, 10:45 AM
Post #3497

Hardcore BUSTie

[EDITED] USELESS CONVERSATION WITH MORPHIA DELETED.

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 22 2007, 07:20 AM) *
I can say, with full 100% knowledge that the FLAGYL orally, won't work. IF YOU HAVE REOCCURING B.V. Why??? Can I say this?? ASK ANYONE ON HERE IF IT'S WORKED FOR THEM!!!! The answer is the same, over and over again. No, No, and again, No.

But you said the vaginal flagyl isn't a cure, either.

I'm not pushing using it Vaginally. Just like everything we try, it's use at your own risk, do your own research on it, and if it works for you, great, if not, then find what does.

No, you said that "nothing else will work."

The CONDESENDING ATTITUDES, IS NOT WORTH MY TIME OR EFFORT. EVERYONE is so willing to to criticize solutions we have found, BUT HAVE NO SOLUTIONS THEMSELVES.

Objecting to your telling people to mis-use prescription medication is not condescending. I think it's cool that you're sharing what you're doing. But you shouldn't tell people "nothing else will work."

And it's not true that we have not thought up solutions. Read my blog, there are solutions - probiotics.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 22 2007, 10:29 AM
Post #3498

BUSTie

Hey Morphia:

Have you ever used Monistat from just your generic store for the burning? I know it's for yeast infections but it really helps the burning from my bv. I have been checked by several doctors telling me that I have bv and not yeast but for some reason the monistat helps relieve some burning. I don't use it all the time but sometimes when I am desperate and can't stand taking Flagyl one more time I will buy the Monistat 3 day and after I use it the burning goes away almost completely. Of course bv comes back the next month but at least I get a few weeks of no burning.

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 22 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #3499

BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ May 22 2007, 03:25 AM) *
jennifer: You are trying the botanical advantage pills now? I tried those but they didn't help at all. I know several other girls tried those a while back, including Jewels (I think), and maybe only one girl saw any help but it wasn't much.

Oh, and I'm young too--only 22!

Sassy, I just started taking them so I am going to give them a few months to see if they work as the herbal stuff takes longer to kick in I think. I will keep you posted on whether it works for me or not. At this point I am willing to try anything.

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 22 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #3500

Hardcore BUSTie

I want to make a quick comment to everyone as well. Really, do you think that we are never gonna argue? We will. It's impossible to not have disagreements. I like to think of them more as "debates." I don't want to see any member leave, or scare off any new comers because we are always bitching. "Debates" are gonna happen, I would like to think of everyone on this board as my sister, friend, teacher, and everything else that is good.

It is very hard to understand everyones "tone" through the internet, and that sucks...if we all we sitting on the couch sipping on a beer, it wouldn't get this heated. So let's all remember that. As for me, I'm sarcastic...very much... makes my humor easily misunderstood. I can't change who I am...and well, the only thing I want to change is getting rid of this bv.

I'm thankful that I found this board.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 173 174 175 176 177 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 26, 2014 - 12:48 AM