Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
sooo sad
post May 14 2008, 07:40 PM
Post #1561

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(shine @ May 14 2008, 05:47 PM) *
Hello Ladies-

I need a little clarification. For BV, do the Boric Acid capsules work better or the TTO capsules? I read on one post that the boric acid only helps yeast and not bv. I need help with the bv, and don't want to use the boric acid capsules if they are not going to help. All comments are appreciated.

shine

i've done research and boric acid is targeted more towards yeast and i also read that tto can cure bv and it also kills the bad bacteria and not the good bacteria.

sooo sad
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post May 14 2008, 07:38 PM
Post #1562

Hardcore BUSTie

hi ladies...

wanting to share my thoughts.....well, i finished my flagyl on 04/25, went to the dr and tested negative for bv, yeast, and trich (affirm test). i was told that i need to go back towards the end of this month for recheck to make sure i'm clear. my discharge is less but it is still there...still about 10%, i still don't have to wear a pantiliner. but this is the weird thing...i had sex (with sylk) about week ago and the next day i felt like there was a bit more discharge than before then when i stuck my finger in to scoop out the discharge(i know...gross) it was clumpy and white. it freaked me out. then the next 2 days no sex and i was feeling a bit better, then last night i had sex again and that discharge came back. i'm soo scared. i almost started crying....don't know what i should do. it seems like i might have to do some kind of maintanence like tto after sex. i know this is TMI but my boyfriend does pre-cum and i don't know if that has anything to do with it. if the bv is back on my next check up i think i'm gonna have to try flagyl vaginal cream. i haven't done that yet but i have tried clindamycin vaginal cream and that didn't work at all. if the flagyl vaginal cream doesn't work i don't know what to do....i feel soooo frustrated and i feel like commiting suicide. sometimes i think to myself..."what kind of woman am i? i can't ever go a day without thinking about my vaginal discharge and smell. i can't even play with my kids without thinking about the itch....i can't even be intimate with the man that i love without worrying about my vagina stinking or if the bv is coming" sorry about the long post but i'm sooo sad right now and i'm crying right now too. damn....what a fuckin' life!!!!!

sooo sad

+Quote Post
shine
post May 14 2008, 03:30 PM
Post #1563

Hello Ladies-

I need a little clarification. For BV, do the Boric Acid capsules work better or the TTO capsules? I read on one post that the boric acid only helps yeast and not bv. I need help with the bv, and don't want to use the boric acid capsules if they are not going to help. All comments are appreciated.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post May 14 2008, 02:54 PM
Post #1564

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ May 14 2008, 01:58 PM) *
hey konphusion26!

are you doing anything for maintenence? or after sex?

thanks in advance!!!

sooo sad

HEY SOOO SAD!! To tell the truth, kinda both but more maintenance I guess. honestly, sex is so few and far in between because of all crap thats constantly going on with my vag- when I am lucky enough to have a roll in the sheets, I try to insert 1 boric acid capsule the next day or two just to counteract any beasties... I notice that when I don't do that, I get RAGING yeast infections like the last 2 I've had. They've been so bad lately, the over the counter stuff just does nothing.

lori Posted Today, 02:11 PM
I'm pretty curious about the effect of Fem-D on yeast, too. Maybe it doesn't cure a full-blown yeast infection, but still helps prevent it?

Just like with needing a prescription to get rid of the BV first, you probably need to tackle the yeast before Fem-D can do its thing. ($50 though? Yeesh.)

Lesson to be learned ladies, do not try to self diagnose.

This really cannot be said often enough.

First of all, I really know that doctors can just suck sometimes. I had BV, and it went undiagnosed for THREE fucking years. I went to so many doctors and was examined so many times, and all they kept doing was testing me for every STD that ever existed. I have no idea why they were so stupid, but there you go.

Lori, hunny I tell ya - $50 is a big one when you're unemployed. There's a $15 mail in rebate, but I gotta wait for it. Thank God for that stimulus check!!!!! My lil lady doc is wonderful though. She just doesnt know what the hell to do for me except keep giving me meds LOL I have been to so many dang doctors and they want to run a million tests and write an Rx for everything.

Neverending... is the estriol in pills or suppositories. I dont think I need it now cuz I'm on bc. Seems to be working pretty well.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 14 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #1565

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anaisnin @ May 14 2008, 06:19 PM) *
gah just as i started getting into the tto i think im getting my period ohmy.gif that means no more tto and i guess i'll avoid using tampons too, i hate that

do you need a prescrip for estroil???

Have you heard of the Diva Cup? I've been using my Diva Cup for 3 1/2 years and I love it. You won't even have to buy any tampons which helps save money.I do use panty liners though. Just in case the Diva Cup slips out of place but it's really no big mess. Think about it. As far as the estoril, I bought them off the internet but you can get them from a doctor IF he/she thinks you need them. My doc didn't think I needed them so I bought them off the internet.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 14 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #1566

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ May 14 2008, 10:04 AM) *
Those acidophilus things don't seem to be working on my yeast though. Which is confusing, I thought it would work on that too. I really thought that what i was smelling and seeing was BV cuz it had all the classic signs and symptoms of bv beast; however it was not! The medicine the doc prescribed -Gynazole 1- for one dose lasting 7 days would probably knock that out, but its $50 with my insurance huh.gif Geez. I'm thinkin about just breaking down and getting it; most likely I could have been done with this mess 2 wks ago.

