271 Pages V  « < 58 59 60 61 62 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
mfc10
post Oct 14 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #1181

BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Oct 13 2008, 11:07 PM) *
If it was via e-mail, would you mind sharing some of that insight with us? Because that is an amazing and helpful bit of information.

I private-messaged/emailed you with a copy of the email minus my university email address.

There is a message board wherein women with interstitial cystitis are using FemDophilus vaginally with success: http://ichopeboard.proboards7.com/index.cgi?board=general

It would be easier (& less-web-ettiquette unacceptable than forwarding my private emails) for people to email or write to him directly with their questions.

Dr. Gregor Reid
Canadian R&D Centre for Probiotics
F2-116,
Lawson Health Research Institute,
268 Grosvenor Street
London, Ontario N6A 4V2
Canada

Fax: 519-646-6031
gregor@uwo.ca

All the best,
Maggie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Oct 14 2008, 09:58 AM
Post #1182

BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Oct 13 2008, 10:16 PM) *
No--I haven't had BV in 2 + years. I took the FemDoph as a preventive once I knew I was going to be on antibiotics a long while. So far, no BV or yeast infections! When I emailed Dr. Reid, he was pleased to hear how it has helped even when on broad-spectrum antibiotics.

Hugs,
Maggie

So, Maggie, for you the capsule straight out of the bottle dissolves, but for others it does not? I just don't want to wast any of these darn things since they're pretty expensive. I'm getting more today, gonna try them again...but vaginally this time...orally didn't do squat, even after a few months of devotion.

+Quote Post
lori
post Oct 14 2008, 03:11 AM
Post #1183

Hardcore BUSTie

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post Oct 13 2008, 11:07 PM
Post #1184

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Oct 13 2008, 07:17 PM) *
He definitely did. Anyone can Email him & ask.

If it was via e-mail, would you mind sharing some of that insight with us? Because that is an amazing and helpful bit of information.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Oct 13 2008, 09:17 PM
Post #1185

BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Oct 13 2008, 06:43 AM) *
Really? Did Dr. Reid say that?

He definitely did. Anyone can Email him & ask.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Oct 13 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #1186

BUSTie

QUOTE(LovelyLadyLuck @ Oct 13 2008, 01:15 AM) *
Hi Ladies....

mfc10, you say you have been on the penicillin for 9 weeks, for an "embedded" bladder infection, but were you suffering with BV at the time? or did you just incorporate the femd as a preventative?

No--I haven't had BV in 2 + years. I took the FemDoph as a preventive once I knew I was going to be on antibiotics a long while. So far, no BV or yeast infections! When I emailed Dr. Reid, he was pleased to hear how it has helped even when on broad-spectrum antibiotics.

Hugs,
Maggie

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Oct 13 2008, 02:53 PM
Post #1187

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Lolasaurus @ Oct 12 2008, 01:17 AM) *
I just did what I did because I'd rather shove one pill up my vag than two.

Probably a good thing you did it that way. I tried that with the Fem D and the dang capsules just sat there. They didn't dissolve at all.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Oct 13 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #1188

Hardcore BUSTie

mfc10

how have you been? glad to see you here!!!!!!!! wink.gif

+Quote Post
lori
post Oct 13 2008, 06:43 AM
Post #1189

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Oct 11 2008, 06:59 PM) *
Yes, it does, The inventor/patent-holder has told several of us who contacted him, that it can indeed be used vaginally.

Really? Did Dr. Reid say that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
LovelyLadyLuck
post Oct 13 2008, 01:15 AM
Post #1190

Hi Ladies....

mfc10, you say you have been on the penicillin for 9 weeks, for an "embedded" bladder infection, but were you suffering with BV at the time? or did you just incorporate the femd as a preventative?

+Quote Post
missjanuary
post Oct 12 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #1191

QUOTE(Lolasaurus @ Oct 12 2008, 01:17 AM) *

I didn't know you can do that with femdophilus. I thought that you just take it orally.

+Quote Post
Lolasaurus
post Oct 12 2008, 12:17 AM
Post #1192

BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Oct 10 2008, 08:56 AM) *
Will the capsule that the FemD comes in dissolve in the vag? Who's tried it?

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Oct 11 2008, 08:59 PM
Post #1193

BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Oct 10 2008, 08:56 AM) *

Yes, it does, The inventor/patent-holder has told several of us who contacted him, that it can indeed be used vaginally. It just can't say it on the box or package insert. Some of the original research studies were done with women inserting it vaginally. I take two a day orally and use one vaginally at night while on antibiotics for an imbedded bladder infection. I've been on Augmentin & amoxicillin daily for over 9 weeks now, and no sign of BV or vaginal yeast!

The potato starch in the FemDophilus can be smelled after it melts, but other than that...

Hugs,
Maggie C.