I'm pretty curious about the effect of Fem-D on yeast, too. Maybe it doesn't cure a full-blown yeast infection, but still helps prevent it?

Just like with needing a prescription to get rid of the BV first, you probably need to tackle the yeast before Fem-D can do its thing. ($50 though? Yeesh.)

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ May 14 2008, 10:04 AM) *
Lesson to be learned ladies, do not try to self diagnose. You may be wrong like I was. Try the health department as an alternative if you can't afford to go to your regular gyn or primary care doc.

This really cannot be said often enough.

First of all, I really know that doctors can just suck sometimes. I had BV, and it went undiagnosed for THREE fucking years. I went to so many doctors and was examined so many times, and all they kept doing was testing me for every STD that ever existed. I have no idea why they were so stupid, but there you go.

So I really really know that doctors do not always know what they're talking about. And I know some of you have experienced similar things, so you don't trust them. So self-knowledge and research is important. But a doctor should be involved somewhere in your treatment. Relying only on self-diagnose and self-treatment is not the way to go.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post May 14 2008, 11:41 AM
Post #1567

Hardcore BUSTie

hey konphusion26!

are you doing anything for maintenence? or after sex?

thanks in advance!!!

sooo sad

+Quote Post
anaisnin
post May 14 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #1568

BUSTie

gah just as i started getting into the tto i think im getting my period ohmy.gif that means no more tto and i guess i'll avoid using tampons too, i hate that

do you need a prescrip for estroil???

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post May 14 2008, 10:47 AM
Post #1569

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ May 14 2008, 10:24 AM) *
I know Neverending had success with Estroil, Lori with Fem-D and Flagyl, someone else with TTO suppositories. What was your fix? Do you know what helped finally, something you were trying?

Well, if one could call it a "fix" lol I guess it would have to be the last thing I used. Clindamycin cream used vaginally and taking the Fem-D and Swanson FemFlora (less expensive equivalent of FemD). I was taking like 3 or 4 at a time instead of the recommended 2.

Those acidophilus things don't seem to be working on my yeast though. Which is confusing, I thought it would work on that too. I really thought that what i was smelling and seeing was BV cuz it had all the classic signs and symptoms of bv beast; however it was not! The medicine the doc prescribed -Gynazole 1- for one dose lasting 7 days would probably knock that out, but its $50 with my insurance huh.gif Geez. I'm thinkin about just breaking down and getting it; most likely I could have been done with this mess 2 wks ago.

Lesson to be learned ladies, do not try to self diagnose. You may be wrong like I was. Try the health department as an alternative if you can't afford to go to your regular gyn or primary care doc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post May 14 2008, 08:07 AM
Post #1570

BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ May 13 2008, 07:41 PM) *
Welcome to the board Anais! I can't use TTO for that exact reason. It burns me every single time-even diluted. I may just be allergic to it.

Good luck finding a solution for your BV beast! I definitely know how frustrating it is. I had recurrent BV for about the last 5 yrs or so and was in the doctors office more times than I can count. The last three times I've gone to the doc, it's been yeast every single time. Im such a lucky gal aren't I? **bitter sarcasm!!** blink.gif

I know Neverending had success with Estroil, Lori with Fem-D and Flagyl, someone else with TTO suppositories. What was your fix? Do you know what helped finally, something you were trying?

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post May 14 2008, 06:17 AM
Post #1571

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ May 13 2008, 10:07 PM) *
Damn, you are the second person to say that. That suxs! Anyway, I used tto a few years ago and got the same result.It felt like someone set my cervix on fire.Ouch!

LADIES: I KNOW THIS is TMI BUT I LET MY HUSBAND CUM IN LAST NIGHT. I thought this crap would come back but it didn't. I also have to say, I had no problem getting wet. I've been doing a lot of stress reduction and it seem to have worked. So, with that being said,I AM BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN. It's been ( I think) a year and something now. Ask me if i'm happy.Now all I have to do is get over this horrible anxiety. That is the hard part. I think it will take me years to get back to my old self but it is possible. I think once I move, lose weight,finish school things will be good again.

hi neverending

how did you get rid of your bv? just wondering....

+Quote Post
lori
post May 14 2008, 01:24 AM
Post #1572

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anaisnin @ May 13 2008, 09:57 AM) *
oh THANK GOD, i feel dumb now..honestly, i've read here and vagina pagina sooo much that i've tried like everything. i'm glad it didn't clear it up. that's like further proof to me it's bv. for the longest time i thought it was a uti or an std until i went to planned parenthood.

Oh, don't feel dumb! You've been misinformed, and that is not your fault.