+Quote Post
trbutts
post Oct 10 2008, 10:18 AM
Post #1194

Hey girls,

http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/vagInfections.html

I thought some of you might find some valuable info here. Thanks!

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Oct 10 2008, 08:56 AM
Post #1195

BUSTie

QUOTE(Lolasaurus @ Oct 9 2008, 05:04 PM) *
I think I also read somewhere that if you're taking antibiotics and FemD, you should try to take them a few hours apart. worth considering.
My (TMI but totally exciting) new development: Last night was night 4 of FemD vaginally (I emptied 2 capsules into 1 larger, gelatin one), and today, for the first time in months, my discharge could be described as slippery, rather than sticky or watery! biggrin.gif

... Too bad I've forgotten what normal vag smells like unsure.gif gonna get another checkup before I celebrate too hard.

+Quote Post
Lolasaurus
post Oct 9 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #1196

BUSTie

I think I also read somewhere that if you're taking antibiotics and FemD, you should try to take them a few hours apart. worth considering.

QUOTE(mikamo0229 @ Oct 6 2008, 01:19 PM) *
well, i was put on the same supression method, which didnt work for me at all, plus i had several yeast infections untill i took the fem d. i used the gel once a week to put mine at bay , along with the probiotics. The gel is messy, i rather take the pill because i didnt get yeast infection. But good luck, and Im no gyno but my nurse practioner swears by fem d... to restore the flora . On the box it reccomends to take twice the dosage during antibiotic use as needed. i hope this helps and good luck again ....

My (TMI but totally exciting) new development: Last night was night 4 of FemD vaginally (I emptied 2 capsules into 1 larger, gelatin one), and today, for the first time in months, my discharge could be described as slippery, rather than sticky or watery! biggrin.gif

... Too bad I've forgotten what normal vag smells like unsure.gif gonna get another checkup before I celebrate too hard.

+Quote Post
missjanuary
post Oct 8 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #1197

QUOTE(deeseeker @ Sep 27 2008, 06:22 PM) *
Thank you Lori,

I have been tested for STD's doing every Doctor's visit for over a year and nothing show up. I do take Fem-dophilus daily, but have stop because of the amoxicillin. I think I need to wait until I am finish the anti-botoics. I have not been sexually active all years, so I really believe that is my issue, the Group B. If the amoxicillin don't stop the discharge and odor then I guess I will try Penicillin, I have not been abusiving anti-botocis, so I hope bewtiween the Two it works for me.
I have doing a lot of research but can't really find what I am looking for a "CURE"!!!!!

so DEE, did the femdophilus help u?

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 8 2008, 01:53 PM
Post #1198

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(earthwoman @ Oct 8 2008, 04:58 AM) *
I have been tested for std's (though I don't think trich was in there??I need to take care of that) I am in a monogamous relationship (2 years). I've had this problem though about 4 years but never as bad as it's been this past year. Initially I treated it as yeast (using TTO) and it seemed to resolve...for awhile...I've never taken any prescribed meds (I try to stay as natural as possible). My last doc. appointment was a couple of weeks ago and he seemed to think I had BV from the symptoms I described (but he didn't actually check anything out). He gave me clindesse and to my dismay I had tons of soft clay like discharge..yuck...so he said he'll treat me and my bf with flagyl. I don't want to take it but I am desperate at this point. Oh and it gets worse around my period and after sex (I almost forget what that is at this point LOL). The smell is awful. I started folic acid and Fem-D already so I guess it's just wait and see. Has anyone had any success with homeopaths or acupuncture? I want to treat the root of the problem, not just get rid of the symptoms...Thanks for the welcome

Acupuncture is great but it does not work right away. It takes a few sessions to get the benefits. It seems like you just have a general bacteria infection. It also seems like you yo-yo back and forth between yeast and BV.
1.Continue to take the Fem-D / vitamins
2. Get tested for Trich
3.Take a look at Lori's blog.
4. If all else fails. Take the Flagyl ( you and your boyfriend) with the fem-d. I hear some ladies have had relief doing that.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Oct 7 2008, 11:12 PM
Post #1199

BUSTie

EVERYBODY DO NOT USE ANY PRODUCTS THAT HAVE CORN STARCH IN IT. NOT ONLY IT CAUSES RASHES IT ALSO CAN CAUSE YEAST INFECTION AND MAKE YOUR BV ODOR WORST(IT CAUSES THE DISCHARGE TO COME DOWN HEAVY). CORN STARCH CAN BE FOUND MOSTLY IN POWDER!! SUMMER EVE POWDER ALSO HAVE CORN STARCH. IT BEST TO USE BABY JOHNSON THE ORIGINALLY ONE NO SCENTED ONES!!

+Quote Post
Hunnibee79
post Oct 7 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #1200

For those ladies who have had luck with FemD, about how long did it take for you to see results?

And neverending...thanks for the welcome!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 58 59 60 61 62 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 25, 2014 - 10:16 PM