--------------------

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 13 2008, 07:51 PM
Post #1573

Hardcore BUSTie

sorry bout the triple post

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 13 2008, 07:51 PM
Post #1574

Hardcore BUSTie

oops

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 13 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #1575

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anaisnin @ May 14 2008, 12:10 AM) *
haha i know exactly when it started happening, when i first had sex!!! @ 21, 3 years ago, i'm a late bloomer.

anyways, i must have a cut somewhere or i dunno if maybe i should dilute the tto next time..my vag is burning like hellfire right now.

Damn, you are the second person to say that. That suxs! Anyway, I used tto a few years ago and got the same result.It felt like someone set my cervix on fire.Ouch!

LADIES: I KNOW THIS is TMI BUT I LET MY HUSBAND CUM IN LAST NIGHT. I thought this crap would come back but it didn't. I also have to say, I had no problem getting wet. I've been doing a lot of stress reduction and it seem to have worked. So, with that being said,I AM BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN. It's been ( I think) a year and something now. Ask me if i'm happy.Now all I have to do is get over this horrible anxiety. That is the hard part. I think it will take me years to get back to my old self but it is possible. I think once I move, lose weight,finish school things will be good again.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post May 13 2008, 05:24 PM
Post #1576

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anaisnin @ May 13 2008, 07:10 PM) *
anyways, i must have a cut somewhere or i dunno if maybe i should dilute the tto next time..my vag is burning like hellfire right now.

Welcome to the board Anais! I can't use TTO for that exact reason. It burns me every single time-even diluted. I may just be allergic to it.

Good luck finding a solution for your BV beast! I definitely know how frustrating it is. I had recurrent BV for about the last 5 yrs or so and was in the doctors office more times than I can count. The last three times I've gone to the doc, it's been yeast every single time. Im such a lucky gal aren't I? **bitter sarcasm!!** blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
anaisnin
post May 13 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #1577

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ May 13 2008, 03:28 PM) *
When did this problem start for you? Just wondering! Everyone has their story. Anyway, Welcome to the board!

haha i know exactly when it started happening, when i first had sex!!! @ 21, 3 years ago, i'm a late bloomer.

+Quote Post
shine
post May 13 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #1578

[quote name='jewelscando' date='May 12 2008, 09:58 PM' post='198474']
There's 2 ways to get the TTO. First, you can make them yourself. I purchased a bottle from Walmart. It's in the vitamin section normally close to the bottom shelf. Most health food stores carry the 00 Capsules that you can buy real cheap. I used a baby dropper and filled them up, and put in at night before I went to bed. You might want to start off with only filling the capsule half way, just to see how your body reacts. And, literally, lay down, once you've put it in. The best discription I can explain is it almost feels like someone blowing a Vicks menthal couph drop up you. But for me, it did not hurt. If you are raw in anyway, it might burn a little.

The next day (s), you will smell the TTO when you go to the bathroom. That's really the only time you smell it. I suggest using it for 2 days, then wait. It takes awhile to fully come out, so, I only used it for a couple of days, then stopped. Then I only used 1 capsule, the day after sex. Again, didn't want to use it if I was raw in any way shape or form. I wouldn't have sex for about a week, when on the TTO. I wanted to give it time to work.

Jewelscando-

Do you use the TTO on a regular basis now for maintainance, or only after sex?

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 13 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #1579

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anaisnin @ May 13 2008, 07:27 AM) *
hi, i'm a longtime lurker of this thread..

literally tried EVERYTHING, had health insurance way back when, they put me on meds 2x, didn't work, then went to planned parenthood, they put me on meds 2-3x, bv came back, tried boric acid/garlic, etc suppositories for a week(s), and that didn't work, tried meds/creams purchased online, didn't work!

is it really abnormal to try boric acid suppositories and NOT have 'em clear bv up? i thought there was a study somewhere that it was 98 percent effective. how the *#(Y%(#* am i in the 2 percent, lucky me!! the moral of my whole fiasco with bv is not to ever have sex again (hardy har, jk), but really, i do not trust docs after this. some of the bv meds they prescribed i took years ago for acne. i believe i've developed a tolerance to them which is pretty frightening to me.

anyways, my last resort is trying tto suppositories+acidophilus (sp) pills. how many days should i use these? 2 weeks? i'm getting my period in another ten days i think..that's going to screw things up right dry.gif

When did this problem start for you? Just wondering! Everyone has their story. Anyway, Welcome to the board!

+Quote Post
anaisnin
post May 13 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #1580

BUSTie

oh THANK GOD, i feel dumb now..honestly, i've read here and vagina pagina sooo much that i've tried like everything. i'm glad it didn't clear it up. that's like further proof to me it's bv. for the longest time i thought it was a uti or an std until i went to planned parenthood.

anyways, i looooove tto, the way it smells and everything. i had a little bit in a plastic cup and it ate right through the glue holding it together, so that stuff is potent!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 77 78 79 80 81 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 21, 2014 - 06:24 PM